Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion

Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/index.php)
-   News, Features, And More (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Charlie Weis Named 28th Irish Coach (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1007)

QueensNY 12-17-2004 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ND 1987
This just in:

(AP) South Bend, IN.: Notre Dame today announced that football coach Pat Weiss has been released from his duties as football coach following a closed session meeting by a three person committee of the University's Board of Trustee's. According to athletic director Kevin White, "Coach Weiss has been here one week and he has yet to produce a victory. He did a great job on Monday through Wednesday, but on Thursday, it became clear that he cannot consistently produce results."

Rumors have surfaced in South Bend that White and at least 3 other representatives are heading to the University of Montanta to recruit special teams coach Surburban Myers. Myers is a 1974 graduate of Notre Dame and a past winner of the 12 year old division of the NFL Punt, Pass and Kick competition. Earlier this year Myer's reportedly referred to Notre Dame's special teams as being reminiscent of a Pop Warner leage special teams where instead of punting, the ball is advanced 35 yards and the opposing team takes control.


Thanks for posting Mrs. Willingham. Good luck in Washington, don't put up any high fences this time. Rubs neighbors the wrong way.

irishtexan 12-17-2004 07:32 PM

Thanks for posting Mrs. Willingham. Good luck in Washington, don't put up any high fences this time. Rubs neighbors the wrong way.

haha, that was great. ND 1987 you need to take your ass to a Washington board.

nayers 12-18-2004 01:00 PM

FINALLY!!!!. being out here in california, i am the only die hard ND fan i know...everyone loves either USC, or UCLA...for years i have had to put up with the teasing and jokes after my team goes 5-7,or gets blown out for some mediocre team. I have stuck by them in the good years (1993 when the championship was stolen from us) and through the bad ones (the whole davie era, and losingham era) but in these last couple days, i have called all the haters and informed them to do one of two things, 1. Get all the ND bashing out of your system now, because soon, you wont have anything to make fun of. or 2. Just like you jumped on the USC bandwagon, now you need to jump off, and jump onto the ND bandwagon because ND is coming back to the top. THANK YOU TOUCHDOWN JESUS! This is the best hier, i didn;t like Meyer, i didn't like petrino, let's face it, our student section alone can basically fill up there entire stadiums. I am not interested in someone who can coach against WAC schools who basically have the average talent of most 1A high schools, i am interested in someone who has proven he can win at the highest level, and now we have him. After years of making stupid calls and decisions, the administration has finally done something right

seIRISH 12-18-2004 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayers
FINALLY!!!!. being out here in california, i am the only die hard ND fan i know...everyone loves either USC, or UCLA...for years i have had to put up with the teasing and jokes after my team goes 5-7,or gets blown out for some mediocre team. I have stuck by them in the good years (1993 when the championship was stolen from us) and through the bad ones (the whole davie era, and losingham era) but in these last couple days, i have called all the haters and informed them to do one of two things, 1. Get all the ND bashing out of your system now, because soon, you wont have anything to make fun of. or 2. Just like you jumped on the USC bandwagon, now you need to jump off, and jump onto the ND bandwagon because ND is coming back to the top. THANK YOU TOUCHDOWN JESUS! This is the best hier, i didn;t like Meyer, i didn't like petrino, let's face it, our student section alone can basically fill up there entire stadiums. I am not interested in someone who can coach against WAC schools who basically have the average talent of most 1A high schools, i am interested in someone who has proven he can win at the highest level, and now we have him. After years of making stupid calls and decisions, the administration has finally done something right

You are not the only on in Cali.I live in LA the bandwagon does not get any bigger then here. Going to any sporting gear store and have to walk to the 10 rows of sc stuff to the one nd rack.Every person from 5 to 90 asking do they have any more sc stuff and who won the Superbowl last year. The new guy has fire and will make the right moves to get us back to championship.

jiggafini19 12-21-2004 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seIRISH
You are not the only on in Cali.I live in LA the bandwagon does not get any bigger then here. Going to any sporting gear store and have to walk to the 10 rows of sc stuff to the one nd rack.Every person from 5 to 90 asking do they have any more sc stuff and who won the Superbowl last year. The new guy has fire and will make the right moves to get us back to championship.

USC is the only game in town...no NFL team to speak of. I live in Chicago....we only have a defense. Guess that's better than nothing.

jiggafini19 12-21-2004 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ND 1987
This just in:

(AP) South Bend, IN.: Notre Dame today announced that football coach Pat Weiss has been released from his duties as football coach following a closed session meeting by a three person committee of the University's Board of Trustee's. According to athletic director Kevin White, "Coach Weiss has been here one week and he has yet to produce a victory. He did a great job on Monday through Wednesday, but on Thursday, it became clear that he cannot consistently produce results."

Rumors have surfaced in South Bend that White and at least 3 other representatives are heading to the University of Montanta to recruit special teams coach Surburban Myers. Myers is a 1974 graduate of Notre Dame and a past winner of the 12 year old division of the NFL Punt, Pass and Kick competition. Earlier this year Myer's reportedly referred to Notre Dame's special teams as being reminiscent of a Pop Warner leage special teams where instead of punting, the ball is advanced 35 yards and the opposing team takes control.

Well done 1987!!! Best Dan Rather impersonation ever. I thought this was actually an AP report until I started reading. Good stuff.

GBdomer 03-17-2015 11:36 PM

Charlie Jr. joined the Alabama staff today

Jr. finally a teenager?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.