Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion

Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/index.php)
-   News, Features, And More (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Charlie Weis Named 28th Irish Coach (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1007)

Aerosmith777 12-16-2004 12:07 PM

I think it would be a miracle if he actually got Doering, unfortunately. But hey, this is Notre Dame, miracles happen (see "Rudy"). The O-line could certainly use him. I wouldn't mind if Weis promised him he'd start as a freshman if he came to South Bend. And as far as knocking out the Pats, I actually am now a Pats fan for the rest of this season b/c I think it actually helps ND if Weis is seen winning another ring. You know every single recruit in the country watches the Superbowl and at least most of the playoffs, and you know now that every Pats game the broadcasters are gonna spend some time talking about Weis and his impending move to Notre Dame. I think that kind of publicity actually helps the Irish recruiting effort.

jiggafini19 12-16-2004 02:45 PM

Good point. However, the sooner we can get Weis full time the better. The proof is already in the pudding.

NDLyght37 12-16-2004 07:01 PM

Weiss is putting together a great staff. If Ty had done that,,,,just playing (but it's true...lol).

BTW, funniest line I heard. During an argument about Willingham, someone said what if Ty had gone 8-3, would that make a difference. The reply...If Mario mendosa had hit .357, would there still be a Mendoza Line?

I'm a "Ty-Guy", and even I find that funny!

ND 1987 12-16-2004 10:45 PM

This just in:

(AP) South Bend, IN.: Notre Dame today announced that football coach Pat Weiss has been released from his duties as football coach following a closed session meeting by a three person committee of the University's Board of Trustee's. According to athletic director Kevin White, "Coach Weiss has been here one week and he has yet to produce a victory. He did a great job on Monday through Wednesday, but on Thursday, it became clear that he cannot consistently produce results."

Rumors have surfaced in South Bend that White and at least 3 other representatives are heading to the University of Montanta to recruit special teams coach Surburban Myers. Myers is a 1974 graduate of Notre Dame and a past winner of the 12 year old division of the NFL Punt, Pass and Kick competition. Earlier this year Myer's reportedly referred to Notre Dame's special teams as being reminiscent of a Pop Warner leage special teams where instead of punting, the ball is advanced 35 yards and the opposing team takes control.

QueensNY 12-16-2004 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ND 1987
This just in:

(AP) South Bend, IN.: Notre Dame today announced that football coach Pat Weiss has been released from his duties as football coach following a closed session meeting by a three person committee of the University's Board of Trustee's. According to athletic director Kevin White, "Coach Weiss has been here one week and he has yet to produce a victory. He did a great job on Monday through Wednesday, but on Thursday, it became clear that he cannot consistently produce results."

Rumors have surfaced in South Bend that White and at least 3 other representatives are heading to the University of Montanta to recruit special teams coach Surburban Myers. Myers is a 1974 graduate of Notre Dame and a past winner of the 12 year old division of the NFL Punt, Pass and Kick competition. Earlier this year Myer's reportedly referred to Notre Dame's special teams as being reminiscent of a Pop Warner leage special teams where instead of punting, the ball is advanced 35 yards and the opposing team takes control.

Your posts are very silly. Weis is setting up the best coaching staff in college football right now. To be announced soon. Lots of big timers.

NDLyght37 12-16-2004 11:52 PM

Quote:

This just in:

Good satire. But Wies is putting together a good staff.

seIRISH 12-17-2004 01:11 AM

Quote:

This just in:

You could always just cheer for Washington or work for ESPN.