Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion

Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 Recruiting Profiles (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   '10 FL DT Louis Nix (Notre Dame Man) (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44388)

DillonHall 07-08-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobias (Post 725800)
Tony was competing for playing time with Ian Williams last fall if i remember correctly. They gave the nod to Ian primarily because of experience and seniority, but it is still a pretty big accomplishment for a true freshman. I fully expect him to show up within the next two season, and play well. Along with that, I expect some great nicknames with his lumberjack physique and bright orange hair once he is better known.

You're thinking of someone else. Ian Williams and Springmann have never played on the same team. And there's no way that Ian would have lost out to Springmann.

Bogtrotter07 07-08-2012 03:37 PM

Let us try to untangle this. Springman was a freshman last year and they elected to keep his fifth year of elgibility. He was battling Sean Cwynar behind Louis Nix. Sean Cwynar was splitting time and took over for Ian Williams when he went down in Kelly's first year; or in English two seasons ago.

Springman is one of those guys, because the coaches shut him down on elgibility, that people may have thought may not be a performer. Wrong.

NDhoosier 07-08-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhode Irish (Post 725820)
This is a puzzling statement. I could understand saying this about a player who has been on the team for a few years and hasn't contributed, but seems like a weird accusation to make about a player who just finished his freshman year, especially a lineman.

I think you are just over analyzing my words. I havent really heard much about him during Spring practice. No need to get all puzzled on me...

rtrn2glory 07-08-2012 05:52 PM

guys...nose guard is a very difficult position to look good at...many times at that position, no news is good news. meaning if you're doing your job it's mum, but you only get attention when you screw up...that's the world of playing interior D line and O line

big lou is an exception and that's why he will play on sundays.

Rhode Irish 07-08-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDhoosier (Post 725905)
I think you are just over analyzing my words. I havent really heard much about him during Spring practice. No need to get all puzzled on me...

I don't think I'm over analyzing anything. You said he hasn't "stepped up" because he did not contribute as a freshman d-lineman. I think what you said is either unfair criticism or a sloppy choice of words. In either case, I disagree with it.

Bobias 07-08-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DillonHall (Post 725825)
You're thinking of someone else. Ian Williams and Springmann have never played on the same team. And there's no way that Ian would have lost out to Springmann.

Sorry, it was Hafis Williams that I was thinking about. Easily mistaken.

greyhammer90 07-08-2012 08:30 PM

Nice to see Neal and Ferg with the team.

Bluto 07-08-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greyhammer90 (Post 726069)
Nice to see Neal and Ferg with the team.

Ferguson sure looks ready to go. The dude looks big.

rtrn2glory 07-08-2012 10:52 PM

lou looks like he's thinned out some

Sherm Sticky 07-09-2012 12:48 PM

Lol Jordan Prestwood beat in in 2k with a lucky 3 pointer.

Emcee77 07-09-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDhoosier (Post 725905)

Unless I'm mistaken, Springmann didn't play in spring practice because he was recovering from an injury. I heard lots of positive stuff about him in fall camp and in practice last year, but for whatever reason the staff elected to preserve a potential 5th year for him. Assuming he's healthy, I'm expecting him to contribute this year.

Whiskeyjack 07-09-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherm Sticky (Post 726451)
Lol Jordan Prestwood beat in in 2k with a lucky 3 pointer.

I think that was a reference to Moore, not Nix. Kendall seemed to be the one behind this most recent episode of Chocolate News.

Bogtrotter07 07-09-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emcee77 (Post 726455)
Unless I'm mistaken, Springmann didn't play in spring practice because he was recovering from an injury. I heard lots of positive stuff about him in fall camp and in practice last year, but for whatever reason the staff elected to preserve a potential 5th year for him. Assuming he's healthy, I'm expecting him to contribute this year.

Springman had a back surgery similar to Tyler Eiferts, I believe. " Winter surgery was performed on his back with the knowledge that he would have to sit out the spring, but that he would hopefully be on track to be cleared in the fall."

I have a connection into some FTW guys, and some others who say Springman is going to add sideline-to-sideline mobility to the noseguard position. He not only is going to surprise some people, he may hurt some too. As of now, remember we are going to have great performances from Day, Springman, and I am saying that Tyler Stocton, is following the Jonas Gray plan . . . That is what I have so far.

NDhoosier 07-09-2012 02:38 PM

so he was hurt during Spring Practice? I guess that explains why I didnt hear much about him...

Sherm Sticky 07-09-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDhoosier (Post 726507)
so he was hurt during Spring Practice? I guess that explains why I didnt hear much about him...

No he was hurt during the season and I believe had surgery after the season.

Domina Nostra 07-09-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogtrotter07 (Post 726490)
I am saying that Tyler Stocton, is following the Jonas Gray plan . . . That is what I have so far.

As a guy who was mesmerized by Jonas Gray's lack of production for 3 years (I fully expected a stud every single year based on the glimpses we got of him and his measurables), I will offer a slight distinction. No one on this team is capable of a Jonas Gray year since no one who is badly underperforming is also built like a 1st round NFL pick at their respective position.

While none of these guys have Jonas' potnetial, the closest we have is Goodman (based on his apparent speed, but I doubt he is as fast as advertised), and McCarthy (who has been injured).

Stockton could give us a Robby Paris or a Kamara year- basically, he could surpass expectations by becoming a soild contributor. This would not be shocking since seniors have 4 years of study and lifting under their belt, and a lot of the fear has worn off.

Back to Big Lou...

IndyIrishFan1 07-12-2012 10:43 AM

Another episode of Chocolate News.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6rIl7f9yLPo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mkg77 07-12-2012 10:58 AM

Nice to see Ferguson and Neal having fun. Oh, and Tuitt and Nix had better focus on football because they certainly do not have a future in golf ...

Junkhead 07-12-2012 11:21 AM

I was just getting ready to take my son to Hackers, weird timing. I'm not making a video though. Did he call Springmann Chewbacca? lol

SoIll 07-12-2012 01:10 PM

davonte neal "ND all day

ndfi78 07-12-2012 01:38 PM

How could you not love Big Lou? :)

Me2SouthBend 08-14-2012 08:12 AM

From II. Gotta Love Big Lou.

“We want to be the No. 1 defense in the country,” Nix said. “That’s about it. We come to practice every day, we go to meetings every day, and that’s our mindset; we want to be the best. What team wouldn’t feel the same way? We’re just like everybody else. We come to work. We can be great.

“What do I see when I look to my left and see Tuitt and look to my right and see Kap? I’m like, ‘Somebody is going to get it!’”

It’s Louis Nix’s world. We’re just fortunate he’s sharing some of his sunshine with us.

IrishIllustrated.com - It's Irish Chocolate's world

Irish YJ 08-14-2012 12:48 PM

Very nice. Love this guy. He needs to improve his accounting though LOL. Love the hair. You can tell he's all about business, but wants to have fun while taking care of business. Great kid.

Bogtrotter07 08-14-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me2SouthBend (Post 744308)
From II. Gotta Love Big Lou.

“We want to be the No. 1 defense in the country,” Nix said. “That’s about it. We come to practice every day, we go to meetings every day, and that’s our mindset; we want to be the best. What team wouldn’t feel the same way? We’re just like everybody else. We come to work. We can be great.

“What do I see when I look to my left and see Tuitt and look to my right and see Kap? I’m like, ‘Somebody is going to get it!’”

It’s Louis Nix’s world. We’re just fortunate he’s sharing some of his sunshine with us.

IrishIllustrated.com - It's Irish Chocolate's world

This may be an all time classic. Up there with, "Lucy, I'm home." Or, "One of these days, Alice, BOOM, pow right to the moon . . . , "

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xfJXgKTqpdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheChosen1 08-23-2012 10:15 PM

Laughing with Louis Nix -- wsbt.com

BeauBenken 08-23-2012 11:56 PM

An IE made image made the news. Well done, gentlemen.

UmphreakDomer 08-24-2012 02:23 PM

Chocolte news E.P 4 - YouTube

New episode of Chocolate News

ND4EVA 08-30-2012 02:36 PM

Chocolate News EP 5 - YouTube

Gettting ready for Ireland edition, enjoy

Walter White 08-30-2012 04:22 PM

Can't wait for the next couple. The whole team looked pretty excited about going to Ireland.

ND4EVA 08-31-2012 05:06 PM

Chocolate News EP 5 part 2 - YouTube

part 2 of the Ireland editions.

Riddickulous 08-31-2012 05:31 PM

WE PET MOOSES HERE

Grahambo 08-31-2012 05:39 PM

I'm gonna check mate somebody out here!

Old Man Mike 08-31-2012 05:57 PM

I still believe that Big Lou was the most important recruit that we've gotten in the last cycles post-Manti. The big man is a symbol. He's a symbol that Notre Dame can recruit an SEC sized and quality DT... and he backs it up on the field as an NFL quality run stuffer. The fact that he is such an unbelievably light-hearted and funny personality has been an unexpected and value-beyond-price added blessing to this team. In many ways, the big man has been my favorite --- stuff the run, Irish Chocolate. And let your buddies go crazy at the QB. Manti appreciates the trash-pile-ups that you create in front of him, too.

Cali_domer 09-02-2012 06:55 PM

Louis Nix*/DT-NT/Notre Dame: Nix tormented the Navy offense and controlled the line of scrimmage during Notre Dame's 40-point victory. The wide-bodied lineman was constantly clogging the middle of the field as well as collapsing the pocket. His presence was felt throughout the game as Navy attempted to slow him down with double team blocks. He showed terrific power as well as the ability to change direction then pursue the action. Nix offers a mouth-watering combination of size, power and athleticism. The ability to line up at defensive tackle or on the nose only adds to his next level value.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/09/01/week-1-risers-sliders/index.html#ixzz25M4jDkVj[/url]

irishff1014 09-02-2012 07:51 PM

Hey is going to be awesome to watch this year.

Fbolt 09-02-2012 08:45 PM

Guy cracks me up. Nice seeing the guys get these opportunities.

elboricua 09-02-2012 09:44 PM

the thing that nobody talks about but could definitely happen is that Nix goes pro after this year. He most definitely shouldn't do it because he needs to degree and could use another year of experience(but mostly the degree) but he could leave and ND really needs to recruit a big body like that. Not so sure they will be able to be nearly as effective without Nix.

Irishman77 09-02-2012 09:47 PM

Stay in school. Look at blockers from Lsu now with the rams. Not even close to ready.

Old Man Mike 09-02-2012 10:00 PM

All of these scenarios are why I pump continuously for a DT. But deep in my heart I know we're not going to get one. So I change my hopes: I hope instead for us to show an utterly kick@ss defensive line this season.

If we do, and if we look like a "winner" on the field, maybe then the Staff can get another Big Lou in the 2014 cycle. A great NT doesn't want to go somewhere where he has to do all the work in the meathouse with little support, AND not win games. We need to develop a "new" tradition of killer D-Lines playing on double-diget win teams. I'll bet that really good DT at Purdue wouldn't mind playing with Tuitt and KLM and Day right now. And winning a bunch of games.

Big Lou is a great gem and a real rarity for us; we were REALLY lucky that he wanted to come to Notre Dame even though we had no appointed head coach at the time. THAT was a miracle.

Junkhead 09-02-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elboricua (Post 757422)
the thing that nobody talks about but could definitely happen is that Nix goes pro after this year.

He just played his 14th game for ND. It may be possible, but I doubt it.

Fbolt 09-02-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Man Mike (Post 757436)
All of these scenarios are why I pump continuously for a DT. But deep in my heart I know we're not going to get one. So I change my hopes: I hope instead for us to show an utterly kick@ss defensive line this season.

If we do, and if we look like a "winner" on the field, maybe then the Staff can get another Big Lou in the 2014 cycle. A great NT doesn't want to go somewhere where he has to do all the work in the meathouse with little support, AND not win games. We need to develop a "new" tradition of killer D-Lines playing on double-diget win teams. I'll bet that really good DT at Purdue wouldn't mind playing with Tuitt and KLM and Day right now. And winning a bunch of games.

Big Lou is a great gem and a real rarity for us; we were REALLY lucky that he wanted to come to Notre Dame even though we had no appointed head coach at the time. THAT was a miracle.

Did i notice some emotion in that post OMM? Haha-j/k-usually your so rational.

GoldenIsThyFame 09-06-2012 02:21 PM

Love this kid.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7u7oYgKNcD0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NDdomer2 09-06-2012 02:28 PM

or 5 if there is enough hahahaha

Bogtrotter07 09-06-2012 03:01 PM

HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THIS GUY????

fitz_bu47 09-06-2012 03:48 PM

Love this kid, great attitude on life.

BurningRiver 09-06-2012 07:10 PM

My new favorite player.

Bogtrotter07 09-10-2012 06:55 PM

Seacláid na hÉireann (Irish Chocolate) had stats that equaled Short, but he also had two knocked down passes. Think about it. People are now calling short a first round draft choice!

elboricua 09-10-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogtrotter07 (Post 765036)
Seacláid na hÉireann (Irish Chocolate) had stats that equaled Short, but he also had two knocked down passes. Think about it. People are now calling short a first round draft choice!

Nix might be a 1st round pick after this year if he keeps it up. I just hope he stays after this year and gets his degree.

Buster Bluth 09-10-2012 07:02 PM

Nix is impressive. No doubt.

Sherm Sticky 09-10-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elboricua (Post 765042)
Nix might be a 1st round pick after this year if he keeps it up. I just hope he stays after this year and gets his degree.

He will stay one more year. He is only a red shirt sophomore.