Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion

Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Notre Dame Athletics (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   ND Men BB Recruiting (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67977)

irishff1014 03-31-2012 03:29 PM

ND Men BB Recruiting

We only have 2 players committed and according to 247 all the other players we had offers out to are verbaled with other teams. Last week i think it was we had 3 verbals. With not having good depth and now the transfer you think we would get more then 2 players.

military_irish 03-31-2012 03:36 PM

I think each team carries 12 players at a time. Right now ND will probably lose Abro, Dragicevich is transfering, and Crowley is a walk-on.

That leaves 9 Scholarship players. With 3 recruits coming in next year to bumped the total back up to 12. After next year ND loses Cooley and Martin (if he is able to get a 6th year which he may)

With the two recruits coming in from 2013 that will bump the total back up to 12. This is all without anyone transferring.

EDIT: Forgot Brooks with graduate after next year, also. From what I have heard Broghammer may be done because he has bad knees, but if he does still play he still has two years left. That leaves either 10-11 players after next season. Room for 1-2 more players to sign in 2013.

PerthDomer 03-31-2012 03:37 PM

the class still has 3 members, but only 2 are top 100 (Brey's best class ever). Year after we have 2, are hard after Djax, and maybe will add another due to Drago leaving (though may add a transfer. BBall is looking up.

Irish Fam 03-31-2012 03:42 PM

what is the best site for basketball recruiting? 247? espn? Rivals? other?

KPENN 03-31-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Fam (Post 681384)
what is the best site for basketball recruiting? 247? espn? Rivals? other?

I kinda like espn for b-ball, then rivals

PADOMERNUT 03-31-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by military_irish (Post 681381)
I think each team carries 12 players at a time. Right now ND will probably lose Abro, Dragicevich is transfering, and Crowley is a walk-on.

That leaves 9 Scholarship players. With 3 recruits coming in next year to bumped the total back up to 12. After next year ND loses Cooley and Martin (if he is able to get a 6th year which he may)

With the two recruits coming in from 2013 that will bump the total back up to 12. This is all without anyone transferring.

EDIT: Forgot Brooks with graduate after next year, also. From what I have heard Broghammer may be done because he has bad knees, but if he does still play he still has two years left. That leaves either 10-11 players after next season. Room for 1-2 more players to sign in 2013.

Just a FYI, Broghammer is officially done.

STLDomer 05-22-2012 10:46 PM

Not recruiting but didnt deserve a thread

“@DickieV: Happy to hear ND -Purdue - IU-  Butler will play again in Indy - Irish should sign @NDMikeBrey  to a long long deal    Katz 3-point shot - College Basketball Nation Blog - ESPN "

Quote:

1. Notre Dame coach Mike Brey said the Irish have extended their commitment to the Crossroads Classic for another two seasons. Brey expects the event to continue and be a fixture on the Irish’s schedule. Notre Dame lost badly to Indiana last season while Butler beat Purdue in thrilling fashion in the first event. Next season, in what will be the second of the initial two-year deal, will pit Notre Dame against Purdue and Indiana against Butler. Brey said the rotation of Notre Dame and Butler alternating with the two in-state Big Ten schools would continue in 2013 and 2014. The coach doesn’t anticipate playing Butler in a separate game since it might be hard to justify playing another in-state school, even one as highly rated and respected as Butler.