Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion

Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 Recruiting Profiles (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   '10 FL DT Louis Nix (Notre Dame Man) (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44388)

NDinFL 04-16-2012 11:05 AM

You forgot about 4 more "sh1ts" in there

Bogtrotter07 04-16-2012 11:06 AM

Focus too narrow.

SoIll 04-16-2012 11:07 AM

[quote=beryirish;689383]WTF.
--------

I too think Nix is a guy who values the education...that's what makes me think nothing will happen with him transferring but damn all this negative information is absolutely killing me.

2012 Top 10 recruiting class (by some services) -- Awesome
Tee Shepherd leaves ---- Sh1t
Michigan gets 8 studs in one weekend some are ND prospects -----Sh1t
ND knocks it out of the park on their junior day ---- Awesome
Lynch leaves ----- Sh1t
Rees is looking good in practice ------Sh1t
Rumors on Nix -----Sh1t

haha... i chuckled a bit

beryirish 04-16-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogtrotter07 (Post 689387)
Focus too narrow.

I'm narrow minded ;)

Jimmy3Putt 04-16-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTurningPOint (Post 689304)
1. Nix is allowed to talk to Darby. Guys actually have friends that play for other schools that ND fans may hate. So you cant flip out when oh Nix is talking to Darby or **** hes talking to robert woods.

2. I was told this weekend Nix wasnt exactly happy at ND but he realized the meaning of a ND degree and the staff wasnt worried abt him transferring.

3. If Nix does leave...i think you may see a few other top kids names surface on a transfer rumor too.

edit*

football isn't life or death

JeremyND07 04-16-2012 11:27 AM

I have not been on this site for a few weeks because of my work schedule. I did not realize the program was falling apart. It is going to be a long season guys...

Emcee77 04-16-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyND07 (Post 689399)
I have not been on this site for a few weeks because of my work schedule. I did not realize the program was falling apart. It is going to be a long season guys...

LOL.

beryirish 04-16-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

That's stretching it a liilll bit.

Bogtrotter07 04-16-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beryirish (Post 689389)
I'm narrow minded ;)

So what?

That has nothing to do with your focus.

One guy leaves and all the pussies come out of the woodwork. (Certainly not you! But plenty of other so called fans.) Kind of like earthworms after a spring rain.

As far as players leaving, I remember Allie whats his name that started on Holtzes 88 team as a frosh. He left to be after his girlfriend back home, transferred to UCLA, so what? The world never ended.

There was a guy that came to ND as a back in the fifties. The coaching staff hated him. They would stand behind the offense and tell the defense what hole he was running through. This was because they discovered his big thing was his face. The defense went after him high; in the days before face masks. He transferred to Kentucy, and ended up all SEC. So what?

Alll that matters is that you have seventy to eighty guys that are willing to play at a high level. Not hitting the right hole for assignments, not giving it all in practices, not knowing assignment, isn't it. Kelly will continue to find those guys willing to work, then watch out!

Football, and fans are the reason so many gifted kids think they don't have to work. Wrong message for sure! It takes a while to unlearn.

Ironman8 04-16-2012 11:38 AM

Hope that is satire because this doom and gloom is getting ridiculous. Yes there have been a few things that haven't gone or way recently, but no one in their right mind can't take a step back and see objectively that we have the most complete and loaded roster filled with playmakers in some time, on both sides of the ball. In addition, the two strongest parts of our team is our two lines, which I think we can all agree is paramount in building a program and having success on the field.

We are going to be ok staying on this track. One step back, two steps forward.

BestBIrish47 04-16-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beryirish (Post 689403)
That's stretching it a liilll bit.

That's what she said.

aubeirish 04-16-2012 11:44 AM

LOL Zbi. That burrito is good, but it's filling.

Irish Insanity 04-16-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

The program isn't there yet, but the canvass seems to be.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Cackalacky 04-16-2012 12:03 PM

I heard Nix was going to Kansas

FLDomer 04-16-2012 12:04 PM

USF could have a sick dline in 2 yrs!!

OlympiaIrishFan 04-16-2012 12:21 PM

I sure hope these rumors aren't true. I love watching Nix, and he is becoming my favorite player outside Teo. Nix and Tuitt are rapidly becoming my fav's.

Oh well, Big Lou we all love you here. That is why so many are freaked out.

Go Irish!

anarin 04-16-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cackalacky (Post 689428)
I heard Nix was going to Kansas

It's going to be weird watching Kansas this year. I'm going to half cheer for them against my home state team. :whoknows:

peoriairish 04-16-2012 12:29 PM

Something that worries me about this whole situation is that Lou is an admin over at the Bang Bang fb group and there have been some pretty awful threads going over there about the lynch situation, a new recruit that misspelled phone on twitter, and a thread responding to a SB Tribune article about Kona and Lou being neck and neck with Lou possibly falling behind Kona. The comments haven't been great and Lou even responded pretty poorly to a few. Hopefully Lou has the smarts to not let that stuff affect him, but he seems to be a very emotional and 'wear his heart on his sleeve' kind of guy. This may have been a final button type of thing.

With that said, I do agree with Ironman said in that our team is more loaded than it has been in recent history. So we are going to be fine, but the comment about if Lou leaves, others may follow suit worries me. I don't want the team to take 10 steps back after we have taken a few forward with this last recruiting cycle. We shall see over the next few months what is going to happen.

But just remember, this is college football and anything goes. Just strap in and hold on tight. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

gkIrish 04-16-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peoriairish (Post 689445)
Something that worries me about this whole situation is that Lou is an admin over at the Bang Bang fb group and there have been some pretty awful threads going over there about the lynch situation, a new recruit that misspelled phone on twitter, and a thread responding to a SB Tribune article about Kona and Lou being neck and neck with Lou possibly falling behind Kona. The comments haven't been great and Lou even responded pretty poorly to a few. Hopefully Lou has the smarts to not let that stuff affect him, but he seems to be a very emotional and 'wear his heart on his sleeve' kind of guy. This may have been a final button type of thing.

For the 1,000,000th time-- someone with connections needs to get a hold of ND administration and get that thing shut down.

peoriairish 04-16-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkIrish (Post 689450)
For the 1,000,000th time-- someone with connections needs to get a hold of ND administration and get that thing shut down.

I agree. It has been reported before, I think to only the FB police. Maybe we need jimmymac to find his way into the ND offices and show it to them. Have them shut it down. Get on it our trusty ND sleuth.

Ben E. 04-16-2012 12:41 PM

Everything that goes wrong with ND football is Facebook's fault! Lol.

Rhode Irish 04-16-2012 12:42 PM

How would Notre Dame's administration have the power to shut down a facebook group?

peoriairish 04-16-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhode Irish (Post 689460)
How would Notre Dame's administration have the power to shut down a facebook group?

Lawyers. But then you get into free speech and all that fun stuff. It would be hard.

gkIrish 04-16-2012 12:48 PM

Lawyers.

There's so much libel bouncing around on that page it wouldn't be hard

And I'm sure the admins would take a call from ND administration seriously even without lawyers

Irish8248 04-16-2012 12:52 PM

File an injunction on the site for violating NCAA rules ... Or just threaten the admins with court proceedings and possible civil charges for acting as a booster without the permission of ND blah blah blah ... Court actions would scare any person to just delete the group unless they wanted to risk liability

... Law is creative lol

Who'saWildManNow 04-16-2012 12:56 PM

Why don't we just start the anti-bang bang group?

TerryTate 04-16-2012 12:58 PM

Send PMs to that idiot that came to IE to apologize.

Rhode Irish 04-16-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkIrish (Post 689464)
Lawyers.

There's so much libel bouncing around on that page it wouldn't be hard

And I'm sure the admins would take a call from ND administration seriously even without lawyers

They don't have standing or an actionable claim. The Bang Bang group might be embarrassingly stupid, but it isn't illegal.

peoriairish 04-16-2012 01:02 PM

I didn't want this to turn into another Bang Bang bashing thread, I just wanted to point this out as a potential reason. I think we need to just sit in a holding pattern for a while and see how this whole thing shakes out.

The video just posted from Saturday's practice seemed really intense and promising on a few aspects. Let's hope that getting a few of these good practices under his belt, Lou will be all good and he'll get that big, jolly, smile back on his face.

gkIrish 04-16-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhode Irish (Post 689476)
They don't have standing or an actionable claim. The Bang Bang group might be embarrassingly stupid, but it isn't illegal.

I think the point is that if the administration wants it to get shut down, it will. And I personally think they could show standing regardless. Not trying to get into a legal argument though. I skip too many classes to pretend like I know anything

TheTurningPoint 04-16-2012 01:11 PM

This is the year ND could surprise us. Everything seems to be negative and everything is hard to take, but then out of no where. BOOM. 10 Wins. The team is close and they are very close to getting it done on the field. They compete and I think its time to really get behind BK bc the ride is about to begin

Irishman77 04-16-2012 01:19 PM

Like I said the ones that make it through this spring and summer will be carved out of wood and something new...just like these men.

Navy SEAL BUD/S Training Hell Week - YouTube

FLDomer 04-16-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peoriairish (Post 689479)
I didn't want this to turn into another Bang Bang bashing thread, I just wanted to point this out as a potential reason. I think we need to just sit in a holding pattern for a while and see how this whole thing shakes out.

The video just posted from Saturday's practice seemed really intense and promising on a few aspects. Let's hope that getting a few of these good practices under his belt, Lou will be all good and he'll get that big, jolly, smile back on his face.

How bout we join the Bang Bang group and run all the freaken morons and turn it around, instead of b!tching about em (not saying you are peoria) lets show some our recruits/current players there a intelligent ND fans out there. If we slam em enough and point out their idiot thoughts/post (like we do to moron posters in here) we can make the Bang Bang group a good thing! I say we DECLARE WAR!!!!!

Who'saWildManNow 04-16-2012 01:28 PM

I read the post and comments about Kona and Nix..

They just look like idiots. The initial reactions are along the lines of "Competition is good", "if Kona is better than so be it".. "Kelly is sending a message to Lou".. Then Lou posts "smh" and a ton of kiss a$$ comments coming flying in right after.

It's pathetic and honestly awkward. I hate that site.

GoldenIsThyFame 04-16-2012 01:37 PM

Reported them as well. I am so F UCKING sick of that damn group.

TheSunIsRising 04-16-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peoriairish (Post 689453)
I agree. It has been reported before, I think to only the FB police. Maybe we need jimmymac to find his way into the ND offices and show it to them. Have them shut it down. Get on it our trusty ND sleuth.

I am certain that there is knowledge of that site by the ND Administration. I would expect that the coaches/compliance staff would love the site to disappear.

I don't think it is an issue of lack of awareness (r interest in shutting it down) on the ND Admin side.

peoriairish 04-16-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLDomer (Post 689494)
How bout we join the Bang Bang group and run all the freaken morons and turn it around, instead of b!tching about em (not saying you are peoria) lets show some our recruits/current players there a intelligent ND fans out there. If we slam em enough and point out their idiot thoughts/post (like we do to moron posters in here) we can make the Bang Bang group a good thing! I say we DECLARE WAR!!!!!

This is what I have been trying to do, but people in the group just post asinine and ignorant posts again and again. I mean someone posted in there that they think Niklas is a better TE than Eifert. This is the kind of stuff I'm dealing with trying to correct people over there. It's wonderful. Oh well.

irishff1014 04-16-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLDomer (Post 689494)

I say we go at them full force.

Buster Bluth 04-16-2012 01:42 PM

Kill it with fire.

Bogtrotter07 04-16-2012 01:42 PM

"smh"?

Buster Bluth 04-16-2012 01:43 PM

And with lawyers.

Buster Bluth 04-16-2012 01:44 PM

Lawyers wielding fire and/or lawyers on fire.

gkIrish 04-16-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogtrotter07 (Post 689504)
"smh"?

If you're asking what it means--

"Shake my head"

Urban Dictionary: smh

JD Irish 04-16-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTurningPOint (Post 689484)
This is the year ND could surprise us. Everything seems to be negative and everything is hard to take, but then out of no where. BOOM. 10 Wins. The team is close and they are very close to getting it done on the field. They compete and I think its time to really get behind BK bc the ride is about to begin

Dude you are sending so many mixed messages...

BeauBenken 04-16-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTurningPOint (Post 689484)

Shhh...it's not really a surprise if you bring it up. Let everyone be negative.

peoriairish 04-16-2012 01:51 PM

I know it has been brought to the staff's attention because they took Tee out as an admin and made Lou and some other guy an admin to ensure no recruits are part of the group. Cause you know, when they aren't part of the group, they can't see what it says...

Bogtrotter07 04-16-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmunsirish (Post 689508)
Dude you are sending so many mixed messages...

Dude, No he is not. I have listened to TurningPoint lately and all I can tell you is: The times they are a changin'!

Bogtrotter07 04-16-2012 01:55 PM

gkIrish 04-16-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peoriairish (Post 689512)
I know it has been brought to the staff's attention because they took Tee out as an admin and made Lou and some other guy an admin to ensure no recruits are part of the group. Cause you know, when they aren't part of the group, they can't see what it says...

I think you need the italics. Not everyone uses facebook haha

DANsanity15 04-16-2012 01:59 PM

It does seem like AL Nix and Shembo have been hanging out a lot lately.. Shembo tweets about it a lot... Maybe AL is up to something?