2020-21 NFL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

On Two Pros and a Cup of Joe, they referred to Gruden as collateral damage. With that many emails, there's going to be a lot more.
    I mean, I have zero doubts that many others in the past and present share similar views to what Gruden said in his emails, which makes this far bigger than Gruden. He's just one spoke in the wheel. He's not an exception.

Too much money involved and too many powerful people won't let anything get out that shouldn't. Gruden and Schefter are the types of people who will fall here.
    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• I loved this guy's defense last year with the Rams and I think he's going to be a great head coach.

For an NFL coach to sound like this five years ago would have been impossible.
      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post

I loved this guy's defense last year with the Rams and I think he's going to be a great head coach.

For an NFL coach to sound like this five years ago would have been impossible.
        This is king shit. Crazy to think there's others out there that want to carry water for Gruden.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

This is king shit. Crazy to think there's others out there that want to carry water for Gruden.
          This probably isn't a good time to mention to Chicago Bears fans that this guy was on their staff a few years ago.

Comment

• Jon Gruden is not an outlier.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/14/s...jeff-pash.html

Comment

• So I'm doing mindless internet browsing and I stumble on the Chicago Bears page and someone has listed their owner as Aaron Rodger. lol

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 7.46.55 PM.png
              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Wow, that change has been up since 7AM and no one has tried to change it yet

[EDIT] Actually it looks like someone first changed it yesterday evening, it was reverted back around 3AM, then re-reverted back to Aaron Rodgers just before 7AM.

Comment

• Just leave it. One of the most chad things I've ever seen.

Comment

• Comment

• I'd call last night one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen, and mind you, I'm a Steelers fan. NFL Football, especially Big Ben, is difficult to watch.

Comment

I'd call last night one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen, and mind you, I'm a Steelers fan. NFL Football, especially Big Ben, is difficult to watch.
                        The taunting rule, in general, is so fucking dumb. Last night's takes the cake for worst one yet. And I'm a Packers fan...I love to see CHI struggle but that was a horrible, horrible flag, especially at that point in the game.

Also, they missed a few late hits on Fields, IMO. Have to be more consistent in the highest level of the game.
                        My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post

The taunting rule, in general, is so fucking dumb. Last night's takes the cake for worst one yet. And I'm a Packers fan...I love to see CHI struggle but that was a horrible, horrible flag, especially at that point in the game.

Also, they missed a few late hits on Fields, IMO. Have to be more consistent in the highest level of the game.

I think their product is trash. College football, MLB, NBA and English Premier League are all far superior. I'm really getting bored with the NFL. The games are just extremely difficult to watch.

Comment

• It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• I find it harder and harder to just sit and watch the NFL anymore... it's just not the same game and the product to me is worse for it. I get it if you are a fantasy football guy or just like having the noise on in the background while family/friends are over but to really sit and watch a random NFL game as a fan of the sport?? Man I find that is getting hard. I can watch my Brownies more often than not but even then I don't watch every game. Also,. yes, I feel it is fair to question the league when it comes to night's like Monday and which teams seem to get those calls and which don't... it just doesn't feel legit anymore in a way the other major sports leagues I consider myself a fan of do. Just my two cents...
                              There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                I find it harder and harder to just sit and watch the NFL anymore... it's just not the same game and the product to me is worse for it. I get it if you are a fantasy football guy or just like having the noise on in the background while family/friends are over but to really sit and watch a random NFL game as a fan of the sport?? Man I find that is getting hard. I can watch my Brownies more often than not but even then I don't watch every game. Also,. yes, I feel it is fair to question the league when it comes to night's like Monday and which teams seem to get those calls and which don't... it just doesn't feel legit anymore in a way the other major sports leagues I consider myself a fan of do. Just my two cents...
                                I'm there with you. When it comes to sports and everything else, way better options to spend your free time with. It is a combination of a lot of things, but this new initiative to referee taunting is really coming from a place of misguided motivation from the League. I completely "get" why they're doing it, but I think it's incredibly stupid.

I think the quality of play is suffering because we're still seeing the transitioning of the college game implemented into the NFL, obviously offense in particular. NFL teams are going to have to adjust to the skills of their quarterbacks, and most of these guys have known nothing but being in the shotgun running the spread and the only time they've seen a fullback is on YouTube or NFL Films.

Comment

• I think this hits the nail on the head. "Act like you've been there before" is armchair QB for being uncomfortable.

They have been there before and that's why they celebrate. We haven't been there before and feel they should act a certain way.

In the end, what is this all about and why is the League really doing this?

Comment

I find it harder and harder to just sit and watch the NFL anymore... it's just not the same game and the product to me is worse for it. I get it if you are a fantasy football guy or just like having the noise on in the background while family/friends are over but to really sit and watch a random NFL game as a fan of the sport?? Man I find that is getting hard. I can watch my Brownies more often than not but even then I don't watch every game. Also,. yes, I feel it is fair to question the league when it comes to night's like Monday and which teams seem to get those calls and which don't... it just doesn't feel legit anymore in a way the other major sports leagues I consider myself a fan of do. Just my two cents...
                                    It pains me to admit it, but I agree with you. Very little about the NFL feels genuine any longer. It's like watching a reality show that you know is mostly scripted. It's become more scripted entertainment - a contrived spectacle - than genuine sports. If I wanted this shit I'd watch Roller Derby or WWE.
                                    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

I think this hits the nail on the head. "Act like you've been there before" is armchair QB for being uncomfortable.

They have been there before and that's why they celebrate. We haven't been there before and feel they should act a certain way.

In the end, what is this all about and why is the League really doing this?
                                      There's a HUGE difference between being excited, happy and celebrating a big play, vs showboating and engaging in scripted, choreographed celebrations. There's a HUGE difference between celebrating a big play and taunting. I thought this particular call was wrong, but trying to cut down on showboating and unsportsmanlike taunting are OK in my book.
                                      Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

There's a HUGE difference between being excited, happy and celebrating a big play, vs showboating and engaging in scripted, choreographed celebrations. There's a HUGE difference between celebrating a big play and taunting. I thought this particular call was wrong, but trying to cut down on showboating and unsportsmanlike taunting are OK in my book.
                                        Define it clearly, then. The calls this year have been all over the place.

A 300 lbs nose guard grabbing his nuts after a tackle is one thing versus pumping your fist or clapping, which is something else.

This is all just pandering to an audience that the NFL is going to lose eventually anyway. It's the least of their issues. If having everyone act like a Soviet hockey team from the 70s is what they want, believe me I understand, but the audience that is looking for that is shrinking if you know what I mean.

Their Thursday Night product is bad, they've added another game to the schedule, injuries mean practice squad players are on rosters which brings down the quality of play, they have coaches making PR nightmares off the field and.....The Raiders.

Comment

A 300 lbs nose guard grabbing his nuts after a tackle is one thing versus pumping your fist or clapping, which is something else.

This is all just pandering to an audience that the NFL is going to lose eventually anyway. It's the least of their issues. If having everyone act like a Soviet hockey team from the 70s is what they want, believe me I understand, but the audience that is looking for that is shrinking if you know what I mean.

Their Thursday Night product is bad, they've added another game to the schedule, injuries mean practice squad players are on rosters which brings down the quality of play, they have coaches making PR nightmares off the field and.....The Raiders.
                                          As I said in my original post, I disagreed with the call in the Steelers/Bears game. I thought the player's behavior was within the bounds of what's acceptable.

As for defining it clearly, here's what the college rulebook says (the NFL rules are similar, but a bit looser): “Any delayed, excessive, prolonged or choreographed act by which a player (or players) attempts to focus attention upon himself (or themselves).” That's pretty much the definition of showboating or taunting. Players jumping up and down in excitement, jumping on each other, high fiving, and so on is great. Being excited and ecstatic after a big play is great. Taunting the other team, standing over a player and taunting him, grabbing your crotch, making vulgar signs to opposing fans or players, choreographed dance routines and such, etc. is something else.

In college at least, if you taunt an opponent on your way to scoring a TD, the infraction negates the score. In other words, you can't make taunting gestures or run backwards the final few yards or anything else we'd generally deem unsportsmanlike. I like these rules. I don't always like the inconsistent enforcement of them and I realize mistakes are made (guess what, they're made on PI, holding, and other infractions too), but dialing back the unsportsmanlike behavior is a good thing. We teach this to our kids in sports, to win or lose with grace an dignity... no taunting or bad sportsmanship.

Comment

As I said in my original post, I disagreed with the call in the Steelers/Bears game. I thought the player's behavior was within the bounds of what's acceptable.

As for defining it clearly, here's what the college rulebook says (the NFL rules are similar, but a bit looser): “Any delayed, excessive, prolonged or choreographed act by which a player (or players) attempts to focus attention upon himself (or themselves).” That's pretty much the definition of showboating or taunting. Players jumping up and down in excitement, jumping on each other, high fiving, and so on is great. Being excited and ecstatic after a big play is great. Taunting the other team, standing over a player and taunting him, grabbing your crotch, making vulgar signs to opposing fans or players, choreographed dance routines and such, etc. is something else.

In college at least, if you taunt an opponent on your way to scoring a TD, the infraction negates the score. In other words, you can't make taunting gestures or run backwards the final few yards or anything else we'd generally deem unsportsmanlike. I like these rules. I don't always like the inconsistent enforcement of them and I realize mistakes are made (guess what, they're made on PI, holding, and other infractions too), but dialing back the unsportsmanlike behavior is a good thing. We teach this to our kids in sports, to win or lose with grace an dignity... no taunting or bad sportsmanship.
                                            So you thought it was within bounds. Maybe 5 other crews did too, maybe five other crews didn't. So it's basically subjective.

I'm trying to understand the harm of a choreographed dance/celebration by 11 men being paid to play professional sport. It's pearl clutching, faux outrage, but it bothers a core audience of NFL viewers they can't afford to lose right now. Just about all sports viewership is down and has been for the last few years even prior to Covid. Rather than expand their audience, they're trying to hold onto what they already have. It's ultimately up to them.

Their product sucks and if this is what they feel is going to make it better, they wouldn't be the first group of people sitting in a board room to make a decision that pissed into the wind. Nor the last.

Comment

• Interesting experience just now while waiting for a meeting... the receptionist asks if I like football. I tell her I do. She then goes off on how stupid the league is for not kicking ARod out of the league entirely. I then hear a five minute rant on how he is this terrible person in general, his teams carry him and he's not nearly as good as people think, he's arrogant, overrated, has the best teams around him all the time, he's a cheater (how was never really stated), a massively egotistical jerk in general and now obviously a right wing nut job because he won't get the shot. I mean this person was fuming over it all... I think, "Must be a Bears fan or something" and I get curious so I end it all with,... "Out of curiosity who is your team?"
                                              "Bucs" they answer...
                                              "Bucs?, really why??"...
                                              "I root for whoever Tom Brady plays for, he's the greatest ever." Shortly there after I was called into the meeting... what happened in the meeting I do not know as it took some time for my mind to completely unmelt.
                                              Last edited by ACamp1900; 11-11-2021, 11:46 AM.
                                              There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

• Jesus

Comment

Interesting experience just now while waiting for a meeting... the receptionist asks if I like football. I tell her I do. She then goes off on how stupid the league is for not kicking ARod out of the league entirely. I then hear a five minute rant on how he is this terrible person in general, his teams carry him and he's not nearly as good as people think, he's arrogant, overrated, has the best teams around him all the time, he's a cheater (how was never really stated), a massively egotistical jerk in general and now obviously a right wing nut job because he won't get the shot. I mean this person was fuming over it all... I think, "Must be a Bears fan or something" and I get curious so I end it all with,... "Out of curiosity who is your team?"
                                                  "Bucs" they answer...
                                                  "Bucs?, really why??"...
                                                  "I root for whoever Tom Brady plays for, he's the greatest ever." Shortly there after I was called into the meeting... what happened in the meeting I do not know as it took some time for my mind to completely unmelt.
                                                  I thought this was appropriate. No comment, but Ray Lewis, and Ray Rice may have one.

Comment

Who said, "I don't know how to describe porn, but I know it when I see it."? I think that's how you have to handle taunting.

I don't care if 7 or 8 players rush to the other end of the field to pose after an INT or something. If looks stupid as F, but it doesn't effect my viewership.

Interesting that you brought up TNF as I was thinking about the glory days of MNF with Cosell, Dandy Don and Gifford. MNF use to hold America captive back then. Why? Sunday night games weren't happening and they hadn't even thought about Thursday night games back then. The NFL has saturated itself too much at this point. They need to drop TNF.

Comment

Who said, "I don't know how to describe porn, but I know it when I see it."? I think that's how you have to handle taunting.

I don't care if 7 or 8 players rush to the other end of the field to pose after an INT or something. If looks stupid as F, but it doesn't effect my viewership.

Interesting that you brought up TNF as I was thinking about the glory days of MNF with Cosell, Dandy Don and Gifford. MNF use to hold America captive back then. Why? Sunday night games weren't happening and they hadn't even thought about Thursday night games back then. The NFL has saturated itself too much at this point. They need to drop TNF.
                                                      TNF typically terrible after Week One.

Just not a good product. UNC vs Pitt last night was better than any NFL game I'm likely to see this year. So far, it has been.

Comment

• Bought a stock in the Packers this morning. That means I own a share of the entire NFC North by association, right?

Comment

• I have been close to certain since August Rodgers would be in the AFC come 2022. I think it is going to be incredibly likely now more than ever. Just a matter of where.

He's tight with Mike Tomlin, and I think Big Ben needs to hang up his cement pants once and for all.

Comment

I have been close to certain since August Rodgers would be in the AFC come 2022. I think it is going to be incredibly likely now more than ever. Just a matter of where.

He's tight with Mike Tomlin, and I think Big Ben needs to hang up his cement pants once and for all.
                                                            If we still had Vbucks, I'd bet em all that he isn't going anywhere. The pundits have been wrong about all of this, every step of the way.

Every interview he's actually done, especially on the Pat McAfee show, he talks about his desire to retire with the Packers. I think he stepped away last offseason to send a message, it was received, and they're working with him a lot closer now on personnel decisions.

And a friendly reminder that the entire thing started based on a rumor from Adam Schefter, not based on any facts or sources, such as, you know, Aaron Rodgers himself.

Comment

If we still had Vbucks, I'd bet em all that he isn't going anywhere. The pundits have been wrong about all of this, every step of the way.

Every interview he's actually done, especially on the Pat McAfee show, he talks about his desire to retire with the Packers. I think he stepped away last offseason to send a message, it was received, and they're working with him a lot closer now on personnel decisions.

And a friendly reminder that the entire thing started based on a rumor from Adam Schefter, not based on any facts or sources, such as, you know, Aaron Rodgers himself.
                                                              It's still a possibility. He's 37 years old. Brady and Manning both played for second teams. Brees ultimately stayed at the Saints for the remainder of his career.

At his age, that continuity is probably worth more to him that moving on. Stay there and finish it out. I just wonder if someone in the AFC will catch his eye.

Comment

It's still a possibility. He's 37 years old. Brady and Manning both played for second teams. Brees ultimately stayed at the Saints for the remainder of his career.

At his age, that continuity is probably worth more to him that moving on. Stay there and finish it out. I just wonder if someone in the AFC will catch his eye.
                                                                Fair, I mean it's not like I'm in his inner circle haha, but the things he says vs. what was said about him don't exactly jive.

But, the Pack are in a very, very bad spot cap-wise. There's going to be a lot of tough decisions with the expiring contracts this year, and there's no way they keep the core of its players in tact. There is a chance that he says enough is enough and wants to hit the reset button, but those words haven't come from the man himself.

I just hope they can find a way to get it done with him for his second ring, but the NFC is such a coinflip IMO. TB, LAR, AZ and GB are all on the same level, and the playoffs are always a crapshoot anyways.

Comment

Fair, I mean it's not like I'm in his inner circle haha, but the things he says vs. what was said about him don't exactly jive.

But, the Pack are in a very, very bad spot cap-wise. There's going to be a lot of tough decisions with the expiring contracts this year, and there's no way they keep the core of its players in tact. There is a chance that he says enough is enough and wants to hit the reset button, but those words haven't come from the man himself.

I just hope they can find a way to get it done with him for his second ring, but the NFC is such a coinflip IMO. TB, LAR, AZ and GB are all on the same level, and the playoffs are always a crapshoot anyways.
                                                                  Most of these guys and their agents always say "I want to stay here" or "I want to retire here." Of course they're going to say that. You get the fans on your side in the P.R. part of it.

I have always thought he's one of the best ever. I have him right up there with Brady, Manning, Brees, Montana and Young. He played on a Super Bowl winning team (note the wording) earlier in his career and is now known more for his playoff losses than that. The small sample size of games gets you every time now.

If they have home field, they should get to the Super Bowl.

Comment

Most of these guys and their agents always say "I want to stay here" or "I want to retire here." Of course they're going to say that. You get the fans on your side in the P.R. part of it.

I have always thought he's one of the best ever. I have him right up there with Brady, Manning, Brees, Montana and Young. He played on a Super Bowl winning team (note the wording) earlier in his career and is now known more for his playoff losses than that. The small sample size of games gets you every time now.

If they have home field, they should get to the Super Bowl.

For obvious reasons I hope you're right but that wasn't enough last year as we witnessed geriatric TB12 win his 14th ring, marching right through Green Bay, WI.

I'm teasing with the TB12 jab, honestly what he's been able to do for this long is unbelievable and I respect the hell out of his game. You will never convince me that that man didn't mortgage his soul 4 times over haha
                                                                    Last edited by Some Irish Bloke; 11-17-2021, 11:20 AM.

Comment

[/B]

For obvious reasons I hope you're right but that wasn't enough last year as we witnessed geriatric TB12 win his 14th ring, marching right through Green Bay, WI.

I'm teasing with the TB12 jab, honestly what he's been able to do for this long is unbelievable and I respect the hell out of his game. You will never convince me that that man didn't mortgage his soul 4 times over haha
                                                                      I'm honestly very bored with it all and have to laugh that the League that fears little kids are watching at home while millionaire athletes glare at each other "taunting" is the same one that has partnerships with gambling and alcohol companies. Sure, clutch your pearls and think of the children, because that's not total bullshit we haven't been hearing.

To your point, I think the game needs some new blood at the QB position and for their sake I hope they get it soon. Brady, Rodgers and Big Ben are all still taking their teams to the playoffs year after year. Sooner or later those guys are going to stop playing. That void will need to be filled once they're gone, but like somebody else said earlier in the thread, the games are not fun and mostly unwatchable. I think there are multiple transitions going on at once in the sport at once and it is causing the product to suffer in terms of quality of play and entertainment.

These taunting penalties really turn me off and I don't think it is going to gain them any viewers they feel they may have lost.

Comment

• The Lions coach is not very good.
                                                                        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• That Lions/Bears game was one of the best pro football games I’ve ever seen,……………

Comment

• It gives me so much joy to watch this sociopath suffer, and especially in this instance at the hands of Mike Vrabel.

A few weeks ago there were ND fans that actually considered this asswipe a viable option to replace Brian Kelly. Not only has that ship sailed, it burned and the ashes sunk to the bottom of the ocean. They are now covered in plankton and whale shit.

Comment

It was Potter Stewart who talked about obscenity as follows, in Jacobellis versus Ohio:

he most famous opinion from Jacobellis, however, was Justice Potter Stewart's concurrence, stating that the Constitution protected all obscenity except "hard-core pornography". He wrote, "I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description; and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it, and the motion picture involved in this case is not that."[9]

the exact quote is seldom used even by lawyers.

Most commonly you hear something like "it's like Potter Stewart said about "obscenity" "I know it when I see it."

Your point about saturation is incisive, as Monday Night Football began even before ESPN was invented.

Comment

It gives me so much joy to watch this sociopath suffer, and especially in this instance at the hands of Mike Vrabel.

A few weeks ago there were ND fans that actually considered this asswipe a viable option to replace Brian Kelly. Not only has that ship sailed, it burned and the ashes sunk to the bottom of the ocean. They are now covered in plankton and whale shit.
                                                                                TBH, it doesn't matter what the dude has done in the past, present or will do in the future. As long as he's breathing, there's always going to be some that want him regardless of the odds. He hasn't finished one season yet and Jax fans are ready to get rid of him.

Comment

TBH, it doesn't matter what the dude has done in the past, present or will do in the future. As long as he's breathing, there's always going to be some that want him regardless of the odds. He hasn't finished one season yet and Jax fans are ready to get rid of him.
                                                                                  I have little to no doubt that there is an administration out there, right now, in college football that would still covet him and offer him a job on the spot.

The red flags are there. You probably have to go back to Utah and Bowling Green to find the last fanbase where he was that doesn't think this guy is a total ass.

Comment

• With Urban's comments being made public, it sounds like he's trying to get fired and collect his big payday and go back to broadcasting.

Comment

• Urbs looks miserable coaching on the field. His half-assed fist pumps look slothy.
                                                                                      "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• It would seem to me his firing is inevitable. I'm not sure how he hasn't been fired already.

The clip of the two WR that ran routes where they ended up colliding is all you need to see.

He's blaming everyone else for the failures and not taking responsibility himself. Sign of a truly bad leader.

Comment

• Kinda crazy how some of these very successful college coaches just don't pan out in the NFL. You'd think they could be even moderately fine. Chip Kelly, Saban, Urban, Jim Harbaugh to a lesser extent since he did make it to a SB...but not before ruffling enough feathers he basically lost the locker room and the owners. Maybe he just walked into the right situation for quick success.

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                            Kinda crazy how some of these very successful college coaches just don't pan out in the NFL. You'd think they could be even moderately fine. Chip Kelly, Saban, Urban, Jim Harbaugh to a lesser extent since he did make it to a SB...but not before ruffling enough feathers he basically lost the locker room and the owners. Maybe he just walked into the right situation for quick success.
                                                                                            Harbaugh went 44-19-1 in the NFL and went to three straight NFC Championship Games, winning one of them. He won two NFC West Divisions. I don't know that I'd lump him in there with those other guys. His timing was very good by the time he took the Michigan job. They went 8-8 and by then he'd totally worn his welcome. I'm thinking multiple NFL fanbases would welcome him in 2022, though. (Chicago in particular?)

It really isn't a big list overall and certainly lacks anyone recently who has done it other than Poodle and Harbaugh. Jimmy Johnson, Dick Vermeil maybe? Bill Walsh, Tom Coughlin. Switzer is kind of "eh". Don Coryell won games at both levels and was an innovator.

It's fun watching NFL games with the sound on because it's like watching October baseball. Everyone bashes analytics and blames it for every play call that isn't executed.

Keepin' it real. Real dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                              Kinda crazy how some of these very successful college coaches just don't pan out in the NFL. You'd think they could be even moderately fine. Chip Kelly, Saban, Urban, Jim Harbaugh to a lesser extent since he did make it to a SB...but not before ruffling enough feathers he basically lost the locker room and the owners. Maybe he just walked into the right situation for quick success.
                                                                                              Maybe a key factor is whether they've had any previous NFL experience as an assistant or coordinator (or even as a player). I know we've seen some guys go to the NFL from college and do pretty well, but most who've never experienced the NFL before tend to bomb. It's a very different approach to coaching in many ways. I'm probably biased, but I don't think Saban bombed at Miami. He was about .500 in a rebuilding phase without an NFL caliber QB and was only there two seasons. That's not the 2nd coming of Lombardi, but it's not bombing either.

Comment

• The Chicago Bears need to fire their coach, and the fact that they haven't yet is rather alarming. I know NFL teams generally don't do this before end of season with coaches, but at this point does it really make a difference?

Absolutely horrible.

Comment

The Chicago Bears need to fire their coach, and the fact that they haven't yet is rather alarming. I know NFL teams generally don't do this before end of season with coaches, but at this point does it really make a difference?

Absolutely horrible.
                                                                                                  If Nagy had been fired who would have coached the game? They had multiple coordinators out with COVID I thought

Sent from my U318AA using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe a key factor is whether they've had any previous NFL experience as an assistant or coordinator (or even as a player). I know we've seen some guys go to the NFL from college and do pretty well, but most who've never experienced the NFL before tend to bomb. It's a very different approach to coaching in many ways. I'm probably biased, but I don't think Saban bombed at Miami. He was about .500 in a rebuilding phase without an NFL caliber QB and was only there two seasons. That's not the 2nd coming of Lombardi, but it's not bombing either.
                                                                                                    Yeah, you're biased. lol

He's a "it's my way or the highway" guy and quickly found out you can't be as demanding and controlling with NFL players. To his credit, and unlike Urban Meyer, he quickly realized this and rather than try to force things he made the right decision to move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                                                      If Nagy had been fired who would have coached the game? They had multiple coordinators out with COVID I thought

Sent from my U318AA using Tapatalk
                                                                                                      Anyone but him? He's an idiot.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X