Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
    You think Wentz comes back?
    I think they basically have to bring him back, otherwise they have an absolutely ridiculous amount of dead money.
    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
      Can it be true that Tom Brady is both the goat AND simultaneously also incredibly lucky lol?
      Yes.

I have always felt based on pure talent that Rodgers is the best I have ever seen. His mobility, arm, smarts. Total package. Yet he has as many NFC Championships as Rex Grossman does. Go figure.

The first year of the Brady-Belichick split has me wondering. I have maintained that Belichick was the straw that stirred the drink because they seemed to win more games than they lost whenever Brady wasn't avaiable (the entire Matt Cassel season) albeit a small sample size.

He just keeps going and shows no signs of stopping. Manning is out, Romo is out, Brees is probably out, Big Ben is close. Brady is still rolling along.
      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Brady has had the best career of any quarterback and it's not close. The guy has basically played 2 HOF careers. If you took his first 11 seasons and used that as someone's career, they're a HOFer. The same for his last 10 seasons.

Belichick is 61-72 all time without Brady. He's missed the playoffs 4 times with the Patriots. Three of those coincided with Brady not being the starter. The statistics are undeniable. There's not another quarterback I've ever seen that would have made/won more Super Bowls if you put them in Brady's place, IMO.

All that being said, if I could pick any quarterback all-time to start a team with I don't think I'd take Brady. That is the crazy part. I'd probably go Mahomes, maybe Elway. Possibly Montana.
        "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
          Can it be true that Tom Brady is both the goat AND simultaneously also incredibly lucky lol?

I swear, even when the dude plays poorly, he is blessed by a defense, special teams, or even opposition that makes enough plays (or blows it enough) to get him wins in the most important games.

He didn't play great yesterday! Bad completion percentage and 3 INT's... Gifted a timely touchdown by both a terrible coverage call AND terrible execution by Green Bay... beneficiary of uncharacteristic play from Green Bay's offense at important times... a should've-been-INT that was a big reception instead... a dropped INT late... and defensive holding on an uncatchable ball to clinch the win.

And yet, he just keeps winning football games and slinging the ball better than any 40+ year old dude has any right to. I used to think he had sold his soul to win games for Belichick and the Patriots... but it seems that deal was made independent of Belichick's fate, and just keeps getting sweeter on his end. He's probably in better shape now than when he was drafted. Insane.
          When the Bucs and Chiefs played at the end of November, the Chiefs jumped out to a 17-0 lead. Brady threw three TDs and 2 INTs with a QB rating of 61.4 (season ave 72,6) That was one of four games this year where he has thrown 2 INTs or more. A fourth quarter of 2 TDs for the Bucs made the final score 27-24. That game was where Tyreek Hill caught 13 of 15 targets for 269 yds and 3 TDs. The Bucs have a very good DL. The Chiefs lost their LT Fisher to an Achilles injury in the AFC Championship game, lost their RT Mitchell Schwartz has been out more than half the year with a back injury. Kudos to their OL coach. Someone named Heck.

As far as Brady luck, two years ago the Chiefs would have gone to the Super Bowl, which the Patriots won 13-3, except for Dee Ford lining up offsides negating an interception. He will make the most of opponents mistakes and can engineer drives like the best of them. He just wins. The Bucs rushing attack is near the bottom of the league which highlights how valuable Brady and the passing attack has been to them this year. The Bucs passing defense is fourth from the bottom in comp percent at 69%.
          Last edited by Legacy; 01-25-2021, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• The Chiefs O Line starters have little resemblance to the one on the first day. The Chiefs were not uncomfortable with two Offensive linemen opting out - starting RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif and 2020 OT draftee Lucas Niang. Former All-Pro Kelechi Osemele was signed on a one year deal and won the starting job.

Chiefs Opening Day Depth Chart (SB starters in Bold)
            LT Eric Fisher -- Mike Remmers
            LG Kelechi Osemele -- Nick Allegretti
            C Austin Reiter --Daniel Kilgore
            RG Andrew Wylie -- Yasir Durant
            RT Mitchell Schwartz --Mike Remmers

After five game, Osemele tore tendons in both knees and his season was over. In the six game, All-Pro Mitchell Schwartz suffered a back injury that kept him out for the rest of the year. Pro-Bowl LT Eric Fisher suffered an Achilles injury in the AFC Championship game.

OC Austin Reiter is the only day 1 starter remaining at his position. Mike Remmers who started at RG and then moved to RT after Schwartz's injury will move to LT replacing Fisher. To replace Remmers, Andrew Wylie moves from RG to RT. Stefen Wisniewski, G, played on KC's Super Bowl team last year but signed in 2020 with the Steelers as a free agent. He returned to the Chiefs after Pittsburgh waived him on November 4 when he returned from IR. Wisniewski will start at RG.

Three of the five Chiefs offensive linemen who will start the Super Bowl will be free agents after the game. Like Osemele, many signed one year vet minimum contracts. The five SB starters - Remmers, Allegretti, Reiter, Wylie and Wisniewski - have a total base salary of $5.8 million and a combined Cap hit of $6.239 mill. Fisher's and Schwartz's combined cap hit is $26 mill.

Good article which quotes OL coach Andy Heck.
            Chiefs’ offensive line may be the key to winning Super Bowl LV
            Last edited by Legacy; 02-05-2021, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This ad will not air on Sunday. <br><br>Why was it banned? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheGOATin5G?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#The GOATin5G</a> �� <a href="https://t.co/Vh9eBvVmXU">pic.twitter.com/Vh9eBvVmXU</a></p>&mdash; T-Mobile (@TMobile) <a href="https://twitter.com/TMobile/status/1357680630616576003?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                The Chiefs O Line starters have little resemblance to the one on the first day. The Chiefs were not uncomfortable with two Offensive linemen opting out - starting RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif and 2020 OT draftee Lucas Niang. Former All-Pro Kelechi Osemele was signed on a one year deal and won the starting job.

Chiefs Opening Day Depth Chart (SB starters in Bold)
                LT Eric Fisher -- Mike Remmers
                LG Kelechi Osemele -- Nick Allegretti
                C Austin Reiter --Daniel Kilgore
                RG Andrew Wylie -- Yasir Durant
                RT Mitchell Schwartz --Mike Remmers

After five game, Osemele tore tendons in both knees and his season was over. In the six game, All-Pro Mitchell Schwartz suffered a back injury that kept him out for the rest of the year. Pro-Bowl LT Eric Fisher suffered an Achilles injury in the AFC Championship game.

OC Austin Reiter is the only day 1 starter remaining at his position. Mike Remmers who started at RG and then moved to RT after Schwartz's injury will move to LT replacing Fisher. To replace Remmers, Andrew Wylie moves from RG to RT. Stefen Wisniewski, G, played on KC's Super Bowl team last year but signed in 2020 with the Steelers as a free agent. He returned to the Chiefs after Pittsburgh waived him on November 4 when he returned from IR. Wisniewski will start at RG.

Three of the five Chiefs offensive linemen who will start the Super Bowl will be free agents after the game. Like Osemele, many signed one year vet minimum contracts. The five SB starters - Remmers, Allegretti, Reiter, Wylie and Wisniewski - have a total base salary of $5.8 million and a combined Cap hit of $6.239 mill. Fisher's and Schwartz's combined cap hit is $26 mill.

Good article which quotes OL coach Andy Heck.
                Chiefs’ offensive line may be the key to winning Super Bowl LV
                This was the game. Bowles knew they were vulnerable and game planned to perfection. This will need to be addressed in the offseason with the money they have invested in Mahomes.

I admire the kid. Played his guts out in spite of it all. He had incompletions that were spectacular, which is something you never think you'd fathom to say or type.
                It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                  This was the game. Bowles knew they were vulnerable and game planned to perfection. This will need to be addressed in the offseason with the money they have invested in Mahomes.

I admire the kid. Played his guts out in spite of it all. He had incompletions that were spectacular, which is something you never think you'd fathom to say or type.
                  I think I will forever remember the pass he threw while completely horizontal and diving towards the ground after being chased and avoiding what felt like 5 sacks on the same play... and STILL hit his intended receiver right in the facemask.

Guy seemed to be defying the laws of physics... but Tom Brady is immortal, so there was all kinds of weird juju in Tampa Bay last night lol.

Comment

• Good late first round pick for the Chiefs: Liam Eichenberg.

Just a thought.

Comment

• Pretty good. Plus, a Bennett Jackson sighting!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NFL player intros but they were shot by famous movie directors. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LSSCSuperBowlSpecial?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5E tfw">#LSSCSuperBowlSpecial</a> <a href="https://t.co/tM8N29wHOE">pic.twitter.com/tM8N29wHOE</a></p>&mdash; A Late Show (@colbertlateshow) <a href="https://twitter.com/colbertlateshow/status/1358647194153287685?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• TB has an excellent DL and KC's makeshift OL just could not hold up. They did not have to blitz. I would look at Eichenberg will their first round pick. Maybe Leatherwood or Cosmi.

Three of the OL starters - Remmers, Wylie and Wisniewski - are FAs. With the achilles injury, Fisher LOT may not be back for the start of the season. Schwartz, RT has the back issues. Both are FAs in 2022. Schwartz is a possible retirement. Only Reiter and Allegretti of those starters return. Hainsey with a move to G would be a good late round pick.

Comment

• Golden Tate got his wish and was released by the Giants today.

Comment

• DeShaun Watson may have played his last down in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                              DeShaun Watson may have played his last down in the NFL.
                              Yeah, not looking good. Crazy stuff.
                              My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Will Fuller to Miami on a one year deal seems crazy to me. He seems too talented for a one year, prove it type of deal but I suppose he has a checkered injury history and is coming of the PED suspension.

Hope he balls out with Tua and gets a lucrative long-term deal next year.
                                My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post

Yeah, not looking good. Crazy stuff.
                                  Could have 9 separate actions filed against him.

Comment

• What the hell are the Bears doing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Could have 9 separate actions filed against him.
                                      As long as he plays the democrat card like Cuomo he'll be good lol.
                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

What the hell are the Bears doing?
                                        They are being the bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post

Getting worse for Watson. Lawsuits are up to 12 or 13 now. I'm beginning to think Watson's career could be over. Same attorney representing all of the women. This will allow him to establish a pattern of behavior with Watson. He's waiting to get all of the ducks in a row, then he's going to turn it over to the police. This should force the police to investigate and prevent any coverup on Watson's behalf.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post

Cuomo and Watson combined not at 26 yet.

Watson expressed he was unhappy at Houston and now this barrage of allegations comes out. Rough times for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blazers46 View Post

They are being the bears.
                                              This looks like something different. And worse.

Comment

Cuomo and Watson combined not at 26 yet.

Watson expressed he was unhappy at Houston and now this barrage of allegations comes out. Rough times for him.
                                                Can't can't remember the number, but it's supposed to grow some more for Watson. He's rivaling Bill Cosby. He's really going to be unhappy in Houston. I can't think of any team that would want to take the PR hit by bringing him on if he's lucky enough not to get booted by the league,

Comment

Can't can't remember the number, but it's supposed to grow some more for Watson. He's rivaling Bill Cosby. He's really going to be unhappy in Houston. I can't think of any team that would want to take the PR hit by bringing him on if he's lucky enough not to get booted by the league,
                                                  There is one particular woman whose allegation is going to be VERY damaging to him and it will be difficult for him to refute.

Sooner or later, dudes need to just keep their damn hands to themselves. I don't care who you are. The fame, money, political clout just give these assholes a sense of entitlement.

Comment

There is one particular woman whose allegation is going to be VERY damaging to him and it will be difficult for him to refute.

Sooner or later, dudes need to just keep their damn hands to themselves. I don't care who you are. The fame, money, political clout just give these assholes a sense of entitlement.
                                                    I mean, just get a fucking bimbo for a GF or something. It's like he had a compulsion for handies from strangers, and even flew in chicks. Just totally idiotic for someone to not think this shit would get out at some point.
                                                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

I mean, just get a fucking bimbo for a GF or something. It's like he had a compulsion for handies from strangers, and even flew in chicks. Just totally idiotic for someone to not think this shit would get out at some point.
                                                      It's not like he couldn't afford a high priced call girl.

Comment

It's not like he couldn't afford a high priced call girl.
                                                        Cheap bimbs are a better value

I mean, it's not like he's an ugly poor guy lol. I guess famous, rich, and just dumb.
                                                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• It's only getting worse for Watson. Article from SI.com says he's been deleting messages and contacting women trying to negotiate a deal. His lawyer is denying this of course. So far 24 women have come forward. 19 or 20 have file suits. I would imagine the others will shortly. You go from being the hottest commodity in the NFL to possibly having played your last game.

According to the lawsuit, after wiping the semen off of her and finishing the session "as quickly as possible," she told Watson to leave.

"After Watson left the house, he sent her a text saying 'Maybe 4:30 pm? At Houstonian. I see you're getting comfortable with certain techniques and areas,' " the lawsuit states. "When Plaintiff declined the massage, Watson texted her incessantly almost every day afterwards asking for a massage. Plaintiff did not respond to his messages. Watson would also call Plaintiff almost three times a day. Plaintiff would not answer his calls. Plaintiff felt violated, disgusted and betrayed."

Comment

• If you're an athlete/celebrity/rich you probably should start carrying a body cam and a stack of consent forms these days. Then don't do stupid shit and jeopardize your future.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                            Working...
                                                            X