Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020-21 NFL Season

Chiefs lock up Patrick Mahomes through 2031 with massive extension

The Chiefs and Super Bowl MVP quarterback Patrick Mahomes have reached agreement on a 10-year contract extension that ties him to Kansas City through the 2031 season, the team announced Monday.

League sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the deal is worth $450 million over the 10-year period and could be worth up to $503 million. The extension includes a $140 million injury guarantee, as well as a no-trade clause.
    MAHOMES: “Chiefs Kingdom, you’ve been with me since the beginning, from rookie year, to becoming a starter, to the unconventional, to doing whatever it takes to win, to showdowns. You helped me come back from injury, you helped us come back from deficits, multiple deficits. You helped us overcome adversity to become Super Bowl champions, and we’re staying together for a long time. We’re chasing a dynasty.”
    Last edited by Legacy; 07-07-2020, 03:04 AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
      Chiefs lock up Patrick Mahomes through 2031 with massive extension

MAHOMES: “Chiefs Kingdom, you’ve been with me since the beginning, from rookie year, to becoming a starter, to the unconventional, to doing whatever it takes to win, to showdowns. You helped me come back from injury, you helped us come back from deficits, multiple deficits. You helped us overcome adversity to become Super Bowl champions, and we’re staying together for a long time. We’re chasing a dynasty.”
      One thing we all know is this contract is going to be a failure.
      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
        One thing we all know is this contract is going to be a failure.
        If he stays healthy, why? As long as Andy Reid is coach there that offense will be humming regardless of his weapons or line. And what are we calling failure? No Super Bowls? Only one? I’d argue one more super bowl is worth it.

Comment

One the likely hood he stays healthy is incredibly doubtful. Two they won’t be able to pay multiple big stars to make the team better. He is a good QB but he has proven to be worth the best contract in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
            If he stays healthy, why? As long as Andy Reid is coach there that offense will be humming regardless of his weapons or line. And what are we calling failure? No Super Bowls? Only one? I’d argue one more super bowl is worth it.
            Not sure I agree 100%, there is certainly risk to this contract. Take GB and Aaron Rodgers; they spent a TON of money (especially at the time) on #12 and have to be very frugal in FA every off-season as a result. Have to rely way more on the draft year in and year out, have to be highly selective at retaining your studs after their rookie contracts when they know they can get big $$$ on the market, etc.

There was once upon a time when AR looked like he was unstoppable regardless of who his weapons were. One SB (ten years ago!) later to show for it, and I think you can say the Packers wasted that talent, and a lot of it had more to do with the front office than #12.

All that said, I do truly believe that Mahomes has already surpassed Rodgers, even in his prime. Not necessarily by much, but his peak-ceiling is already looking much higher than Aaron's ever was.
            My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

If I had to bet between KC regretting this contract or sleeping very well with it in ~8 years I’d bet they’ll regret it. You have to figure it’ll be hard to keep any key vets in place or add many impact FAs over the course of things. Who knows tho, maybe a new CBA will make it not even matter as much,.. hard to tell. These mega contracts tend to not work as well in the more team oriented sports however.
              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

2020-21 NFL Season

There was an article I read earlier today about how hard it is for a team to win it all again after the QB gets paid his due.

Steve Young was the highest paid QB to ever win a SB, at 13.1% of his teams cap. Mahomes will come in over 20%.

Dont care. IMO hes worth it.

*the average cap space eaten by a SB winning QB is 6.4%

Last edited by IrishSteelhead; 07-07-2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
                  There was an article I read earlier today about how hard it is for a team to win it all again after the QB gets paid his due.

Steve Young was the highest paid QB to ever win a SB, at 13.1% of his teams cap. Mahomes will come in over 20%.

Dont care. IMO hes worth it.

*the average cap space eaten by a SB winning QB is 6.4%

I thought Mahomes was locked in at roughly 15% of the cap
                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                    I thought Mahomes was locked in at roughly 15% of the cap

Depends. What is his true hit for the year? I just went by the 45.

Comment

The length of the contract makes it a dicey bet already, but as pointed out already, it's going to be tough to retain your best players. Drafting late every year, your GM needs to nail a couple of surprises every couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                        The length of the contract makes it a dicey bet already, but as pointed out already, it's going to be tough to retain your best players. Drafting late every year, your GM needs to nail a couple of surprises every couple of years.
                        Yup. The GM is going to be key for this team. Good drafting, smart FA pick ups.
                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

By year 5 Mahommes contract could be surpassed by other QB signings and be seen as a good deal for the Chiefs.

Comment

Mahomes will get better. He's only played two years (31 games).

Explaining the details of the Patrick Mahomes extension
                            The Chiefs quarterback’s new contract is not only unprecedented in its size and length, but also in its structure.
                            Last edited by Legacy; 07-08-2020, 02:14 AM.

Comment

The deadline for players and franchise-tagged players and teams to reach a deal passed.

Here's the full list of players who will spend 2020 under the franchise tag in 2020:
                              - Dak Prescott - Dallas
                              - AJ Green - Cincinnati
                              - Hunter Henry - LA Chargers
                              - Brandon Scherff - Washington
                              - Joe Thuney - New England
                              - Matt Judon - Baltimore
                              - Yannick Ngakoue - Jacksonville
                              - Leonard Williams - NY Giants
                              - Bud Dupree - Pittsburgh
                              - Shaq Barrett - Tampa Bay
                              - Justin Simmons - Denver
                              - Anthony Harris - Minnesota

Two franchise-tagged players reached deals with their teams just before the deadline

The KC Chiefs reached a deal with Chris Jones, DT, to 4-year extension worth $85M. Chris Jones base average per year will be $20M, $37M guaranteed at signing, $60M in guaranteed money upon injury with $5M incentives.

The Tenn Titans signed Derrick Henry, RB to a four year contract worth $50 million with $25.5 million guaranteed on his new deal.

Also, the Cleveland Browns signed Myles Garrett to a five-year contract extension through 2026 worth $125 million and his new-money average of $25 million a year is the highest for a non-QB. Garrett was not franchise-tagged since he had two years remaining on his rookie contract.

2020 NFL Extensions
                              Last edited by Legacy; 07-16-2020, 12:25 AM.

Comment

The Packers have announced no fans at training camp or preseason games.
                                Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                  The Packers have announced no fans at training camp or preseason games.
                                  I'm thinking most teams will end up doing this. At least the camp part.

Comment

So we just gonna ignore that Washington has a massive scandal about to be dropped on Dan Snyder and the team?

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This will be a story about how the front office for the past 10 years has hidden and protected men in the building against sexual assault and harassment allegations and legal action. Look at recent firings and retirings if you need specific names, but they&#39;ll be out soon (cont)</p>&mdash; Harrison Weinhold (@RadioHarrison) <a href="https://twitter.com/RadioHarrison/status/1283609989169512449?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 16, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Redskins front office been doing a Fox News behind the scenes
                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

Interesting how different all the sources are on this. Some of what I'm hearing is off field assault stuff, but I'm also seeing things that Redskins ownership has been paying refs.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Their Radio guy retired this week, there must be dirt on him also
                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                            Interesting how different all the sources are on this. Some of what I'm hearing is off field assault stuff, but I'm also seeing things that Redskins ownership has been paying refs.
                                            Supposedly other teams too.

Also read that Gruden wasn't playing Bibbs the game Alex Smith broke his leg because he found out they were sleeping with same woman. Bibbs backup missed the block that hurt Alex
                                            Prehistoric

Comment

Supposedly other teams too.

Also read that Gruden wasn't playing Bibbs the game Alex Smith broke his leg because he found out they were sleeping with same woman. Bibbs backup missed the block that hurt Alex
                                              Yeah, I heard that too. That's gets a bit of a "meh" from me compared to the other allegations. It's unfortunate for Smith, and obviously the surrounding circumstances are scandalous, but players get benched all the time for dumb stuff and you trust that the 2nd stringer can do a competent job. It's hard to seriously draw a direct correlation between a 2nd stringer coming in on a play and a QB being horribly injured.

Comment

Yeah, I heard that too. That's gets a bit of a "meh" from me compared to the other allegations. It's unfortunate for Smith, and obviously the surrounding circumstances are scandalous, but players get benched all the time for dumb stuff and you trust that the 2nd stringer can do a competent job. It's hard to seriously draw a direct correlation between a 2nd stringer coming in on a play and a QB being horribly injured.
                                                I didn't mean to imply it as serious allegation just crazy how life decisions play out.

Some of the cheerleader stuff I've read would be very serious, however in the #metoo world it seems this all would've came out already
                                                Prehistoric

Comment

so NFL is botching the hopes for a season and def does look like things will be starting on time.

Two teams were supposed to report to camp today I believe with the rest next monday and the league doesnt even have a agreed upon testing protocol.
                                                  Prehistoric

Comment

antonio brown retiring again lol
                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Chiefs RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif first to opt out of NFL season

He went to medical school in the offseason for years.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, M.D.: How the Chiefs Guard Earned His Medical Degree While Protecting His QB

Comment

The NFL front office is flaming dumpster fire right now. With the new black anthem and now they are going to let players put names on the back of the helmet of “injustice”.

Last year Dallas wanted to support the Dallas police Dept after they had multiple officers killed and were told no. Multiple players wanted to wear 9/11 cleats and were told they would be fined. Numerous players have worn cleats I. Support of certain things and were fined. A study shows that the nfl in 2019 is 70% black. So it’s clear all the money from play and endorsements that they are clearly no oppressed. And how many of those players help their own cities? The nfl needs more Warrick Dunn’s. Oh and Dree Bree’s that has done nothing but help that shot hole New Orleans only to get bashed.

I hope our irish player have a good seasons individually but over all I hope the nfl has a terrible and has to make dramatic changes that cost them hundreds of millions of dollars.

Comment

Did we ever talk about how a surprising amount of NFL players appear to be anti-semites?

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                            Did we ever talk about how a surprising amount of NFL players appear to be anti-semites?
                                                            no but it sounds like you want to
                                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                              no but it sounds like you want to
                                                              I found it very surprising and disappointing. I knew Louis Farrakhan is more popular amongst African Americans, but not to that extent.

Comment

i think 6 other players have followed immediately after the Marlins outbreak in MLB.
                                                                Prehistoric

Comment

i think 6 other players have followed immediately after the Marlins outbreak in MLB.
                                                                  4 players on NE alone, they are tanking for Trevor Lawrence fo sho
                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                    I found it very surprising and disappointing. I knew Louis Farrakhan is more popular amongst African Americans, but not to that extent.
                                                                    context?
                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                      context?
                                                                      Edit: this was a couple weeks back, I just brought it up today because I'm surprised nobody even mentioned it in this thread. It's not like a lot happened in here lol

I find it a bit surprising you didn't hear about this but it didn't get nearly enough headlines imo so...

Desean Jackson shared what he thought to be a Hitler quote (it was fake).

He got support from a shocking amount of NFL and NBA players, including Stephen Jackson and Malcolm Jenkins, who have been quite vocal about the BLM movement. DJax later walked back and apologized for his comments, but uhhhh it struck me as very telling that quite a few black athletes apparently are anti-semites. Below is a video from an ex-NFL o lineman who does a good job with what happened.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K_cRUu_elzA?start=42" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                                      Last edited by zelezo vlk; 07-28-2020, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Charlie Heck comes from solid NFL stock

Growing up in Missouri, Charlie Heck didn’t have to look outside his house to learn the fundamentals of blocking.

The imposing Texans rookie offensive tackle gleaned knowledge at the dinner table and in the backyard from his father: Kansas City Chiefs offensive line coach Andy Heck, a former starting NFL offensive lineman and first-round draft pick from Notre Dame.

Charlie, a 6-foot-8, 311-pound swing tackle, was drafted by the Texans in the fourth round after a trade with the Los Angeles Rams. Now, the former North Carolina tackle is determined to apply what he’s been taught in the NFL from his father who earned a Super Bowl ring last season with the Chiefs as his linemen were bodyguards for Pro Bowl quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

“It’s been a dream of mine since I can remember, going with my dad to football games,” Charlie said. “To play for a team like the Texans, I’m still speechless right now. Football has been in my family a long time. It’s kind of been in my blood growing up. (cont)
                                                                        Dad says:
                                                                        “I really do think his best ball is ahead of him,” his father said. “I’m excited for him. I think he’s going to develop really into a fine NFL offensive tackle. I’ve known all along that’s what he’s wanted. One of the things that was going on in the background is, of course, I’m evaluating offensive line and guys for the Chiefs.

“I’m aware of Charlie and I’m grading him, and as a dad, I’m like, ‘Man, we should pick this guy in the first round.’ I was trying to be realistic about that. Just imagine Charlie being here, the stress that would put on his mom. So, I wasn’t pushing hard for that at all’
                                                                        and,
                                                                        “I’m really excited that he’s heading to Houston,” Andy said. “It will be fun. It sure feels like we play Houston every year and we’ve got some great battles between Houston and Kansas City going on, so it will be fun to compete against him.

“I’m so proud of Charlie. I’ve watched his development. He’s turned into this monster. He’s going to develop into a fine NFL offensive tackle”

If Charlie doesn't make the 55 man roster for the Texans, do you think the Chiefs sign him?
                                                                        Last edited by Legacy; 08-03-2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

With eight of their players opting out of the season, the Patriots have gone from one of the tightest cap spaces ($700k) after the draft to the second most cap space in the NFL.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

https://nesn.com/2020/08/why-patriot...er%20The%20Cap.

Comment

so with all the "boycotting" of playing games, how likely is everyone thinking we will see a NFL game boycotted or canceled this season?

I am thinking very likely. This all started in the NFL and they most certainly will continue it.
                                                                            Prehistoric

Comment

• #39
                                                                              so with all the "boycotting" of playing games, how likely is everyone thinking we will see a NFL game boycotted or canceled this season?

I am thinking very likely. This all started in the NFL and they most certainly will continue it.
                                                                              I think that'll be harder in the NFL. The culture is extremely corporate, the teams and coaches have way more pull than the players. Honestly I don't think the initial kneeling wouldve been such a big deal if a basketball player did it first. Popovich would've said something to the press about it, and it wouldve been a curiosity for a week before people moved on and stopped paying attention to it.

We might see some high profile players sit out, but NFL is such a "dog eat dog" organization I just don't see striking taking off. Could be wrong though.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                I think that'll be harder in the NFL. The culture is extremely corporate, the teams and coaches have way more pull than the players. Honestly I don't think the initial kneeling wouldve been such a big deal if a basketball player did it first. Popovich would've said something to the press about it, and it wouldve been a curiosity for a week before people moved on and stopped paying attention to it.

We might see some high profile players sit out, but NFL is such a "dog eat dog" organization I just don't see striking taking off. Could be wrong though.
                                                                                As in most cases its usually the who, i.e. what if its Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, etc. that decides to sit out. you think the Bucs or Chiefs are suddenly going to be like "that's their personal choice but were going to continue to play with Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne"
                                                                                Prehistoric

Comment

• #41

These guys like to be paid. The only way to get paid is to play (as the NBA players quickly found out).
                                                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-not-ruled-out
                                                                                    Prehistoric

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Fuck them. The one thing Covid has proven is we don’t need these over paid players!

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Makes my fantasy draft selection easier in the two spot...

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Sanu released by NE has me scratching my head. They gave up a 2nd for him last year.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...e-mohamed-sanu
                                                                                          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            NFL 20-21

Lol Bengals

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              The Lions are consistently the biggest shitshow in the league.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                The NFL is a joke. I hope they lose 20 billion dollars.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  I don't think I have ever wanted the Saints to win so badly or Tampa to lose so badly before.

Cam Newton got some calls yesterday. Welcome to New England.

Aaron Rodgers...wow.

The Bears QB sucked for three quarters and decided to play well in the fourth quarter. I feel bad for that defense. As good as they are, they can only carry the load for so long before they buckle.
                                                                                                  It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Cowboys got jobbed last night.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X