2021 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
    Only thing gayer than that green suit is the hair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post

I'm not really sure what you were watching. But, Luis Riddick last night was on top of Matt Nagy's finger prints all over the trade to move up and draft Fields before the selection. He mentioned once the trade was announced, before the pick was in, that Nagy loved Watson back in 2017 and Nagy beleives Fields will be as good or better than Watson on the football field.
      I have no idea what stream I was watching, but the ESPN guys were on it and chatting up Mac Jones up until Gooddell stepped up to the podium

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
        I've liked Fields since he was a recruit. There is a toughness there that I really like for the position but I do feel like his numbers back up warranting going after him the way the Bears did. Yes, Ohio State doesn't produce NFL QBs and the Chicago Bears have not developed them, but this move shows they at least might have a shred of self awareness in that room. Pace and Nagy have gotten an opportunity most GMs and HCs don't get. I like the boldness. Maybe it doesn't work, but fuck, no risk it means no biscuit. People were buzzed about the Fields pick at the White Sox game in late April as it happened.

I know there are plenty of contrarions who don't like the move and are predicting it to fail, whether that's the ESPN counterpoint or legit punditry, but I think overall this move was well received and applauded. I was surprised by it and thought it was the wow moment of the draft.

Now I look forward to seeing some Domers come off the board this weekend.
        I don't question Fields toughness or willing to work. He's displayed that. OSU's history with putting QB's in the league isn't any better than ND's, but he very well could be the nut the blind squirrel finds.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
          My biggest red flag for Fields is that the Bears picked him lol. It's a great gamble, way better than Mac Jones that ESPN was trying to push to the Bears the whole time "the pick was in".

Lol at the ESPN talking heads keep talking about "the Bears trading up to get Mac Jones. It's a lot but they're getting their guy." Meanwhile we're watching Mac Jones stare at his phone, and Justin Fields' empty room at his house.
          Friend who is Bears fan and OSU grad was calling for Mac Jones and I said definitely Fields. He just didn't want to see his guy go to the second worse QB burying ground after the Jets.

Not just the pick but classic Bears over paying to move. Not as dumb as the move up for Mitchell but still - NO history of developing QBs and nothing remarkable about the offense that will help a young QB succeed. 20th rated OL in the league for 2020. Who is scared of Allen Robinson, Darnell Mooney, Anthony Miller as a WR crew? Montgomery is serviceable but in no way threatening. Everything about the offense screams mediocre. Lunacy to think that QB is the only problem on that side of the ball. Trade up for Devonte Smith if you want to change your offensive dynamic. Or go OL with #20 and #52 - I like Eich if he there at #52 to move inside and become an elite guard with versatility to RT or even LT in a pinch. Higher ceiling talent is needed across the board on their offense before worrying about a QB. Then again - a mobile QB helps make up for mediocrity everywhere else.

Commentator I heard was dead on - "taking the QB similar to ones they passed on in Mahomes and Watson". Ouch.

Comment

• This is basically why I feel the Bears got a steal. No telling whether he will pan out, but the dude has all the physical tools to be a top pick and it took some strange group think to push him down to 11. The only difference between him and Trey Lance is that Fields actually has a body of work.

It seems like half the picks last night were scouts trying to prove they're smarter than all the other scouts. LB from Kentucky has a good pro day and shoots up from a mid-round pick to a mid 1st. Half the guys picked were opt outs with mediocre film from the prior season but great measurables. Kwity Paye was a total zero at Michigan. I just don't get it. Same thing with Devonta Smith going 10th behind two half-decent corners... like wtf league are you watching where an unproven corner is better than someone who dominated CFB at the level Devonta Smith did.

Comment

• It made for entertaining TV but I'm with ya. I think a lot of folks lost jobs last night.

Comment

• I don’t entirely agree he’d be locked at 2. I also don’t think he goes 11 though.

the Wilson hype train could have derailed being #2 regardless of Fields play due to the Mahomes comp.

Trey Lance was getting hype before the year to go earlier than everyone thinks but probably not enough, so I think Fields not playing might have ultimately led to Fields being the #3 pick I’d guess. A shot at a championship QB opt out would have also drawn criticism would have been the pre-draft knock. The first read knock would have still been there though likely not as strong

Comment

• I'm not saying Fields is a bad pick at 11 - I'm saying there is no reason to believe ANY QB would thrive in the Bears system. Much like Wilson is a guaranteed bust going to the Jets and Burrows likely collects disability checks in the near future.

Comment

• What about this new trend of pairing former teammates? Lawrence + Etienne, Burrows + Chase, Tua + Waddle, Hurts + Smith ... is the "chemistry' really that much of a thing?

Comment

• Report Jets could be taking calls on Pick 34. Hope someone realized there’s a steal sitting on the board still

Comment

• Interesting Urban was just on ESPN. Was describing Etienne as the Percy Harvin blah blah recruiting pitch. Then later was asked about being in the war room and sounds like Etienne was #2 and someone else he said “broke their heart” to see come off the board. If he was eyeing his “Harvin” I’d guess Toney at 20 right? That has to have been it

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
                          Interesting Urban was just on ESPN. Was describing Etienne as the Percy Harvin blah blah recruiting pitch. Then later was asked about being in the war room and sounds like Etienne was #2 and someone else he said “broke their heart” to see come off the board. If he was eyeing his “Harvin” I’d guess Toney at 20 right? That has to have been it
                          I'm mostly confused by Etienne pick. Doesn't seem like a first round NFL guy. Specially considering Jacksonville used an undrafted guy last year who tore shit up.

I get the Steelers grabbing Harris. Hes a big animal who hurdles guys in the open field. He's a 5 tool player.

Would love to see the Steelers grab Eich but doubt he'll be available.

MAGA Mac Jones is either gonna be a God-Emperor or a total bust lol.
                          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Interesting Urban was just on ESPN. Was describing Etienne as the Percy Harvin blah blah recruiting pitch. Then later was asked about being in the war room and sounds like Etienne was #2 and someone else he said “broke their heart” to see come off the board. If he was eyeing his “Harvin” I’d guess Toney at 20 right? That has to have been it
                            I would have guessed Harris since he went right before them.

Comment

• Broncos trade up. Is this JOK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                Broncos trade up. Is this JOK?

Nope Javonte Williams is the pick. And the head scratching slide continues for JOK. Damn

Comment

• How does a safety like Holland get taken over JOK who could hybrid into that spot?

Comment

• Pats just traded into 38. If they don't take JOK here, I'll just stop speculating because it's getting ridiculous.

Comment

• Something must be going on with his medical history because this is a massive slide. He was rated 12th best and hasn't bee taken in the first 40. I hope he makes these teams/GMs rue the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1rish View Post
                                        How does a safety like Holland get taken over JOK who could hybrid into that spot?
                                        IMO Holland is the best safety in the draft. But I hear ya.

I’m wondering if him not running a 40 at the pro day hurt his stock also. Possibly teams might have wanted to verify he is fast enough to play safety also...idk

Comment

• Wow Eich went before JOK. Great for Liam though!

Comment

• Finally a ND player selected. Congratulations Liam! It’s not a bad life to have to live in Miami.

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• Nailed it. People are scared to be wrong on JOK

Comment

• Can't link it from Twitter, but an NFL reporter named Dov Kleiman (he's got 50k followers and is verified) is claiming JOK has a medical issue which is causing his slide. Didn't elaborate though.

Comment

LOL
                                                    Ok so why can’t he play safety if that’s their concerns? And again I’m wondering if not running a 40 at the pro day hurt his stock.

Comment

• I wonder if he knew to expect this.

Comment

Can't link it from Twitter, but an NFL reporter named Dov Kleiman (he's got 50k followers and is verified) is claiming JOK has a medical issue which is causing his slide. Didn't elaborate though.
                                                        I don’t trust anyone who says medical issue without saying the issue. It’s guys trying to guess why a slide happens and hope they look like they were first to report it

Comment

• NFL teams try so fucking hard not to look like idiots in drafts. I have to think at this point teams don't want to be THAT team to take the faller. "All these other teams have passed on him, there's no way we can take him"

Comment

• Aaaand there goes Banks. Who would have thought both OL would go before Wu.

Comment

• Bengals trade back, get a starting OG that might be able to play OT next year, AND they can use their extra fourth-round picks to grab Hainsey and Tremble.

#ChessNotCheckers

Comment

• Congratulations to Aaron Banks! I’m happier than a pig in sh*t to see Banks go to the 49ers!

Comment

NFL teams try so fucking hard not to look like idiots in drafts. I have to think at this point teams don't want to be THAT team to take the faller. "All these other teams have passed on him, there's no way we can take him"
                                                                  NFL has just started copying CFB offenses from the last few years. The DCs haven’t realized they’re going to have to budge soon too. I don’t believe JOK, Simmons, Peppers, Jack etc all these hybrid guys are the problem. Their the solution to problems NFL Ds don’t even realize they have yet.

Comment

• Pick #50 and the NFL.com #8 ranked prospect still on the board....

Comment

• I really like Rondale Moore.... Hopkins, AJ Green, Kirk, Rondale Moore in AZ.

Comment

• FINALLY

Comment

• ACamp just sh*t himself!

Comment

• Am I a Browns fan now?

Comment

• Go Browns. Officially a Browns fan now, fuck it.

Comment

• Browns D is revamped to defend the pass:

DBs + JOK:

JOK
                                                                                Troy Hill (from LA Rams)
                                                                                Denzel Ward
                                                                                Greg Newsome (R1)
                                                                                John Johnson (from LA Rams)
                                                                                Grant Delpit

Plus two bonafide pass rushers? That’s a pass D

Comment

Browns D is revamped to defend the pass:

DBs + JOK:

JOK
                                                                                  Troy Hill (from LA Rams)
                                                                                  Denzel Ward
                                                                                  Greg Newsome (R1)
                                                                                  John Johnson (from LA Rams)
                                                                                  Grant Delpit

Plus two bonafide pass rushers? That’s a pass D
                                                                                  They are going to present a lot of problems for offenses. If the pass rush stays healthy, that's a defense that can compete for a trophy.

Comment

• Pete Werner, Taylor Decker, puke
                                                                                    "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• These are the RBs still available:

Michael Carter (UNC)
                                                                                      Trey Sermon (OSU)
                                                                                      Rhamondre Stevenson (OU)
                                                                                      Chuba Hubbard (Ok St)
                                                                                      Kenneth Gainwell (Memphis)

Insane to use a R1 pick on a RB given the production you can find later. You take Harris I’ll take Sermon later. You take Etienne I’ll take Gainwell later.

Comment

These are the RBs still available:

Michael Carter (UNC)
                                                                                        Trey Sermon (OSU)
                                                                                        Rhamondre Stevenson (OU)
                                                                                        Chuba Hubbard (Ok St)

Insane to use a R1 pick on a RB given the production you can find later. You take Harris I’ll take Sermon later. You take Etienne I’ll take Gainwell later.
                                                                                        Agreed. Now if Harris or Etienne take the league by storm, I'll eat my words but I wouldn't touch a RB in the 1st. It'd have to be an incredible steal to take one in the 2nd.

Comment

These are the RBs still available:

Michael Carter (UNC)
                                                                                          Trey Sermon (OSU)
                                                                                          Rhamondre Stevenson (OU)
                                                                                          Chuba Hubbard (Ok St)

Agreed. Unless you are a bonafide star like a CMC or Gurley doesn’t make any sense to draft an RB in the 1st. Look at where Cook, Kamara, Henry, Jones were drafted.

Comment

• Let’s go brownies!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                                                              Can't believe the Browns didn't pick JOK
                                                                                              Never mind
                                                                                              60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• Love Tremble landing with Carolina. Feel like Rhule likely loved him. JOK slide aside, great Day 2 for ND

Comment

• Am I alone in not knowing Amari Rogers from Clemson is the son of Tee Martin?

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post
                                                                                                    This is another example of how much we over inflate our team's talent. We're not even close to have a roster than can compete with Bama seriously, and why we need to be critical about recruiting and not think every guy is a steal.

On the flip side, BK is doing an outstanding job with "some good talent".

and as day 2 dwindles, take out the absurd 8 by Alabama, Georgia - 6, OSU - 6, ND - 5, Clemson - 4 are the other top producers so far
                                                                                                    Last edited by Dale; 04-30-2021, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Great day for ND indeed. 5 2nd and 3rd rounders is pretty darn good. Very happy for Tremble. Cheering extra hard got that guy.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X