2021 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    Panthers traded Bridgewater to Broncos and will still eat most of his salary.
    He reminds me of a rich man's Brissett.
    Quality backup, a better passer than JB, but still not the starter you want.
    I know some MN fans that were unhappy they didn't keep him, and still would prefer him over Cousins.
    I just don't see it.
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
      It sounds more and more like the Bengals are locked in on Ja’Marr Chase at no. 5.

Rd 1: Chase
      Rd 2: OT
      Rd 3: OG
      Rd 4: EDGE
      Rd 5: Robert Hainsey
      Rd 6: ???
      Rd 7: ???

Hainsey is gonna be a steal for some team that realizes he can plug-and-play anywhere and still operate efficiently with whoever is next to him. I hope it’s the Bengals, and I hope they plug him in at guard and somehow steal three starting OL from the same draft even AFTER passing on Sewell in rd. 1
      Chase: Dude, I was wide open. Why didn't you hit me?
      Burrows: It's hard to see anyone when you're lying on your back.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

He reminds me of a rich man's Brissett.
        Quality backup, a better passer than JB, but still not the starter you want.
        I know some MN fans that were unhappy they didn't keep him, and still would prefer him over Cousins.
        I just don't see it.
        The way he's getting moved around, there are a number of GM's that agree with you. Did the Broncos get him to compete for the starters position or have a fairly decent backup on the roster?

Heard on the radio that there is a distinct possibility that no defensive player gets taken in the top 10 picks. That would be a first.
        Last edited by Irish#1; 04-29-2021, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Who is the one player projected in the top two rounds that everyone is SURE is going to be a bust?

Mine would be Kellen Mond, followed closely by Davis Mills.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
            Who is the one player projected in the top two rounds that everyone is SURE is going to be a bust?

I don't know about a BUST bust, but I can't believe so many people are projecting Kwity Paye so high. I get that he's a crazy physical specimen but his production is so lackluster. Feels like an old school bust, he may be productive but i can't imagine it being worth a top 10ish pick.

Comment

Of the big 5 QBs. I think 2 will have big time careers, 1 will be David Carr, Bridgewater level, and 2 will be busts.

Wilson to me is a bust.

Comment

Oooh this is tough. Mond seems like a good choice.

of the highly touted QB's...hate to say it as a NDSU alum, but I think Trey Lance will bust.

1. Played on an all-star team and still had to win games with his legs. Multiple teams took away a run-first team like NDSU's passing game. He did light up some teams through the air, but had a few serious duds as well.

2. Unlike Wentz, never showed that he could shred higher competition (say what you will about Iowa State several years ago, but every single kid on Wentz's team would have killed for an ISU offer). Hate to hold the level of competition over his head but it would be nice to have seen him play against a team of superior talent in a hostile venue.

Overall, he threw a lot of passes to wide open guys. If nobody is wide open, it seemed like he'd tuck and run. Wentz on the other hand in college was dropping dimes left and right on a far less talented team.

Maybe he ends up being a stud, has a big arm and is apparently bright, but it seems real aggressive to take a chance on an FCS kid with one year of experience in the top 5-10 picks.
                Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

I'd guess it will be Wilson. You play QB for the Jets, you're doomed. Next would be Mac Jones. He was surrounded by so much talent at Bama, he couldn't fail. Third would be Fields. OSU rarely produces a QB that can transition to the pros.

Comment

Heard earlier this morning two teams inquired about trading for Aaron Rogers. Now being reported that Aaron Rogers does not want to return to the Packers. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                      Heard earlier this morning two teams inquired about trading for Aaron Rogers. Now being reported that Aaron Rogers does not want to return to the Packers. WTF?
                      Yeah, this broke and pretty much put the Tim Tebow news on the back burner immediately. Plus it's draft day, so these Rodgers rumors blow everything else out of the water.

I think trading up for Jordan Love last year kinda pissed him off.

I don't think he's going to be traded. NFL players just don't have the trade leverage of their North American counterparts. It's probably easier for an NHL player to be traded if he demands one.
                      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

this is all just a ploy by Rodgers to pressure GB to draft him a weapon in round 1
                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                          this is all just a ploy by Rodgers to pressure GB to draft him a weapon in round 1
                          I am inclined to agree. He's not going anywhere, and they would NEVER trade him.
                          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

I'm all for a complete shit show in Green Bay. Best comment I saw was he wants to be traded to Bucs to back up Brady and win a ring.

Don't forget Green Bay kicked Favre to the curb when he had a lot of good years left in him, however Rodgers is dominant - not just good so would be insane to run him out playing like he is.

Comment

I think Jimmy G would look beautiful in a cheese head...

Comment

Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                I'm all for a complete shit show in Green Bay. Best comment I saw was he wants to be traded to Bucs to back up Brady and win a ring.

Don't forget Green Bay kicked Favre to the curb when he had a lot of good years left in him, however Rodgers is dominant - not just good so would be insane to run him out playing like he is.
                                They traded up to take a QB last year in the 1st rd. That could turn out to be an all-timer in bad decisions.

Comment

Ann Wilson still has a bit of that powerhouse voice. Man could she belt it out back in the day.
                                  I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Armyirish47 View Post
                                    I think Jimmy G would look beautiful in a cheese head...
                                    Well we know he'd have the cheese head on since...well..he is always hurt.
                                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

So, I saw a mock draft where Cowboys went CB, Edge, CB in the first 3 rds. The 3rd rd DB was Paulson Adebo. Id be pretty happy with that if they pick someone other than the edge players in rd 2.

Comment

They need to speed up the first day of the draft

Comment

I never understood why the first team always takes so dang much time with the #1 pick.

Comment

Nothing makes me prouder than seeing everyone boo Goodell every year

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Figures Lawrence would end up in the AFC South. I just want to be rid of him lol

Comment

Such a Jets pick

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                  Such a Jets pick
                                                  I'm anticipating seeing a lot of girls wearing Jets apparel when I get back to school lol.
                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

So I guess Lance is sitting a year behind Jimmy G

Comment

Let's go Trey Lance!!

Comment

I miss our team icons...who is everyone's team and/or who are you watching tonight?

I want to see what Ballard and the Colts do. And I want to see what the Raiders do.
                                                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

I think the Bengals picked well. I'm no Cincy fan, but the dropoff from Chase to the 2nd round guys is bigger than the OTs. Sewell has all the potential in the world, and Slater is good, but Daniel Jeremiah (probably my go-to guy for draft stuff) has had Slater above Sewell for forever. Get a good tackle at the top of 2, and a guard in 3 and you gotta feel great about the Bengals.

Comment

Cowboys here. Expecting Surtain at 10. Maybe a trade out?

Comment

McShay referring to an o-line prospect as "a Quenton Nelson/Zack Martin type of player"
                                                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

How has Devonta Smith not been drafted yet.

Comment

How has Devonta Smith not been drafted yet.
                                                                  People are way overthinking the weight thing, not realizing the Chad Johnson said he played at basically the same weight. And Marvin Harrison played at pretty much the same.

Comment

Both CB’s gone Cowboys trade pick. I like it

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post

People are way overthinking the weight thing, not realizing the Chad Johnson said he played at basically the same weight. And Marvin Harrison played at pretty much the same.
                                                                      Yeah. He's the most natural WR I've seen play college football since Larry Fitzgerald. Absolute can't miss prospect in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post

I agree that the weight thing is overblown. But if people want him to slide until the 21st pick... lol

Comment

If you're the WFT, are you trying to trade up for a QB? I say yes at this point.

Comment

If you're the WFT, are you trying to trade up for a QB? I say yes at this point.
                                                                            Unless you want to tank for next year. Or you think you can be in the Aaron Rodgers sweepstakes lol

Comment

• #88
                                                                              Vikes looking like they are gonna get Kirk's replacement if things keep going here
                                                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• #89

Yeah. He's the most natural WR I've seen play college football since Larry Fitzgerald. Absolute can't miss prospect in my opinion.
                                                                                I don’t get it either. I compared him to Desean Jackson awhile back. He’s about to do it in Philly now too

Comment

• #90
                                                                                  Fields to the Bears, wow. Would not have ever guessed that 4 months ago.

Comment

• #91
                                                                                    Not super excited about that pick. Parsons is a great talent but another LB?

Comment

• #92
                                                                                      Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                      Not super excited about that pick. Parsons is a great talent but another LB?
                                                                                      Well that gives you Vanderesch, Smith, and Parsons since Lee is gone.

Comment

• #93
                                                                                        Mac Jones smiling on the phone with NE up to pick after the Jets...

Comment

• #94
                                                                                          Pats getting Mac Jones LOL... sucks for Jimmy G.

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            JOK to the Raiders maybe?

Comment

• #96
                                                                                              Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

Well that gives you Vanderesch, Smith, and Parsons since Lee is gone.
                                                                                              How often will they play together is my question. 3 LB’s on the field together in the NFL. It probably means they save the money and move/cut Jaylon if he doesn’t play better.

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                                                JOK to the Raiders maybe?
                                                                                                I’d seen that on some mock drafts.

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                  WFT could get JOK here which would somewhat lessen the burn of not getting Jones/Fields/Smith.

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                    These fools are going to regret passing on JOK.

Comment

• People really think JOK is too small to play inside or something?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X