Life after Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://moneymorning.com/2020/02/27/...abis-investor/

I can't stop smiling about this. Great times.
    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

This is a local story and has impacted a very good family from my home town and intertwines NFL and local SC football players.
      Phillip Adams, played football for South Carolina State and the NFL (Raiders others). He lives on a piece of property under Jadaveon Clowney's name near a well know and prominent doctor. I went to school with all of his kids and specifically was very good friends with one of them in both high school and later college. The doctor has stitched me up on many occasions. He was a genuinely good person, his family were every religious, generous, and tightly knit. He specialized in emergency medicine, started multiple emergency clinics, and worked for the ER in local hospital for many years.

Last night him, his wife of 35 years and two grandchildren (9 and 5) + an HVAC repair man were killed in their home by Phillip Adams. One more victim is in critical condition but their ID is unknown. Speculation..... is that the doctor refused to give him more pain medications due to injuries sustained from NFL time and went to their home and shot them. Police found him in his home dead of self inflicted gunshot.

I normally do not ask for this but this family is deserving of all the help they can get. Please put this family in your prayers.
      Doctor Robert Lesslie,
      Barbara Lesslie
      Adah Lesslie
      Noah Lesslie

Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 04-08-2021, 09:19 AM.
      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Terrible story. They give any reason for the killings? You said they were neighbors, correct?
        "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by NDRock View Post
          Terrible story. They give any reason for the killings? You said they were neighbors, correct?
          Yes he lived on the same rural road nearby ( the house is under Jadaveon Clowney's name). Speculation is he was receiving treatment from Doctor Lesslie and was refused any more pain medication due to an NFL related injury. All I know from my friends who live near by and wife of a police officer working the scene.

Comment

Terrible Cacky, so sorry your community is going through this.

These type of stories are becoming more and more frequent it seems with past players. The NFL knows they have a massive problem on their hands and it seems they're just going through the motions to make it seem like they are remedying it.

Comment

This sucks. Im literally watching in real time the agitators going all culture war on this becasue its a black guy killing a white family. Even though its trending on Twitter and already national news Andy Ngo is doing what he does best...

Seems its a CTE/mental health.opiod between doctor and patient issue but the left already "all guns are bad" and the right is already going "where is the outrage????"

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                This sucks. Im literally watching in real time the agitators going all culture war on this becasue its a black guy killing a white family. Even though its trending on Twitter and already national news Andy Ngo is doing what he does best...
                You can't ignore the fact that the left has politicized race also. Now every massacre each side waits to see what race it is to declare it white supremacy or other nuttiness. It is disgusting that identity politics enter into these situations.

The Colorado massacre people instantly blamed a white person and when proven wrong the radical left double down. It is sick.

I am truly sorry that this happened. He seems like an amazing individual.
                Last edited by TNUtoNotreDame; 04-08-2021, 11:43 AM.

Comment

That's too bad. Crazy to see what people with pill problems are willing to do to get more.

As for culture war stuff, its bad but if it was the inverse, a white pillbilly killing a black doctor and his family....I suspect we all know how that would be received by a certain group who spent a lot of time outside last summer.
                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Just found out the the father of the two kids actually worked for my company but left prior to me joining. Crazy.... Sorry yall I knew the doctors kids, my mom did their travel, my family friends live virtually next door. I dont have an outlet for this. Apologies.
                    Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 04-08-2021, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                      Terrible Cacky, so sorry your community is going through this.

These type of stories are becoming more and more frequent it seems with past players. The NFL knows they have a massive problem on their hands and it seems they're just going through the motions to make it seem like they are remedying it.
                      well it "seems like" they are going thru the motions because they are. They aren't going to kill the golden goose, someone else is going to have to do it.

Comment

Legitimately insane. They have no motive?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                          Legitimately insane. They have no motive?
                          Other than the speculation I provided above that s all I have gathered.

Comment

Cack, very sorry to hear of this news. Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, their families, and your community.

Comment

I'm sorry Cack. This is an awful thing. Why would someone need to inflict violence on a family before taking their own life?

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                                I'm sorry Cack. This is an awful thing. Why would someone need to inflict violence on a family before taking their own life?
                                Addiction is a horrible thing... assuming that was the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazers46 View Post

Addiction is a horrible thing... assuming that was the issue.
                                  Addiction mixed with CTE

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                    Just found out the the father of the two kids actually worked for my company but left prior to me joining. Crazy.... Sorry yall I knew the doctors kids, my mom did their travel, my family friends live virtually next door. I dont have an outlet for this. Apologies.
                                    Sorry this has happened to people you care about. This whole area(York County) is pretty much in shock over this. It is obvious the Leslie family means a lot to this community. Very sad situation.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X