Bo Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bo Sox

Long overdue thread. I can't keep reading about NYY updates and not have something to offer on the other end.

Fister got rocked last night. I still like the waiver claim and think he could settle in as the #5 starter.

Sox are one of the hottest teams in baseball heading into the break. Tough series in Tampa starts tonight. Sale goes for #12.

Good idea on the thread. Sox are finally rolling. Their starting pitching has been very solid particularly in recent weeks. Encouraged by Pomeranz's recent performance and Price's as well.

I watched E Rod pitch last week in Portland and he was brutal. He basically threw batting practice. They will need to get him healthy for the second half. He would really help solidify things.

The return of Carson Smith would be a welcome addition to the pen for the second half of the year.

Go Sox!

Comment

Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
      Good idea on the thread. Sox are finally rolling. Their starting pitching has been very solid particularly in recent weeks. Encouraged by Pomeranz's recent performance and Price's as well.

I watched E Rod pitch last week in Portland and he was brutal. He basically threw batting practice. They will need to get him healthy for the second half. He would really help solidify things.

The return of Carson Smith would be a welcome addition to the pen for the second half of the year.

Go Sox!
      Agree on Carson Smith although the bullpen has been surprisingly good this year. Barnes was dreadful last year. Kelly has become a solid setup guy on the back end.

So much young talent in this lineup. Mookie is a top 5 overall player in baseball. I've never seen a better RF defensively. Benny, Mookie, and JBJ make up one of the best young outfields in the game.

Comment

Sorry, pet peeve, but I've always really disliked 'Bo Sox' moniker...carry on
        "Tribal tattoos: Another way to say you will be sent dick pics."
        -rifftrax

Comment

Sale has one bad inning but the Sox bats are dead the last two games. Here's to hoping they don't limp into the break...

Side note: great season so far for TB. So much young and unknown talent always coming through that system.

Comment

Finally some light for the Sox on that Pomeranz deal. He's looked really good the last few weeks including last night. Solid start and a big win for the Sox.

Porcello going tonight. No confidence in this dude. Most undeserving CY Young winner in quite some time. Here's to hoping things get better today against the Rays.

Comment

Porcello had a good year last year, proving the award was not given for lifetime achievement. He has been pitching to contact this season for sure. Let's hope he figures it out starting today.

Agree, they have a great young outfield.

Comment

Porcello had a good year last year, proving the award was not given for lifetime achievement. He has been pitching to contact this season for sure. Let's hope he figures it out starting today.

Agree, they have a great young outfield.
                He did have a good year. IMO, good pitching isn't what the award is about. Having a great year is what the award is about. He benefited from great run support.

Comment

Starting pitching is in good shape, even with losing the past two days. But they need to make the move for a third baseman and can probably get Martin Prado. Moustoukas price will be too high.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishinTN View Post
                    Starting pitching is in good shape, even with losing the past two days. But they need to make the move for a third baseman and can probably get Martin Prado. Moustoukas price will be too high.
                    I agree 100%. Panda was a terrible signing. We need a big bat on the hot corner.

Porcello looked great the other night.

Comment

I think Lin has been playing well at third base since given the opportunity. Not going to hit many homers but certainly gets on base, plays good defense and can run.

It would be nice if Hanley Ramirez could have a big second half...

Starting pitching and closer is fine but middle relief not so much. Matt Barnes needs to pitch better - walks too many people.

Comment

This Boston team is so good at NOT scoring with runners on base. Hanley Rameriez is the best!!

Comment

offense is an issue for sure, from start to finish. Not in overall production, but in consistency.

Comment

Nice to see they DFA'd the Panda. They'll go get a 3rd baseman before the deadline or perhaps through waivers.

On another note, if Sale has a typical outing today the Yanks will be on the ropes for the division. This is a big series for both teams.

Comment

Last nights win was bigger than folks realize. Can't lose these series and just shrug it off with "its early" or "we have time"...blah blah blah. Especially if you're as old as me and remember 1978. OfC 2011 isnt too far behind us either. Its end of the year dumps like that that make every single game now even more important.

Comment

I love the move with Sandoval. Long time coming.

Big weekend here for the Sox to really take a hold of the division. Pomeranz made one real mistake tonight on the hanger to Sanchez. Overall, good outing.

I'm interested to see what they do on the hit corner before the deadline. I don't like Frazier there.

I've said this for awhile and I want to get some opinions here. Betts, JBJ, Benny, and Bogey will all be due some serious cash after their rookie contracts run out. The Sox won't be able to keep all of their young talent. Who do you let walk? I will be in the minority here, but I honestly think Xander Bogaerts is overrated. He fails to produce with guys on base over and over again. Last night, struck out with runners on 1st and 2nd and no out in the 1st. Comes up with the bases loaded and one out, grounds into a double play to end the threat. Reaches on an error in the 9th, but he failed there as well. He ripped a single the other way with nobody on base and 2 outs and that's what most of his .315 average consists of. He's mediocre defensively at SS. I don't dislike him, I just think the other young guys are far more valuable. Thoughts?

Comment

While I hear what you're saying about Bogey (it seems like he fails w guys on base) I thought they said last night that since last August he's hitting .415 w runners on base. Maybe it was even w 2 outs and runners on but whatever it was he leads the majors over that time. They can't afford to let him walk his contract is due in part due to thethe struggle they've had findinfstability at short. My guess is it will be JBj that will be allowed to walk or will be traded. Betts can go back to center and Bennintendi has a lot of time left and is a better hitter than JBj (or will be in time).

Happy Sandoval is gone can't wait to see Devers when he is ready.

Comment

While I hear what you're saying about Bogey (it seems like he fails w guys on base) I thought they said last night that since last August he's hitting .415 w runners on base. Maybe it was even w 2 outs and runners on but whatever it was he leads the majors over that time. They can't afford to let him walk his contract is due in part due to thethe struggle they've had findinfstability at short. My guess is it will be JBj that will be allowed to walk or will be traded. Betts can go back to center and Bennintendi has a lot of time left and is a better hitter than JBj (or will be in time).

Happy Sandoval is gone can't wait to see Devers when he is ready.
                                    JBJ seems to be the consensus pick among my Boston friends as well. I just have a hard time breaking up that outfield.

I'm ready for Sale to really cement himself as a CY Young candidate today.

Comment

Also a Sox fan. Have been since 1967. I remember '78 all too well. Bucky F'in Dent.

I also think JBJ is the choice. With Bennintendi's arm they should consider moving him to RF and growing another good young L fielder who you can teach to play the Monster. If they do move him to RF he should grow a mustache. Dewey Evans is my all time favorite Sox.

Glad to be up on TB and the NY gang but every game is big. Too many late season melt downs I remember all too well over the last 50 years.

Comment

Yeah, JBJ would be the easy choice. But JBJ might not be in that high of demand when his time is up. As mentioned, it will be difficult to keep Bogearts. I don't think the Sox will be able to afford keeping him unless they can buy Price out and dump that shitty, overblown contract. Price is ok, but he is being paid WAY too much. That's the kind of money they can use to keep Sale around and still maybe keep Bogearts.

Comment

Not a high demand for JBJ? He's a top 5 CF defensively, while batting .280 with 12 bombs at the break. What's not to like?

Comment

F! I wanted Kimbrel to close this out. Sale was dominant.

Comment

What a pitching duel. Sale was sensational.

Comment

Don't know why they took Sail out. To lose the game I guess...idiot coach.

We might be the worst hitting in the league.

Comment

Bunt...

Comment

farrel always it like he has a good hitting team. BUNT....

Comment

Great defensive game. Pitching has been on point, both sides.

Comment

We should have won that game 4 or 5 times....bunt the fucking ball, play the game.

We hit like shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                                                          Bunt...
                                                          First and second and nobody out...WTF Farrell?

Comment

With as bad as the offense has been coming out of the break, I'll take a split with the Yankees.

Great pitching by Price and Sale this weekend. Price is so important to a run in October. Porcello has proven he's the 4th or even the 5th option if E-Rod can get healthy.

JBJ, just wow. What an amazing play last night.

The Sox have got to do something at the deadline for a bat with some power at the corner. This offense is hard to watch at times.

Bring on the Blue Jays.

Comment

Putrid offense since the break continues.

KRod looked rusty in his return. Have to start hitting the ball. The pitching is there.

Comment

More offense needed if we're going to contend in October. Bogaerts needs to play well for us to be serious contenders
                                                                Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                  More offense needed if we're going to contend in October. Bogaerts needs to play well for us to be serious contenders
                                                                  No power at the heart of our offense. I love Pedroia but he's not a power hitter. X has never proven to be a consistent power hitter, this year included.

Comment

Looks like the Yankees are making the deal for Frazier and Robertson. I'm more disappointed in them getting Robertson than losing out on Frazier. They can have Frazier and his .200 average. Robertson is a stud and will make up for Clippard and his terrible year. Tough break.

This offense continues to struggle. Very difficult to win games when you're not scoring runs.

Comment

They need to bring in a bat that can play 3rd. This team will not go deep in playoffs as currently constituted. The Yankee move is a shot across the bow. I wouldn't be surprised if they strike again w a Sonny Gray or SP of that ilk. Sox need to wake the F up.

Comment

They need to bring in a bat that can play 3rd. This team will not go deep in playoffs as currently constituted. The Yankee move is a shot across the bow. I wouldn't be surprised if they strike again w a Sonny Gray or SP of that ilk. Sox need to wake the F up.
                                                                        There just aren't a lot of 3rd base options

Comment

Just bring Devers up now....learn on the job...how much worse can it be?
                                                                          -rifftrax

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbles View Post
                                                                            Just bring Devers up now....learn on the job...how much worse can it be?
                                                                            I'm not far from this thinking as well. I do like Brock Holt a lot and I'm hoping he finds his footing after missing so much time.

Royals are fading fast and I'm hoping they become sellers on the hot corner. That's my #1

Comment

• #39
                                                                              The Royals are sellers but they'll as way too much for Moustakas. The Sox would have to give Devers and who knows what else to get him.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Devers called up for Tuesday start in Seattle.
                                                                                -rifftrax

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I like the Devers call up. It's time.

This offense will be the reason they lose the AL East lead and get bounced in the wild card game.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by IrishinTN View Post
                                                                                    The Royals are sellers but they'll as way too much for Moustakas. The Sox would have to give Devers and who knows what else to get him.
                                                                                    The royals would want highway robbery for Moustakas

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Is Doug Fister the worse pitcher in baseball. He has to be up there.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Is Doug Fister the worse pitcher in baseball. He has to be up there.
                                                                                        Fister is really struggling. I think if the Sox are able to grab a bullpen arm at the deadline, Dougie might be moving on.

I love the Nunez pick up at 3rd. 4th highest batting average in the majors since June 1st. We need some bats in a bad way.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Fister is definitely not the answer. Hopefully Rodriguez can stay healthy. A Sale, Price, Porcello, Pomeranz and Rodriguez rotation should be plenty to win ball games. Now they need to get a bat.

The Nunez deal helps the sox. He has a good bat and should fare well in Fenway. Him with Devers spelling him should be a nice result for the Sox.

They still need a bullpen arm and a power stick. How they'll pick those up, though, with their depleted minor leagues is a mystery. Unless they start offering Benintendi, Bradley Jr. or Bogaerts or one of their young studs. Dont see them trading Betts though.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Today is a big start for Sale, especially with NY playing better and TB has won their last two. We need to flip this 4 game losing streak and get back to Boston...Sale is the man to do just that.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Devers - first hit, a bomb...oppo/center blast to boot.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Devers!!! You stud, you!

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Anybody remember the last time Mitch Moreland got a hit? Me neither...

Bogarts hasn't been much better.

Bases loaded, nobody out...can't score, again.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Anybody remember the last time Mitch Moreland got a hit? Me neither...

Bogarts hasn't been much better.

Bases loaded, nobody out...can't score, again.
                                                                                                    Bogarts doesn't move the needle for me. Never has.

Moreland is hurt and needs rehab in AAA. Unfortunately, there's nobody to take his spot.

They need to make moves at the deadline.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X