X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NFL Draft

2017 NFL Draft = Old and Busted
    2018 NFL Draft = New Hotness

Location: TBD (14 cities bidding, Dallas and Philly favorites at the moment)
    Dates: 26 - 28 APR 18

Picks that have already been moved (source: Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_NFL_Draft)

Round 1
    Houston → Cleveland (PD). Houston traded their first-round selection in 2018 and their first-round selection in 2017 (25th) to Cleveland in exchange for Cleveland's first-round selection in 2017 (12th).
    Chiefs → Bills (PD). Kansas City traded their first-round selection in 2018 as well as their first- and third-round selections in 2017 (27th and 91st) to Buffalo in exchange for Buffalo's first-round selection in 2017

Round 2
    Houston → Cleveland (PD). Houston traded their second-round selection, their sixth-round selection in 2017 (188th), and quarterback Brock Osweiler to Cleveland in exchange for Cleveland's fourth-round selection in 2017 (142nd).
    Philadelphia → Cleveland (PD). Philadelphia traded their second-round selection in 2018, as well as a first-, third-, and fourth-round selections in 2016 (8th, 77th, and 100th) and their first-round selection in 2017 to Cleveland in exchange for Cleveland's first-round selection in 2016 (2nd) and a fourth-round selection in 2017.
    New Orleans → San Francisco (PD). New Orleans traded their second-round selection in 2018, as well as a seventh-round selection in 2017 (229th) to San Francisco in exchange for San Francisco's third-round selection in 2017 (67th).

Round 3
    Chicago → San Francisco (PD). Chicago traded their third-round selection in 2018, as well as their first-, third-, and fourth-round selections in 2017 (3rd, 67th, and 111th) to San Francisco in exchange for San Francisco's first-round selection in 2017 (2nd).

Round 4
    Carolina → Cleveland (PD). Carolina traded their fourth-round selection in 2018 and punter Kasey Redfern to Cleveland in exchange for punter Andy Lee and Cleveland's seventh-round selection in 2017.
    Minnesota → Philadelphia (PD). Minnesota traded their fourth-round selection in 2018, as well as a their first-round selection in 2017 to Philadelphia in exchange for quarterback Sam Bradford.
    Arizona → Chicago (PD). Arizona traded their fourth-round selection in 2018, as well as their second-, fourth-, and sixth-round selections in 2017 (45th, 119th, 197th) to Chicago in exchange for Chicago's second-round selection in 2017 (36th).
    San Francisco → Denver (PD). San Francisco traded their fourth-round selection to Denver in exchange for running back Kapri Bibbs and their fifth-round selection in 2017 (177th).

Round 5
    Oakland → Seattle (PD). Oakland traded their fifth-round selection in 2018 to Seattle in exchange for running back Marshawn Lynch and Seattle's sixth-round selection.

Round 6
    Pittsburgh → Cleveland (PD). Pittsburgh traded their sixth-round selection in 2018 to Cleveland in exchange for cornerback Justin Gilbert.
    Seattle → Oakland (PD). Seattle traded their sixth-round selection in 2018 and running back Marshawn Lynch to Oakland in exchange for their fifth-round pick.

Round 7
    Kansas City → San Francisco (PD). Kansas City traded their seventh-round selection in 2018 to San Francisco in exchange for cornerback Kenneth Acker.
    Jacksonville → Miami (PD). Jacksonville traded their seventh-round selection in 2018 to Miami in exchange for offensive tackle Brandon Albert.
    Tampa Bay Buccaners → Miami (D). Tampa Bay Buccaners traded their seventh-round selection in 2018 and the 237th pick in the 2017 draft for the Miami Dolphins' 223rd pick in 2017 NFL Draft.

Conditional/undetermined
    Arizona → Kansas City (PD). Chicago Bears via Arizona traded an undisclosed draft pick to Kansas City in exchange for cornerback Marcus Cooper.
    Baltimore → Los Angeles Rams (PD). Baltimore traded a conditional seventh-round selection to the Rams in exchange for wide receiver Chris Givens
    Buffalo → Green Bay (PD). Jacksonville Jaguars via Buffalo traded a conditional seventh-round selection to Green Bay in exchange for linebacker Lerentee McCray.
    Cincinnati → Jacksonville (PD). Cincinnati traded a conditional selection to Jacksonville in exchange for defensive end Chris Smith.
    New England → New Orleans (PD). New England traded a conditional seventh-round selection to New Orleans in exchange for kick returner Jalen Saunders.
    New England → Philadelphia (PD). New England traded a conditional fourth-round selection to Philadelphia in exchange for cornerback Eric Rowe. The fourth-round selection can become a third-round selection based on Rowe's playing time in 2016 and 2017.

Teams that added the most draft capital going into 2018: (Free ESPN Article)
    Teams that added the most future NFL draft capital

1. Cleveland
    2. 49ers
    3. Buffalo
    4. Chicago
    5. Jets
    6. Dolphins

Way too early mock drafts for funnsies - wave 1:

CBSSPORTS Way-too-early 2018 NFL Mock Draft: In loaded QB draft, top passers go 1-2-3 - CBSSports.com

10. Mike McGlinchey - Jags
    25. Q. Nelson - Packers

BLEACHER REPORT 2018 NFL Mock Draft: Matt Miller's Way-Too-Early Predictions | Bleacher Report

13. Mike McGlinchey - Dolphins
    26. Q. Nelson - Falcons

WALTER FOOTBALL 2018 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com

7. Mike McGlinchey - Bengals
    18. Q. Nelson - Giants

Man, how high do Saquon Barkley and Derrius Guice go?

Comment

Next year's draft should be tons of fan for we Brownie fans....
      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

If ever the Browns have a chance to turn things around, the time is now. They have enough draft picks stockpiled to address positional issues. They need to find a good-doesn't have to be great- QB and hit on some of these picks. I hope they can pull it off.... if only for my little buddy ACamp's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by T Town Tommy View Post
          If ever the Browns have a chance to turn things around, the time is now. They have enough draft picks stockpiled to address positional issues. They need to find a good-doesn't have to be great- QB and hit on some of these picks. I hope they can pull it off.... if only for my little buddy ACamp's sake.
          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

5 selections in the first 2 rounds is really nice. They need to keep them and not bunch them together to make a move up. They need to simply draft best available player and they will look like a completely different franchise in 2018.

If they have the discipline to sit Kizer this year and let him learn, even better. They can grab some offensive weapons and bolster their line while snagging some additional defensive players.

It'll be a lot of fun to watch how this unfolds.

(and those Texans picks in the 1st and 2nd should be mid round) There is no way Deshaun Watson leads them to the playoffs unless he surprises everyone)

Crazier things have happened but I'd be very confident if I we the Browns front office.

Comment

I agree by and large with one small caveat... if the Browns do better than expected this year and don't have one of the top picks but STILL aren't settled at QB (yes teams can actually win some games while still looking for that QB) then I'd be okay with trading up to get Rosen or whoever it is ... aside from that very specific scenario, yep you stay where you are and take the best player available, or hell even trade back just like they did in this year's draft and get even more first rounders...

Comment

Originally posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
                5 selections in the first 2 rounds is really nice. They need to keep them and not bunch them together to make a move up. They need to simply draft best available player and they will look like a completely different franchise in 2018.

If they have the discipline to sit Kizer this year and let him learn, even better. They can grab some offensive weapons and bolster their line while snagging some additional defensive players.

It'll be a lot of fun to watch how this unfolds.

(and those Texans picks in the 1st and 2nd should be mid round) There is no way Deshaun Watson leads them to the playoffs unless he surprises everyone)

Crazier things have happened but I'd be very confident if I we the Browns front office.
                I can tell you how this is gonna go.

Garrett will show immense talent but get hurt. Peppers will show flashes in the special teams ala Cribbs, but get burnt routinely in coverage. David Njoku will not even exist and Kizer will come in halfway through the season when Kessler gets his head literally ripped off his shoulders. By then, team morale will be in the shitter and the rest of the picks wont be able to do anything about it.

2018 - Browns draft in the top 5.
                Originally posted by koonja
                I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                  I can tell you how this is gonna go.

Garrett will show immense talent but get hurt. Peppers will show flashes in the special teams ala Cribbs, but get burnt routinely in coverage. David Njoku will not even exist and Kizer will come in halfway through the season when Kessler gets his head literally ripped off his shoulders. By then, team morale will be in the shitter and the rest of the picks wont be able to do anything about it.

2018 - Browns draft in the top 5.
                  That's almost best case scenario for the Browns outside of Kizer playing. But if he comes in and the team is 2-7, then it's gravy. Get his feet wet, hopefully compete and keep their picks in the top 3rd.

If the draft is deep, they'll have one off for the ages. If they are able to trade back once or twice and further stockpile for 2019, even better. Not a Browns fan but it'd be fun to see them turn it around.

Comment

Out of all of them Njoku will be the one asked to start and carry a load the soonest... if he is non-existent he will have to be epic levels of flop/suck... I guess his floor given the circumstance is he plays way below expectations, but still plays for a few years then bounces out.

Comment

My Jets could sure use McGlinchey or a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by ndfb3.1 View Post
                        My Jets could sure use McGlinchey or a QB.
                        Your Jets are likely to draft McGlinchey as a QB. They are that dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                          Your Jets are likely to draft McGlinchey as a QB. They are that dumb.
                          burn.

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                            Out of all of them Njoku will be the one asked to start and carry a load the soonest... if he is non-existent he will have to be epic levels of flop/suck... I guess his floor given the circumstance is he plays way below expectations, but still plays for a few years then bounces out.
                            you gotta think they bring in a vet to help him out. all their other TE's are 1/2 years in the league themselves. No way can this kid handle the in-line blocking stuff.
                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/05/02/nf...lege-prospects

8. McGlinchey
                              30. Nelson

Comment

Mock draft

2018 NFL Mock Draft: Five QBs go in the first round, including two right at the top
                                Last edited by Legacy; 05-05-2017, 01:52 AM.

Comment

I know it's easy to have the Browns there but this was the first time ever they really ""earned" the first overall ( only ever had it after winning a championship, not sure how that happened, and when they expanded back in the league) ... I seriously doubt they get it back to back.

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                    I know it's easy to have the Browns there but this was the first time ever they really ""earned" the first overall ( only ever had it after winning a championship, not sure how that happened, and when they expanded back in the league) ... I seriously doubt they get it back to back.
                                    I could definitely see the Niners getting it. But it seems like it's been a random team that just has a terrible year. The Bucs and Titans weren't projected to "earn" the 1st overall pick in 15 & 16, and I don't think anybody had the Chiefs and Texans falling off a cliff for 13 & 14 1st overall picks.

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                      I could definitely see the Niners getting it. But it seems like it's been a random team that just has a terrible year. The Bucs and Titans weren't projected to "earn" the 1st overall pick in 15 & 16, and I don't think anybody had the Chiefs and Texans falling off a cliff for 13 & 14 1st overall picks.
                                      Jets are a real contender.

Comment

The Chiefs targeted Mahomes, had accumulated the picks, and there were lots of rumors of them and others moving into that draft area or higher. The Bills and Jets needed the picks. Once the Jets and Chargers did not select a QB or trade the picks, all had to focus on the Bills pick because the Saints wanted an understudy for Brees and had also settled on Mahomes. Sean Payton said that after Lattimore, Mahomes was next on their draft board, so if Lattimore had been chosen or a team jumped up to take the CB, the Saints wanted him, as KC suspected.

The Giants tried to trade for the Bills pick to take Mahomes and were "very upset" they did not get it. The Cardinals at 13 had targeted Mahomes so when the Chiefs got Mahomes and New Orleans went CB with Lattimore, the Texans had to make the trade for 12 ahead of Arzona to select Watson.

The Chiefs even offered four picks to the Titans to move up to #5 to pick Mahomes.

The Bears, Chiefs and Texans gave up plenty for risky QB prospects ... here's why
                                        Last edited by Legacy; 05-06-2017, 01:15 AM.

Comment

I think the Bears have as good of a chance as anyone with that shitty ass draft they put together this year. They didn't grab any tackles, zero offensive weapons for Glennon or Trubisky, and grabbed next to zero defensive talent. I'll be surprised if they win more than 3 games in 2017. They'll have the #1 pick but should trade down because a QB for them would make zero sense now.

Comment

Browns just traded Cam Irving for yet another draft pick in the 2018 draft........

Comment

Mel Kiper's Mane released it's updated preseason Big Board yesterday for the 2018 draft in and ESPN Insider Article linked below.

Mel Kiper preseason Big Board - Top 25 prospects ranking for 2018 NFL draft

Spoiler Alert....no Notre Dame players at this time. Somehow even a doofus tackle from Texas made the leap.

Players of note:

1. Sam Darnold - still has a dumb name, but the creep can roll.
                                              7. Harold Landry (Boston College) - will present a unique challenge
                                              24. Bradley Chubb (NC State) - another good test for our lineman who aren't good enough to make this stupid list

He also put out his top 10 by position list as an ESPN Insider article linked below:
                                              NFL draft 2018 - Mel Kiper's top 10 prospects rankings across each position

Top senior offensive tackle? Mike McGlinchey
                                              Top underclassmen offensive guard? Q. Nelson

He even notes what a powerful duo this is, but you know not good enough to break the top 25 players from Alabama and teh Ohio State.

Defensive Tackle Underclassmen: #5 Terry Jillery
                                              ILB Senior Under Consideration: Nyles Morgan

Comment

I think IE fans, and probably any fans that follow one school too closely, vastly overrate their team's talent. There are so many other 5 star, 4 star, and even 3 star CFB players that are awesome, we just don't follow them.

And Kiper is a ND fan, and he openly admits that.

Comment

Q should definitely be in the top 25 if it's just by talent, and Big Mike should absolutely be on it if it's based on value. The top 3 being QBs (or so I'm told, I don't have insider) is a friggin' joke. Josh Allen might be a great QB eventually, but he isn't close to one now.

Comment

Q should definitely be in the top 25 if it's just by talent, and Big Mike should absolutely be on it if it's based on value. The top 3 being QBs (or so I'm told, I don't have insider) is a friggin' joke. Josh Allen might be a great QB eventually, but he isn't close to one now.
                                                    I don't think McFlinchey is a top 25 player at all. At least not form what we've seen to date - if he kills it this year maybe that changes, but he's not a top 25 player based on his last two years.

Comment

Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                      I think IE fans, and probably any fans that follow one school too closely, vastly overrate their team's talent. There are so many other 5 star, 4 star, and even 3 star CFB players that are awesome, we just don't follow them.

And Kiper is a ND fan, and he openly admits that.
                                                      You don't think Big Mike is a top 25 prospect for the next NFL draft?

Comment

You don't think Big Mike is a top 25 prospect for the next NFL draft?
                                                        No.

Comment

I don't think McFlinchey is a top 25 player at all. At least not form what we've seen to date - if he kills it this year maybe that changes, but he's not a top 25 player based on his last two years.
                                                          Weird, cuz outside of this one article, pretty much everyone disagrees with you.

Your whole "ND players suck and the rest of college football is great" schtick has gotten incredibly old.

Comment

Weird, cuz outside of this one article, pretty much everyone disagrees with you.

Your whole "ND players suck and the rest of college football is great" schtick has gotten incredibly old.
                                                            Homers call it old, general college football fans call it real. You can tell me how great a 4-8 team's talent is all you want, the truth will out.

Comment

Then you may be alone on that opinion. He's kinda high on most preseason big boards/draft projections. I'm not saying that's where he'll be drafted, but it's definitely where he's at as of right now.

Comment

I was going through the 247 nfl draft page, and it's pretty interesting to see the rankings of each player drafted. Like Corey Davis, 2 star .77 rating; 5th overall this year.

2017 NFL Draft

Comment

Homers call it old, general college football fans call it real. You can tell me how great a 4-8 team's talent is all you want, the truth will out.
                                                                  BS. Nobody here is "homering out". We ARE calling it like the rest of the college football world sees it. Most people consider him 1st round lock, if not the first lineman off the board in the next draft. That isn't our fanbase being homers, that is the mainstreet opinion.

For instance, here is WalterFootball.com's draft profile on Big Mike. They are one of the most accurate evaluators out there in the market and have been quite critical of Notre Dame players (like Kizer last season) in the past.

McGlinchy's performance has given evidence that he is a future starting left tackle in the NFL and a first-round pick. I think McGlinchey could be a good starting left tackle with Pro Bowl potential.
                                                                  Read more at https://www.walterfootball.com/scout...fBf1fcKygx6.99
                                                                  But no... I'm sure the pipsqueak IE hater extraordinaire is just "telling it like it is".... more like "trolling it like it is"...

Comment

BS. Nobody here is "homering out". We ARE calling it like the rest of the college football world sees it. Most people consider him 1st round lock, if not the first lineman off the board in the next draft. That isn't our fanbase being homers, that is the mainstreet opinion.

For instance, here is WalterFootball.com's draft profile on Big Mike. They are one of the most accurate evaluators out there in the market and have been quite critical of Notre Dame players (like Kizer last season) in the past.

But no... I'm sure the pipsqueak IE hater extraordinaire is just "telling it like it is".... more like "trolling it like it is"...
                                                                    See you in April.

Comment

See you in April.
                                                                      I'll bet you a 6mo ban big McG goes in the first round, barring injury.
                                                                      People often ask me, 'Kenny, what are your weaknesses? Do you have any?' I would say that my biggest flaw, my achilles heel, is my tireless work ethic.

Comment

See you in April.
                                                                        We certainly will. What does that have to do with your accusation that the rest of the board are "homers"? We are clearly right that mainstream evaluations disagree with you. So regardless of where he is in April, you are dead effing wrong right now. Own it.

Comment

We certainly will. What does that have to do with your accusation that the rest of the board are "homers"? We are clearly right that mainstream evaluations disagree with you. So regardless of where he is in April, you are dead effing wrong right now. Own it.
                                                                          I don't think he's a top 25 talent - I don't think he'll go first round unless he improves significantly from last year. That's my opinion. It's a fallacy to say that an opinion is dead wrong.

I see a guy with ideal size, but hasn't put enough strength to maximize his frame. Maybe that's changed with the new super hero Body by Balis, but I'll believe it when I see he's over 300 in November.

I've also never seen him consistently dominate as a run blocker. And he averaged like a false start per game last year. You don't draft a guy just because he's tall. He's comparable to Decker from OSU, but Decker was a way better run blocker.

We'll see in April.
                                                                          Last edited by koonja; 09-01-2017, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I don't think he's a top 25 talent - I don't think he'll go first round unless he improves significantly from last year. That's my opinion. It's a fallacy to say that an opinion is dead wrong.

We'll see in April.
                                                                            Take Shakedown up on the bet then. 6 mo bans for who is wrong.

I'll do the same if you serve them consecutively.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Take Shakedown up on the bet then. 6 mo bans for who is wrong.

I'll do the same if you serve them consecutively.
                                                                              At your pace lately, you will be banned before the bet could be finalized. Aren't you like 2 bans in last 3 months lol.

I edited my response above to elaborate on why I don't think McGlinchey is a top 25 player right now.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                People often ask me, 'Kenny, what are your weaknesses? Do you have any?' I would say that my biggest flaw, my achilles heel, is my tireless work ethic.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  At your pace lately, you will be banned before the bet could be finalized. Aren't you like 2 bans in last 3 months lol.

I edited my response above to elaborate on why I don't think McGlinchey is a top 25 player right now.
                                                                                  Uhh no? Inaccurate like everything that comes out of your mouth.

Answer the damn question. If you are so sure of your "expert evaluation" skills, then bet me and Shakedown. We are willing to put our skin in the game, but you seem a little scared.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Maybe you should consult with your insider that doesn't ever actually tell you shit. lolz

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Uhh no? Inaccurate like everything that comes out of your mouth.

Answer the damn question. If you are so sure of your "expert evaluation" skills, then bet me and Shakedown. We are willing to put our skin in the game, but you seem a little scared.
                                                                                      Why would I take that bet? I never said he couldn't become a top 25 talent, but he's not now. If he was, we would be able to run the ball against Duke in the red zone.

He needs to fill out his frame and keep it, he needs to be a better run blocker, and he needs to get rid of the false starts (this one's not as big of a deal).

Can those things happen this year? Maybe. Have they happened yet? No.

You guys get mad though - Hopefully we can actually run the ball in the redzone this year against the likes of Duke.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I think we can all agree though that Q deserves top 25, especially if we're going by talent. I saw a draft evaluator tweet the other day that Q is in the elite tier of prospects with Jaire Alexander and I think Derwin James.

Edit: My mistake, it was Guice, not Derwin James.
                                                                                        Last edited by zelezo vlk; 09-01-2017, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Why would I take that bet? I never said he couldn't become a top 25 talent, but he's not now. If he was, we would be able to run the ball against Duke in the red zone.

He needs to fill out his frame and keep it, he needs to be a better run blocker, and he needs to get rid of the false starts (this one's not as big of a deal).

You guys get mad though - Hopefully we can actually run the ball in the redzone this year against the likes of Duke.
                                                                                          Ok.

Comment

• #46

BULLSHIT! You clearly kept saying "see you in April". Wtf is that supposed to mean if it doesn't mean that you think he wont develop into a 1st round player? Furthermore, like we have said several times, everyone except you disagrees that he isn't currently a top 25 player. That Walterfootball.com profile I linked (which you didn't read, SHOCKER) actually credits his frame and run blocking as a strength. Must be your expert analysis.

The reality is that you are scared. If you were so sure, why wouldn't you jump all over that bet. It's because you know you're wrong.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              BULLSHIT! You clearly kept saying "see you in April". Wtf is that supposed to mean if it doesn't mean that you think he wont develop into a 1st round player? Furthermore, like we have said several times, everyone except you disagrees that he isn't currently a top 25 player. That Walterfootball.com profile I linked (which you didn't read, SHOCKER) actually credits his frame and run blocking as a strength. Must be your expert analysis.

The reality is that you are scared. If you were so sure, why wouldn't you jump all over that bet. It's because you know you're wrong.
                                                                                              I don't think he will because we haven't seen it yet. But he has the frame and coaching to do it, so it's possible.

I have no idea how someone can get so upset that I don't rate a player the same as you. He's not been a dominant run blocker, and he didn't have his frame filled out at the end of last year.

Don't get so upset - we have a difference of an opinion on where McGlinchey is right now. Life goes on, right?

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I don't think he will because we haven't seen it yet. But he has the frame and coaching to do it, so it's possible.

I have no idea how someone can get so upset that I don't rate a player the same as you. He's not been a dominant run blocker, and he didn't have his frame filled out at the end of last year.

Don't get so upset - we have a difference of an opinion on where McGlinchey is right now. Life goes on, right?
                                                                                                We get upset because this is just the same tired schtick you have been pulling all effing off season. All our players suck, every other team is better, other coaches are better, blah, blah, blah.

We're not mad... we are tired...

and you're scared.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  We get upset because this is just the same tired schtick you have been pulling all effing off season. All our players suck, every other team is better, other coaches are better, blah, blah, blah.

We're not mad... we are tired...

and you're scared.
                                                                                                  There's no we, you're the only person upset. I don't think our players suck - I just don't think everyone's going first round and I've pointed out why I don't think McGlinchey will unless those 2/3 things change.

Relax man.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    There's no we, you're the only person upset. I don't think our players suck - I just don't think everyone's going first round and I've pointed out why I don't think McGlinchey will unless those 2/3 things change.

Relax man.
                                                                                                    Really? Because there's like 5 threads that have people arguing with you right now. It's a daily thing of you coming on here dogging our guys and trying to puff your chest about other teams like Georgia or Ohio State.

You're the biggest troll on this site.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X