Josh Brown and the Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Brown and the Giants

For those of you who haven't seen the new stuff that came out regarding Josh Brown:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/21/sp...ants.html?_r=0

In another episode raising questions about the handling of domestic violence cases, the N.F.L. on Thursday reopened its investigation of Giants kicker Josh Brown after a police file revealed vivid details of his admission that he had abused his wife leading up to an arrest in 2015.

An owner of the Giants later conceded that Brown had told them about the abuse but that they had decided to keep him on the roster.

The police in King County in Washington, where the abuse allegations originate from, released documents Wednesday that included emails and journal entries written by Brown in which he admits to being “physically, emotionally and verbally” abusive to his wife.

The comments were part of 165 pages of documents that Brown’s former wife, Molly, turned over to the authorities after his May 2015 arrest. She had accused him of more than 20 instances of domestic violence. Brown and his wife have since divorced.

Owner John Mara's comments:

“He certainly admitted to us that he abused his wife in the past,” Mara said in a radio interview Thursday evening on WFAN New York. “What’s a little unclear is the extent of that.”
    HC McAdoo comments:

It was a tough conversation with Josh. ... We're not going to turn our back on Josh."

Sickening.

I'm very confused about why everyone gets mad at the NFL over this kind of thing. I hate the NFL administration as much as the next guy, but this isn't the NFL's business. Everyone seems to ignore the operative sentence in all of these reports:

"Prosecutors chose not to pursue a misdemeanor domestic violence charge against Josh Brown, citing a lack of evidence and the unwillingness of Molly Brown to cooperate in the case before it was closed in September."

If there's anyone to be mad at, it's the King County Sheriff's Office.

Comment

Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
      I'm very confused about why everyone gets mad at the NFL over this kind of thing. I hate the NFL administration as much as the next guy, but this isn't the NFL's business. Everyone seems to ignore the operative sentence in all of these reports:

"Prosecutors chose not to pursue a misdemeanor domestic violence charge against Josh Brown, citing a lack of evidence and the unwillingness of Molly Brown to cooperate in the case before it was closed in September."

I tend to agree. Are other private businesses expected to fire employees under these circumstances? In this particular case, was it mostly verbal and emotional? The degrees in which the abuses occurred are relevant to me. We all know physical abuse could be anything from forcefully grabbing her to beating her badly. Hard to tell what was going on here other than he was a bad husband.
      "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

This is so much worse than the ray rice deal.

Brown needs his ass beat. He sure as hell doesn't belong in the NFL.
        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
          This is so much worse than the ray rice deal.

Brown needs his ass beat. He sure as hell doesn't belong in the NFL.
          Nah, let him play. I'm sure there is a long line of special team guys that wouldn't mind taking a shot at him on kickoff coverage and a line of coaches that wouldn't be pissed at the penalty.
          #TeamKizer

Comment

My main issue with the NFL is how they cave to public pressure with suspensions and how there is just 0 consistency.

Posted this when Brady's first suspension happened, but how the hell can the league justify 4 games for that compared to a serious issue like this....They already look bad when these situations pop up, and that's just added ammo for people. I don't really care if they value football transgressions over off-the-field transgressions, but I don't need the league trying to save face with PR acting like they care about social issues when they clearly care about air pressure more.

Comment

Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post

If there's anyone to be mad at, it's Molly Brown for failing to cooperate. As they divorced since the arrest when she claimed 20 incidents of abuse, I'll hazard a guess there was a $$$ understanding regarding her cooperation. She had the leverage at the time. "Let's make a deal!"

Comment

They're keeping a kicker on the team? Kickers get cut just for missing a FG.

Comment

he has kicked his last FG in the NFL

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X