• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    For you Pats fans that cry injustice.

North: Nantz's non-story remark hurts his credibility

Mike North

The recent reaction to the Dec. 29 report by Al Jazeera that HGH was delivered to Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has been interesting.

Several other well-known athletes were also implicated: former New York Yankee Derek Jeter, Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews, former Bears defensive end Julius Peppers, Philadelphia first baseman Ryan Howard and Washington first baseman Ryan Zimmerman to name a few.

NFL representatives, aided by the mainstream media, has been somewhat successful in dismissing any wrongdoing by Manning saying he did not have a connection to the Guyer Institute in Dyer, Indiana, even though Manning did visit the clinic in 2011 when he was recovering from neck surgeries.

The clinic has stated that the claims involving Manning and HGH are false.

I don't know what the truth is regarding HGH and Manning, but my problem isn't whether he did or didn't get a delivery. My complaint is with how the story has or hasn't been covered.

The story was notable because of the prominence of the individuals involved.

Howard and Zimmerman are suing the publication that printed the accusations, which in my world goes a long way in making me believe they are innocent of any wrongdoing. Manning says he will address the situation in more detail after the football season is over. His vehement comments before Sunday's NFL games showed him red-faced and angry, as he proclaimed his innocence.

But the attitude of many in the media over the story -- or non-story as they see it -- leads me to believe there is a cover-up.

Jim Nantz, a CBS announcer, and Phil Simms, the former New York Giant quarterback and CBS commentator, didn't address the Manning situation during the Broncos-Charger game on Sunday. Nantz appeared earlier in the week on WFAN in New York with Mike Francesa saying it was a non-story, and didn't want to add layers.

Shame on you my friend. Francesa should have followed up and pushed the issue, but he quickly forgot about it.

Listen, it's cool for Manning and Nantz to be friends; they share the same agent, Sandy Montag, and have done Papa Johns and Sony commercials together. But all Nantz had to do was acknowledge the story and then simply move on.

Making it a non-story was a mistake. I think Nantz's credibility and integrity are in question by ignoring the story. It's not his decision to decide if it's a story. He should give the people the facts and let them decide.

I can't help but ask if the boxes in question were delivered to Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees or any other big-name QBs, would it have been a story?

Oh yeah! This is a cover-up of maybe very little, but to not even discuss it when Cleveland Browns QB Johnny Manziel spins a record at a nightclub and it's big news, I have to disagree with Nantz.

Credibility is an important thing in this world and right now, Nantz has none. Stay tuned!
    This was BS by Nantz. I'm not buying into the NFL/media cover-up conspiracy, but it was an annoying move by Nantz who is buddy-buddy with Peyton.

Comment

• Originally posted by philipm31 View Post
      SO if it were shipped DIRECTLY to ASHLEY MANNING, then that lends 100% credence that it WAS for her, to help her get pregnant...which is why Manning is likely so furious because the report is entirely based on a HIPAA violation of ASHLEY MANNING.

And considering the fact that she did give birth to twins March 31, 2011, meaning that she indeed became pregnant in 2010, when Peyton was rehabbing, it is ENTIRELY plausible that it was shipped to her because it WAS for her.

Pats fans feel slighted, so they feel that they NEED to be reassured by ripping apart Ashley Manning for taking fertility drugs.

JFC people. This is NOT a story and certainly one that has anything to do with Peyton, which is why NOBODY outside of Boston gives a fuck about it.
      Please check your facts if you're going to go CAPS-heavy also. Peyton Manning was throwing for 4,700 yards in 2010, he was not rehabbing. He sat out 2011.

Maybe this whole report is BS. But it certainly alleges that Sly was at Guyer in the fall of 2011 when Peyton was rehabbing. And we all know what Sly said was being shipped then. Those alleged facts don't add up with the fertility.
      Last edited by irishfan; 01-08-2016, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CYoCVzrWkAAVQfe.mp4
        Last edited by philipm31; 01-13-2016, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• How does this effect things?

Al Jazeera America to shut down in April - Jan. 13, 2016
          Originally posted by koonja
          I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
            Shows that AJ America was trying to gain ratings and ran with a total non-story and tried connecting to Manning, simply for the name recognition.

It does not affect anything, because there is literally no story there and there never was.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dec 22: Men hired by Peyton Manning&#39;s lawyers visit parents of Charlie Sly.<br>Dec 24: Sly records recanting statement.<a href="https://t.co/BBlcJYq5OT">https://t.co/BBlcJYq5OT</a></p>&mdash; Thomas Bassinger (@tometrics) <a href="https://twitter.com/tometrics/status/695441923297816577">February 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
              <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

nothing to see here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                Filing a law suit, or threatening to do so, in this case is a PR stunt. Filing the suit will get media attention while the story is still somewhat fresh and make them appear innocent; later, when the matter has completely receded from public consciousness, they will withdraw the suit and hope nobody notices.
                Bingo Bongo

Report: Peyton Manning won’t sue Al Jazeera | ProFootballTalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                  I laughed when Peyton went to the same lame a$$ wife card as Roger Clemens did. We all know what happened to Roger which will probably keep him out of the HOF. Football looks at this type of cheating differently so it won't affect Peyton the same and he will waltz right into the PFHOF.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X