2015-2016 NFL Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015-2016 NFL Season Thread

Figured we should get one of these going since the season is 3 days away.

Anyone have any predictions for the season? I'm biased as all hell, but I have Pats over Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by irishfan View Post
    Figured we should get one of these going since the season is 3 days away.

Anyone have any predictions for the season? I'm biased as all hell, but I have Pats over Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

The Bears will go 0-16

Comment

Dolphins will win the Super Bowl

Comment

Browns will go undefeated.... Until week 1
        This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Eagles win NFC East with 12-4 record
          Cowboys to wild card with 10-6 record
          Giants go 7-9
          Redskins go 4-12

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
            Eagles win NFC East with 12-4 record
            Cowboys to wild card with 10-6 record
            Giants go 7-9
            Redskins go 4-12
            Also, if he stays healthy Bradford is going to have a really good season.
            Last edited by KPENN; 09-07-2015, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KPENN View Post
              Also, if he stays healthy Bradford is going to happy a really good season.
              Yeah if he plays 14+ games I expect him to be a borderline pro bowler.

Comment

Yeah if he plays 14+ games I expect him to be a borderline pro bowler.
                *Have a

No clue how i got happy there.

Comment

I think the giants beat the eagles by one game. The skins are like a weekly episode of soap operas. It is bad enough that i am almost ready to just watch the ravens and be done with it. I can't stand them losing but all this other horse crap is getting old. The coach feeds the drama i said it when they hired him it was a mistake. If they win 5 games they will be lucky.
                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Originally posted by KPENN View Post
                    *Have a

No clue how i got happy there.
                    It's ok, Watching Chip Kelly's offense makes me happy too

Comment

Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                      I think the giants beat the eagles by one game. The skins are like a weekly episode of soap operas. It is bad enough that i am almost ready to just watch the ravens and be done with it. I can't stand them losing but all this other horse crap is getting old. The coach feeds the drama i said it when they hired him it was a mistake. If they win 5 games they will be lucky.
                      Let's compare positions with the Eagles and Giants

QB: Wash if Bradford is healthy
                      RB: Eagles
                      TE: Eagles
                      WR: Giants
                      OL: Eagles

DL: Eagles
                      LB: Eagles
                      DB: Eagles

Comment

I'm just ready to watch that Pittsburgh offense when Bell is back

Comment

With AP back I think the Vikings can make the playoffs. I have complete faith in a Vikings coaching staff for the first time in my fanhood which dates back to 1998. I think our defense is going to be good and our secondary could be epic.

The key is Teddy Bridgewater. If he continues to develop and progress we're going to good for quite some time.
                          "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

Peyton Manning needs to retire. Watching him yesterday was painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
                              Agreed. He looks how he did to end last year when everyone chalked it up to an injury. His line wasn't doing him many favors either, but he just can't throw the ball to the sidelines at all. There is just 0 arm strength left.

Comment

Yikes I'm not a fan of the new MNF graphics package.

Comment

Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
                                  Agree with this.

Looked like he was straining to even throw short passes.

Comment

Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                                    Yikes I'm not a fan of the new MNF graphics package.
                                    Yea and espn has had muiltiple audio/visual problems tonight, kinda freakkin annoying.
                                    .....Before I Get Out

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Interesting double team concept from Rex&#39;s Bills against the Colts last weekend. See WR at the bottom of the screen <a href="http://t.co/9ziNrErvpo">pic.twitter.com/9ziNrErvpo</a></p>&mdash; Chris B. Brown (@smartfootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/smartfootball/status/644122776551473152">September 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Interesting double team concept from Rex's Bills against the Colts last weekend. See WR at the bottom of the screen <a href="http://t.co/9ziNrErvpo">pic.twitter.com/9ziNrErvpo</a></p>&mdash; Chris B. Brown (@smartfootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/smartfootball/status/644122776551473152">September 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                        Rex is a pain. Not looking forward to the Pats going to Buffalo this week. Guy just blitzes the hell out of you and takes away your #1 target just about every time.

Comment

Do, with the Bills great D, do I start Brady or Bradford
                                          #TeamKizer

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                            Do, with the Bills great D, do I start Brady or Bradford
                                            I want to say Bradford, but Dallas was so methodical and slow on offense last Sunday night that they might really limit Philly's possessions. As someone who had Eli/Beckham in FanDuel, I was not pleased with the Cowboys snapping it with 1 second on the play clock seemingly every play until they went down by 10 points. Tough to tell in Week 2. I don't really have any advice so I don't know why I even responded haha.

Comment

Bradford. By all accounts he lit it up the 2nd half and his late int was the fault of the receiver. If you just go by statline it doens't look that good but he had a very slow start in the first half.

Given this was the first game of the season, I think it just took him a moment to mentally hit game speed.

I think he'll do well next weekend. I'd take him until I better understand what the Bills are on defense. If they are great, they will stymie Brady but that is a tall task.

Comment

Browns.

f dat. See you next year.
                                                This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
                                                  The Bears will go 0-16
                                                  What I love/hate about the pros - I am rooting for my team to suck as bad as possible so they get a better draft pick. Cutler needs to go but until they get a viable alternative they are stuck with his contract. Not enamored with the QB class coming out so I will most likely see them draft a mediocre to bust QB early this year while passing on some phenomenal can't miss D-lineman.

No matter how bad ND is, I always root for them to win.

Comment

That's what has sucked about the Browns, they are never any good, but they are never the worst team in the league, They haven't had a first or second pick in 15 years... but heck even when they have a top level pick they blow it on players like Braylon Edwards or Trent Richardson... it would be nice if they're gonna suck, just go the Houston Astros route and REALLY suck, trade everyone that you can get value for and for a few years just be epic level bad, but amass many top picks and just stockpile the team with young talent...

anyway, maybe I'm just searching for anything that might work long term...

Comment

I'm not really sure what the Bears are good at any more but for the longest time they could pick defensive players with the best of them. But they would draft offense in the top rounds that would ALWAYS bust. Why not draft the shit out of defense and buy proven offense at that point? I dunno, all I can guarantee is that my Bears aren't going to be pretty this year and probably end up in the same #7-15 no-mans land in the draft again.

Comment

Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                                        What I love/hate about the pros - I am rooting for my team to suck as bad as possible so they get a better draft pick. Cutler needs to go but until they get a viable alternative they are stuck with his contract. Not enamored with the QB class coming out so I will most likely see them draft a mediocre to bust QB early this year while passing on some phenomenal can't miss D-lineman.

No matter how bad ND is, I always root for them to win.
                                                        You can have RGIII.

Comment

You can have RGIII.
                                                          Give it a few weeks and Chicago sports radio might be calling for just that after Cutler puts up a few 3 INT games.

Comment

What's the bizarre 3D end zone graphic in the London game? It looks like it's digitally inserted like the first down line.

Comment

Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                                                              What's the bizarre 3D end zone graphic in the London game? It looks like it's digitally inserted like the first down line.
                                                              They digitally filled in the coloring.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Virtual end zone team wordmarks for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jets?src=hash">#Jets</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Dolphins?src=hash">#Dolphins</a> in London? Is it an @NFL/sports first? <a href="https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet">@sportslogosnet</a> <a href="http://t.co/T75UOlF6ix">pic.twitter.com/T75UOlF6ix</a></p>&mdash; Tim Capper (@reppact) <a href="https://twitter.com/reppact/status/650693664730148864">October 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Comment

If anyone wants to start a "Chip Kelly Revisited" thread, Id be all for it.
                                                                .....Before I Get Out

Comment

Brindza just missed a 43 yarder, missed a 29 yard FG before the end of the half.

Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a job come next week.

Comment

Originally posted by #1rish View Post
                                                                    Brindza just missed a 43 yarder, missed a 29 yard FG before the end of the half.

Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a job come next week.
                                                                    Surprise surprise

Comment

The redskins have to average the most penalties in the game even though the last 2 personal foul call were horse shit.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyirish View Post
                                                                        If anyone wants to start a "Chip Kelly Revisited" thread, Id be all for it.
                                                                        ayy lmao

seriously we need a general philly sports thread tho

Comment

ayy lmao

The skins are giving your boys this game. Murray has been awful.

Comment

NFL is becoming soft.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              ayy lmao

Yea we do, lot of philly fans on this site. Always thought about making one but never got around to it. Might do it after the game to discuss the general disaray of philly sports.
                                                                              .....Before I Get Out

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Kyle Brindza lmao

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For those asking about Tannehill reports: <a href="http://t.co/0C21m2aZCo">pic.twitter.com/0C21m2aZCo</a></p>&mdash; Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) <a href="https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/651267470414757888">October 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                                                                  EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Damn, man the fuck up Tannehill. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I never thought much of Tannehill, but the Miami organization itself is beyond dysfunctional.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rGrL39Q99sE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                                                        Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sean Payton open to listening to other coaching opportunities, per <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet">@RapSheet</a> <a href="http://t.co/Hyrxigpp7P">http://t.co/Hyrxigpp7P</a></p>&mdash; Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/654744005570248705">October 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                                                                          EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            It's funny to listen to old people complain that they can't get the Bills-Jags game on their TVs. My stream looks better than CBS on a $50 Roku.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              The Texans are really bad. And so are my Redskins.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                The Texans are really bad. And so are my Redskins.
                                                                                                Consider yourself lucky.

Signed, A Lions fan

EDIT: You spoke to soon on your Redskins
                                                                                                Last edited by Irish Insanity; 10-25-2015, 03:12 PM.
                                                                                                #TeamKizer

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                                                                                  Consider yourself lucky.

Signed, A Lions fan

EDIT: You spoke to soon on your Redskins
                                                                                                  I never saw that coming. The Bucs helped out with 16 penalties.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    If Teddy Bridgewater can play like that consistently, coupled with our defense and AP, we are legit playoff contenders and I think we can make some noise in the playoffs too. Zimmer has that defense bringing the hellfire, 7 sacks on Stafford? Stafford's going to have PTSD from his two games against us this season.

Also, Stefon Diggs, what a find. That whole sequence on the TD catch from the flawless route he ran, to the athleticism he displayed, the speed, and the great hands was off the charts. Hopefully Bridgewater to Diggs becomes a connection for years to come.

I think our offense moves more seamlessly without AP as sad as that is for me. Force feeding AP is hindering TB's development and lo and behold the one game where they don't worry about it TB has a great day. It's time to shift the offensive philosophy from AP centered to TB centered.
                                                                                                    "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X