• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They hired their G League coach, Mark Daigneault

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishokie View Post
      They hired their G League coach, Mark Daigneault
      Ah okay, thanks. Any skinny on him and his coaching style?

Comment

• Unfortunately, no. He’s only 35 years old and was brought in in 2014. Apparently he was the G League coach from ‘14-‘19 (four playoff appearances) and was on the Thunder coaching staff this past season. Student manager for Jim Calhoun and was an assistant to Donovan at Florida. Believe I read an article that he had been a scout in OKC’s draft process.

Comment

• First four picks went according to plan. Then Cleveland threw a wrench in things and it got interesting.

Thunder have a lot of assets moving forward. Really interested in what they do.

The Bulls took an FSU player fourth overall and he was a sixth man. 19 years old. Crazy stuff.
          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Klay Thompson out for next season. Achilles. Damn it.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
              Klay Thompson out for next season. Achilles. Damn it.
              Hope I'm wrong but players usually just don't miss two season of hoops then return back to previous form. Being able to shoot from the parking lot though certainly helps. Best of luck to him.

Comment

• Really shitty luck.
                It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Worst part for the GSW is that now they need someone to step up in Thompson's absence on DEFENSE, again, because they will be fine scoring as long as Steph is there, but drafting Wiseman looks less sound after that news regarding Klay and his injury.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...387096066?s=20

Comment

• This is incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                        This is incredible.
                        You've got to be describing the second reply as incredible.

Comment

• I'm pretty happy with what the Blazers did so far. Brought back Kanter to back up Nurk. Really like that move.

Love the trade for Covington. And now they're forward/wing rotation is Covington, Hood (brought him back), Melo, and Derrick Jones Jr.

Only thing missing is I'm a little disappointed they haven't addressed the 4 position. But, that could be because they plan to go small at times and playing some of those guys above together more often. Like Melo and Covington on the floor together at 3 and 4.

For now, a starting lineup of Lillard, McCollum, Covington, Collins, and Nurk looks pretty good. With a bench of Kanter, Melo, Hood, and Jones Jr. Let's go.

Comment

• Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                            You've got to be describing the second reply as incredible.
                            Forgive me for any confusion, but the link he posted led me to this:

Adrian Wojnarowski
                            @wojespn
                            The Thunder have agreed in principle to trade Steven Adams to the Pelicans as part of a multi-team trade, sources tell ESPN. OKC is getting back -- wait for it -- future first-round pick and second-round picks.
                            The Thunder made a trade and got more picks.

I'm confused and or missing something.

Comment

Forgive me for any confusion, but the link he posted led me to this:

The Thunder made a trade and got more picks.

I'm confused and or missing something.
                              Bad joke on my part. The second reply to the tweet had some "facts" about Mia Khalifa.

Comment

• https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-help-finances

I got $1200 in the spring, but this is pretty nice too.

Comment

• Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                                  Bad joke on my part. The second reply to the tweet had some "facts" about Mia Khalifa.
                                  I know I'm late to the party, but wtf?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mia Khalifa&#39;s path to a mickey mouse adult film award<br>-Never had to face Johnny Sins/Mandingo<br>-Career was only 3 months<br>-Carried by the other actresses in her lesbian scenes<br>-Never number 1 on OnlyFans<br>-Destroyed by a diss track <br><br>I say this as an honest Mia Khalifa fan.</p>&mdash; CrackHead Pat Bev (@CrackheadBev) <a href="https://twitter.com/CrackheadBev/status/1330034655194738692?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Where will the James Harden wheel land?

Comment

• The Chicago Bulls look like a much different team with Billy Donovan. Competently coached.

They drafted a kid from FSU named Patrick Williams who was the 6th man for the Noles last year. He looks really, really good.

Would love to see that team be a presence in the NBA again. I think it would be good for basketball. The Knicks, too. Don't know of much hope for either any time soon, but there seems like promise.

Comment

The Chicago Bulls look like a much different team with Billy Donovan. Competently coached.

They drafted a kid from FSU named Patrick Williams who was the 6th man for the Noles last year. He looks really, really good.

Would love to see that team be a presence in the NBA again. I think it would be good for basketball. The Knicks, too. Don't know of much hope for either any time soon, but there seems like promise.

For what they have, they are playing well. Wont get back into meaningful conversations until their best player isnt a volume shooter with no peripheral skills. Many have tried, but no team has ever sniffed consistent playoff runs with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Oladipo out in Indy and Harden on the move too?

Comment

• Harden to Brooklyn

Comment

• Caris Levert for an expiring Vic O contract is a good move for the Pacers IMO. I think he’ll thrive in Indy. Throw in a second round pick too.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                Harden to Brooklyn
                                                How does Kyrie react to this...

Comment

• KD went from playing with Steph and Klay to Kyrie and Harden. Yikes.
                                                  "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                                                    Caris Levert for an expiring Vic O contract is a good move for the Pacers IMO. I think heíll thrive in Indy. Throw in a second round pick too.
                                                    Yeah Olidepo wasnít going to stay. He was starting to act just like Paul George. He hasnít made to that next level yet but acted like it. No idea how good Levert is but the 2nd pick is probably not going to pay dividends.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post
                                                      KD went from playing with Steph and Klay to Kyrie and Harden. Yikes.
                                                      A couple of malcontents, especially KI.

Comment

• Sekou Smith's passing is the worst. Portions of this month just felt like the 13th month of 2020.

One of my favorite pundits and just a good person.

Comment

• Kevin Garnett was interviewed. It was good. Here is a small piece.

Last edited by Rogue219; 02-08-2021, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• This Bulls team under Donovan is really fun to watch, but I feel like them winning games now is putting them further away from a championship in the future.

Comment

• Five triple doubles on Saturday. I only saw two.

Trade deadline is coming. Danny Ainge will likely do things.

Glad to see Caris LeVert play for the Pacers, even if he was a Skunk Bear. Hopefully he keeps a clean bill of health.

Comment

• Jordan Clarkson is clicking for the Jazz right now. He's the best Sixth Man in the NBA. Unheralded recruit and a second round draft pick. 20 points off the bench in 30 minutes last night vs the Celtics.

Dame drops 50 for the Blazers in a win vs the Pelicans. I don't know how that's going to help them in the long run. Somebody else needs to step up.

Comment

• The Chicago Bulls are makin' moves and bustin' grooves.

Comment

• In the end, Denver is going for it. I like it. It's going to take going all in to get by Utah and or a healthy Lakers team. Strike while your window is open.

The Bulls will be a tougher out now and the Magic have completely changed course.

Comment

• The Heat are a miserable matchup for the Bucks. Bucks will go out in six or seven games, the Giannis narrative will rage on.

The New York Knicks are in the playoffs.

Thoughts and prayers to the LeBron haters today. The Lakers live to fight another day or two.

Comment

• The Lakers and Warriors playing in the buster game warms my heart.

Go PHX I guess.

Are NBA games televised live or do I still have to stay up until the news is over to watch a replay?

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

Are NBA games televised live or do I still have to stay up until the news is over to watch a replay?
                                                                          Yes. In color and everything.

Comment

Yes. In color and everything.
                                                                            LOL

Hopefully it's one game at a time otherwise I have to get up out off my LazyBoy and walk over to the tv and flip to the other station.

Someone should invent a stick long enough to change the channel from your chair/couch.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

LOL

Hopefully it's one game at a time otherwise I have to get up out off my LazyBoy and walk over to the tv and flip to the other station.

Someone should invent a stick long enough to change the channel from your chair/couch.
                                                                              And if only there was a supplemental way of staying informed in addition to the nightly news.

Comment

• Pacers are about to have an interesting summer.

Comment

Pacers are about to have an interesting summer.
                                                                                  Rumor has it, the coach won't be around next year.

As a Pacer fan since the ABA, the years since Reggie have been less than memorable. George made a couple of years interesting and Oladipo one, but for the most part it's been purgatory. Just good enough to get bounced in the first round and have a crappy drafting position. I will say injuries were unreal this year, but for one year I'd like to see Simon open the wallet and allow management to go after a couple of studs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Rumor has it, the coach won't be around next year.

As a Pacer fan since the ABA, the years since Reggie have been less than memorable. George made a couple of years interesting and Oladipo one, but for the most part it's been purgatory. Just good enough to get bounced in the first round and have a crappy drafting position. I will say injuries were unreal this year, but for one year I'd like to see Simon open the wallet and allow management to go after a couple of studs.
                                                                                    who is to say they havent? Unfortunately, those types of players dont want to play in Indy.

Crazy how fast buyers remorse set in for Bjorkgren.
                                                                                    Prehistoric

Comment

• Playoffs have been absurdly entertaining. The older I get the more I think NBA playoffs might be the best postseason.

Comment

Playoffs have been absurdly entertaining. The older I get the more I think NBA playoffs might be the best postseason.

Comment

Playoffs have been absurdly entertaining. The older I get the more I think NBA playoffs might be the best postseason.

Comment

• Don't care about baseball. CFB playoffs currently suck. NFL is good but often anti-climactic, and you usually only get 1-3 true "holy shit" moments over the whole thing. March Madness is great but with single elimination it's so random I have a hard time thinking it actually produces the best champion. NHL is probably the closest.

I love the 7 game series and how the story swings every game, I love how petty it gets, I love that it's basically its own long season. I just think it's fun.

Also, the NBA is currently experiencing a changing of the guard and its super fun watching players like Ja Morant, Tatum, Luka, etc. dropping 50 on established stars. I'd still bet on Lebron or Brooklyn to win the chip this year, but the youth is coming and they are a blast to watch.

Comment

LOL. The NBA is getting to be like soccer. More often than not some dunce goes out of their way to tell you how much they don't like it and in detail. It's a beautiful thing and makes for great banter now that things are opening back up again. Can't wait for Thanksgiving.

I am a huge fan. NBA and NHL truly are the best because of the seven game series angle of it. NHL is a grind and by the end virtually no one is healthy. The NBA is when teams typically get healthy and the big dogs start playing real minutes.

I am alarmed by some of the fan behavior in the last week or so, and that has me slightly concerned about college football season in the fall. These incidents at NBA Playoff games are happening late in games or after the game is over. That's overgrown assholes acting out due to alcohol. If I want to get wasted, I go to a bar or stay home, I don't need to spend all that money on tickets, parking, etc. to get hammered at a sporting event. This puts me in the American minority, which I am used to. It's sad that the assholes just won't stay home.

As for the basketball, shocked that the Bucks swept the Heat. Didn't see that coming. The West is awesome. Every series is great. Otherwise hoping to see the Celtics and Knicks go away soon.

Comment

• The Celtics are out, and with that, Danny Ainge has stepped down. Brad Stevens will move up. Most importantly, the Celtics are out.

Blazers-Nuggets last night was a great game. Undoubtedly one for the ages and made a Tuesday night after a three day weekend more enjoyable that it otherwise could have been.

Above all, the Celtics were eliminated.

Comment

• The day after their season ends, Danny Ainge steps down and Brad Stevens was promoted to replace him. This had to have been the plan for a while now, which makes the rumors that IU offered Stevens 7/$70M believeable to me. Stevens knew he had this lined up and turned down IU.

Stevens wasn't at Butler with him, but I wonder if he goes for tOSU coach Chris Holtmann. Anthony Grant from Dayton is highly regarded by NBA people.

So many good young assistants out there too.

Comment

• Celtics never had a chance in that series. Stevens moving up will be interesting, was pretty sure Ainge was going to be replaced. Hopefully the Lakers will get bounced.
                                                                                                    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• I want to care. As a former player, I should care but... meh.

This did force me to look at the Suns-Lakers series and I'm happy to see the good guys up 3-2.

I guess the only thing I care about regarding the NBA is that the Lakers lose... always.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X