NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
    Vaughn's record is horrible isn't it? I don't know enough about Udoka. I've never liked Lue. Always been a fan of Nash. I know he has no HC experience, but didn't he consult or assist with the GSWs?

What I don't like about SAS's comments is he says he'll be great, then shits on him. If he things he'll be great, he should understand why others think so too.
    Define horrible.

He took over and won two games out of two. Then the shutdown happened because of Covid. Came back, went 5-3 and then 0-4 in playoffs. That was with key players having opted out with Durant and Kyrie on the shelf injured. He gets to be the highest paid assistant coach in the NBA, though. He evidently gave off a very good impression when he interviewed, which is the new "he's so articulate."

Udoka coached under Poppovich and has been with the Sixers for the last couple of years. He's 43 and is highly thought of within the League. Players like him. Not sure how much of a killer the guy is (stoic black guy thing), but he has the respect of the players which is more than half the battle in the NBA.

Nash was a consultant for the Warriors. It's just an odd move. I can't say if he'll be great or not. I like him, but I'm not sure I like the hire from where I sit.
    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
      Define horrible.

He took over and won two games out of two. Then the shutdown happened because of Covid. Came back, went 5-3 and then 0-4 in playoffs. That was with key players having opted out with Durant and Kyrie on the shelf injured. He gets to be the highest paid assistant coach in the NBA, though. He evidently gave off a very good impression when he interviewed, which is the new "he's so articulate."

Udoka coached under Poppovich and has been with the Sixers for the last couple of years. He's 43 and is highly thought of within the League. Players like him. Not sure how much of a killer the guy is (stoic black guy thing), but he has the respect of the players which is more than half the battle in the NBA.

Nash was a consultant for the Warriors. It's just an odd move. I can't say if he'll be great or not. I like him, but I'm not sure I like the hire from where I sit.
      Vaughn is 65-161. Looking at his time with Orlando as well.

I agree Nash is an odd move, but I like the guy. Not saying you hire a guy because you like him, I guess I just know him more than the rest.
      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Vaughn is 65-161. Looking at his time with Orlando as well.

I agree Nash is an odd move, but I like the guy. Not saying you hire a guy because you like him, I guess I just know him more than the rest.
        Last time I saw Steve Nash he was going Champions League analysis. That's soccer. Front offices will do what front offices will do.

I had forgotten about Vaughn at Orlando. What was a few years back. He got replaced by Scott Skiles. LOL. Of course. His fourth head coaching job. A fifth hasn't been in the cards yet.

Orlando has had one winning season since they fired Vaughn. One. The roster the year before he got there under Stan Van Gundy looked pretty different when he got hired. He's 45 years old and should probably get another bite at the head coaching apple. Doesn't mean he will.

Wes Unseld Jr. was a Vaughn assistant in Orlando. Somebody should be looking at him right now, and he's got strong ties to that new Bulls regime in Chicago.

I guess Vaughn had his shot and he's done, then. He's the highest paid assistant coach in basketball and is going to be working for a guy he's probably more qualified than, at least on a resume.

It is incredibly odd that with all of the names out there, most of them black assistant coaches, the Nets hire Steve Nash. Didn't see it coming. Maybe we should have.
        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

Stephen A: "Nash will do a 'hell of a job in Brooklyn,' but being hired with no coaching experience is white privilege"
          Stephen A is an idiot. Everything that comes out of his mouth is garbage. Constantly stirring the pot.
          Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Last time I saw Steve Nash he was going Champions League analysis. That's soccer. Front offices will do what front offices will do.
            I'm aware of the CL.... Not sure if you're aware, but Nash was a 2 sport guys (3 if you count rugby), and has been in and around soccer his entire life (keep in mind he's Canadian). He's good friends with several INTL players (including one of my fav Italians), and also has worked out with (not to make the team, but to keep in shape IIRC) a MLS team (NY Bulls I think).

I had forgotten about Vaughn at Orlando. What was a few years back. He got replaced by Scott Skiles. LOL. Of course. His fourth head coaching job. A fifth hasn't been in the cards yet.

Orlando has had one winning season since they fired Vaughn. One. The roster the year before he got there under Stan Van Gundy looked pretty different when he got hired. He's 45 years old and should probably get another bite at the head coaching apple. Doesn't mean he will.
            Wes Unseld Jr. was a Vaughn assistant in Orlando. Somebody should be looking at him right now, and he's got strong ties to that new Bulls regime in Chicago.

I guess Vaughn had his shot and he's done, then. He's the highest paid assistant coach in basketball and is going to be working for a guy he's probably more qualified than, at least on a resume.
            No real opinion here on Vaughn. I just see the years at Orlando, which were bad, and they didn't look to improve. If he's that good, he'll get a chance somewhere. And if he's the highest paid assistant coach, has gotten a shot at HC prior, there's just not a lot to complain about.

It is incredibly odd that with all of the names out there, most of them black assistant coaches, the Nets hire Steve Nash. Didn't see it coming. Maybe we should have.
            Admittedly, my interest in the NBA has declined the last 5 years, so I'm just not aware of who is out there. I do know Nash though, and always thought he'd be a HC at some point. Always been fans of him and Charles (not that I see CB as HC material lol). Nash has a ton of options just because of his resume on the court, so not really surprised he didn't take the asst path. I don't think Isiah Thomas took the asst path either given his resume.

Comment

• Hear any rumblings on the next Pacers HC? All I've heard is D'Antoni is a possibility. Not sure if that gets me excited or not. Like YJ, except for the Pacers, I've not kept up with the NBA as much over the last few years

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                Hear any rumblings on the next Pacers HC? All I've heard is D'Antoni is a possibility. Not sure if that gets me excited or not. Like YJ, except for the Pacers, I've not kept up with the NBA as much over the last few years
                Read one article that mentioned D'Antoni, Mark Jackson, Bill Self, Kenny Actkinson, and David Vanderpool. Another that mentioned Reggie Miller, Becky Hammon, Davin Hamm, Vaughn, and Jason Kidd.

Sign me up for Jackson or Miller. Self would be interesting.

Comment

I'm aware of the CL.... Not sure if you're aware, but Nash was a 2 sport guys (3 if you count rugby), and has been in and around soccer his entire life (keep in mind he's Canadian). He's good friends with several INTL players (including one of my fav Italians), and also has worked out with (not to make the team, but to keep in shape IIRC) a MLS team (NY Bulls I think).

I know a bit about the guy, but so what? As I said, last time I saw him was on TV doing soccer analysis. Did anyone know he was working for the Warriors? He’s a head coach now. Life moves fast

No real opinion here on Vaughn. I just see the years at Orlando, which were bad, and they didn't look to improve. If he's that good, he'll get a chance somewhere. And if he's the highest paid assistant coach, has gotten a shot at HC prior, there's just not a lot to complain about.

Let’s keep track of the HC hires in the next few years. I’m looking forward to putting this theory to the test that a 45 year old got his one shot and should just live with being a well paid subordinate while recycled garbage will get second, third and fourth chances at HC jobs.

Admittedly, my interest in the NBA has declined the last 5 years, so I'm just not aware of who is out there. I do know Nash though, and always thought he'd be a HC at some point. Always been fans of him and Charles (not that I see CB as HC material lol). Nash has a ton of options just because of his resume on the court, so not really surprised he didn't take the asst path. I don't think Isiah Thomas took the asst path either given his resume.

I’d encourage you to read up on some of the young assistants out there building resumes. They’re mostly black guys and or younger.

Must be nice to have options. Beats having to coach in the CBA and being an assistant. Nothing against Steve Nash, but the hire sort of speaks to much of what is wrong with the hiring process to begin with.

Last edited by Rogue219; 09-04-2020, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Read one article that mentioned D'Antoni, Mark Jackson, Bill Self, Kenny Actkinson, and David Vanderpool. Another that mentioned Reggie Miller, Becky Hammon, Davin Hamm, Vaughn, and Jason Kidd.

Why Jackson and Miller, just out of curiosity?

I had to look up Jackson. Heís been in coaching Siberia since GS Warriors let him go. Heís only 55. I canít understand why he hasnít gotten another shot.

Miller would be a Steve Kerr type of hire. I donít know how to project his coaching acumen though.

On that list Iíd go Atkinson and Ham. Probably boring but not from an X and O perspective

Comment

I know a bit about the guy, but so what? As I said, last time I saw him was on TV doing soccer analysis. Did anyone know he was working for the Warriors? Heís a head coach now. Life moves fast
                      You seem to be snarky about his time spent on soccer. So what (like you said) if he spent time doing something he likes.

Letís keep track of the HC hires in the next few years. Iím looking forward to putting this theory to the test that a 45 year old got his one shot and should just live with being a well paid subordinate while recycled garbage will get second, third and fourth chances at HC jobs.
                      Anyone that gets their chance, should appreciate the chance. Very few get one. Not saying he shouldn't get another chance, but he's not owed anything. Teams that win, make money. And if teams think he can win, he'll get another shot.

Iíd encourage you to read up on some of the young assistants out there building resumes. Theyíre mostly black guys and or younger.

Must be nice to have options. Beats having to coach in the CBA and being an assistant. Nothing against Steve Nash, but the hire sort of speaks to much of what is wrong with the hiring process to begin with..
                      Honest question. Did you have the same problem when Isiah Thomas got a HC gig without ever coaching before? I'm going to guess no as you seem to be caught up in the white privilege narrative going on. I don't give a shit about color. Both Nash and Thomas had impeccable playing resumes, and both were thought to be very cerebral and articulate guys, not to mention detailed and ultra competitive. If you have a problem with Nash, you should have the same issue with Thomas. Do you? If you don't, you're part of the problem and need to check your hypocrisy. I'm not saying the hiring process can't improve, but this is not an instance of failure.

Comment

Why Jackson and Miller, just out of curiosity?

I had to look up Jackson. Heís been in coaching Siberia since GS Warriors let him go. Heís only 55. I canít understand why he hasnít gotten another shot.

Miller would be a Steve Kerr type of hire. I donít know how to project his coaching acumen though.

On that list Iíd go Atkinson and Ham. Probably boring but not from an X and O perspective
                        Miller and Jackson simply because of their Pacer background. I think that is important. I especially love Miller. He's my co-favorite of all time along with Larry Legend.

Comment

• Didn't jackson get let go from GSW after reports that he was a complete dickhead to everyone?
                          Prehistoric

Comment

• Going to be super cool to see what Steve Nash can do. Huge surprise hire, but he has an incredible mind. Ton's of off the court stuff, and definitely a good fit for today's NBA player.

Comment

No thank you. Heíd be better suited selling My Pillows for Mike Lindell. Motivating a team is not something heís capable of. Every time I hear him talk the yawns follow...

His booth counterpart Van Gundy - weíd be onto something then.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
                                Going to be super cool to see what Steve Nash can do. Huge surprise hire, but he has an incredible mind. Ton's of off the court stuff, and definitely a good fit for today's NBA player.
                                I think Nash is a great hire. Wish it were the Pacers.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Irish YJ;2192332]You seem to be snarky about his time spent on soccer. So what (like you said) if he spent time doing something he likes.

It was the last time I saw him doing anything. I like soccer. Iím not his lawyer or a relative. Iím simply stating the last time I recall seeing him publicly he was analyzing another sport and now heís an NBA head coach. Relatively speaking, I just havenít been keeping up with what heís been up to lately.

Anyone that gets their chance, should appreciate the chance. Very few get one. Not saying he shouldn't get another chance, but he's not owed anything. Teams that win, make money. And if teams think he can win, he'll get another shot.

Clearly heís not owed anything. Neither are the guys who keep getting hired over and over, but they find jobs. Itís who you know, not what you know

Honest question. Did you have the same problem when Isiah Thomas got a HC gig without ever coaching before? I'm going to guess no as you seem to be caught up in the white privilege narrative going on. I don't give a shit about color. Both Nash and Thomas had impeccable playing resumes, and both were thought to be very cerebral and articulate guys, not to mention detailed and ultra competitive. If you have a problem with Nash, you should have the same issue with Thomas. Do you? If you don't, you're part of the problem and need to check your hypocrisy. I'm not saying the hiring process can't improve, but this is not an instance of failure.[

I donít like Isiah Thomas as anything. Player, person, front office, nothing. So I guess your assumption there would be wrong because I didnít like the hire and I donít like him. Maybe some bias there, but yo me it seemed odd at the time. Line this. I flat out donít like him in any way. He got hired as a name. So while I think Steve Nash is a swell guy, I donít really get the hire. I assume he wanted the job and hope he makes the most of it. It leaves a lot of good candidates on the table for others still looking. Young white guys get passed over in other spirts too because theyíre not in the good ole boy network. This is a college football all board, so we all oughta know.

/QUOTE].

Comment

Miller and Jackson simply because of their Pacer background. I think that is important. I especially love Miller. He's my co-favorite of all time along with Larry Legend.
                                    I just think itís important theyíre good and on the cutting edge when it comes to their basketball IQ.

Having played for the franchise previously might be a plus, but the pool of candidates shrinks substantially if you look to check that box.

Comment

• Seeing the names of a lot of point guards in these coaching discussions. Different races, eras and levels of coaching experience.

Seems like that’s the overall driver maybe?

Lenny Wilkens coached 7 teams. Paul Silas coached 3 (his son should get an HC job one day). For the sake of fairness, the process seems to afford guys second and third chances whereas others don’t get a second shot ever.

Larry Brown coached 9 teams. ��

Comment

• See ya Bucks

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                          See ya Bucks
                                          *sigh*

Damn it.

Comment

It was the last time I saw him doing anything. I like soccer. Iím not his lawyer or a relative. Iím simply stating the last time I recall seeing him publicly he was analyzing another sport and now heís an NBA head coach. Relatively speaking, I just havenít been keeping up with what heís been up to lately.
                                            Point is, he checks a lot of boxes. If he weren't white, zero people would have a problem with it.

Clearly heís not owed anything. Neither are the guys who keep getting hired over and over, but they find jobs. Itís who you know, not what you know
                                            No team wants to lose, so I doubt they're purposefully hiring/recycling guys thinking they passed up other sure fire hires, just to recycle. A lot goes into decisions, and frankly we don't know why a guy like Vaughn gets passed up. His name is out there all over the place, so we know at least he's thought of. We also know he coached before for three years and never really improved the team over 0.300. Maybe he's just a great assistant, but doesn't get embraced by players as a HC? If he had incrementally improved Orlando over that three years, I could see a stronger case for him.

I donít like Isiah Thomas as anything. Player, person, front office, nothing. So I guess your assumption there would be wrong because I didnít like the hire and I donít like him. Maybe some bias there, but yo me it seemed odd at the time. Line this. I flat out donít like him in any way. He got hired as a name. So while I think Steve Nash is a swell guy, I donít really get the hire. I assume he wanted the job and hope he makes the most of it. It leaves a lot of good candidates on the table for others still looking. Young white guys get passed over in other spirts too because theyíre not in the good ole boy network. This is a college football all board, so we all oughta know.
                                            I never liked Thomas as a person either. I like him because he's an IU grad, but that's all. Point is, nobody screamed privilege when he went straight to the HC spot.

I just think itís important theyíre good and on the cutting edge when it comes to their basketball IQ.

Having played for the franchise previously might be a plus, but the pool of candidates shrinks substantially if you look to check that box.
                                            Pretty sure Nash checks the BB IQ box. Not sure anyone can look at his career as a player and think different. PG is considered the most cerebral position on the floor typically, and he was one of the best. Cutting edge, don't know, but I really doubt he's lost touch with the game.

Comment

See ya Bucks
                                              Yup, their collapse is worse than some of the Raptor collapses. Thought they'd get it together. Miami is clicking now.

Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                                              I think Nash is a great hire. Wish it were the Pacers.
                                              I would have been very happy with him.

Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                                              No thank you. Heíd be better suited selling My Pillows for Mike Lindell. Motivating a team is not something heís capable of. Every time I hear him talk the yawns follow...

His booth counterpart Van Gundy - weíd be onto something then.
                                              I'm not big on him either, but I would like someone with a winning Pacer's history. Indiana is just too small town to attract big talent, and that along with the franchise's unwillingness to spend big, just amplifies things. Really want someone that can potentially lure some folks, but also understands the town/history. I really don't care as long as they win.

Comment

• And most of all.

Go Houston....

Comment

Point is, he checks a lot of boxes. If he weren't white, zero people would have a problem with it.

No team wants to lose, so I doubt they're purposefully hiring/recycling guys thinking they passed up other sure fire hires, just to recycle. A lot goes into decisions, and frankly we don't know why a guy like Vaughn gets passed up. His name is out there all over the place, so we know at least he's thought of. We also know he coached before for three years and never really improved the team over 0.300. Maybe he's just a great assistant, but doesn't get embraced by players as a HC? If he had incrementally improved Orlando over that three years, I could see a stronger case for him.

I never liked Thomas as a person either. I like him because he's an IU grad, but that's all. Point is, nobody screamed privilege when he went straight to the HC spot.

Pretty sure Nash checks the BB IQ box. Not sure anyone can look at his career as a player and think different. PG is considered the most cerebral position on the floor typically, and he was one of the best. Cutting edge, don't know, but I really doubt he's lost touch with the game.
                                                  As it turns out, Kevin Durant hand picked Nash. So player leverage determined the hire of a coach with no experience for a team that will be in win now mode. I’m sure nothing can go wrong.

All I said was the pool of candidates is young and black, and you admitted you didnt know who was out there due to a half decade of declined interest. Shove whatever words into my keyboard from yours as you see fit, which you did already. Thomas, Kerr and Nash were all strange hires to me. Kerr walked into a roster that most anyone couldn’t have fucked up. Thomas got a Pacer team at the end. Nash gets a good roster, Two White guys, one black. Zero coaching experience among the 3.

Nash is white. Durant is black. The big gun got to pick the General.

The last word is yours on this. You should watch more games. It’s fun.
                                                  Last edited by Rogue219; 09-04-2020, 09:17 PM.

Comment

As it turns out, Kevin Durant hand picked Nash. So player leverage determined the hire of a coach with no experience for a team that will be in win now mode. I’m sure nothing can go wrong.

All I said was the pool of candidates is young and black, and you admitted you didnt know who was out there due to a half decade of declined interest. Shove whatever words into my keyboard from yours as you see fit, which you did already. Thomas, Kerr and Nash were all strange hires to me. Kerr walked into a roster that most anyone couldn’t have fucked up. Thomas got a Pacer team at the end. Nash gets a good roster, Two White guys, one black. Zero coaching experience among the 3.

Seems like it's superstar (Durant) privilege?

I'll watch some of the playoff games, but frankly my interest has declined. Too much politics and hypocrisy combined with the Pacer's mediocrity.... If the Pacer's FO would ever take personnel acquisition serious, that could change.

Comment

Insert: Mark Jackson

If I remember correctly, Kerr already had a Knicks offer on the table and maybe another when he accepted the GS job. They weren’t the only team who saw his coaching potential.
                                                      Last edited by Irish2155; 09-04-2020, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• lol Lakers

Comment

lol Lakers
                                                          I haven't watched any NBA since they returned and don't plan on tuning back in any time soon. This coming from a former Pacers season ticket holder.

That being said, I could care less who wins it all as long as it's not Lebron and the Lakers...

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                                                            I haven't watched any NBA since they returned and don't plan on tuning back in any time soon. This coming from a former Pacers season ticket holder.

That being said, I could care less who wins it all as long as it's not Lebron and the Lakers...
                                                            I really don't care, but like you, cheering against the Lakers. I guess if I had to cheer for a winner, it would be Houston or Boston now that the Pacers are out.

Several of my friends and family have had season tix for a long time. Several are not renewing, and the few that haven't decided are leaning that way too. They are all still pumped for the Colts though for the most part. My mother, who never missed a game (on TV), and even DVR'd them all, didn't really watch at all this year. It's sad because she really looked forward to the games and loved VO. I could tell she was still a bit sad when she read that Nate was fired. She liked him too.

Comment

• Giannis could be looking at Toronto or Miami next. Wow. Assuming he doesn’t sign and extension and explores options in FA in 2021 (when that offseason will be).

Lakers had 13 turnovers and missed a lot of open threes. Recipe for bad.

Sixers now being linked strongly with Lue. Once the Bucks are out, Darvin Ham should begin speed dating the interview process.

Timberwolves trading down rumors have begun.
                                                              Last edited by Rogue219; 09-05-2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• MIL/MIA game is fun.
                                                                OT, and now some foul challenge drama with less than a minute.

I really though MIA would pound them today, especially when Giannis went down.

Comment

• Gutsy Game 4 performance by the Bucks. Still their their coach is making incredibly questionable if not stubborn decisions. Those guys showed a little fortitube by forcing a Game 5.

The Raptor defense had more holes than the Iraqi Navy last night. Just awful.

I don't see Denver and Houston having enough gas in the tank to beat either L.A. team in a seven game series. Still very early. AD doesn't like playing the 5, but it helps the Lakers when he does.

Comment

• The Sacramento Kings are looking at the following candidates for basketball operations:

Timberwolves executive vice president Sachin Gupta
                                                                    Heat assistant general manager Adam Simon
                                                                    Nuggets GM Calvin Booth
                                                                    Pelicans GM Trajan Langdon
                                                                    Rockets assistant GM Monte McNair
                                                                    Former Hawks GM Wes Wilcox

Would need to get permission from anyone currently employed.

Comment

• Lakers' second half defense was awesome.

The Rockets entered this series 16-0 this season when shooting better than 40 percent from 3 in a game. They shot 40 percent or better from 3 the last two games and lost both.

Comment

Lakers' second half defense was awesome.

The Rockets entered this series 16-0 this season when shooting better than 40 percent from 3 in a game. They shot 40 percent or better from 3 the last two games and lost both.
                                                                        Watching Lebron play bully ball in the playoffs is one of life's great privileges.

Giannis really needs to get a jumper.

Comment

Watching Lebron play bully ball in the playoffs is one of life's great privileges.

Giannis really needs to get a jumper.
                                                                          lebron had some really impressive blocks in the 3rd that jump started that 4th quarter defense.

Rondo really provide a big spark for them outscoring Houston bench by himself.

Rockets were without House Jr. as well.
                                                                          Prehistoric

Comment

• Rondo has won all three games in this series, unfortunately one of them was for Houston, but Playoff Rondo nonetheless.

Turnovers killed the Lakers in Game 1 and in the first half last night. They have control of the series now and if they want to finish it off they need to mitigate the turnovers. Really is that simple.

Comment

• ESPN had a short story about the Pacers coaching search:

"San Antonio Spurs assistant coach Becky Hammon and former Sacramento Kings and Memphis Grizzlies coach Dave Joerger are among more than a dozen candidates who are expected to participate in a first round of virtual interviews for the Indiana Pacers coaching job, sources told ESPN.

The Pacers are embarking on a wide-ranging search that has included seeking permission to speak to several assistant coaches in the league, including the Spurs' Hammon and Will Hardy, Miami's Dan Craig and Chris Quinn, Dallas' Jamahl Mosley and Stephen Silas, Milwaukee's Darvin Ham and Charles Lee, Orlando's Pat Delany, Minnesota's David Vanterpool, Philadelphia's Ime Udoka, Brooklyn's Jacque Vaughn and Portland's Nate Tibbetts.

Pacers prez claims blame after latest playoff exit
                                                                              The Pacers dismissed coach Nate McMillan after consecutive sweeps in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. McMillan reached the playoffs in each of his four years as Pacers coach."

Give me Hammon all day. Learned from Pop, has coached the team in exhibition games. She'll be a coach sooner rather than later, unless she is Coach in waiting in SA.

Comment

• Saw Chauncey Billups' name come up regarding the Pacers job. Another point guard with no previous coaching experience that could jump right in. Interesting.

Once the Rockets go out, if they cut D'Antoni loose that could change things. Have to wonder where Billy Donovan ends up as well.

WE THE NORTH! Fanstastic Game 6 last night and a great result as nothing warms me more than seeing Boston teams get beat. Game 7 should be outstanding, but what a game it was last night between the Raptors and Celtics. Probably the best game played in the Bubble thus far.

Clippers should be wrapping it up on Denver now. KL was awesome last night. Not much else to be said.

Comment

• Jimmy Butler versus Marcus Smart in the East.

Lakers dispatch Houston. Pulling for Denver but it doesn’t matter. Lakers win the West

Comment

• Looks like Nuggets Clippers is going 7 lol. Nuggets are fun to watch.

Last edited by greyhammer90; 09-13-2020, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Denver has avoided elimination five times already. Let's hope for number six.

If Denver goes out, wonder how soon Wes Unseld Jr. gets hired as an HC and where (my money is on the Bulls).

D'Antoni out at Houston. Could be looking at Sixers next.

Comment

• Clippers better wake up or they won't even make the conference finals.

Heard a couple of weeks ago the Pacers were interested in D'Antoni along with Billups.

Comment

Clippers better wake up or they won't even make the conference finals.

Heard a couple of weeks ago the Pacers were interested in D'Antoni along with Billups.
                                                                                          Its got to be the Pacers right? The only other job I could see pursuing him is the 76ers, and I don't see Embiid or Simmons being built very well for his system.

Comment

Its got to be the Pacers right? The only other job I could see pursuing him is the 76ers, and I don't see Embiid or Simmons being built very well for his system.
                                                                                            D'Antoni's name came out as soon as McMillen was let go, so I kind of assumed he's the preference until today. Read on The Athletic that Pritchard is looking for someone younger who can better relate to the players and run up tempo.

Comment

Clippers better wake up or they won't even make the conference finals.
                                                                                              It's Game 7. If they need to be reminded of this, they're screwed already.

I think the Clippers edge this out, which would be fine because Denver going out moves the coaching carousel along a bit, but I hope Denver can pull it off.

Then go out to the Lakers in five.

Comment

D'Antoni's name came out as soon as McMillen was let go, so I kind of assumed he's the preference until today. Read on The Athletic that Pritchard is looking for someone younger who can better relate to the players and run up tempo.
                                                                                                Oh please no to D'Antoni. As a Knicks fan as well, I've already seen enough of him. His teams are always among the league's worse defensively.

Billups, however, is very interesting. I think he'd make a good NBA coach.

Comment

• Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Doc Rivers, L O Fricking L. Not sure who I dislike more, him or PG.

Couldn’t happen to a better group of turds.

Comment

• George left the Pacers because he said he couldn't win a title in Indy. Damn, he was right!
                                                                                                      Last edited by Irish#1; 09-16-2020, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X