No announcement yet.

Indianapolis Colts Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor on Twitter says Luck returning is a possibility. So far no one is buying the Twitter rumors as many "in the know" say they haven't heard anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
      Rumor on Twitter says Luck returning is a possibility. So far no one is buying the Twitter rumors as many "in the know" say they haven't heard anything.
      It's based on some likely fake texts stating that Luck is having a meeting with Irsay.
      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Does Andrew's phone allow for texting? Thought just rotary dial?

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
          Does Andrew's phone allow for texting? Thought just rotary dial?
          He doesn't even have a phone. He sends a raven.
          60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• I would be happy with Tua or Darnold but other than that I think anything else is a reach at QB. Wouldn't mind getting Mac Jones in the draft either.
            GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• Latest rumor is Wentz is a possibility and Eagles are asking the moon and the sun. Teams know they want to dump him. Nobody is going to give up much for him.

Comment

Latest rumor is Wentz is a possibility and Eagles are asking the moon and the sun. Teams know they want to dump him. Nobody is going to give up much for him.

Hold their beers.
                It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

Latest rumor is Wentz is a possibility and Eagles are asking the moon and the sun. Teams know they want to dump him. Nobody is going to give up much for him.
                  Heard they want a "Stafford-like deal," not sure if Wentz is on Stafford's level after the terrible season he has last year. You don't lead the league in INTs and warrant two first round picks. Agree the asking price is too high.
                  My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Stafford also didn't net 2 1st round picks. Stafford and taking on Goff's contract netted 2 1st round picks. Wentz's contract isn't way too big, but taking on 2 years of a $24 million cap hit for equivalent play of Mitch Trubisky? Nah that's not worth 2 1sts lol

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                      Stafford also didn't net 2 1st round picks. Stafford and taking on Goff's contract netted 2 1st round picks. Wentz's contract isn't way too big, but taking on 2 years of a $24 million cap hit for equivalent play of Mitch Trubisky? Nah that's not worth 2 1sts lol
                      Excellent point.

Comment

• I think Wentz is the best option left as far as available QBs. I don’t know that he’s a great option though. Is he the QB that would have won MVP a few years ago before the injury or is he the guy that led the league in picks last year? Clearly there was a bad relationship with him and the staff. Not sure whose fault that really was. He seems like a guy that will thrive with a change of scenery and talent around him. That said, I doubt the Colts would give up one first round pick let alone two. Nor should they. I could see two second round picks and some combo of later round picks.
                        60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• A 2nd for Wentz does sound about right. Dude got benched last year, and you're still paying him $24M. Anything more than a 2nd is overpaying imo, and if it weren't for Chicago also bidding, the Colts possibly could have made this deal happen already.

Comment

• Anyone who wants Mitchell needs their head examined. I would trade him for Wentz any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Indy is a team I like so wouldn't wish that on them. I would take a top 6 QB out of this draft before I took MT.

Goff deal is kind of nuts - wonder how much of that is pressured by salary cap going down this year. Rams paid Donald some silly money (worth it) - wonder if the reduced cap for 2021 flushed them out of the pocket.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                              Anyone who wants Mitchell needs their head examined. I would trade him for Wentz any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Indy is a team I like so wouldn't wish that on them. I would take a top 6 QB out of this draft before I took MT.

Goff deal is kind of nuts - wonder how much of that is pressured by salary cap going down this year. Rams paid Donald some silly money (worth it) - wonder if the reduced cap for 2021 flushed them out of the pocket.
                              Apparently Wentz was as accurate as Trubisky this year, at least per some advanced stats I saw. That's a big yikes for me.

I think the Goff deal is precisely because the Rams know they have a window, and Goff's ceiling was losing in the Super Bowl. Stafford is an upgrade at QB so it's worth it

Comment

• 1. Wentz
                                2. Darnold
                                3. Winston?

Is Dak available?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blazers46 View Post
                                  1. Wentz
                                  2. Darnold
                                  3. Winston?

Is Dak available?
                                  until he is tagged or signed Dak is technically a FA i believe.
                                  Prehistoric

Comment

Comment

• I don't see Jones letting Prescott go, so him wearing the horseshoe is unlikely. My issue with Wentz is he hasn't shown to be consistent. Part of that had to be his relationship with HC & GM. Reich was working with him at Philly when he won it, so it might work, but I would prefer to see the consistency. Of course if he was consistent, they wouldn't be shopping him around.

Comment

• From The Athletic

Carson Wentz and Colts: How much is Indy willing to give up?
                                        The mood on the inside is never as desperate as it seems on the outside.

Yes, the quarterback-needy Colts are weighing a move for Eagles QB Carson Wentz at the moment, but, according to those familiar with the Colts’ thinking, the team also is weighing other options at the position, and by no means is the pursuit of Wentz an all or nothing type gambit.

What this will come down to — with the Bears and other teams also reported to be involved — is trade compensation. An initial asking price for Wentz, according to one league source, was two first-round picks and an additional pick, similar to what the Lions recently received from the Rams for Matthew Stafford.
                                        I haven't read the entire article yet, but it sounds like the Colts won't give up what the Eagles are asking for.

Comment

From The Athletic

I haven't read the entire article yet, but it sounds like the Colts won't give up what the Eagles are asking for.
                                          Nor is anyone. Roseman would have accepted any deal for 2 1st round picks immediately and faxed the offer to the NFL HQ before the other team has time to think twice, but not even Ryan Pace was dumb enough for that. As suspected, the reports these past few days of Wentz's trade value has been coming solely from the Eagles.

I also saw where the Colts are weighing a trade for Matt Ryan. As an outsider, it's an intriguing thought, but if he couldn't win it all with a stacked offense in Atlanta back in 2016, why would he do any better in Indy without Julio? I like Matt Ryan, but I'm just not sure that he's enough to get over the hump for the Colts.

Comment

Nor is anyone. Roseman would have accepted any deal for 2 1st round picks immediately and faxed the offer to the NFL HQ before the other team has time to think twice, but not even Ryan Pace was dumb enough for that. As suspected, the reports these past few days of Wentz's trade value has been coming solely from the Eagles.

I also saw where the Colts are weighing a trade for Matt Ryan. As an outsider, it's an intriguing thought, but if he couldn't win it all with a stacked offense in Atlanta back in 2016, why would he do any better in Indy without Julio? I like Matt Ryan, but I'm just not sure that he's enough to get over the hump for the Colts.
                                            Listening to the radio, it sounds like there is still some discussions with the Eagles, but it would be a 2nd rounder and a later round pick or two.

Comment

Listening to the radio, it sounds like there is still some discussions with the Eagles, but it would be a 2nd rounder and a later round pick or two.
                                              Adam Schefter saying it's a done deal. Wentz to the Colts.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDohio View Post

Adam Schefter saying it's a done deal. Wentz to the Colts.
                                                Just read an article on The Athletic. Not a bad price. Ballard is a stud GM.
                                                Wentz is on his way to Indianapolis, traded Thursday by the Eagles in exchange for a third-round pick this spring and a second-round pick next spring that could turn into a first, depending on his playing time in 2021, a league source confirmed.
                                                Give the lack of offensive talent in Philly and that the HC and GM were at odds with each other this might be perfect for Wentz to get back on track. Especially under Reich. Would rather have this than Brissett back.
                                                Last edited by Irish#1; 02-18-2021, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• Hey something big Indy Is actively going after JJ watt, Vonn Miller, and resigning Justin Houston Ballard is making this a massive priority

Comment

• Guy that made the leak has been the one predicting tom Rathman retirement, the rivers retirement and the most recent predictions/leaks

Comment

• Originally posted by brick4956 View Post
                                                      Hey something big Indy Is actively going after JJ watt, Vonn Miller, and resigning Justin Houston Ballard is making this a massive priority

I'd be happy if we resigned Houston. Very good value. He's still productive, and has stayed healthy. Watt has missed more games in the past 2 years than he's played IIRC. I'm not against bringing him in, but not for anything close to what he would have made this year (17.5m). And certainly not if we're not bringing back at least one of the two (Houston/Autry). With only 43ishM in cap space only 2 early picks this year, 6-7 starter holes that are FA, and 5 of those high paid positions, I just think Watt is a luxury with a high degree of risk. Overall, I'd pass.
                                                      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• The problem with that is Watt surely wants to go to a "contender", right? And no offense to Indy, but Wentz is definitely closer to a lottery ticket than a sure thing. You absolutely push for Watt, but it would surprise me if he chooses Indy, especially since I doubt Ballard offers the most money.

Comment

• Heard on the radio that Watts won’t be getting anything near what he used to get. Situational pass rusher instead of
                                                          a A lot of snaps might work.

Comment

The problem with that is Watt surely wants to go to a "contender", right? And no offense to Indy, but Wentz is definitely closer to a lottery ticket than a sure thing. You absolutely push for Watt, but it would surprise me if he chooses Indy, especially since I doubt Ballard offers the most money.
                                                            Indy with an old Rivers was very close to going to the AFCCG.

I agree that Wentz has a scratch-off feeling to him, but I think it's more reality that he returns to 2019 form, than 2020 or 2017. And 2019 is good enough to compete.

And Watts, depending on his price, might be more a beggar than chooser. GB and Pitt really can't afford him as both are negative cap. Bills are in a cap zero situation and would have to cut to get him. Indy is probably the best team available with enough cap (top 10).

Honestly I'd prefer re-signing Autry and Houston over Watts anyway. He's old and a health disaster at this point over the last two years.

Comment

Heard on the radio that Watts won’t be getting anything near what he used to get. Situational pass rusher instead of
                                                              a A lot of snaps might work.
                                                              Yup. No way he gets close to 17.5. Any team that gave up that for situational guy with huge heath concerns is asking to be disappointed. Maybe he can stay healthy, but I sure wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

Yup. No way he gets close to 17.5. Any team that gave up that for situational guy with huge heath concerns is asking to be disappointed. Maybe he can stay healthy, but I sure wouldn't bet the farm on it.
                                                                At this stage in his career I would assume he's interested in playing for a team that has a shot at contending more than playing time which would put the Colts in play. I don't see him as a starter, but I'll take him if we can get him at a decent price. Reduced snaps may be what keeps him healthy.

I'm also for resigning Houston. He's been solid. Not sure how much gas in the tank Von Miller has, but an edge rusher is a big need.

Comment

At this stage in his career I would assume he's interested in playing for a team that has a shot at contending more than playing time which would put the Colts in play. I don't see him as a starter, but I'll take him if we can get him at a decent price. Reduced snaps may be what keeps him healthy.

I'm also for resigning Houston. He's been solid. Not sure how much gas in the tank Von Miller has, but an edge rusher is a big need.
                                                                  I think he'd "start", but would get heavy rotation. He's always been pretty good against the run, but I'd guess they'd use him mostly on 3rd, and situationally on 2nd. IIRC, Houston was used in the low 60ish% of snaps. I could see Watt getting 40-50ish.

I'd be all for him going to Indy, but only if we can cover all the other holes and not have to sacrifice for his contract.

Comment

• Given his injury history, I didn't think any team except maybe the Cowboys would overpay, but say hello to the Arizona Cardinals. Good for him, but he's not worth that much at this point in his career.

Comment

• What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Glad to have IR in Indy, but the Colts still need to bring in a legit guy, or at least bring Houston back.

Comment

• Not sure what the Colts strategy is. We have holes, we have money, we have no free agents. I’m confused what the plan is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blazers46 View Post
                                                                            Not sure what the Colts strategy is. We have holes, we have money, we have no free agents. I’m confused what the plan is.
                                                                            Just to clarify, just because we have cap space, doesn’t mean we have money. I have no idea concerning Irsay’s ability or willingness to bankroll this team

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post

Just to clarify, just because we have cap space, doesn’t mean we have money. I have no idea concerning Irsay’s ability or willingness to bankroll this team
                                                                              Irsay has shown the willingness to spend. Ballard doesn’t appear to want to make a splash with the early FA signing period because teams tend to overpay for short term solutions. Especially the older FA’s. His strategy is to build through the draft then supplement with a few FA’s.

Comment

Irsay has shown the willingness to spend. Ballard doesn’t appear to want to make a splash with the early FA signing period because teams tend to overpay for short term solutions. Especially the older FA’s. His strategy is to build through the draft then supplement with a few FA’s.
                                                                                Agreed. My comment was more made out of speculation that COVID had some kind of significant financial impact on the Colts or on other teams

Comment

• Jordan Fuller would be nice

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post

Agreed. My comment was more made out of speculation that COVID had some kind of significant financial impact on the Colts or on other teams
                                                                                    Hadn’t thought about that.

Comment

• TY signed up for another year. Per The Athletic article, he turned down a multi-year offer with more money from the Ravens. Will make $10M with $8M of it guaranteed.

Comment

• Sammy Watkins visited Indy yesterday. What if

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                                          Sammy Watkins visited Indy yesterday. What if
                                                                                          That would be a nice duo. Given the timing of the visit, I wonder if Sammy visiting motivated TY to sign? Did they bring Sammy in because they weren't sure TY was going to sign? Now that TY has signed are they still interested in Sammy? Inquiring minds..........

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                          X