No announcement yet.

Chicago White Sox... The thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This team needs help, and I think you have the GM to provide you that this month. This team is in win now mode because your chairman and manager are both old enough to be running for POTUS these days. Your farm system has graduated to the Majors now and there really isn't anything down there. So if your farm is depleted and you're in win now mode, there is no reason not to go out and get what you need. Second base and another reliever would be top of the list. A cheap utility guy that can pick the ball up and field it clean might also be a good thing.

They also need to get healthy and that's getting closer to happening with each passing day.

The key is going to be when this team is in a situation of a close game, will the manager be sober enough to not do something stupid, because thus far he's done some really stupid things.

So get the trade deadline help, get healthy and overplay the stupid things the dinosaur manager seems to like to do when he's making decisions. Granted, this is someone who TWICE risked the lives of others by driving drinky, so maybe don't hold your breath.
    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• DBacks didn't have 2B Eduardo Escobar in the lineup yesterday. Interesting.

Reports are the Pirates are asking for the moon on Adam Frazier.
      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
        DBacks didn't have 2B Eduardo Escobar in the lineup yesterday. Interesting.

Reports are the Pirates are asking for the moon on Adam Frazier.
        https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/wh...ondbacks-trade

Comment

• I say go for it. They have to. They're in win now mode and the DBacks will probably jettison him for fringe players. Pirates should do the same with Frazier but it sounds like they're asking a lot.

Do not give up Vaughn, Kopech or Crochet for anyone though.

Comment

I say go for it. They have to. They're in win now mode and the DBacks will probably jettison him for fringe players. Pirates should do the same with Frazier but it sounds like they're asking a lot.

Do not give up Vaughn, Kopech or Crochet for anyone though.
            I doubt we're looking for anything more than a one year rental in the infield so if the PIrates are asking a lot for Frazier, it's not going to happen. If the Dbacks will give him up without getting any major league talent that you mentioned in return, I'd make the move too.

I haven't seen him mentioned as it relates to the Sox but maybe they can work out a deal with Texas for Gallo. He would solve some problems this year and going forward - he's a better option than anythign else we have in RF. We could go into the last month fo the season with Eloy/Vaughn in left (DH the one not playing LF), Robert in center and Gallo/Engel in right field. That gives you some freedom to play Leury Garcia at 2nd base. If Engel is someone you would rather have in the lineup over Leury, Gallo can play 3rd and Moncada could move to 2nd.

I'm guessing they'll ask for a ton in return so Hahn will have to get creative to pull it off.\

I'm not sure how that impacts the cap this offseason. Rodon and Lynn are both free agents. They need both of them or someone that can throw the ball effectively if you want this team to get to the next level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post

I doubt we're looking for anything more than a one year rental in the infield so if the PIrates are asking a lot for Frazier, it's not going to happen. If the Dbacks will give him up without getting any major league talent that you mentioned in return, I'd make the move too.

I haven't seen him mentioned as it relates to the Sox but maybe they can work out a deal with Texas for Gallo. He would solve some problems this year and going forward - he's a better option than anythign else we have in RF. We could go into the last month fo the season with Eloy/Vaughn in left (DH the one not playing LF), Robert in center and Gallo/Engel in right field. That gives you some freedom to play Leury Garcia at 2nd base. If Engel is someone you would rather have in the lineup over Leury, Gallo can play 3rd and Moncada could move to 2nd.

I'm guessing they'll ask for a ton in return so Hahn will have to get creative to pull it off.\

I'm not sure how that impacts the cap this offseason. Rodon and Lynn are both free agents. They need both of them or someone that can throw the ball effectively if you want this team to get to the next level.
              https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/pittsbur...frazier-20301/

Frazier's contract might not be for the White Sox. He's going to arbitration in 2022 and with the season he's having, he's going to get a raise. He becomes an UFA in 2023. He's 29 years old.

He's not a rental, but putting him into that lineup in Chicago with this team for the next couple of years wouldn't be the worst thing. They just don't have the farm system to make a move like this. Everyone has graduated from their farm and they'd have to give up some guys who are in the Majors now. I doubt they want to do that. On paper, such a great fit.

Pirates may want to shop Frazier to some teams with a deeper farm that need a second baseman.

Comment

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/pittsbur...frazier-20301/

Frazier's contract might not be for the White Sox. He's going to arbitration in 2022 and with the season he's having, he's going to get a raise. He becomes an UFA in 2023. He's 29 years old.

He's not a rental, but putting him into that lineup in Chicago with this team for the next couple of years wouldn't be the worst thing. They just don't have the farm system to make a move like this. Everyone has graduated from their farm and they'd have to give up some guys who are in the Majors now. I doubt they want to do that. On paper, such a great fit.

Pirates may want to shop Frazier to some teams with a deeper farm that need a second baseman.
                100% agree with this. I would assume Rutherford is on our trade block as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southside Sully View Post

100% agree with this. I would assume Rutherford is on our trade block as well.
                  He's a fringe prospect. What can you expect to get in return for him?

Comment

He's a fringe prospect. What can you expect to get in return for him?
                    Escobar, and rutherford will be paired with someone else im sure.

Comment

Escobar, and rutherford will be paired with someone else im sure.
                      Escobar is a rental. That might work, but as a rental at 32 years old and at his money, you may not even have to give up Rutherford.

Comment

• Adam Eaton has been designated for assignment.

Wise move.

Comment

• It's both insanely impressive and ridiculously frustrating seeing this team 8 games ahead going into the final series before the break.

Impressive because they're doing it without half of their full-strength lineup.

Frustrating because Cleveland has lost 9 in a row and the Sox couldn't really capitalize that much off of it.

This division is ripe for the taking. With Baltimore before the break, then they have 2 four-game series with the Twins and Royals mixed in with 3-gamers against the Astros and Brewers.

Cleveland has the Royals before the break, so the Sox need to make sure the momentum is kept against a horrible O's squad. After the break though, Cleveland has a brutal stretch, with the A's, Astros, Rays and a mini-series with the Cards before the series with us.

The playoff train is falling off the track in Cleveland. The Sox just have to keep things afloat and hold out until the reinforcements return from the IL.
                          It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• I think this team is going to win the AL Central. They need some help to get far in the postseason. What they look like and what they do from August 1st on is what is going to matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post
                              It's both insanely impressive and ridiculously frustrating seeing this team 8 games ahead going into the final series before the break.

Impressive because they're doing it without half of their full-strength lineup.

Frustrating because Cleveland has lost 9 in a row and the Sox couldn't really capitalize that much off of it.

This division is ripe for the taking. With Baltimore before the break, then they have 2 four-game series with the Twins and Royals mixed in with 3-gamers against the Astros and Brewers.

Cleveland has the Royals before the break, so the Sox need to make sure the momentum is kept against a horrible O's squad. After the break though, Cleveland has a brutal stretch, with the A's, Astros, Rays and a mini-series with the Cards before the series with us.

The playoff train is falling off the track in Cleveland. The Sox just have to keep things afloat and hold out until the reinforcements return from the IL.
                              They're 7-3 in their last 10 and doubled up on their division lead. I'll take it given the injuries and how they were playing against the Astros, Pirates and Mariners.

They don't even have half of their lineup. The lineup yesterday had three guys who were opening day starters, Anderson, Engel and Abreu, and Engel just got back from an injury.

Larussa has taken a lot of heat both here and in the media but he's keeping this thing together. Maybe he's lucky. Maybe he's pushing the right buttons.

Comment

They're 7-3 in their last 10 and doubled up on their division lead. I'll take it given the injuries and how they were playing against the Astros, Pirates and Mariners.

They don't even have half of their lineup. The lineup yesterday had three guys who were opening day starters, Anderson, Engel and Abreu, and Engel just got back from an injury.

Larussa has taken a lot of heat both here and in the media but he's keeping this thing together. Maybe he's lucky. Maybe he's pushing the right buttons.
                                Garcia, Mendick, Hamilton, Goodwin and Mercedes in the lineup have performed above their projections so far this year. Carlos Rodon has been spectacular. The guys who have been called up like Vaughn, Burger and Sheets have also done well.

I don't know how much credit can be given to LaRussa for that, nor would I blame him for the fact that this team still has a hard time picking the ball up and fielding it from time to time.

They need to get some help this month without giving up any assets. Don't make a stupid James Shields trade. I think this GM knows what he's doing and will make a couple of good moves to bolster the roster without giving up anyone good. Do not trade Andrew Vaughn. He's going to be a very good player.

Comment

Garcia, Mendick, Hamilton, Goodwin and Mercedes in the lineup have performed above their projections so far this year. Carlos Rodon has been spectacular. The guys who have been called up like Vaughn, Burger and Sheets have also done well.

I don't know how much credit can be given to LaRussa for that, nor would I blame him for the fact that this team still has a hard time picking the ball up and fielding it from time to time.

They need to get some help this month without giving up any assets. Don't make a stupid James Shields trade. I think this GM knows what he's doing and will make a couple of good moves to bolster the roster without giving up anyone good. Do not trade Andrew Vaughn. He's going to be a very good player.
                                  I tend to agree.

They're not trading Vaughn. He seems like a Beurhle, konerko, abreu type of guy they will keep for a while. I haven't heard any rumors but maybe they'd be willing to deal Burger or even Sheets. I don't see a long term spot for Burger on this team with Moncada and Madrigal being young and locked up for a while. If Vaughn is the future at 1B, does that make Sheets expendable? I'm not sure I would give him up at this point.

Comment

I tend to agree.

They're not trading Vaughn. He seems like a Beurhle, konerko, abreu type of guy they will keep for a while. I haven't heard any rumors but maybe they'd be willing to deal Burger or even Sheets. I don't see a long term spot for Burger on this team with Moncada and Madrigal being young and locked up for a while. If Vaughn is the future at 1B, does that make Sheets expendable? I'm not sure I would give him up at this point.
                                    Vaughn. Burger. Madrigal. Sheets. What they all have in common is that they were drafted by the organization and were college bats. That's quite a turnaround from when Kenny Williams was running this team. Rick Hahn has done incredibly well since given the keys. Kenny Williams wanted to draft Singer instead of Madrigal. They more or less told him to leave the room.

Sheets has pedigree and a pretty good bat as it turns out. Maybe Vaughn stays in left and Sheets takes over at first for Abreu down the line. That would mean Eloy goes to DH.

I think they need to sit Eloy down and have a long chat with him about not being so reckless. He is said to be starting a rehab assignment in Winston Salem tomorrow. He doesn't like to DH. That's fine, but if he's going to play LF he's going to have to be a lot smarter and less reckless than he's shown to this point. It is the one outfield spot where you want a bat and don't require Gold Glove defense, but you need someone there to at least be average. With the injuries already piling up at 24 as well, he needs to take care fo his body.

Surely Burger and Sheets are up now and teams are looking at them, especially anyone the White Sox have been in contact with recently. Second base, right fielder, catcher and a reliever seem like the key needs right now.

Comment

Vaughn. Burger. Madrigal. Sheets. What they all have in common is that they were drafted by the organization and were college bats. That's quite a turnaround from when Kenny Williams was running this team. Rick Hahn has done incredibly well since given the keys. Kenny Williams wanted to draft Singer instead of Madrigal. They more or less told him to leave the room.

Sheets has pedigree and a pretty good bat as it turns out. Maybe Vaughn stays in left and Sheets takes over at first for Abreu down the line. That would mean Eloy goes to DH.

I think they need to sit Eloy down and have a long chat with him about not being so reckless. He is said to be starting a rehab assignment in Winston Salem tomorrow. He doesn't like to DH. That's fine, but if he's going to play LF he's going to have to be a lot smarter and less reckless than he's shown to this point. It is the one outfield spot where you want a bat and don't require Gold Glove defense, but you need someone there to at least be average. With the injuries already piling up at 24 as well, he needs to take care fo his body.

Surely Burger and Sheets are up now and teams are looking at them, especially anyone the White Sox have been in contact with recently. Second base, right fielder, catcher and a reliever seem like the key needs right now.
                                      I could see Burger being traded and ten years from now he'll end up having better numbers than Moncada.

Comment

I could see Burger being traded and ten years from now he'll end up having better numbers than Moncada.
                                        Considering Moncada is their best position player right now, that would be quite a feat, on top of Burger having two ruptured achilles and being 25 years old only just now getting his shot at being a bench player on the 25 man.

His impact in the Majors is probably going to be minimal. He's a great story, seems like a good kid, but I don't know what he's really going to do long term that is impactful. He's going to need a chance and finally get the reps before there is even a remote chance he does anything close to what Moncada is doing.

Comment

• From the General Baseball Thread:

Love that the Sox got Wes Kath in the 2nd. Goes to school with my kid at Desert Mountain and was supposed to play for my buddy at ASU.

Dude can rake with a sweet lefty stroke. Batted just under .500 & had 11 HR in 24G for the 5A State Champs.

Here's a wild one:

Sox 1st round pic Colson Montgomery, a 6-3 HS SS was originally expected to play basketball but his baseball career passed his hoops future. Montgomery bats left, throws right in baseball scored 1966 points in his HS career... left handed. That's wild & wacky stuff.

Sox took basically the same guy in the first and second round.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
                                            From the General Baseball Thread:

Here's a wild one:

Sox 1st round pic Colson Montgomery, a 6-3 HS SS was originally expected to play basketball but his baseball career passed his hoops future. Montgomery bats left, throws right in baseball scored 1966 points in his HS career... left handed. That's wild & wacky stuff.

Sox took basically the same guy in the first and second round.
                                            Is this good or bad?

Comment

• Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post

Is this good or bad?
                                              That he shoots left, throws right or that they took the same guy with the 1st & 2nd picks?

Comment

That he shoots left, throws right or that they took the same guy with the 1st & 2nd picks?
                                                1st pick is more athletic and will stay at SS i bet.. 2nd rounder from HS i bet grades to the outfield in the future. Great picks by the org, want depth at these positions as the current corp ages out and gives a little time for these to develop.. With this seasons injuries can never have enough depth of athletes who can be multi dimensional.

Comment

1st pick is more athletic and will stay at SS i bet.. 2nd rounder from HS i bet grades to the outfield in the future. Great picks by the org, want depth at these positions as the current corp ages out and gives a little time for these to develop.. With this seasons injuries can never have enough depth of athletes who can be multi dimensional.
                                                  I read that the 1st rounder will likely fill out and get moved to 3rd. Who know's though.

Comment

• I've read they are both bound for 3rd though each will try to stick at SS.

Comment

That they took the same type of player in 1st & 2nd.

Comment

• Definitely different than their rebuild drafts. First two were HS picks and then they went balls to the wall on college pitching.

Comment

Definitely different than their rebuild drafts. First two were HS picks and then they went balls to the wall on college pitching.
                                                          This was the first time they took a HS kid in the First since Courtney Hawkins in 2012.

Comment

This was the first time they took a HS kid in the First since Courtney Hawkins in 2012.
                                                            That's a good thing.

Anderson, Rodon, Collins, Burdi, Burger, Madrigal, Vaughn and Crochet are all contributing now. Carson Fulmer was bad. Imagine if they had taken Walker Buehler instead.

About has perfect as you can be. Burdi and Burger have had injuries. Drafting college players has been instrumental in their rebuild.

Comment

• White Sox:
                                                              Reinstated LHP Aaron Bummer from the 10-day injured list;
                                                              Recalled RHP Reynaldo López from Triple-A Charlotte;
                                                              Optioned RHP Matt Foster and LHP Jace Fry to Charlotte;
                                                              Sent INF/OF Jake Lamb on a rehabilitation assignment to Charlotte.

Comment

• Reynaldo is either to market him for a trade or someone else is banged up need to eat innings.. What a downward spiral hes been on.

Comment

• Carlos Rodon...who would've thunk it?

This guy has been absolutely unstoppable this year. Easily the best comeback story of 2021 and if it wasn't for Lance Lynn, he'd probably be the Cy Young favorite right now.

1 hit short of a perfect game against the top ranked offense in the league. Impressive doesn't do it justice.
                                                                  It's Just a Ride.

Comment

Carlos Rodon...who would've thunk it?

This guy has been absolutely unstoppable this year. Easily the best comeback story of 2021 and if it wasn't for Lance Lynn, he'd probably be the Cy Young favorite right now.

1 hit short of a perfect game against the top ranked offense in the league. Impressive doesn't do it justice.
                                                                    He's going to get paid this winter.

At this point, I think if the season ended today he'd be the AL Cy Young winner. Gerrit Cole a distant second.

Comment

He's going to get paid this winter.

At this point, I think if the season ended today he'd be the AL Cy Young winner. Gerrit Cole a distant second.
                                                                      I'm not so sure he's going to get a massive deal.

Yeah, he's pitching out of his mind right now, but teams are going to be hesitant to give him big money or sign him long-term because of his injury history.

As for the Cy Young, I'd say as of now, it's Lance Lynn's to lose.
                                                                      It's Just a Ride.

Comment

Yeah, he's pitching out of his mind right now, but teams are going to be hesitant to give him big money or sign him long-term because of his injury history.

He's gonna get a deal the sox can't afford.. Kopech will be next years rotation. I know this from speaking directly to someone in the front office. They love Rodon, but if he gets a 4 year deal anywhere he's going to take it. Sox will offer him 2 years max, is what I was told.

Comment

I said he's going to get paid, not anything about a massive deal. He turns 29 in December. The White Sox extended Lance Lynn a few days ago and he's 34. With this team, it seems like guys get rewarded if the chairman likes him. What's Rodon's status with the front office? They drafted him, brought him back this year, he's dealing for them in most starts. He started their third game after the All Star Break.

I think when all is said and done, if he remains healthy these next two months and keeps performing like he's been, someone is going to give him a couple of years and some nice coin. At minimum. Pitching is still a premium right now until the next shift in the game. They can incentivise his deal. He's the first guy two throw a no hitter AFTER Tommy John surgery (which was in 2019).

Depends on who is doing the voting. Numbers wise, ESPN favors Cole where Lynn and Rodon are about the same. Fangraphs favors Rodon then Cole, Evoldi, Lynn. Baseball Prospectus is Cole, Rodon, Glasnow, Bieber. They are not inclined to just give this to a guy on a division leader anymore, but you could assume that maybe Lynn and Rodon split a certain vote while Evoldi gets nodded because the Red Sox are in first and the Yankees are in 4th. With two months left, there is still time for guys to rise and fall with each start.

Comment

He's gonna get a deal the sox can't afford.. Kopech will be next years rotation. I know this from speaking directly to someone in the front office. They love Rodon, but if he gets a 4 year deal anywhere he's going to take it. Sox will offer him 2 years max, is what I was told.
                                                                            Sounds right. Kopech is still on a rookie deal, right?

I don't know if anyone offers him four years, but I bet some would go to three for grins.

What's in the pipeline? Lynn and Keuchel aren't getting any younger.

Comment

• Really like Rodon and what he's done this year is a great story but I'm not sure they should give him a four year deal, even if they could afford. He's still young but he has had a history of injuries and I'd question whether this level of success can be sustained.

I would hate to see him walk, but like you mentioned, they'll have Kopech ready to take his spot. The kid has been dominant out of the pen and he's got elite stuff (56ks in 38 innings with a 1.64 ERA). If he can pitch anywhere close to this level as a starter, the rotation of Lynn, Kopech, Gio, Keuchel and Cease, should be enough to make deep playoff runs.

The other factor may be Crotchet. He hasn't looked as dominant this year as he did in 2020 but I have to imagine they plan on building up his stamina so he can move into the rotation sooner rather than later. Kopech and Crotchet both have electric stuff - if Katz can develop them, they'll be a tough team to handle in 2022 and beyond.

Anyway, TA is red hot, Abreu and Moncada are heating up, and Eloy and Robert should be back soon. It's going to be fun to watch this team down the stretch.

Steve Stone really may be pyschic. Last Friday, if I'm not mistaken, Stoney said Moncada is going to start hitting HRs after he ripped a double to drive in a run. Since he made the comment, Moncada has gone yard the last three nights. He did something similar last year with Eloy.

Benetti seems to think so, at least to some extent.

I can't link to the Sun Times story b/c I don't have a subscription but during the interview Benetti told an outrageous story about Stoney pulling out a piece of paper in the midst of Giolito pitching a no hitter against the Royals. He writes something on the paper and turns it face down so nobody can read what's written.

Giolito takes the no hitter into the 7th, gets the first batter out and then Alex Gordon breaks it up with a single. Stoney filps the card over after the hit and it says something like Alex Gordon is going to break up the no hitter. Benetti couldn't believe his eyes.

There are other stories about him that are similar in nature. Wild stuff.
                                                                              Last edited by BobbyMac; 07-21-2021, 02:09 PM. Reason: Oops... Hit the Edit button instead of Quote

Comment

Really like Rodon and what he's done this year is a great story but I'm not sure they should give him a four year deal, even if they could afford. He's still young but he has had a history of injuries and I'd question whether this level of success can be sustained.

I would hate to see him walk, but like you mentioned, they'll have Kopech ready to take his spot. The kid has been dominant out of the pen and he's got elite stuff (56ks in 38 innings with a 1.64 ERA). If he can pitch anywhere close to this level as a starter, the rotation of Lynn, Kopech, Gio, Keuchel and Cease, should be enough to make deep playoff runs.

The other factor may be Crotchet. He hasn't looked as dominant this year as he did in 2020 but I have to imagine they plan on building up his stamina so he can move into the rotation sooner rather than later. Kopech and Crotchet both have electric stuff - if Katz can develop them, they'll be a tough team to handle in 2022 and beyond.

Anyway, TA is red hot, Abreu and Moncada are heating up, and Eloy and Robert should be back soon. It's going to be fun to watch this team down the stretch.

Steve Stone really may be pyschic. Last Friday, if I'm not mistaken, Stoney said Moncada is going to start hitting HRs after he ripped a double to drive in a run. Since he made the comment, Moncada has gone yard the last three nights. He did something similar last year with Eloy.

Benetti seems to think so, at least to some extent.

I can't link to the Sun Times story b/c I don't have a subscription but during the interview Benetti told an outrageous story about Stoney pulling out a piece of paper in the midst of Giolito pitching a no hitter against the Royals. He writes something on the paper and turns it face down so nobody can read what's written.

Giolito takes the no hitter into the 7th, gets the first batter out and then Alex Gordon breaks it up with a single. Stoney filps the card over after the hit and it says something like Alex Gordon is going to break up the no hitter. Benetti couldn't believe his eyes.

There are other stories about him that are similar in nature. Wild stuff.
                                                                                Kopech should be stretched out and he'll have 2022 spring training. Watching him pitch is fun. It seems like he's so good he's almost bored.

Crochet doesn't seem consistent. Yet.

I recall Steve Stone from the WGN days. Good Twitter follow. He seems like an enlightened old school guy, which truly is the best of both worlds when it comes to announcers. I thought Ken Harrelson was absolutely awful. He was a cheerleader who told stories about Yaz. Couldn't handle that guy.

Comment

• Ya Kopech, Cease and Giolito are all on rookie deals... So they have more time with the first 2, only 2 years left of Gio.. He's going to want to test the market and has been pretty vocal about players taking long term deals early and devaluing the market. Doesn't mean he is leaving means he wants his worth. Which is fair.. These teams have so much money.

Comment

Ya Kopech, Cease and Giolito are all on rookie deals... So they have more time with the first 2, only 2 years left of Gio.. He's going to want to test the market and has been pretty vocal about players taking long term deals early and devaluing the market. Doesn't mean he is leaving means he wants his worth. Which is fair.. These teams have so much money.
                                                                                    Yet they all cry poor and don't spend it. Yankee fans still feel they're entitled to every good player (free agent or trade), though.

It's been 18 years since I bought Moneyball at an outlet mall Walden Books in the middle of nowhere. The Revolution was televised. Everyone is running their teams the same way and everyone is trying to find the next loop hole to exploit where they can gain more value for less. Typically bet your money on Oakland, Tampa or Cleveland.

Chicago has a lot of these guys locked up already, yes? Anderson, Moncada, Eloy, Robert. They won't be able to keep them all and some of these guys are pretty good, so they'll get money. It's a vicious cycle.

Comment

Kopech should be stretched out and he'll have 2022 spring training. Watching him pitch is fun. It seems like he's so good he's almost bored.

Crochet doesn't seem consistent. Yet.

I recall Steve Stone from the WGN days. Good Twitter follow. He seems like an enlightened old school guy, which truly is the best of both worlds when it comes to announcers. I thought Ken Harrelson was absolutely awful. He was a cheerleader who told stories about Yaz. Couldn't handle that guy.
                                                                                      The most difficult adjustment Kopech will have to make aside from stamina to pitch 100 plus is pitching when he doesn't have his best stuff. It's unrealistic to assume he's going to take the mound every five days and throw his best stuff. He's going to have some nights where it's not there and he's going to have to adjust and find ways to get outs. He had issues with command last night and gave up a homer before striking out the side, which was nice to see. I agree with you regarding Crotchet, he's got some work to do but he's only 22. He's a 6'6'' left that can consistently throw 100mph and could potentially sign a 400 million dollar deal in the near future if he can establish himself as a top of the rotation pitcher. Pretty good motivation.

We've discussed Hawk here more than a few times. I understand why he rubbed some people the wrong way but I loved him and he's the main reason I'm a Sox fan. Nobody in my family watched baseball so I could have easily followed the Cubs over the Sox. Most people do. I went with the Sox b/c I enjoyed listening to Hawk. Watching Big Frank bat with what looked like a toothpick next to gigantic frame didnt hurt either. I dreaded the day he stopped calling games but I enjoy Stone and Benetti just as much. I consider myself lucky to watch these games with the three of them over the last 20 years and hope the Sox can keep them both in the booth for a while.

Comment

If he gets 4 years, so be it.

But that's going to be a very tough sell for teams to invest that many years to a guy who hasn't been able to stay healthy and has missed significant time every season from 2016 until 2020.
                                                                                        It's Just a Ride.

Comment

The most difficult adjustment Kopech will have to make aside from stamina to pitch 100 plus is pitching when he doesn't have his best stuff. It's unrealistic to assume he's going to take the mound every five days and throw his best stuff. He's going to have some nights where it's not there and he's going to have to adjust and find ways to get outs. He had issues with command last night and gave up a homer before striking out the side, which was nice to see. I agree with you regarding Crotchet, he's got some work to do but he's only 22. He's a 6'6'' left that can consistently throw 100mph and could potentially sign a 400 million dollar deal in the near future if he can establish himself as a top of the rotation pitcher. Pretty good motivation.

We've discussed Hawk here more than a few times. I understand why he rubbed some people the wrong way but I loved him and he's the main reason I'm a Sox fan. Nobody in my family watched baseball so I could have easily followed the Cubs over the Sox. Most people do. I went with the Sox b/c I enjoyed listening to Hawk. Watching Big Frank bat with what looked like a toothpick next to gigantic frame didnt hurt either. I dreaded the day he stopped calling games but I enjoy Stone and Benetti just as much. I consider myself lucky to watch these games with the three of them over the last 20 years and hope the Sox can keep them both in the booth for a while.
                                                                                          I enjoyed watching Frank Thomas hit. He was fantastic. Average, OBP, Power. He could do anything. Should've won a couple more MVP awards too.

Wish he could have finished out that 1994 season. Wish that season could have finished out for a lot of reasons, though.

Comment

• Woof.

Rough series. I know a split doesn't seem bad, but with the way the starters pitched in that series, a split is incredibly disappointing, especially against the freakin' Twins.

Pressure's on in Milwaukee. Can't let Cleveland back in this.
                                                                                            It's Just a Ride.

Comment

Woof.

Rough series. I know a split doesn't seem bad, but with the way the starters pitched in that series, a split is incredibly disappointing, especially against the freakin' Twins.

Ya.. in my opinion Heuer needs to go down to AAA. Sox were spotted scouting the RedBirds last night for relief help.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...is-latest-buzz

Comment

Woof.

They're going to win the Central. It's a matter of by how many games and who is on the roster when they clinch it.

Comment

Ya.. in my opinion Heuer needs to go down to AAA. Sox were spotted scouting the RedBirds last night for relief help.

He blew up last night. It happens. You stil want him over Marshall, Ruiz and Foster. Most relivers are inconsistent. They have two plus pitches and were likely starters at one point who eventually failed at that. Heuer should be trusted more than those other three guys. https://www.fangraphs.com/players/co...tion=P&season=

They absolutely need relief help if they can acquire it for min. cost. A backup catcher would be nice too.

Comment

He blew up last night. It happens. You stil want him over Marshall, Ruiz and Foster. Most relivers are inconsistent. They have two plus pitches and were likely starters at one point who eventually failed at that. Heuer should be trusted more than those other three guys. https://www.fangraphs.com/players/co...tion=P&season=

They absolutely need relief help if they can acquire it for min. cost. A backup catcher would be nice too.
                                                                                                    Sniffing around Yadi I heard, no italics.. Do not want but if its cheap, sure.

Comment

Heuer's fine. As Rogue said, he got blown up last night, but he had been solid for a while up to that point.

He had given up 4 hits and 0 runs in the previous 9 appearances. He's been one of the better relief guys.

They do need relief help, because guys like Marshall and Ruiz are almost entirely useless right now.
                                                                                                      It's Just a Ride.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X