Chicago White Sox... The thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
    Rockies are probably throwing in the towel.

White Sox should inquire about German Marquez. He would go from THE hitters park to an AL hitters park that is closer to sea level than Denver.
    Rumors are they are sniffing around Charlie Blackmon

Comment

• I think the Twins are back in front now for this division based on the recent moves they've made. It's close, but I still have them as the favorites.
      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• So this Eloy guy needs to DH full time, but you have Abreu/Vaughn/Grandal who are also going to get DH at bats.

Abreu's eventual retirement is the only way you can stick Eloy at DH for good. He makes Manny Ramirez look like Torri Hunter.
        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Ya this is a kick square to the balls. Get healthy young man. In other news, Oscar Colas coming sox way in January. #AllTheCubans
          https://twitter.com/JRFegan/status/1...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Comment

• They have that market cornered.

Comment

• Well done and much deserved #55

Comment

• Now Luis Robert is out 12-16 weeks? Ugh. Injuries are really hitting these guys, and early too.

Also sounds like LaRussa's decision making is proving his critics correct. Again, I didn't understand the hire other than he's pals with the chairman of the team and what this chairman says goes. From a baseball 2021 vantage point is makes absolutely no sense, and the guy is making bad choices that are costing them games.

Hopefully no one forces their front office to panic. They don't need to start trading away assets when they are set well for the long term with the players they have.

This Mercedes guy has been absolutely a joy a watch hit.

Comment

• RIP 74 and 88

Comment

This Mercedes guy has been absolutely a joy a watch hit.

Comment

• No Jimenez, no Robert, Giolito and Keuchel pitching like end of rotation starters. Yet still, they're rolling.

Comment

No Jimenez, no Robert, Giolito and Keuchel pitching like end of rotation starters. Yet still, they're rolling.
                        EminentSizzlingFalcon-size_restricted.gif

Comment

• 2005 had a hell of a bull pen... this team has a pen from another planet. All gas, all the time.

There were 11 guys avg'ing a SO per inning last I checked. Come on man!

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                            2005 had a hell of a bull pen... this team has a pen from another planet. All gas, all the time.

There were 11 guys avg'ing a SO per inning last I checked. Come on man!
                            The 2005 team had multiple people who had career years and were never really heard from again, right? Didn't they have three different closers that year and it was Jenks in the end, who they pulled out of nowhere? Remarkable story.

I laugh when the old timers talk about "putting the ball in play" and "making contact." Tell you what, I'd love to have seen Mike Schmidt put a 94 MPH slider "into play". I'm sure it would've been no sweat.

Last year with Covid, I started noticing that just about everyone has a couple of guys in their pen now who you've never heard of that throw 98 MPH fastballs. It's crazy.

This team, though, seems to have guys that are competing for leverage and that's a great problem for a manager to have. With that many guys you can trust going into those late innings, it makes you that much more formidable.

Still can't believe what they're doing offensively without the two Cubans basically done for the year.

Comment

The 2005 team had multiple people who had career years and were never really heard from again, right? Didn't they have three different closers that year and it was Jenks in the end, who they pulled out of nowhere? Remarkable story.
                              Ozzie went from Shingo Takatsu closing games to Dustin Hermanson. Was a great move until Hermanson got hurt and then Jenks started closing games. Jenks had one or two decent years after 2005 and the other two never really played again, IIRC. Cotts and Politte and a few others I'm forgetting had career years and never did much after that season.

That team rode their starters in the playoffs more than any team I can remember in my lifetime. I think they got 7 plus innings from their starter every game with the exception of one, game 3 against the Red Sox when El Duque came out to get Freddy Garcia out of a bases loaded jam in the 6th inning.

Against the Angles their starters pitched 44 plus innings out of the 45 total that they played, including four complete games.

Starters weren't as dominant against the Astros in the WS, aside from a complete game gem by Garcia in game 4, but they got the job done and chewed up a ton of innings.

It was a remarkable story and a fun year overall.

Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                              I laugh when the old timers talk about "putting the ball in play" and "making contact." Tell you what, I'd love to have seen Mike Schmidt put a 94 MPH slider "into play". I'm sure it would've been no sweat.

Last year with Covid, I started noticing that just about everyone has a couple of guys in their pen now who you've never heard of that throw 98 MPH fastballs. It's crazy.

This team, though, seems to have guys that are competing for leverage and that's a great problem for a manager to have. With that many guys you can trust going into those late innings, it makes you that much more formidable.

Still can't believe what they're doing offensively without the two Cubans basically done for the year.
                              They are deeper than I thought, that's for sure. Yermin has been a great story, but I'm not sure if he can keep this pace going. Andrew Vaughn is another guy who has been hitting the piss out of the ball and playing both RF and LF. When they drafted this guy he was supposed to be a great bat and an average, at best, fielding 1st basemen. He's been surprisingly good in the field. Eaton has cooled off recently but he started the year hot and has contributed in Engel's absence.

The entire OF is injured, Eloy, Robert, Engel, Tim Anderson out for a couple weeks, Grandal batting .100, we're nearly dead last in the AL in total HRs, Giolito and Keuchel, the presumptive 1 and 2 starters are close to a 5.0 ERA and we have the best record in the majors with a +73 run differential.

Makes total sense.

Comment

Yep on the '05 pen.

Lefty Neal Cotts had a career year out of nowhere. ERA in the 1's. Cliff Polite also had a career year, 2.00 ERA but he had good years earlier in his career with Toronto and somewhere else. Viscaino and Marte ate innings at ERA's of 3.75ish. Dustin Hermanson was having a career year as a closer, 34 saves and 2.04 ERA...but got hurt right before the ALDS (and basically ended his career). That opened the door for Jenks as the closer in the post season. Jenks had a great rookie year even before becoming the closer with a 2.75 ERA and 50 K's in 39 innings after being called up in July. Jenks then went on a run over the next few years that included breaking the record for most consecutive retired batters at 41 and he did that over 14 appearances... Which Buerhle later broke with help of his perfect game.

Comment

• I remember that season pretty well. Still think it is funny that they were referred to as a "Small Ball" team when they collectively hit 200 HR.

Loved Konerko and Dye.

Jose Conteras was lights out that second half of 2005 and first half of 2006 as I recall. He was unreal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post

Ozzie went from Shingo Takatsu closing games to Dustin Hermanson. Was a great move until Hermanson got hurt and then Jenks started closing games. Jenks had one or two decent years after 2005 and the other two never really played again, IIRC. Cotts and Politte and a few others I'm forgetting had career years and never did much after that season.

That team rode their starters in the playoffs more than any team I can remember in my lifetime. I think they got 7 plus innings from their starter every game with the exception of one, game 3 against the Red Sox when El Duque came out to get Freddy Garcia out of a bases loaded jam in the 6th inning.

Against the Angles their starters pitched 44 plus innings out of the 45 total that they played, including four complete games.

Starters weren't as dominant against the Astros in the WS, aside from a complete game gem by Garcia in game 4, but they got the job done and chewed up a ton of innings.

It was a remarkable story and a fun year overall.

They are deeper than I thought, that's for sure. Yermin has been a great story, but I'm not sure if he can keep this pace going. Andrew Vaughn is another guy who has been hitting the piss out of the ball and playing both RF and LF. When they drafted this guy he was supposed to be a great bat and an average, at best, fielding 1st basemen. He's been surprisingly good in the field. Eaton has cooled off recently but he started the year hot and has contributed in Engel's absence.

The entire OF is injured, Eloy, Robert, Engel, Tim Anderson out for a couple weeks, Grandal batting .100, we're nearly dead last in the AL in total HRs, Giolito and Keuchel, the presumptive 1 and 2 starters are close to a 5.0 ERA and we have the best record in the majors with a +73 run differential.

Makes total sense.
                                    Ozzie pulled Freddy after he gave up a HR to Manny leading off the 6th and then Marte loaded the bases with all walks or a hit followed by tow walks... then El Duque cane in and performed the miracle. Was just telling someone that was the most intense thing I can remember in sports. Seemed like it took a half hour for him to get those three outs, it may have... it was over 20 pitches and El Duque put on a show.

You hit the nail on the head about the starters. That staff won't be confused with other HOF staffs that go down in history but I'd have to think really hard and dig deep to find anyone who matched that post season.

Thanks for adding Takatsu, I skipped that and it's important to tell that story and who Ozzie/Coop transitioned Hermanson from an 8th inning guy to closer over time. They shipped Takatsu off at some point after he sat in the pen for a while.

Comment

• I recall El Duque at Fenway in Game 3 was on a Friday if I'm not mistaken. I rememeber being at a pub watching that game and him getting out of the bases loaded jam. You did not want to give that Red Sox team any kind of lifeline whatsoever. It was a critical moment for them and they finished the three game sweep.

That team lost one game in the postseason? I doubt we see a run like that again soon.

Comment

I recall El Duque at Fenway in Game 3 was on a Friday if I'm not mistaken. I rememeber being at a pub watching that game and him getting out of the bases loaded jam. You did not want to give that Red Sox team any kind of lifeline whatsoever. It was a critical moment for them and they finished the three game sweep.

That team lost one game in the postseason? I doubt we see a run like that again soon.
                                        Game 1 vs the Angels and Hernandez pitched into the 9th down a run.

Anything's possible but I'm not betting on the field coming up with a better performance.

The only blemish was Jenks blown save in game 3 of the WS but that led to a great 14 inning game and I was on Kauai so it was more baseball at the beach cabana in the afternoon for me.

Comment

• So LaRussa got mad his player hit a 3-0 HR off a position player while ahead by many runs and it’s a thing now.

He actually apologized to the Twins.

Average median age of a baseball fan is 55. These unwritten rules are why.

These are pros getting paid.

Comment

• The Twins threw behind Yermin Mercedes last night because he homered the night before off of a position player who was pitching on a 3-0 count.

White Sox manager Tony LaRussa said after the game he was totally fine with the Twins deliberately doing this to his best hitter.

I guess no one should be surprised, but I figured maybe he'd get past Memorial Day before he lost his team. Best team in baseball and he's made it a clown show.

Comment

The Twins threw behind Yermin Mercedes last night because he homered the night before off of a position player who was pitching on a 3-0 count.

White Sox manager Tony LaRussa said after the game he was totally fine with the Twins deliberately doing this to his best hitter.

I guess no one should be surprised, but I figured maybe he'd get past Memorial Day before he lost his team. Best team in baseball and he's made it a clown show.
                                              Would they be the best team in baseball and have the best record without him though? His press clippings are a bit worse that they used to be but hard ass, old school, but good coaching La Russa was what he was with the Cardinals for years. Some players certainly didn’t like him but as long as the team is together as players the locker room is fine. Jim Edmonds, others who will publicly say they didn’t really like La Russa aren’t exactly returning their World Series rings anytime soon.

Comment

Ozzie pulled Freddy after he gave up a HR to Manny leading off the 6th and then Marte loaded the bases with all walks or a hit followed by tow walks... then El Duque cane in and performed the miracle. Was just telling someone that was the most intense thing I can remember in sports. Seemed like it took a half hour for him to get those three outs, it may have... it was over 20 pitches and El Duque put on a show.

You hit the nail on the head about the starters. That staff won't be confused with other HOF staffs that go down in history but I'd have to think really hard and dig deep to find anyone who matched that post season.

Thanks for adding Takatsu, I skipped that and it's important to tell that story and who Ozzie/Coop transitioned Hermanson from an 8th inning guy to closer over time. They shipped Takatsu off at some point after he sat in the pen for a while.
                                                And the only HOFer (that I can recall) on the regular season roster was left off the post-season roster. I can’t remember was Frank Thomas battling injuries to be left off? I know he left Chicago soon after the WS to wrap up his career in OAK & TOR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

Would they be the best team in baseball and have the best record without him though? His press clippings are a bit worse that they used to be but hard ass, old school, but good coaching La Russa was what he was with the Cardinals for years. Some players certainly didn’t like him but as long as the team is together as players the locker room is fine. Jim Edmonds, others who will publicly say they didn’t really like La Russa aren’t exactly returning their World Series rings anytime soon.
                                                  Yes he is responsible with some bad managing decisions for at least 4-5 losses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southside Sully View Post

I won’t pretend to have watched every Sox game but saying you’d be 29-12 which by a gap would be the best record in baseball without TLR seems like a bit unlikely. You’re attributing 25% of your losses to a manager because it’s always easy to pin a loss on the guy not on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

I think they bolstered the coaching staff around him and that's a huge reason why they are where they are in addition to their talent. Don Cooper was their pitching coach for nearly two decades. Hiring Ethan Katz was long overdue.

I think to this point Tony has cost them more games than he has won them. Now you have this situation, which anyone with a brain stem could have seen coming when they hired him, but I don't think I have ever seen a manager apologize for his player not really doing anything and then encouraging the opposition to throw at his player.

This is Chicago and Minnesota, too, which I thought was a pretty decent divisional rivalry as baseball rivalries go.

Looking forward to hearing from their front office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southside Sully View Post

There was one instance where he, nor anyone on his bench, knew a particular rule a few weeks ago?

Best record in baseball but it seems week after week they're making stories for the wrong reasons.

There is no way this guy has changed and frankly I have no idea how he can hold things together for them to win a World Series. His presence is absolutely mindboggling due to a hire that made absolutely zero sense to everyone but the chairman of team, who empowered his son to hire a competent front office for their NBA team and seem to have good days ahead.

Jerry should let Rick Hahn do his job and they should have a real manager, not some clown show.

So much for AJ Hinch's past with the Astros being a toxic distraction.

Comment

• Rocco Baldelli chose to use a position player to pitch so he could save his 6-8 relievers for the next game. This is old man, outdated nonsense we're dealing with and this bozo has made a mountain out of a mole hill. He basically said he took issue with Mercedes ignoring the take sign on 3-0 but he would have been able to swing on 3-1 if he hadn't been walked on four pitches.

This is ridiculous nonsense due to antiquated baseball thinking of a person who had no business being hired in the first place. LaRussa had a rep at one point of being a player's manager in the 80s. That ceased being the case in St. Louis for some reason. Nobody in their right mind would want a guy like this with a team like this in 2021. It's mental.

They're so fun as so many of us expected they would be. They're as good as they are fun, too. Their chairman did a very dumb thing hiring his friend, who the game has passed by.

Comment

Rocco Baldelli chose to use a position player to pitch so he could save his 6-8 relievers for the next game. This is old man, outdated nonsense we're dealing with and this bozo has made a mountain out of a mole hill. He basically said he took issue with Mercedes ignoring the take sign on 3-0 but he would have been able to swing on 3-1 if he hadn't been walked on four pitches.

This is ridiculous nonsense due to antiquated baseball thinking of a person who had no business being hired in the first place. LaRussa had a rep at one point of being a player's manager in the 80s. That ceased being the case in St. Louis for some reason. Nobody in their right mind would want a guy like this with a team like this in 2021. It's mental.

They're so fun as so many of us expected they would be. They're as good as they are fun, too. Their chairman did a very dumb thing hiring his friend, who the game has passed by.

While I've agreed with this take and the games he's lost have been pretty noticeable... Here we are, the best team in the AL without Jiminez & Robert.

What scares me most is... Bobby Knight's one of his best friends.

Comment

While I've agreed with this take and the games he's lost have been pretty noticeable... Here we are, the best team in the AL without Jiminez & Robert.

What scares me most is... Bobby Knight's one of his best friends.
                                                              There is the least shocking post I will read ever.

Jerry wanted this. He'd better hope that clubhouse holds together on and off the field. The 76 year old hired fresh off his second DUI is doing exactly what everyone thought. He can't believe he's being asked questions about this and doesn't understand why it's a topic. Shows he blatantly out of touch he and Jerry really are. I question why Rick Hahn stays there. He could go anywhere and do anything with his resume.

Implement a ten run mercy rule like high school and be done with it if these crusty old assholes can't handle their feelings being hurt or a new generation of player enjoying the sport at the professional rather than reverring it like "work."

The fact that this sport is still having to endure these kinds of situations is absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Rocco Baldelli chose to use a position player to pitch so he could save his 6-8 relievers for the next game. This is old man, outdated nonsense we're dealing with and this bozo has made a mountain out of a mole hill. He basically said he took issue with Mercedes ignoring the take sign on 3-0 but he would have been able to swing on 3-1 if he hadn't been walked on four pitches.

I fall somewhere in between on this one.

I hated the LaRussa hire, he definitely has cost them a few games, and I don't think he should have went after Yermin publicly. In fact, I don't agree at all with the logic that Yermin shouldn't be swinging for the fences. Whoever they had lobbing pitches out there didn't apologize for the two outs prior to Yermins AB so why the hell should Yermin not take a swing. If LaRussa wants to privately reprimand him for ignoring the sign, fair enough, but there is no reason to tell the media any of this. You can simply tell them that you'll handle it internally - next question. Tell Yermin not to ignore your signs and if you feel compelled, call Baldelli and tell him that he ignored your sign and you dealt with the issue. That's, that. And I can't think of a faster way to lose your team then to tell the media that you had no problem with the Twins throwing at one of your players. So dumb.

That said, I think some of this "old man nonsense" isn't all that bad for a young team that can win. Feel free to rip a players ass for flipping a bat, shitty on field demeanor, not running out a routine grounder, etc. I think that's fine and those small things are meaningful in terms of overall discipline, toughness, etc. And to be fair, despite being young and seemingly "fun", this team is relatively disciplined, very tough and extremely competitive. Does LaRussa play a role in that or is it just the character of the players on this team? I really don't know.

It seems like Abreu is the glue that keeps this team together. If he backs LaRussa this stuff is probably memory holed by August. If he loses Abreu, this could get real ugly.

Here's something I was pondering about the Yermin HR. What role does an incentive driven contract play in a situation like this? Let's say the Sox are down two runs and need a guy on the bases - of course the contract is irrelevant. You have to take and get on base. But this was a completely irrelevant pitch. Why should Yermin take if it could cost him money? Why wouldn't a manager let him swing away to make sure he meets goals to get paid?

Comment

So LaRussa got mad his player hit a 3-0 HR off a position player while ahead by many runs and it’s a thing now.

He actually apologized to the Twins.

Average median age of a baseball fan is 55. These unwritten rules are why.

These are pros getting paid.
                                                                  TLR can get bent for throwing Mercedes under the bus.

Comment

• Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post

TLR can get bent for throwing Mercedes under the bus.
                                                                    Agreed.

Baldelli and his pitcher should be fined and suspended. TLR took some heat off of them.

Comment

White Sox and the Irish building teams to win 2021 championships

Star date: 4-8-18

How could I have known they'd run 5*Phil off?

Comment

There is the least shocking post I will read ever.

Jerry wanted this. He'd better hope that clubhouse holds together on and off the field. The 76 year old hired fresh off his second DUI is doing exactly what everyone thought. He can't believe he's being asked questions about this and doesn't understand why it's a topic. Shows he blatantly out of touch he and Jerry really are. I question why Rick Hahn stays there. He could go anywhere and do anything with his resume.

Implement a ten run mercy rule like high school and be done with it if these crusty old assholes can't handle their feelings being hurt or a new generation of player enjoying the sport at the professional rather than reverring it like "work."

The fact that this sport is still having to endure these kinds of situations is absolutely ridiculous.
                                                                        Ehh... as a Sox lifer, I'm just gonna enjoy this till it's not enjoyable. As much as I see the warning signs, I also see a club who mirrors the Royals / Cubs / Astros rebuilds. The Sox bull pen is potentially historic, you can run their 3-4-5's out against anyone's 1-2-3 right now and their #6 is the best starter on the staff. Don't even need to talk about their #1 Offense.

Comment

Ehh... as a Sox lifer, I'm just gonna enjoy this till it's not enjoyable. As much as I see the warning signs, I also see a club who mirrors the Royals / Cubs / Astros rebuilds. The Sox bull pen is potentially historic, you can run their 3-4-5's out against anyone's 1-2-3 right now and their #6 is the best starter on the staff. Don't even need to talk about their #1 Offense.
                                                                          Agreed. I lost interest in most sports outside of ND and the Sox recently. I hate being inside in the summer so I added a TV to my outdoor setup last year and watched a lot of their games. Plan on getting comfy out there again this year with stone poney and Benneti.

Comment

I think this group of players in beyond unified and are something special. Hopefully Tony doesn't screw anything up for them that costs them big.

They should also maintain their assets long term and not do anything foolish as far as trades go. The two Cubans don't need to be rushed back this season, if at all.

Comment

Agreed. I lost interest in most sports outside of ND and the Sox recently. I hate being inside in the summer so I added a TV to my outdoor setup last year and watched a lot of their games. Plan on getting comfy out there again this year with stone poney and Benneti.
                                                                              My sentiments exactly. I've felt like both have been building something. The Sox are obvious and I expect at lest one title. ND keeps making the right moves and if Buchner's the guy, they'll get their chance in '23 / '24.

Following progress of the process is meaningful for me.

As far as the patio... Hung Cabana curtains up last weekend myself.

Comment

I think this group of players in beyond unified and are something special. Hopefully Tony doesn't screw anything up for them that costs them big.

They should also maintain their assets long term and not do anything foolish as far as trades go. The two Cubans don't need to be rushed back this season, if at all.
                                                                                Were you surprised TL didn't go after AP?

Comment

Were you surprised TL didn't go after AP?
                                                                                  No. He's not the GM. They have Abreu and Vaughn.

Comment

• Anyone know who has the best record in baseball? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Anyone know who has the best record in baseball? Asking for a friend.
                                                                                      Thanks Pump but I already knew.

Comment

Anyone know who has the best record in baseball? Asking for a friend.
                                                                                        TLR helping put the White Sox 5 beers ahead in the division!

We're chugging our way to the playoffs!

It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• Injuries galore and still rolling on.

I think they will need to get some bullpen help by the deadline to see this through. Rumor is Jerry DiPoto is already shopping his four best relievers from the Mariners' bullpen. This Rick Hahn seems like a smart fellow and I'm sure he'll have some moves before July 31st.

With Madrigal done for the year, maybe a call to the Pirates about Adam Frazier since he's making $4.3M a year and is on a one year deal. You can get him for next to nothing. Bat him second behind Anderson.

It's mid June and the two young Cuban OF are expected back by August/September. Things are looking up. Keep beating up the bad teams and win series against the good ones. 90+ wins are in sight.

Comment

• Sweep at Yankees and now a sweep at Astros. Best thing for them is to keep beating up the bad teams, wait to get healthy and get July trade help. Then hope your manager doesn't do as many dumb things as he is capable of.

Mercedes might need some time off or even some time in Charlotte. His trend down started before "the incident" and it would seem mechanical more than anything. Get the hitting coaches with him.

Still a very fun team that is going places. They just need to get their Cuban OF back and find some help on the trade market. They can package fringe prospects to Pittsburgh for Frazier and Rodriguez. Two birds with one stone.

Comment

• Ya thankfully its June not september. Amazing still what they are doing with all the injuries. Need to hunker down and get confidence back against the Pirates and beat up on them. Time for Hahn to go out and get one or 2 guys. I do like the Frazier call and wouldn't have to give up much.

Comment

• June:
                                                                                                Moncada: .216/.328/.314, 87 wRC+
                                                                                                Abreu: .186/.219/.300, 43 wRC+
                                                                                                Mercedes: .115/.164/.135, -14 wRC+
                                                                                                Eaton: .161/.235/.226, 33 wRC+
                                                                                                Vaughn: .226/.263/.396, 80 wRC+

Everyone is being bad at the same time.

Comment

• Really enjoy watching this team, but they have not really improved defensively in the last three years. I'd consider that troubling now that their World Series window appears to be opening.

Comment

Really enjoy watching this team, but they have not really improved defensively in the last three years. I'd consider that troubling now that their World Series window appears to be opening.
                                                                                                    The pitching staff has been atrocious defensively this year, that's for sure. I think the rest of the team will be fine once they get some people healthy. Getting Robert back will certainly help whoever is in left field, I'd take Vaughn over Eloy and DH Eloy this year.

Comment

The pitching staff has been atrocious defensively this year, that's for sure. I think the rest of the team will be fine once they get some people healthy. Getting Robert back will certainly help whoever is in left field, I'd take Vaughn over Eloy and DH Eloy this year.
                                                                                                      Yeah. Completely agree.

The fielding is nothing to write home about, but it looks loads better than it did 3 years ago.

The biggest gaff yesterday on defense came courtesy of Cease, because he can't field and execute a double play and then throws it off balance into the wall. Easily gave the Pirates 2 runs.
                                                                                                      It's Just a Ride.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X