The Official NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official NBA Thread

I didn't see an official thread for this, so here's my take on one.

The season has started! What are everyone's teams and what are your takes on this season?

I'm a big Bulls fan so I've been very pleased with the bench and Jimmy Butler's play. Of course, Derrick Rose continues to have nagging injuries, but at least he's not trying to play through them and injure himself even further.

It looks like all the top contenders have stumbled a little bit out of the gate. Heck, even the Spurs aren't looking like themselves.

And the Lakers suck.

This is probably the most open and exciting NBA season I've seen in awhile. A lot of contenders in both the East and West with a legitimate chance to win it all.

Toronto is shockingly good for how "bad" their parts look individually.

Comment

I listen to Bill Simmons' podcast and he's mentioned several times that he thinks Toronto will try to make a trade this year. Especailly since the Bulls and the Cavs have looked a lot weaker than anticipated.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
        This is probably the most open and exciting NBA season I've seen in awhile. A lot of contenders in both the East and West with a legitimate chance to win it all.

Toronto is shockingly good for how "bad" their parts look individually.

Toronto was good last year and should be better this. Plus Demar Derozen is a star.

Sent via tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
          Toronto was good last year and should be better this. Plus Demar Derozen is a star.

Sent via tapatalk
          Kyle Lowry is playing better right now. Heck, he may be playing better than any point guard in the NBA up to this point.

Comment

Has Derrick Rose lost his mind?

Comment

Kevin Garnett of Brooklyn Nets envisions someday owning Minnesota Timberwolves - ESPN New York
              "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

New piece by Zach Lowe Death to Ringz: Chris Paul and the NBA’s Broken Narrative of Success

I like Lowe's articles (and his podcast) more than anybody else writing about the NBA at this moment. But about the actual article: I'm surprised it's taken this long for CP3 to take much criticism. He's never gotten too far in the playoffs, and as the "best point guard in the league", he shouldn't be immune to criticism.

Of course, this criticism stems from the "Rings or Nah" method of evaluation. I'm not a huge proponent of it, but success in the playoffs is very important. For instance, Anthony Davis is playing better than anybody expected this year, and he's definitely putting up MVP numbers. However, if the Hornets don't make the playoffs, let alone get the standard 1 or 2 seed normally seen for the MVP, he's not getting anything other than maybe another MIP.

Lowe also talks a bit about the Bulls towards the end. I love it. Bulls look so good right now, and that's without Rose for just over the half the games.

Comment

@WojYahooNBA: Jabari Parker has informed teammates he has suffered a torn ACL in his left knee and will miss the rest of the season, sources tell Yahoo.
                  "I'm not a film evaluator"
                  - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

That's terrible. But I think they could really use one more lottery pick.

Also, Kings already firing their coach.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Boston&#39;s informed teams it&#39;s focused on completing deal with Dallas soon, closing on a package to send Rajon Rondo to Mavs, sources tell Y.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/545713320343666688">December 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
                      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BREAKING: Celtics agree in principle to deal sending Rajon Rondo to Dallas for Wright, Nelson, Crowder &amp; 2 picks. (via <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine">@ESPNSteinLine</a>)</p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/545714099074924545">December 18, 2014</a></blockquote>

I keep telling my friends that if Dallas refuses to invest in the draft and keeps picking up players who have already peaked or are peaking, they're going to end up like my Lakers. That said, Rondo is a major upgrade for them.

Comment

They need better 3 point shooting and more defense. Zach Lowe covered the potential trade and the fit with Dallas.

Comment

Considering Rondo was going to leave for nothing this is a good trade for the Celtics but I have to believe they could have got a better deal from someone else. That first rounder will be in the 20s and Brandon Wright is never going to be an All-Star.

Comment

Wish the Celts got more than that.

Rondo never seemed like he particularly wanted to be here for the long haul, but he is so fun to watch. Good luck to him in Dallas. Let the Marcus Smart era begin.

Comment

The bad part for the Celtics is that with a 7 game lead over Philly, even if they lose out they won't have the best lottery odds.
                                .....Before I Get Out

Comment

...What is going on with the Bulls right now? They have been in a major slump. Outside of a rally against Houston, they've been really bad. Barely beat two bad teams in Indy and Denver, got blown out by 2 very bad Nets and Jazz teams, and are getting eviscerated by the Zards right now. They need to get their heads on straight.
                                  It's Just a Ride.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kobe Bryant will have season-ending shoulder surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff on Wednesday, the Lakers say.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/559808318110441472">January 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

Comment

Cavaliers the #2 seed in the east and the Miami Heat on the verge of missing the playoffs. Wonder what happened there?

Comment

Thunder look like they won't make it this year. Tied w/ NO for the 8th seed but don't hold the tie breaker. Both have 2 games left, I believe 1 each with MIN.
                                        #TeamKizer

Comment

This has been a really great playoffs so far. Paul Pierce is still the truth.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                            This has been a really great playoffs so far. Paul Pierce is still the truth.
                                            Called game.

Also! Derrick Rose: Anti-Gun, Pro-Dagger

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                              Called game.

Also! Derrick Rose: Anti-Gun, Pro-Dagger
                                              I genuinely fell off my couch when he said that. His trash talk game has been Aces this playoffs. Really hoping the grizz can hang on here. We need to be up 2-1 to have any chance in the series I think.

Comment

Paul Pierce on Dennis Schroder calling his shot lucky: 'He's a little young'

Comment

Paul Pierce on Dennis Schroder calling his shot lucky: 'He's a little young'
                                                  Ha...LOL, that's great.

Comment

Grizz win! Pumped.

Comment

Damn, great second round. Both one seeds are down 1-2 on the road.

Comment

The Cleveland Lebron's are down 1-2 also.

Clips and Rockets will be fun as well.

Great playoffs indeed!!

Comment

Bulls gagging in the 4th so far. %#^*

Comment

The Official NBA Thread

FUCK. I was so excited to hear the media skewer Lebron for going 18-55 the last two games and throwing his team under the bus like it's their fault, now obviously the narrative changes.....

Comment

More like LeChoke amirite guys?!?!

...Guys?

Comment

More like LeChoke amirite guys?!?!

...Guys?

Can't miss them all, in his case, he could only miss 20 of them.....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
                                                                  Can't miss them all, in his case, he could only miss 20 of them.....
                                                                  Lol seriously though this was a terrible looking game by both sides. Watch us end up with a Washington Memphis finals. I'm pretty sure Silver would hang himself.

Comment

Lol seriously though this was a terrible looking game by both sides. Watch us end up with a Washington Memphis finals. I'm pretty sure Silver would hang himself.

I really hope the Grizzlies make it, and icing on the cake would definitely be the Hawks or Wiz.

Comment

FUCK. I was so excited to hear the media skewer Lebron for going 18-55 the last two games and throwing his team under the bus like it's their fault, now obviously the narrative changes.....
                                                                      when did he throw his teammates under the bus?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyND24 View Post
                                                                        when did he throw his teammates under the bus?
                                                                        He didn't. Steelhead's unfathomable hatred of Lebron is at Joakim Noah 2.0 levels.

He actually handled a really awkward question about Kyrie not having any assists in Game 3 of the series really well. Kyrie's face is worth it by itself.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/roKwNV64LYI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                                        Last edited by greyhammer90; 05-10-2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

The Official NBA Thread

He didn't. Steelhead's unfathomable hatred of Lebron is at Joakim Noah 2.0 levels.

Haha. His quotes in that ESPN article after The game one loss were quite dismissive of his teammates IMO, but I'm sure I just read it that way because he's a turd.

Comment

I'm sure I just read it that way because he's a turd.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              The Official NBA Thread

Why soil a perfectly good NBA thread with a picture of Brittney Griner?

Comment

• #40
                                                                                The NBA needs to change the rule for this intentional off the ball fouling. This is just brutal to watch.
                                                                                Last edited by KPENN; 05-10-2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Ever since the Clippers beat the Spurs they've looked damn scary.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Isn't the sloppy play to be expected on such short rest?

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                                                                                      Isn't the sloppy play to be expected on such short rest?
                                                                                      That's a good point. Both sides looked dead tired.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        The Cavs had no business winning that game, but what's that old saying about good teams finding ways to win game they should lose? Or something?

Bulls got too stagnant on offense in the 4th. Too much ISO ball, not enough running plays out of sets. They had them on the ropes and had them knocked down; for some reason, they lent a hand and helped them back up. It was as bad of a quarter as I've seen offensively in a long time.

The Bulls likely blew any chance they had at winning this series. This Cleveland team isn't nearly as good as the Miami teams, but it'll probably be good enough to win the East, even without Love. I highly doubt they're getting by whoever wins LAC/GSW (or Memphis).

I agree that the LAC are peaking and look like the team to beat. I'd be surprised if anyone but them wins at this point. DeAndre Jordan is about to get paid. He's the difference maker right now.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          NBA is ridiculous, LeBron takes 5 steps every time he touches the basketball.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by blueNDgold44 View Post
                                                                                            NBA is ridiculous, LeBron takes 5 steps every time he touches the basketball.
                                                                                            There was another dude that wore 23 years ago who did the same thing...can't remember his name.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Booslum31 View Post
                                                                                              There was another dude that wore 23 years ago who did the same thing...can't remember his name.
                                                                                              Every player does it......
                                                                                              #TeamKizer

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                                                                                Every player does it......
                                                                                                Well, that's true too.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Ugggggggggh. That's officially the series.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Ugggggggggh. That's officially the series.
                                                                                                    I think the Bulls win in Chicago and then a battle in Cleveland for game seven.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X