X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current ND Players in the NFL

Here's who I have after the first round of cuts (to 75):

Current NFL Roster Players (36) - 13 1st Strings, 13 2nd Strings
      • Michael Floyd - 1st String - RWR (Arizona)
      • John Carlson - 1st String TE (Arizona)
      • Troy Niklas - 3rd String - TE (Arizona)
      • Robert Hughes - 4th String FB (Arizona)
      • Prince Shembo - 2nd String - ILB (Atlanta)
      • JJ Jansen - 1st String LS (Carolina)
      • Jimmy Clausen - 2nd String QB (Chicago)
      • Tyler Eifert - 2nd String TE (Cincy)
      • Trevor Robinson - 2nd String C (Cincy)
      • Zack Martin - 1st string RG (Dallas)
      • David Bruton - 3rd String SS (Denver)
      • Golden Tate - 1st String RWR (Detroit)
      • Theo Riddick - 4th String RB (Detroit)
      • Louis Nix - DT (Houston)
      • Sergio Brown - 2nd String FS (Indy)
      • Sam Young - 2nd String ROT (Jax)
      • Anthony Fasano - 1st String TE (KC)
      • Ryan Harris - 2nd String ROT (KC)
      • Kona Schwenke - 3rd String RDE (KC)
      • John Sullivan - 1st String C (Minnesota)
      • Kyle Rudolph - 1st String TE (Minn)
      • Harrison Smith - 1st String FS (Minn)
      • Robert Blanton - 1st String SS (Minn)
      • Darius Fleming - 2nd String WLB (NE)
      • Jonas Gray - 4th String RB (NE)
      • Braxton Cave - 3rd String C (NE)
      • Bennett Jackson - 4th String RCB (NYG)
      • Dan Fox - 4th String MLB (NYG)
      • Darrin Walls -2nd String RCB (NY Jets)
      • Justin Tuck - 1st String LDE (Oak)
      • George Atkinson - 5th String RB (Oak)
      • Stephon Tuitt - 2nd String LDE (Pitts)
      • Manti Te'o - 1st String LILB (San Diego)
      • Chris Watt - 1st String ROG (San Diego)
      • Ian Williams - NT (San Fran)
      • Eric Olsen - 2nd String ROG (Tenn)

Injury Lists (3)
    • Kapron Lewis-Moore - IR, LDE (Baltimore)

• Zeke Motta - (Preseason) PUP, SS (Atlanta)
    • TJ Jones - (Preseason) PUP, WR (Detroit)

Cut (2)
    • Cierre Wood - 5th String RB (Baltimore)
    • Brady Quinn - 3rd String QB (Miami)

Anyone else? We can update this after the second round of cuts on August 30th
    Last edited by Legacy; 08-30-2014, 12:08 PM. Reason: Correct for Ian Williams, Louis Nix, Brady Quinn, George Atkinson, Troy Niklas, Jonas Gray,

Ian Williams is not on IR anymore he is playing.

Nix is off the PUP list

Since when is Eifert 2nd string?

Comment

That's a lot of guys who will probably make their team.

Comment

Jonas Gray is fighting for the 4th RB spot with Brandon Bolden in NE, not 2nd string. He's had a nice training camp and could be a surprise addition on the 53-man roster, but more likely a candidate for the practice squad if/when he gets let go.

Comment

I believe that Cierre Wood was cut yesterday.
          Originally posted by koonja
          I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
            Here's who I have after the first round of cuts (to 75):

Current NFL Roster Players (35) - 14 1st Strings, 12 2nd Strings
            • Troy Niklas - 1st String - TE (Arizona)
            • Prince Shembo - 2nd String - DE (Atlanta)
            • David Bruton - 3rd String SS (Denver)
            • Theo Riddick - 4th String RB (Detroit)
            • Sam Young - 2nd String ROT (Jax)
            • Brady Quinn - 3rd String QB (Miami)
            • Jonas Gray - 2nd String RB (NE)
            • George Atkinson - 6th String RB (Oak)

Injury Lists (5)
            • Ian Williams - IR, NT (San Fran)

• Zeke Motta - PUP, SS (Atlanta)
            • TJ Jones - PUP, WR (Detroit)
            • Louis Nix - PUP, DT (Houston)

Cut (1)
            • Cierre Wood - 5th String RB (Baltimore)

Anyone else? We can update this after the second round of cuts on August 29th
            I will admit that I am no expert on the Arizona Cardinals, but I would be very surprised to learn that they were starting two Tight Ends...

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
              Ian Williams is not on IR anymore he is playing.

Nix is off the PUP list

Since when is Eifert 2nd string?
              Eifert has always been 2nd string
              “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

Originally posted by kmoose View Post
                I will admit that I am no expert on the Arizona Cardinals, but I would be very surprised to learn that they were starting two Tight Ends...
                Yeah, I'm pretty sure Niklas is out with an injury.
                Originally posted by koonja
                I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Gresham and Eifert are essentially co-starters. It's rare for the Bengals to use any non-shotgun formation that doesn't include Eifert as a 2nd TE or lead H-back. If Gresham is on the field, you can bet Eifert is out there somewhere as well.

I'd be surprised if that doesn't change this year though. Ryan Hewitt from Stanford is making a name for himself as a fullback/H-back, so Gresham may find himself on the bench while Eifert plays strictly at TE (as long as Eifert can get healthy. He's been banged up since the middle of last season).

Also, isn't Shembo a potential starting ILB for Atlanta?

Comment

Very surprised to hear that Schwenke has passed the first round of cuts, he has been injured almost the entire summer and barely practiced/played.

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                      Eifert has always been 2nd string
                      My bad.

Comment

BTW, are you out for season being on the PUP? I do not know well how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by EuropeanDomer View Post
                          BTW, are you out for season being on the PUP? I do not know well how it works.
                          I believe teams have halfway through the season to declare if they will be put on IR for the rest of the year or are able to play. Not 100% sure though.

Comment

WELP

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It was short lived but I enjoyed every second. Thank you <a href="https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins">@MiamiDolphins</a> for the opportunity to play the game I love again. Best of luck to..</p>&mdash; Brady Quinn (@3rd_Goal) <a href="https://twitter.com/3rd_Goal/statuses/504334996996644864">August 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                            EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Lol I thought he signed a deal to be a commentator for some network?

Comment

Originally posted by #1rish View Post
                                Lol I thought he signed a deal to be a commentator for some network?
                                he did for fox, then got the invite and then got sent packing....feel bad for the dude that goes home to his gymnast wife and looks like he was greek god, has tons of money and oh yeah...
                                Last edited by PANDFAN; 08-26-2014, 01:39 PM.

Comment

My source:
                                  2014 NFL Depth Charts All Teams

Dates Updated for each team included.

Roster lists on NFL team sites and stats for preseason are helpful, if the above source seems inaccurate.

What was curious to me were the RB positions with the Patriots (2 positions? 8 RBs?).
                                  Last edited by Legacy; 08-26-2014, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Good source on PUP list differences and rules and IR

I believe teams have halfway through the season to declare if they will be put on IR for the rest of the year or are able to play. Not 100&#37; sure though.
                                    NFL PUP list, Injured Reserve, NFI List rules and the 2014 San Francisco 49ers

There's preseason PUP (Physically Unable to Perform):
                                    "The Active/PUP (Preseason PUP list) allows players who are unable to start training camp the ability to sit out until the medical staff provides clearance. Once they are medically cleared, they're allowed to practice immediately." (Quotes from article above)

"Second, there's the Reserve/PUP (regular season PUP list). Any player starting on the Active PUP list (and has not practiced) with the team becomes eligible for the Reserve/PUP at the end of training camp. Once a player practices during training camp, all PUP list options are off the table."

The Non-Football Injury List (NFI) - for non-football related injuries.

and, finally, the Injured Reserve list - "If the team decides to place a player on injured reserve, it must be a major injury. The NFL defines major injury as an injury that renders the player unable to practice or play football for at least six weeks -- or 42 calendar days -- from the date of injury."
                                    Last edited by Legacy; 08-26-2014, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                      <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It was short lived but I enjoyed every second. Thank you <a href="https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins">@MiamiDolphins</a> for the opportunity to play the game I love again. Best of luck to..</p>&mdash; Brady Quinn (@3rd_Goal) <a href="https://twitter.com/3rd_Goal/statuses/504334996996644864">August 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
                                      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                      Maybe Rams? He was their backup last year.

Comment

ND Players on the Bubble
                                        • Jonas Gray - 4th String RB (NE)
                                        • George Atkinson - 5th String RB (Oak)
                                        Last edited by Legacy; 08-29-2014, 02:44 PM. Reason: Atkinson to 5th string, Gray to 4th String

Comment

GAIII will be 5th now that Sheets is done for the season

Comment

Dan Fox and Bennett Jackson - NY Giants

Both are truly on the bubble, but have impressed.

Giants roster: Dan Fox could be surprise of linebacker group

Updated NY Giants 53-Man Roster Projections After Week 4 of Preseason

New York Giants: Who Makes the 53 Man Roster and Practice Squad

Comment

Projections of Bubble Players making the roster

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                                              Anyone have preseason snap count data? I have Schwenke's

Robert Hughes - 4th String FB (Arizona)
                                              Kona Schwenke - 3rd String RDE (KC) - 7 snaps in three preseason games (all in 1st game)
                                              Braxton Cave - 3rd String C (NE)
                                              Bennett Jackson - 4th String RCB (NYG)
                                              Dan Fox - 4th String MLB (NYG)
                                              George Atkinson - 5th String RB (Oak)
                                              Robert Hughes is projected to make the Cardinals roster (as well as Troy Niklas)

Arizona Cardinals 53-man roster projection before final preseason game "Their really isn't a question here (RB)"

Arizona Cardinals: Who stays on the roster? "Again not a hard choice (RB)"

Comment

It looks like both Zeke Motta and TJ Jones will transition from the Preseason PUP list (Active/PUP) to the regular season PUP list (Reserve PUP), if they have not officially been so designated already. They will miss the first six games.

Falcons safety Motta to miss at least six games with neck injury

Detroit Lions still hope rookie WR TJ Jones plays this year

Comment

Final Roster Cuts Coming In

Here are the ND Players in the NFL in groupings:

1st Team (15)
                                                  • Robert Hughes - 1st String FB (Arizona)
                                                  • Ian Williams - 1st String, NT (San Fran)

2nd Stringers (13)
                                                  • Prince Shembo - 2nd String - ILB (Atlanta) - on roster @63
                                                  • David Bruton - 2nd String SS (Denver)
                                                  • Louis Nix -2nd String, DT (Houston)
                                                  • Sam Young - 2nd str ROT (Jax) - on roster, @57

3rd and 4th Stringers - Should Make The 53 Man Roster(2)
                                                  • Troy Niklas - 3rd String - TE (Arizona)
                                                  • Theo Riddick - 3rd String RB (Detroit)

Sam Young and Eric Olsen deserve watching as well as David Bruton and Jimmy Clausen - but all are predicted to be on the 53 man rosters. Louis Nix and Ian Williams probably will not be put on any Injury lists.

Bubble(6)
                                                  • Jonas Gray - 3rd String RB (NE)
                                                  • George Atkinson - 6th String RB (Oak)

Injury List Players(3)
                                                  • TJ Jones - PUP, WR (Detroit)
                                                  • Zeke Motta - PUP, SS (Atlanta)

1st year ND players are in Italics.
                                                  Last edited by Legacy; 08-30-2014, 09:44 PM. Reason: Theo Riddick to 3rd string, Walls to 2nd String, Hughes to 1st String FB,Ian Williams to 1st string NT, Nix to 2nd string,

Comment

Clausen is 2nd string. Shembo is an ILB

Comment

BJax and Dan Fox cut. If they clear waivers they will probably be on the practice squad.

Comment

Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                        BJax and Dan Fox cut. If they clear waivers they will probably be on the practice squad.
                                                        You're a giants fan correct? How did they look when they when the played

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                          You're a giants fan correct? How did they look when they when the played
                                                          Dan Fox look pretty good actually. Jackson tackled well but couldn't cover anyone. So he basically played the same way he did in college.

Thought Jackson would make the team as a special teams guy.

Comment

In addition to Dan Fox and Bennett Jackson being cut (above),
                                                            Louis Nix looks secure at 2nd NT with release of Ricardo Matthews
                                                            Theo Riddick looks secure with release of Mikel Leshour
                                                            Denver is down to 5 safeties and have usually kept five, so David Bruton will probably make the roster>

Kona Schwenke has been cut by KC
                                                            George Atkinson will probably be cut by Oakland

Tennessee cut Justin McCray, who was behind Eric Olsen.

Comment

New England cuts Jonas Gray and Braxton Cave

All six Bubble players have been cut.

Bubble(6)
                                                              Kona Schwenke - 3rd String RDE (KC)
                                                              Braxton Cave - 3rd String C (NE)
                                                              Jonas Gray - 3rd String RB (NE)
                                                              Bennett Jackson - 4th String RCB (NYG)
                                                              Dan Fox - 4th String MLB (NYG)
                                                              George Atkinson - 6th String RB (Oak)
                                                              Last edited by Legacy; 08-30-2014, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Final totals after all roster cuts:

30 ND players made the rosters (15-1st string, 13 2nd String, 2 3rd-4th Strings)

3 Players on Injury lists

6 Players cut

(See above list)

Comment

Titans cut Olsen.

Comment

George Atkinson III made Raiders practice squad
                                                                    Could EA Sports NCAA Football make a comeback? Let us pray!

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Raider View Post
                                                                      George Atkinson III made Raiders practice squad
                                                                      Good for George, I hope he makes the most of it and sees time in the NFL.

Comment

The Official Blog of Notre Dame Athletics — Irish In The NFL - Who's Where

Comment

What do you guys think of any of our guys for Fantasy value? I think Floyd and Rudolph might break out this year. Tate should be serviceable as a #2 WR or flex option. Not sure what to make of Eifert and Carlson.

Need a team defense, would be nice to pick one with some Irish starters.

Comment

Schwenke, Fox, Jackson, Gray all signed to their respective team's practice squad.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                                                              What do you guys think of any of our guys for Fantasy value? I think Floyd and Rudolph might break out this year. Tate should be serviceable as a #2 WR or flex option. Not sure what to make of Eifert and Carlson.

Need a team defense, would be nice to pick one with some Irish starters.
                                                                              floyd as a backup wr depending on his start of season...he had the groin issue and i picked him up as a bench wr...took rudolph as well because according to some reading on a vikings site, they plan to use him more...he was a late late pick anyway...tate, has hot and cold games in terms of fantasy...eifert is in a 2 te system plus, #1 wr and running backs...less value for me

Comment

• #40
                                                                                I think Tate will flourish with Lions. With Megatron drawing double coverage, he'll get a lot more targets than he did in Seattle.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I think Tate will flourish with Lions. With Megatron drawing double coverage, he'll get a lot more targets than he did in Seattle.
                                                                                  SOOO many options though...bush out of backfield, Te's , calvin has had double teams for how long and is still producing insane stats

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Harrison Smith just with a 80-yard pick six against the Rams

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Fasano TD for the Chiefs and Rudy got one a little bit ago. Darrin Walls is playing a lot of corner for the Jets.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Rudolph has a td

Sent via tapatalk

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Darrin Walls left the disastrous game for the Jets with a knee injury.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Bumping an old thread, but thought this was noteworthy looking at Giants stuff:

5 standouts at Giants rookie minicamp include a top draft pick and tryout player | NJ.com

S Bennett Jackson ‐ Forget for a second that Jackson was playing an unfamiliar position and looked capable. He's being acknowledged more for running without pain or limitations seven months after a microfracture on his knee. Jackson looked explosive and healthy, and admitted even he's surprised there hasn't been much soreness after on-field workouts. These are all positives for the second-year cornerback-turned-safety, who has a good a chance as any to start at free safety Week 1.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Always thought his best position in the league might be safety. He has speed.but stiff hips.

Sent via tapatalk

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Darrin Walls had two Int's last night for the Jets off Tim Tebow throws
                                                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  TJ Jones caught a TD last night. Believe it is his first.
                                                                                                  "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    https://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/25/...atment-centers

A Tight End Takes a Chance in the Business of Healing
                                                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X