World Cup 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup 2014

I know there's an Everything Soccer thread, but thought the World Cup deserved it's own place. If the mods disagree feel free to merge.

We are less two hours away from the draw. I can almost see Sepp Blatter on stage surrounded by Carnival dancers for 35 minutes until we get to the actual draw.

Pots are listed below.

•Pot 1: Brazil, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Belgium, Uruguay and Switzerland
    •Pot 2: Chile, Ecuador, Algeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory Coast and Nigeria
    •Pot 3: Australia, Iran, Japan, Republic of Korea, Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico and USA
    •Pot 4: Portugal, Italy, Netherlands, Greece, England, Croatia, France, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Russia

Could see several "Groups of Death" drawn today.
    "Nine out of ten times it's an electric razor, but every once in a while..."

Originally posted by Mr. Larson View Post
    Could see several "Groups of Death" drawn today.
    Groups of Death played in Stadiums of Death. The Irony.
    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Lets hope our group is Switzerland, Algeria, and Greece

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
        From your mouth to God's ears. That definitely looks better than Brazil/Spain/Argentina/Germany, Ghana/Ivory Coast, Italy/Netherlands/England/France.

Although I wouldn't hate getting another shot at Ghana.

Comment

That's truly ideal, but my realistic hope is to stay away from brazil and argentina in pot 1, chile and ivory coast in pot 2, and Portugal and the dutch in pot 4.
          Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

The three teams I want no part of are Argentina, Germany, and Brazil. The next tier of teams I'd rather not play are Spain and Belgium. I would be cool with Colombia, Switzerland, or Uruguay.

So give us 1 of:
            Colombia, Switzerland, Uruguay
            Ecuador, ALgeria, Cameroon
            Greece, Croatia, Russia

I definitely think we are better than all those teams, maybe Uruguay is a little better than the USMNT.

Please, please, please, no group of death

Comment

Greece and USA are my squads, hoping for a good draw. Is this being shown live on tv?

Comment

I wouldn't mind getting England again and booting them in the group stage.

Comment

Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                  Greece and USA are my squads, hoping for a good draw. Is this being shown live on tv?
                  ESPN2 at 11:30

Comment

Hoping for something like:

Greece, Switzerland, Japan, Nigeria

USA, Russia, Algeria, Belgium

Comment

ITALIA! ITALIA! ITALIA!!!!

Comment

I want a shot at Ghana. I want to beat them. So excited for the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
                          That's truly ideal, but my realistic hope is to stay away from brazil and argentina in pot 1, chile and ivory coast in pot 2, and Portugal and the dutch in pot 4.
                          [IMG]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QJ882QYzr-M?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/IMG]
                          I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

Whoever is in charge of the VbPlaza, can we get an updated list of World Cup teams to purchase icons? Greece wasn't in the 06 Cup and that's the only one available right now.

Comment

Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                              Hoping for something like:

Greece, Switzerland, Japan, Nigeria

USA, Russia, Algeria, Belgium
                              While I think we would advance, I want no part of Belgium. They have a really good, young team. Not necessarily this World Cup, but I can see them contending in 2018.

Comment

I think USA is guaranteed Group G now

Comment

Come on Group H!

Comment

E would have great too...f*ck.

Comment

GROUP OF DEATH

Comment

LOL we are so done.............

Comment

Totally going to get Portugal... you watch...

Comment

Germany, Portugal, and Ghana. Ho Lee Fuk

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                              Totally going to get Portugal... you watch...
                                              Called it - WOW - this sucks

Comment

We can beat Ghana. We can. Portugal is a very beatable squad, too. I just don't wanna have to deal with CR7 obviously. No one is beating Germany in this group...

Comment

Sh*t that's a loaded group.

Comment

LOL fuck that shit... look at Group E & H.... what a joke

Comment

World Cup 2018!!! Let's start preparing!

Comment

“Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

Two years of Qualifying to have ping pong balls decide your fate. Sweet system.

Comment

Pretty much can book Argentina for the Round of 8 already. Theirs and France's groups are a joke
                                                            “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

Hang with Germany (not get killed) and get points against Port and Ghana... that's very doable... it could have been easier but it's not impossible.
                                                              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Honduras may go 3-0 group stage

Comment

Two years of Qualifying to have ping pong balls decide your fate. Sweet system.
                                                                  It's such a joke.

Group G: #2, #5, #14, #24... average = 11.25
                                                                  Group E: #8, #19, #23, #41... average = 22.75
                                                                  Group H: #11, #22, #26, #54... average = 28.25

I mean.... come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.............

Comment

Scare to even ask, but who did Mexaho draw???
                                                                    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                      Brazil, Croatia, Cameroon. Doable, but not easy for them.

Comment

Need to remember, there is always a group of death guys... really sucks that it hits us when the WC is in our time zone... but our boys were gonna get hit with it at some piont... shock one of Port or Germany... beat Ghana... and through... they can pull that off in South America.

Comment

Brazil, Cameroon, Croatia

Comment

Brazil, Cameroon, and Croatia...

We were best team in our pot (and, IMO, by a pretty large margin) and only Costa Rica got a worse draw. Yeah, that's fair.
                                                                            Last edited by IrishLax; 12-06-2013, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Need to remember, there is always a group of death guys... really sucks that it hits us when the WC is in our time zone... but our boys were gonna get hit with it at some piont...
                                                                              The thing is, there are three groups of death, and then three groups of absolute garbage.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Hang with Germany (not get killed) and get points against Port and Ghana... that's very doable... it could have been easier but it's not impossible.
                                                                                Get 3 points off of Ghana and anything can happen...as long as the other teams in the group beat up on each other. First match is key.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Can someone post the groups when they get a chance???

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Get 3 points off of Ghana and anything can happen...as long as the other teams in the group beat up on each other. First match is key.
                                                                                    I thoguht the same... idk if I want Germany first or last...

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I thoguht the same... idk if I want Germany first or last...
                                                                                      We have Ghana first, Portugal second, Germany last. That is the only thing to set up favorably for us.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        We have Ghana first, Portugal second, Germany last. That is the only thing to set up favorably for us.
                                                                                        idk... if you need points to go through and your last game is against the Germans... that's tough

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Dutch to win it all.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            You have to think the first game is a must win... a draw or a loss and you just sit back and enjoy the rest of the games knowing there are only two more...

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              idk... if you need points to go through and your last game is against the Germans... that's tough
                                                                                              That's true, but I would rather start off positively. If we have 6 points going into Germany, 99% chance that game won't even matter.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by AdmiralBackhand View Post
                                                                                                Dutch to win it all.
                                                                                                I like Argentina simply because of it being in South America... Brazil will fold under pressure imo... Germany is the best team in the world for my money right now but again... I have to see a Euro team win it first...

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  That's true, but I would rather start off positively. If we have 6 points going into Germany, 99% chance that game won't even matter.
                                                                                                  very true..anyway, this has sparked my soccer fandom for the first time since our boys allowed that southern team back in it...

I see mass doses of FIFA 14 in my near future

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    This is actually perfect. I couldn't be happpier. We get revenge on Ghana, Klinsmann defeats the fatherland, and we make Ranoldo our bitch.

For real though, easily the hardest group. I thought every group would be tough considering how deep this world cup is but some are a joke. Seriously Nigeria (36 fifa world ranking), Iran (45) and Bosnia-Herzegovina (21) all together against Argentina? Messi better seize the damn opportunity to become a legend.
                                                                                                    .....Before I Get Out

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X