X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan Martin-Richie Incognito

Y! SPORTS

What is going on here...
    "And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

Not the best way to live up to that last name...
    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
      Not the best way to live up to that last name...
      Richie Oxymoron?

Comment

Incognito will never play another down in the NFL again, and I expect swift rule changes to be put in place by the NFL. You can't have an anti bullying campaign, and then allow things like this to happen.

Comment

his dad went onto a dolphins message board and was saying sh#t about martin and hoping the coaches die of aids etc...the family is messed up..

timeline:
          Winner of the Brian Murray Award as the best high school offensive lineman in Arizona, Incognito arrived at Nebraska as a prized recruit and earned a starting job as a redshirt freshman. He started 13 of 14 games at left tackle during the 2002 season. The one start he missed was against Iowa State, when Incognito was forced to sit out the first half after being ejected for fighting in a game against Penn State the week before.

The following spring, before his redshirt sophomore season, Incognito was suspended indefinitely by Huskers coach Frank Solich, for reasons that were never reported.

In February 2004, Incognito was charged with three counts of assault after a fight at a party. He was found guilty on one charge of misdemeanor assault and forced to pay a $500 fine.

Before his redshirt junior season, Incognito was suspended by Bill Callahan for repeated violations of team rules. Two weeks later, Incognito withdrew from the university. He later enrolled at Oregon, but was dismissed from the program after only one week. "There were conditions we had set down and set forth for him to be admitted to our program, and they were not met," then–Oregon head coach Mike Bellotti told The Oregonian. That spring, Incognito declared for the 2005 NFL draft
          During his five-year stretch with St. Louis, Incognito had several run-ins with fans, teammates, coaches, and opposing players. There were reports of fights with teammates during training camp, but most of the controversy around Incognito stemmed from his confrontations with opponents. Incognito’s temperament and style of play earned him a reputation as one of the league’s dirtiest players, a title that became quasi-official after a 2009 Sporting News player poll declared him exactly that. Later that season, Incognito was benched by head coach Steve Spagnuolo after incurring two personal fouls in the first half of a game against the Tennessee Titans. He was released two days later.

In August of this year, it was reported that Incognito punched a hotel security guard at Liv night club following a Miami Heat playoff game, but later that month, NFL.com’s Jeff Darlington wrote that three witnesses maintained that Incognito was actually attempting to defuse the situation and was the one who reported the assault to police.

In that same story, published shortly after an on-field incident during which Texans defensive lineman Antonio Smith swung his helmet at Incognito during a preseason game, Incognito revealed many of the personal problems that he dealt with earlier in his career. "Pretty much every facet of my life was in turmoil, and I was basically waging war against myself at that time," Incognito said. He went on to tell Darlington that although he regularly smoked marijuana in the past, he had gone four years without it, and mediation and other relaxation methods had helped alleviate many of his anger issues.
          EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Dude is a real POS.
            60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Incognito and his family are disgraceful human beings. Racist human trash.

Comment

Incognito has always been a bum. Feel bad for Martin here.

Comment

If I were Martin I would have come to practice with a nice firearm and told Richie it ends today or IT ENDS TODAY.

Comment

Originally posted by dre1919 View Post
                    If I were Martin I would have come to practice with a nice firearm and told Richie it ends today or IT ENDS TODAY.
                    The fact that Incognito didn't get his head bashed in makes me think this isn't just confined to these two. I feel like guys like "Gun Trafficking" Pouncey and other shitheads on the team are being asses as well.

Comment

PTFO Incognito!

I've always felt like he was a cancer on the Phins. Anyone who watched Hard Knocks last year got to see Incognito being a complete A-HOLE to a few rookies in the locker room.

Comment

If you go to Incognito's pictures on twitter, it goes back for a while. He was making fun of Martin when he saw Martin on TV one time and also referred to him as "big weirdo" when he could barely fit in a go-kart.

Does Martin have grounds for any case against Incognito here?

Comment

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bsFBYq_h_J0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He makes Lattimer and Romanowski look like angels.

Comment

Do we have any details on what actually occurred between the two or is it all speculation at this point?
                            This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                              Do we have any details on what actually occurred between the two or is it all speculation at this point?
                              I believe that Martin turned over text messages and voicemails to the league that are pretty damning which is what caused the suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by pkt77242 View Post
                                I believe that Martin turned over text messages and voicemails to the league that are pretty damning which is what caused the suspension.
                                I'll be interested to see what comes out... is what i mean.

Comment

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 41s
                                  NFL has heard Richie Incognito's VM to Jonathan Martin. Dolphins have heard the voice mail.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
                                  4. Incognito to Martin, all on same VM in April 2013: "(Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 27s
                                  3. Incognito VM to Martin: "(I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter).

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 59s
                                  2. More Incognito to Martin: "I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expl) mouth....

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
                                  1: Richie Incognito left this VM for Jonathan Martin in April 2013: "Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of (expletive)...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Comment

WOW... Hey Richie, aren't you like thirty?? talk about a freaking child.

Comment

like the rest of the overpaid celebrity/athletes, Incognito will acquiesce, apologize "if he has offended anyone"...go into some sort of treatment center...for some as yet TBD mental illness, dependency etc....and will then dedicate his life to God and charity and ask for forgiveness.

all the while, the nfl will make some announcement of their renewed focus on an anti bullying campaign with the poll tested PSA's

blablalbalabla

sooo sick of these types of stories, pro athletes/celebs with the opportunities of a lifetime who just whatever reason dont ever do the right thing. their all full of ****.

we've all seen this story before and we know what will happen next and how it all ends.

Comment

Seems like an odd situation. Here's the thing... I have no doubt that Incognito is a piece of crap. And he has this coming and should never play again in the NFL.

The weird part comes with Martin. I doubt we'll ever get a full, accurate side on what's going on with him... but there has been some really strange stuff floating around about him.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                          Seems like an odd situation. Here's the thing... I have no doubt that Incognito is a piece of crap. And he has this coming and should never play again in the NFL.

The weird part comes with Martin. I doubt we'll ever get a full, accurate side on what's going on with him... but there has been some really strange stuff floating around about him.
                                          Strange stuff?

Comment

Incognito seems like a scumbag.
                                            God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

elaborate please

Comment

All I know is if Martin was from Notre Dame the outcry from the public would be, "suck it up big boy. So sorry you're getting bullied like a little girl." Honestly, am I the only one that thinks it would play out this way?

This is a crazy, sad story too but I still can't believe people dislike Teo and blame him for what happened last year. That POS Kekua should be caned and whipped for what he did to Teo and ND. You can't tell me what happened didn't effect the 'Bama game. Okay, I'm getting off topic... but just sayin'
                                                Last edited by charlyp123; 11-04-2013, 04:32 PM. Reason: wanted to add more
                                                "Strength in this life, happiness in the next."

Comment

NOT SUGGESTING THIS AT ALL,

but a lot of blog reports or opinion pieces are suggesting martin is gay, which led to the blow up of all this. Again not suggesting that, but just saying that idea is out there.

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                    If you go to Incognito's pictures on twitter, it goes back for a while. He was making fun of Martin when he saw Martin on TV one time and also referred to him as "big weirdo" when he could barely fit in a go-kart.

Does Martin have grounds for any case against Incognito here?
                                                    Leaving death threats towards someone and threatening their family over the phone is grounds for assault I believe.

Comment

but a lot of blog reports or opinion pieces are suggesting martin is gay, which led to the blow up of all this. Again not suggesting that, but just saying that idea is out there.
                                                      Hate crime. Call the FBI.

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky View Post
                                                        Hate crime. Call the FBI.
                                                        I'd say that makes it all that much worse and Incognito that much worse of a person if that is the case.
                                                        I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                                          I'd say that makes it all that much worse and Incognito that much worse of a person if that is the case.
                                                          Agreed. In that case the bullying not only hurts Martin but every gay athlete who was considering coming out of the closet.

Comment

[IMG]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Rc3lvSRFkJ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/IMG]

Comment

Look i am all for Martin defending himself but a part of my thinks he should have kept it in the locker room (if he hadn't already) and talked to the coaching staff. What Icongnito did and said was absolutely wrong and should be punished but i was raised to keep things in house, now if he did go to his coaching staff and nothing had changed then shame on that entire organization. Grown men should not treat each other like that

Comment

If it does turn out that Martin's sexuality is the cause of this… sh1t storm of the year.

Comment

Total speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if Incognito has a history of "buck antler spray" or other steroidal enhancement.
                                                                  Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by rikkitikki08 View Post
                                                                    Look i am all for Martin defending himself but a part of my thinks he should have kept it in the locker room (if he hadn't already) and talked to the coaching staff. What Icongnito did and said was absolutely wrong and should be punished but i was raised to keep things in house, now if he did go to his coaching staff and nothing had changed then shame on that entire organization. Grown men should not treat each other like that
                                                                    I respectfully disagree. Once it reached levels of phone calls, texts, voice mails, and threats to family members, it passed the 'keep it in the locker room stage.' Had it been simply comments face to face or other things, then I would understand. Plus if we know what has come out so far, I would imagine there is more being withheld. You don't come out with all and your most damning evidence to the public, you hold some important **** back for when you need it. This very well could have been brought up to someone in the organization, and they minimized it.
                                                                    #TeamKizer

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimate Penn St. Hater View Post
                                                                      Incognito is a scumbag.
                                                                      FIFY

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                                        Richie Oxymoron?
                                                                        Richie Moron.

Comment

Originally posted by rikkitikki08 View Post
                                                                          From what I heard today, he never told the Dolphins what was going on. They knew nothing until he left the team. You have to wonder why he wouldn't at least tell Cognito enough was enough unless he was afraid the freak would really harm him or family.

Dungy said he didn't want any part of Cognito while he was with the Colts. Makes me thing the dolphins may have been trying to peddle him.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                            From what I heard today, he never told the Dolphins what was going on. They knew nothing until he left the team. You have to wonder why he wouldn't at least tell Cognito enough was enough unless he was afraid the freak would really harm him or family.

Dungy said he didn't want any part of Cognito while he was with the Colts. Makes me thing the dolphins may have been trying to peddle him.
                                                                            IDK why, but that phrase made me laugh.
                                                                            #TeamKizer

Comment

• #39

Originally posted by BobD View Post
                                                                              Strange stuff?
                                                                              elaborate please
                                                                              It seems odd that this all builds up after having gone on for so long with no warning and then all spills over.

I'm not making light of anything Incognito did/said, but I'd also like to know more about what you've heard on Martin.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Martin v Incognito is the kind of story that gets stranger and stranger before it finally runs its course.

This is going to be messy for everyone involved.

Comment

• #41

Respectable blogs like Deadspin, right?

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Richie Incognito's bully reputation goes back to 2002

bullied a walk on at Neb...he was a fat kid who got made fun of and now he is out to pick on everyone..
                                                                                    EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I am sure stuff similar, albeit not as vicious, has been done throughout the NFL but after awhile they embrace the rookie.

I have seen videos online where NFL players haze the rookie and "pick on" them but once they make it through that initial hazing they are embraced. So the "bullying" part has been in the game forever.

Incognito was just a dumb*ss that decided he would keep doing it even after Martin was no longer a rookie.

He should be banned from the NFL considering he has had problems since he has been playing football.

Someone should try to get him help because obviously he has some deep rooted issues.

I mean if someone does something wrong they have to have a deeper rooted problem, right?

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        drew margary wrote a funny article about his college fb days when everybody on his OL hated him, worth a read
                                                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by dre1919 View Post
                                                                                          I notice nobody has addressed this post and I hope it's not because people agree with you. This is f'ing stupid. You're a lunatic if you think what you posted is in any way an acceptable response to this situation. Somebody picks on you so you either threaten their life or kill them? I'm not defending Dick Incognito but he didn't rape the guys wife, molest his kids, or attempt to murder Martin. In those cases your response would be justified. Threatening or killing kids because they pick on you is what school shooters do. Don't be so f'ing stupid.
                                                                                          60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                                                            I notice nobody has addressed this post and I hope it's not because people agree with you. This is f'ing stupid. You're a lunatic if you think what you posted is in any way an acceptable response to this situation. Somebody picks on you so you either threaten their life or kill them? I'm not defending Dick Incognito but he didn't rape the guys wife, molest his kids, or attempt to murder Martin. In those cases your response would be justified. Threatening or killing kids because they pick on you is what school shooters do. Don't be so f'ing stupid.
                                                                                            I read this post on my phone earlier and forgot about it. Was going to post pretty much the same response as you just did. That post was beyond dumb and sounded like a lunatic, militia type response. I hope he was in a drunken stuper when he posted that.
                                                                                            Originally posted by koonja
                                                                                            I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                              drew margary wrote a funny article about his college fb days when everybody on his OL hated him, worth a read
                                                                                              Big "Douche" Magary....what a columnist!!

If you call the tripe he "writes", actual columns. He is a class-A d!ckwad. He was not picked on because he was fat. It was because he was fat, had no talent and probably TRIED to bully people. NOTHING by that waste of space is worth a read.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Incognito crossed the line. But Martin chose the wrong way to resolve the issue by walking away from the team. Surely there would have been some senior members in that locker room who could have stepped in and help resolve it without it going public If he did not think so, then either he did not seek anyone's help out, or the Dolphins are just a collection of sad dysfunctional people. Anyway, i hate it for all involved.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by philipm31 View Post
                                                                                                  Big "Douche" Magary....what a columnist!!

If you call the tripe he "writes", actual columns. He is a class-A d!ckwad. He was not picked on because he was fat. It was because he was fat, had no talent and probably TRIED to bully people. NOTHING by that waste of space is worth a read.
                                                                                                  i find his work quite humorous, hes a definitely a douchebag though :)
                                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by ohara831 View Post
                                                                                                    Incognito crossed the line. But Martin chose the wrong way to resolve the issue by walking away from the team. Surely there would have been some senior members in that locker room who could have stepped in and help resolve it without it going public If he did not think so, then either he did not seek anyone's help out, or the Dolphins are just a collection of sad dysfunctional people. Anyway, i hate it for all involved.
                                                                                                    From the reports that are coming out stating the coaches told Incognito to "toughen" up Martin, then Martin probably didn't have a choice.
                                                                                                    Hi!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X