Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redskins

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Redskins

    Redskins acquired the No. 2 overall pick in exchange for three first-round picks, including No. 6 overall this year, and a future second-round selection.

    FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports that St. Louis and Washington will exchange first-round picks this year. The Rams will get two more future first-rounders, likely in 2013 and 2014. The Redskins are now positioned to draft Baylor QB Robert Griffin, or Stanford QB Andrew Luck if the Colts pull a fast one at No. 1. More to come
    Last edited by Whiskeyjack; 06-27-2013, 02:48 PM.

  • #2
    Redskins gave up way to much.

    Comment


    • #3
      On espn they are saying 3 first and 1 second. I think thats to much the skins back to being the skins.
      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
        On espn they are saying 3 first and 1 second. I think thats to much the skins back to being the skins.
        I think Griffen is worth it.

        He's the next big thing.

        Comment


        • #5
          No way They have know made this rebuilding process that much longer. We have 1 ok WR, a good TE and 2 decent running backs. Also need some help on the oline.
          Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

          Comment


          • #6
            Peyton can cross them off the list.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BobD View Post
              Peyton can cross them off the list.
              He wasn't going there anyways,
              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

              Comment


              • #8
                Classic redskins.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Way....Way too much. LMAO. Thank you Cleveland for not being a player here.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    And reports are its this years2nd rounder SMFH.
                    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think at first glance it's too much, but I think that a kid of RGIII's caliber is worth that and given that we do have some cap space, I think we need to get an OL and WR...We won't win contend early but I feel you gotta bet big to win big...The jury is still out...talk to me in 4 yrs

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                        And reports are its this years2nd rounder SMFH.
                        Yea....that definitely deflated me as well...wouldn't be as bad if we were able to hang on to this years 2nd

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                          He wasn't going there anyways,
                          I agree.

                          I think the Skins over paid like the Raiders did for Carson.

                          This might not bode well for Mike Shanahan?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I was really, really hoping the Browns could find a way to get RGIII, and I thought I would be disappointed if they didn't and we went into next season with McCoy as QB. But after seeing how much the Redskins gave up, they can have him. Way, way too much.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The Redskins need to build and giving up 3 first rounders and a second is not the way to do it. Rams got a hell of a deal. No way they'd pass that up.
                              60% of the time, it works every time.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                This is true that they gave up a ton in order to get him but I have to feel this is much lower than the asking price might've been the closer to the draft it got...They have a ton of cap space...it is even more important now that they make smart moves in free agency

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  The Rams have a good young QB in Bradford, plus this many picks???

                                  I think the Redskins should send apology cards to the rest of the NFC West

                                  My goodness what a bonehead move
                                  "raise her gold and blue and cheer with voices true"

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    I understand why some of you think they gace away too much but, the Redskins have had a parade of has beens and never was's playing QB for 25 whopping years.

                                    Quarterback is the POSITION in the NFL---teams with great ones prosper, teams without struggle.

                                    RG3 is just a terrific prospect with every attribute you could ever want in DUPLICATE.

                                    If i was a Redskin fan i would be beside myself with excitement.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by alohagoirish View Post
                                      I understand why some of you think they gace away too much but, the Redskins have had a parade of has beens and never was's playing QB for 25 whopping years.

                                      Quarterback is the POSITION in the NFL---teams with great ones prosper, teams without struggle.

                                      RG3 is just a terrific prospect with every attribute you could ever want in DUPLICATE.

                                      If i was a Redskin fan i would be beside myself with excitement.
                                      This is all very true.

                                      Problem is, they just gave all of those picks to a team with a potentially GREAT QB.

                                      That's just basically giving them the money to go grocery shopping for whatever Bradford needs
                                      "raise her gold and blue and cheer with voices true"

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        I don't think the Redskins get it.
                                        Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          LOLREDSKINS!!!!

                                          Seriously, Dan Snyder is taking one of sports' great franchises and running it straight into the ground. RGIII has decent upside, I'd give him a 33% chance of becoming better than a league average QB. Talented, athletic, but unsophisticated and fragile. What a disaster if you're the Skins. I would take Matt Flynn and all those picks 8 days out of 7.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Meanwhile, buy futures on the Rams. The Rams and the Bengals are sitting in unbelievable position going forward.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                                              Meanwhile, buy futures on the Rams. The Rams and the Bengals are sitting in unbelievable position going forward.
                                              Completely agree.

                                              The Rams ESPECIALLY, mainly because I think Bradford has a brighter future than Dalton.

                                              Here's the thing. RGIII has Tremendous upside as a dual threat QB

                                              The second, and most important thing to remember is: How many "dual threat QB's" have had sustained success in the NFL?

                                              Cunningham? Vick? Young? Maybe Newton could....

                                              What it boils down to (in my amateur opinion) is when it comes to being a great QB in the NFL, you need to be able to rely on your smarts and accuracy FAR more than your ability to outrun a defensive end, or throw the ball a mile.

                                              Chad Pennington is the perfect example. Had a noodle arm, but was accurate and SMART, and hell he couldn't even outrun his own shadow
                                              "raise her gold and blue and cheer with voices true"

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Wait...so now it's a question about smarts and accuracy??? If this was a trade to get Luck would it still be that crappy of a trade??? Is RGIII not smart because he went to Baylor as opposed to Stanford??? Everyone and their mom has been raving about Luck being the next great QB and he has thrown the same number of passes in the NFL as RGIII....He has just as much upside as he does imo, but maybe I'm crazy!!! Newton came in not nearly as polished a passer as RGIII is coming into the league and look at what he was able to accomplish!!!!
                                                Last edited by SaltyND24; 03-10-2012, 05:44 AM.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  He graduated Baylor in three years, high school in three, and blew everyone away during interviews. You can't say the kid is dumb. He throws the best feel ball in the draft. I don't just mean distance but he can put it in the basket. Shanahan runs a lot of bootlegs and likes his qb to be mobile and move the pocket. It's a lot to give up. Two 1st rounders and a second. The picks switch this year cancel out to me. If he's the franchise then itll be worth it

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Originally posted by irishmarine View Post
                                                    You can't say the kid is dumb.
                                                    Thank you...I would've thought we were talking about JaMarcus Russell with some of the stuff being said

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      We (I'm a skins fan) gave up two firsts and a second. We went all in on our future. But reelly what would our future have been like with gross man at qb? Same middle of the road draft pick. Yes we could have addressed other needs but as we Irish fans know, without a qb you're not there!!! I was hoping we would trade back and acquire picks and look at next years class but without a top three draft spot you'd have to mortgage the future to trade up. Shanahan went all in!! This does however buy him 3 years to develope rg3. Unfortunately, that's the sane amount of time we won't have a first rounder lol

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Also though the skins have 40 mil in cap space and can address their needs with it and excitement about rg3 being the future. Need oline, wr, and secondary help. All can be addressed in FA and shanny can find gems in draft.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          Originally posted by SaltyND24 View Post
                                                          This is true that they gave up a ton in order to get him but I have to feel this is much lower than the asking price might've been the closer to the draft it got...They have a ton of cap space...it is even more important now that they make smart moves in free agency
                                                          That's a good one. The Skins making good moves in free agency. Cue sad trombone music for this gentleman. I think Haynesworth might be back on the market.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Hail to the redskins!!

                                                            I think we sit about 45,000,000 under the cap right now so I'm waiting on ESPN to release a headline along the lines of "Skins sign Darrell Green and Deion Sanders to one year deals worth about 22 million each."

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              RG3 is the real deal. Smart, strong armed, accurate, and can run if needed. He will be a superstar, I have no doubts. With that said, this may bite them in the ***, ala my Vikings trading for Herschell Walker.
                                                              sigpic

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                In my opinion, the Redskins had to make this move. They're not giving up 3 first rounders, it's 2 first rounders, swapping a 1st and a 2nd. That is a lot especially for a team that's in the rebuilding process but they had a great draft last year. Also, keep in mind how teams draft. Think of all the first round busts. I think of the Eagles trading up and drafting Brandon Graham two years ago and he hasn't done a thing in the NFL. In my opinion, Griffin will be better than Romo and Vick in 2-3 years.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  I am a skins fan. I am pretty Glag that we are getting RGIII but i believe they gave to much up for him. We do have Around 40 million to spend on free agents but alot of that is going to go Fletcher to keep him. If he walks our defense takes a huge hit. And with Landry leaving cause i don't see them resigning him. He is injury prone and is going to want a boat load of money. The skins have done a lot of stupid stuff in the offseson that has NEVER paided off so until i see that change i am not going to get over excited. But the Question i wonder about is RGIII better then Matt Barkley???
                                                                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    This is a good move.

                                                                    The Skins are betting on being able to address needs with FAs instead of through the draft... this has never worked for them before, but when you consider their primary needs are CB, S, and secondary needs are WR, ILB, OL... it's not that hard to address needs at CB, S, WR, and ILB through free agents.

                                                                    Their biggest need was QB and as it has been proven time and time again it's nearly impossible to land a franchise QB through the FA wire or trades. They had to do whatever it took to get RGIII or purposely tank all of next season to get Barkley.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                      This is a good move.

                                                                      The Skins are betting on being able to address needs with FAs instead of through the draft... this has never worked for them before, but when you consider their primary needs are CB, S, and secondary needs are WR, ILB, OL... it's not that hard to address needs at CB, S, WR, and ILB through free agents.

                                                                      Their biggest need was QB and as it has been proven time and time again it's nearly impossible to land a franchise QB through the FA wire or trades. They had to do whatever it took to get RGIII or purposely tank all of next season to get Barkley.
                                                                      I understand what you are saying but 40 million really isn't that much money to address the needs of this team.
                                                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Expect the Redskins to go out and get Vincent Jackson and Cortland Finnegan or another one of a couple really good CBs out there. Then they might also try to address the need at S be re-signing injury prone Laron Landry.... he's great when he's healthy.

                                                                        If they don't grab Landry, then expect them to go get a couple safeties late in the draft. Everything will work out... but the real winner is clearly the Rams who will have the picks to absolutely load up with young talent.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                          I understand what you are saying but 40 million really isn't that much money to address the needs of this team.
                                                                          How is it not? They are 45 mil under the cap right now... they only need two "big name" FAs and those are a CB and a WR. They can give both Finnegan and Vincent Jackson something absurd like $10 mil a year and still have another $25 mil to play with.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            All the teams that need a very good Wr i doubt VJ will come that cheap. Finnegan i can see he is pretty good and matched up with Hall that wouldn't be a bad combo. We still need to sign Fletcher because he is the heart of the defense. Now that i look at it we could get a good number of players for 45 million. I know it isn't the best move but we could sign Zibby to play safety. And we have only really need one more WR since they drafted Hankerson last year.
                                                                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Everyone thought the Giants gave up to much for Eli too. If I'm a 'Skins fan, I'm happy. If I'm a Rams fan, I'm beyond estatic. Skins had to overpay to get it. It was a fight with Cleveland. If the Skins don't stack up their Oline, they are in trouble. See: Vick.

                                                                              A cheaper, better option than V. Jackson would be Manningham. Giants aren't resigning him. Snyder can not screw this up. He gave up a lot no doubt but RGIII is no Akili Smith.

                                                                              That OL should be a priority. I'm a Giants fan too so this is an unbiased opinion. I would look to deal Fletcher, Landry etc. Get some fresh blood. Freeney is available. Just saying.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Finnegan is shooting for around 10 million a year.

                                                                                Here are the top 10 contacts given out to WRs as ranked by dollars per year:





                                                                                Player

                                                                                Length

                                                                                Total $

                                                                                Guar. $

                                                                                Signing Bonus



                                                                                Larry Fitzgerald

                                                                                8 years

                                                                                $128.5M

                                                                                $50M

                                                                                $10M



                                                                                Calvin Johnson

                                                                                6 years

                                                                                $55.5M

                                                                                $27.178M

                                                                                $2.502M



                                                                                Brandon Marshall

                                                                                5 years

                                                                                $47.3M

                                                                                $12.5M

                                                                                $5.5M



                                                                                Andre Johnson

                                                                                7 years

                                                                                $62.7M

                                                                                $48M

                                                                                $2.8M



                                                                                Miles Austin

                                                                                7 years

                                                                                $57.168M

                                                                                $18M

                                                                                $0



                                                                                Roddy White

                                                                                6 years

                                                                                $48M

                                                                                $18.6M

                                                                                $6M



                                                                                Steve Smith

                                                                                6 years

                                                                                $43.85

                                                                                ?

                                                                                $9.3M



                                                                                Anquan Boldin

                                                                                4 years

                                                                                $28M

                                                                                $10M

                                                                                $0



                                                                                Greg Jennings

                                                                                4 years

                                                                                $26.885M

                                                                                $16.25M

                                                                                $11.25M



                                                                                Reggie Wayne

                                                                                6 years

                                                                                $39.5M

                                                                                $13.5M

                                                                                $12.5M

                                                                                I wouldn't think that he would be up there with Johnson and Fitzgerald.
                                                                                Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                                                                                  Everyone thought the Giants gave up to much for Eli too. If I'm a 'Skins fan, I'm happy. If I'm a Rams fan, I'm beyond estatic. Skins had to overpay to get it. It was a fight with Cleveland. If the Skins don't stack up their Oline, they are in trouble. See: Vick.

                                                                                  A cheaper, better option than V. Jackson would be Manningham. Giants aren't resigning him. Snyder can not screw this up. He gave up a lot no doubt but RGIII is no Akili Smith.

                                                                                  That OL should be a priority. I'm a Giants fan too so this is an unbiased opinion. I would look to deal Fletcher, Landry etc. Get some fresh blood. Freeney is available. Just saying.
                                                                                  Landry yes i can see him walking but not Fletcher. We have to really good pass rushers in Orakpo and Kerrigan. And trading for Freeney would take 14 million away from getting other players no thanks.
                                                                                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    Testing

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      The dreaded, "Internal Server Error"

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                                                                                        Everyone thought the Giants gave up to much for Eli too. If I'm a 'Skins fan, I'm happy. If I'm a Rams fan, I'm beyond estatic. Skins had to overpay to get it. It was a fight with Cleveland. If the Skins don't stack up their Oline, they are in trouble. See: Vick.

                                                                                        A cheaper, better option than V. Jackson would be Manningham. Giants aren't resigning him. Snyder can not screw this up. He gave up a lot no doubt but RGIII is no Akili Smith.

                                                                                        That OL should be a priority. I'm a Giants fan too so this is an unbiased opinion. I would look to deal Fletcher, Landry etc. Get some fresh blood. Freeney is available. Just saying.
                                                                                        Good points by you and irishff... I bolded the only part I disagree with. Skins are playing a 3-4 and I don't think Freeney fits. If they're going to go spend money I think it needs to be on interior linemen.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          What the hell????? I can make short posts.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46
                                                                                            this trade certainly takes the saints bounty program off the front page

                                                                                            whats more shocking to me than this trade is that the jets extended sanchez--that was the dumbest move of the offseason IMO.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by ND NYC View Post
                                                                                              this trade certainly takes the saints bounty program off the front page

                                                                                              whats more shocking to me than this trade is that the jets extended sanchez--that was the dumbest move of the offseason IMO.
                                                                                              I can agree with that. He is not close to being worth 13.5 million a season.
                                                                                              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by SaltyND24 View Post
                                                                                                Wait...so now it's a question about smarts and accuracy??? If this was a trade to get Luck would it still be that crappy of a trade??? Is RGIII not smart because he went to Baylor as opposed to Stanford??? Everyone and their mom has been raving about Luck being the next great QB and he has thrown the same number of passes in the NFL as RGIII....He has just as much upside as he does imo, but maybe I'm crazy!!! Newton came in not nearly as polished a passer as RGIII is coming into the league and look at what he was able to accomplish!!!!
                                                                                                1. Who said he is not smart?

                                                                                                2. What is you avatar? Can anyone help me who those guys are?

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                                  Good points by you and irishff... I bolded the only part I disagree with. Skins are playing a 3-4 and I don't think Freeney fits. If they're going to go spend money I think it needs to be on interior linemen.
                                                                                                  I wouldn't argue that about Freeney. Just throwing out a name. Freeney on one side with Kerrigan and Orakpo would be a thing of beauty. I mention dumping Fletcher because he is old and should look to upgrade with youth. Sounds dumb but what they have now needs a bit of a makeover. Need fresh faces and new blood.

                                                                                                  I know I mention bringing in young guys but one guy I'd look at would be Kareem McKenzie to play RT. 32 years old but durable and dependable. Also has two rings. Manningham has one. You get where I'm going with that.

                                                                                                  Always remember, can never have enough pass rushers.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                                                                                                    1. Who said he is not smart?

                                                                                                    2. What is you avatar? Can anyone help me who those guys are?
                                                                                                    NDinFL was saying that being smart and accurate is more important than being able to outrun a defensive end... implying that RGIII is neither smart nor accurate...As for the avatar, it's Luck, Newton, and RGIII in the 40 at the NFL combine

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X