No announcement yet.

The boys of summer! (Baseball Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone blames Cabrera, and he definitely isn't healthy. But Jackson can't stop striking out, and nobody else can get on base. Hell a time or two Cabrera got on, but what the hell is that gonna do when he can't run. Lol
    #TeamKizer

Comment

• BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS!!!!!
      “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

• Good W by the Cards.

P.S. Pedro is terrible on the post game and man does he look OLD

Comment

• Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
          BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS!!!!!
          HELL YEAH!!!!

Comment

• I wonder if she could charge him with theft?

Red Sox Fan Rips Home Run Ball Away From Woman Who Caught It

Comment

• Typical... Good news is that Detroit seems on pace to rip away Boston's season.... Justice.

I saw it live btw, first thing I thought is, yep that's Boston fans for you
              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Oh my god.

Comment

• I love Big Papi.

That is all. Go SOX!

Comment

• He should have made a finger gun and play shot him too. I'm a Giants fan, but this awesome .

Last edited by BobD; 10-14-2013, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Nice Work, Redbirds!!!

WACHA WACHA WACHA, BABY!!!

Comment

• Cardinals' Michael Wacha exemplifies Draft's uncertainty | MLB.com: News

Comment

• Prince may be traded to the rangers for Kinsler.

Wow didn't see that coming.
                          Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BREAKING: Tigers and Rangers agree to trade sending Prince Fielder to Texas for Ian Kinsler. (via <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSports">@CBSSports</a>)</p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/statuses/403334310305865729">November 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not may be, that **** just happened.
                            #TeamKizer

Comment

• Interesting...

Comment

• dafaq!?!?!
                                This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Dave Dombrowski is the single greatest GM of any professional sports team, ever
                                  #TeamKizer

Comment

• Tigers paying the Rangers $30 million?
                                    I'm kind of a big deal

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                      Dave Dombrowski is the single greatest GM of any professional sports team, ever
                                      OK but didn't he negotiate that bad contract he just paid $30 million to dump?

Comment

• Wonder who will be protecting Cabrera. I'm thinking they go out and sign Nelson Cruz with some of the money they saved on Prince

Comment

• Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                          Wonder who will be protecting Cabrera. I'm thinking they go out and sign Nelson Cruz with some of the money they saved on Prince
                                          Everything I read suggests they will re-invest in Scherzer.

I will make a wild guess they pursue McCann and move Victor Martinez.

Of course, none of that precludes a run at Cruz who isn't going to get superstar money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                            Dave Dombrowski is the single greatest GM of any professional sports team, ever
                                            Wasn't he responsible for the overpaid contract in the first place? Now he has to pay 30 mil to get out of it.

Comment

• Don't know who it will be but looks like the Cards will deal some young pitching for a SS that actually can hit

Comment

Don't know who it will be but looks like the Cards will deal some young pitching for a SS that actually can hit
                                                Starlin Castro?

Comment

• Alex Rodriguez

Comment

• Originally posted by blueNDgold44 View Post
                                                    Starlin Castro?
                                                    Ha. Keep him.

Tulo is definitely the top target. Then Hardy and Andrus probably

Comment

• Andrus? I thought you wanted a SS who could hit?

EDIT: and Stephen Drew isn't great but he'll only cost money.

Comment

Ha. Keep him.

Tulo is definitely the top target. Then Hardy and Andrus probably
                                                        I know, wishful thinking I guess haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                                          Andrus? I thought you wanted a SS who could hit?

EDIT: and Stephen Drew isn't great but he'll only cost money.
                                                          Drew is also an option I read

Kozma and Descalso batted .217 and .238 last year.... Andrus is a very solid hitter compared to them

Comment

• What about Profar?

Cheaper than Andrus AND he is stuck behind Elvis right now. Seems to be a better option than Andrus.

But they will have to let someone go. I would prefer Lynn gets traded so they can put Miller in the starting rotation for good.

Comment

• Originally posted by philipm31 View Post
                                                              What about Profar?

Cheaper than Andrus AND he is stuck behind Elvis right now. Seems to be a better option than Andrus.

But they will have to let someone go. I would prefer Lynn gets traded so they can put Miller in the starting rotation for good.

Profar will be the starting 2B now I believe with Kinsler gone.

Comment

• Fielder has been declining, frees up some money to keep Scherzer, makes sense i guess
                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

Profar will be the starting 2B now I believe with Kinsler gone.
                                                                  Oh okay. I was under the impression that Andrus was blocking him from playing everyday.

That certainly clears that up.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by philipm31 View Post
                                                                    Oh okay. I was under the impression that Andrus was blocking him from playing everyday.

That certainly clears that up.

Thanks.
                                                                    Pretty sure thats the big reason they were in for the trade. So they could move people around and get Profar in every day. Good move for them as he's to good to not be on the field.
                                                                    #TeamKizer

Comment

• Tigers trade Fister to the Nationals. No word yet on who they received in return.
                                                                      #TeamKizer

Comment

• I had a feeling this would happen. The last two or three years of this contract won't be fun paying. Lots of jerseys to burn in Boston today.

Yankees sign Jacoby Ellsbury to a seven-year, $153 million deal | The Strike Zone - SI.com

Comment

• Allow me to brag on my sons for a minute. I've been a Yankees fan since the late 50's. Always wanted to get to Yankee Stadium, but our family never had that kind of money when I was young. Fast forward.....It's the last year for the original stadium. My four sons call me and tell me were's taking a road trip on Memorial Day weekend to NY for a Yankees game. That in itself made my day. We're in the stands on Saturday and it's between innings. I look up at the scoreboard and saw this.

I was speechless. I couldn't thank them right away, because my eyes were starting to water. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BobD View Post
                                                                            I had a feeling this would happen. The last two or three years of this contract won't be fun paying. Lots of jerseys to burn in Boston today.

Yankees sign Jacoby Ellsbury to a seven-year, $153 million deal | The Strike Zone - SI.com
                                                                            thing is in this day and age it's the nature of the business...i don't have hard feelings towards jacoby as a red sox fan.

am i happy he's going to play for the evil empire...absolutely not, but he gave his all in his time in boston and he's just doing what is right for him financially and i can't fault him for that.

if someone were to ever offer me 21 million a year for the next 7 to play baseball i'd take it and run...REGARDLESS of who was paying.
                                                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                              thing is in this day and age it's the nature of the business...i don't have hard feelings towards jacoby as a red sox fan.

am i happy he's going to play for the evil empire...absolutely not, but he gave his all in his time in boston and he's just doing what is right for him financially and i can't fault him for that.

if someone were to ever offer me 21 million a year for the next 7 to play baseball i'd take it and run...REGARDLESS of who was paying.
                                                                              Your very forgiving i'm not hope he cracks a rib and is out the whole season again.
                                                                              One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than a hundred teaching it.
                                                                              Knute Rockne

Comment

• MLB is taking a page out of the NFL's book. Plans to eliminate home plate collisions. Owners and players must approve for the change to be effective in 2014.

Bunch of weak bitches.

Comment

• Are they going to let the run score if the catcher blocks the plate??? so stupid, like both parties don't know what can happen....

Comment

• That's stupid. Who in the hell supports this type of thing?

Sheesh.
                                                                                    Originally posted by koonja
                                                                                    I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

• I watch baseball pretty closely; I don't recall there having been an increase in concussions from home plate collisions. This sounds like pre-emptive activity generated from MLB's Office of the General Counsel.
                                                                                      Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.

Comment

• No it's be the Tommy Brady of baseball (Buster Posey) go hurt in freak play. It's bull crap it this would have happened to almost any other catcher you wouldn't be hearing anything about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                                          Are they going to let the run score if the catcher blocks the plate??? so stupid, like both parties don't know what can happen....
                                                                                          The rule is suppose to state that the runner has to slide when going into home plate
                                                                                          #TeamKizer

Comment

• Chicago Cubs unveil Clark, its 1st mascot

CHICAGO (AP) -- The Chicago Cubs are introducing a mascot for the first time in the team's long history.

Drawings released by the Cubs on Monday show a young bear wearing a Cubs jersey and a backward blue baseball cap. The mascot is named Clark; the team plays at Wrigley Field, located at Clark and Addison streets on Chicago's North Side.

Team officials say they held focus groups before deciding on Clark, and fans told them they wanted a more family-friendly atmosphere at Wrigley Field.

Clark will greet fans at the ballpark before and during games, and the mascot will have a Twitter account and Facebook page.

The Cubs had a live bear mascot in 1916, nine years after formally adopting the Cubs moniker.

Y! SPORTS

Comment

• Well, it beats the ill fated duo of "Ribbie and Roobarb"

Comment

• Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers agree to seven-year deal worth $215 million - ESPN Los Angeles

This is why sports are a F-ing Joke

Comment

• NO pitcher is worth that kind of money. Greg Maddux never got that kind of money and he was far and away a better pitcher than Kershaw, at this point in his career.

Dodgers just showing how stupid they are. What are they going to do about the REST of their team??

5/11 of the players in the league that are making at least 20M per year are ON the Dodgers.

They better win 3 WS in 4 years to make this deal even CLOSE to worth it, along with Kershaw winning the next three CY's, as well.

Comment

• Does this mean they're out of the Tanaka race? I don't see them signing both.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDFan4Life View Post
                                                                                                      Chicago Cubs unveil Clark, its 1st mascot

CHICAGO (AP) -- The Chicago Cubs are introducing a mascot for the first time in the team's long history.

.....

The Cubs had a live bear mascot in 1916, nine years after formally adopting the Cubs moniker.
                                                                                                      Spot-on reporting, there. SMH.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X