No announcement yet.

The boys of summer! (Baseball Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Os just traded the player with the pimpinest name in history...

L. J. ( Little Jerome) Hoes...
    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Haha!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qfAFLRv7ZEs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Charlie Manuel out in Philly. I think its a joke at least let him finish the last month of the season. Seriously the winningest coach in this cities long history and brought us our first championship in 25 years and this is how you let him go.

Phillies fire manager Charlie Manuel, promote Ryne Sandberg | SI Wire
        .....Before I Get Out

Comment

• Anyone catching this Red Sox vs Yankees game? I love it! Dempster plunking A-Rod!

Comment

• Originally posted by blueNDgold44 View Post
            Anyone catching this Red Sox vs Yankees game? I love it! Dempster plunking A-Rod!
            Why is this guy even playing? Between the PED suspension and all of the stuff going on between his lawyers and the organization, he shouldn't even be seeing the field.

I haven't followed the situation closely. Do the Yankees have to play him for some reason?

Comment

• Originally posted by NDWorld247 View Post
              Why is this guy even playing? Between the PED suspension and all of the stuff going on between his lawyers and the organization, he shouldn't even be seeing the field.

I haven't followed the situation closely. Do the Yankees have to play him for some reason?
              As horrible of a person as he is and as bad as he's been towards the Yanks, he is still and upgrade from what they have had all season at 3rd. And they still have to pay him either way. I'm sure its as simple as that as to why they are, but if money wasn't involved to the extent it is, I'm sure he wouldn't be.
              #TeamKizer

Comment

• The rivalry has been stale and that sure as hell was awesome. But after throwing behind Arod and then plunking him 3-0 no way dempster should not have been tossed. Girardi had every right to be livid that dempster wasn't tossed.

At any rate, this thing is a powder keg ! Yanks don't get even until late if at all tonight. Hope it's Ortiz if CC is on the mound. That's the only dude in the sox dugout going out to the mound.

This is the stuff this rivalry has been missing!

Comment

• I hope the BoSox keep pulling away. I think it is much more likely to blow up if the Yanks are getting blown out

Comment

I hope the BoSox keep pulling away. I think it is much more likely to blow up if the Yanks are getting blown out
                    no doubt. im good with that hahaha

Comment

• A-fraud goes yard, skankees about to get back in.....We might have a hockey style fight before the end of the night.

Comment

• Hopefully!

Comment

• You think they've got the brass to peg A-fraud again?

Comment

• Get your biggest, hardest throwing, son of a gun out there and do it...for the ratings at least

Comment

Get your biggest, hardest throwing, son of a gun out there and do it...for the ratings at least
                              as much as i would love to see it happen again, we gotta ball game to win here, only 1 1/2 up in the east. cant give away bases, even though he just reached.

think the yanks will wait to sqaure up with us next series, maybe they target bogarts, who is suppose to be called up any day now, all hell would break loose if they went after XB in a game.

Comment

• **** they are even throwing at the Umps. Caught his throat pad.
                                #TeamKizer

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>ESPN&#39;s John Kruk was just taken from the press box at Dodger Stadium on a stretcher. He was conscious.</p>&mdash; Pete Abraham (@PeteAbe) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteAbe/statuses/371778760116154368">August 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                  <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                  #TeamKizer

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>ESPN's John Kruk was just taken from the press box at Dodger Stadium on a stretcher. He was conscious.</p>&mdash; Pete Abraham (@PeteAbe) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteAbe/statuses/371778760116154368">August 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                    What happened to him?

Comment

• Allen Craig is a BEAST!!

Grand Slam Leads Cardinals Past Reds - ESPN Video - ESPN

Comment

• This AL East race has shades of 2011 written all over it. Its gonna come down to the wire, and it would be beautiful to see Baltimore beat the Sox out for the last wildcard spot in the last series!

Comment

• Originally posted by philipm31 View Post
                                          What happened to him?
                                          Dehydration
                                          #TeamKizer

Comment

• Matt Harvey...I'll be on the DL with a broken heart.

Comment

• Cardinals acquired former ND pitcher John Axford from the Brewers
                                              “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

• Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                Cardinals acquired former ND pitcher John Axford from the Brewers
                                                While the Pirates have won 2 in a row WHILE acquiring 3 players over the last week.

Is Mo really just going to sit on his hands and do NOTHING while the Cardinals get swept away by the Pittsburgh Pirates???

Comment

• Soooo glad STL has got Joe Kelly. Man, he has been a lifesaver for this team.

If he can replace Lynn and Westy in the rotation for the playoffs, while pitching like this, then the Cardinals might actually have a chance.

Comment

• Yes, fans of Pittsburgh and Looie, objects in the rear view mirror are closer than they appear! Here come the Redlegs!!
                                                    Traveler SUCKS!!!

Comment

• BIRDS sweep the Pirates
                                                      “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

• <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O71fetlkCZo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Atlanta Braves! Taking back what's rightfully ours. Division champs!
                                                        "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

• Michael Wacha's no hit bid ends with an infield single back to the pitcher with 2 outs in the 9th. That sucks.
                                                          #TeamKizer

Comment

• I usually only scream no at the tv on Saturdays! Wacca is a great kid. 22 and what a future. He was the compensatory pick for Albert pujols:)

Comment

• Cleveland continues to Rock!!! Giambi with a walk off, 2 run dinger in the ninth after Chris "marijuana" Perez smoked another 1 run lead in the 9th with 2 homeruns....Go Figure.

This is a team of destiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie.Smith Irish View Post
                                                                Cleveland continues to Rock!!! Giambi with a walk off, 2 run dinger in the ninth after Chris "marijuana" Perez smoked another 1 run lead in the 9th with 2 homeruns....Go Figure.

This is a team of destiny.
                                                                I love this team so much

Comment

• What a week for the Cardinals!!

Wacha with the near no-no, sweep the Nationals, and clinch the division against the Cubbies.

Just sweep the Cubs and we MIGHT have HFA throughout the NL playoffs.

Go Cards!!

P.S.--Lynn has been surprisingly dominant lately. I hope he can keep it up during the playoffs, and I hope that Wacha is Westy's replacement in the playoff rotation. Not sure the last time that the Cardinals had so many young pitchers in the starting rotation.

With Lynn, Wacha, Miller and Kelly all under 30 (easily), the SP future looks mighty bright for the Redbirds :)
                                                                  Last edited by philipm31; 09-28-2013, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Another NL east banner for my Braves. Hopefully they can move through the first round of the playoffs.
                                                                    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• 3 straight Division tittles for my Tigers. Wish they would sit Cabrera before the playoffs to get him healthier. No disrespect to Verlander, but he needs to be starter 3 in the playoff rotation.
                                                                      #TeamKizer

Comment

• Despite the fact that Westbrook is TERRIBLE and the Cardinals are fighting for HFA throughout the NLCS, Matheny is starting him against Samardzija today. I do not understand MM's thinking here. Westy should NEVER be allowed near the mound again and yet he is pitching in a game that could decide the Cardinals' playoff fate in the NL.

SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                                                          3 straight Division tittles for my Tigers. Wish they would sit Cabrera before the playoffs to get him healthier. No disrespect to Verlander, but he needs to be starter 3 in the playoff rotation.
                                                                          I was thinking maybe the 4th starter. Doesn't matter with that bullpen the Tigs have.

Comment

Despite the fact that Westbrook is TERRIBLE and the Cardinals are fighting for HFA throughout the NLCS, Matheny is starting him against Samardzija today. I do not understand MM's thinking here. Westy should NEVER be allowed near the mound again and yet he is pitching in a game that could decide the Cardinals' playoff fate in the NL.

SMH
                                                                            They are playing the Cubs........

Comment

• Originally posted by scUM Hater View Post
                                                                              I was thinking maybe the 4th starter. Doesn't matter with that bullpen the Tigs have.
                                                                              I did see Leyland is putting Porcello in the bullpen. He's pitched strong down the stretch.
                                                                              #TeamKizer

Comment

• Originally posted by scUM Hater View Post
                                                                                They are playing the Cubs........
                                                                                Luckily I had Joe Kelly on my fantasy starting rotation for today, so I could get credit for his stats for today. :)

I was just shocked that he was even getting a chance to pitch after not doing anything down the stretch.

I guess it was a nice "going away present" for him.

Comment

• Well hopefully Kate can carry us to a championship. Love seeing Kate in the Braves uniform instead of the hideous Detroit gear.
                                                                                  "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

• Only a matter of time till the internet slaps a "Brazzers" logo on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ickythump1225 View Post

Well hopefully Kate can carry us to a championship. Love seeing Kate in the Braves uniform instead of the hideous Detroit gear.
                                                                                      You can have her. Look what she did to Verlanders game. And I always thought it was 2 girls and a guy, not the other way around.

So if CLE wins tonight, they then would go play BOS right? I'm a Tigers fan, but Francona (sp?) going in to Boston and coming out with a series win would be funny.
                                                                                      Last edited by Irish Insanity; 10-02-2013, 05:19 PM.
                                                                                      #TeamKizer

Comment

• Originally posted by ickythump1225 View Post

Well hopefully Kate can carry us to a championship. Love seeing Kate in the Braves uniform instead of the hideous Detroit gear.
                                                                                        I approve of this cover

Comment

• Originally posted by #1rish View Post
                                                                                          Only a matter of time till the internet slaps a "Brazzers" logo on that.
                                                                                          We learned more from a three-minute record, than we ever learned in school...

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                                                            I approve of this cover
                                                                                            INDEED.

I also happen to think that Justin Upton is a total waste of a spot. Uggla may have hit worse but he plays his position well, Justin cannot hit or even get on the field to play enough to be taking up essentially two spots. Is he not an INF, meaning that he would have to be better at his given position than Uggla is as a defender...which I am not sure that he is

Comment

INDEED.

I also happen to think that Justin Upton is a total waste of a spot. Uggla may have hit worse but he plays his position well, Justin cannot hit or even get on the field to play enough to be taking up essentially two spots. Is he not an INF, meaning that he would have to be better at his given position than Uggla is as a defender...which I am not sure that he is
                                                                                              You must mean B.J. Upton? Because Justin is the good Upton (for the most part).

Comment

• Magic number: 11

Comment

• I hope the Braves fire Fredi G he is a terrible manager and shouldn't be in baseball let alone a manager. But this team is doomed with BJ Upton and Uggla on the team. Two huge money pits with 0 worth.
                                                                                                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Fister looking like **** early. This could be painful.
                                                                                                    #TeamKizer

Comment

• The hell happened to the Tigers offense?? I swear I just want to enjoy some baseball in peace... can someone please knock out those horrible beings from foston?? I don't see Oakland doing it... Come on Tigers!!!
                                                                                                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X