No announcement yet.

The boys of summer! (Baseball Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cubs need Darwin Barney back ASAP. That 2nd baseman they have now is awful on defense and I'm not sure he has even seen the ball at the plate yet.

Comment

• Jeff is hitting 96 in the 8th inning. Wow!

Comment

• Marmol

He's terrible today!

No control.

Comment

• Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
          The Cubs need Darwin Barney back ASAP. That 2nd baseman they have now is awful on defense and I'm not sure he has even seen the ball at the plate yet.
          Lillibridge made a nice diving stop but has looked completely awful at the plate. Valbuena and Lillibridge look completely lost at the plate. Oh and Marmol is still awful

Comment

• Cubs win! The Cubbies win!

Go Cubs Go!

Comment

• Mets baby!!

Comment

• The Ottoman empire still existed the last time the Cubs won the World Series... :)

Comment

• Originally posted by LoveThee View Post
                  The Ottoman empire still existed the last time the Cubs won the World Series... :)
                  Maybe you could go back in time, catch a game, and come back to this era with a good joke you learned back then...

Comment

Jeff is hitting 96 in the 8th inning. Wow!
                    He definitely brought it today.

Comment

• On the strength of today's performance, I hereby amend my Red Sox prediction to 162-0.

Comment

• Worried the Angels will get off to ANOTHER bad start, (it's like they do it 3 out of every four years) so it's already go time with biting my nails...

anyway, was following the Fox game-cast at work... those things can be nerve racking when it's bases loaded nobody out...

Struck out Bruce just now to leave em loaded... Major fist pump office style on that one.

Let's go HALOS!!!
                        This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Top of 10 Camper! Let's go Angels!

Comment

• And they said the Angels and Reds had nothing but offense... and that Cinncy had a hitters park...
                            This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• F the Dodgers.

Comment

• Not that anyone remembers my bitchin in posts... but I went off on Erik Aybar after the WBC because he always screws up in the clutch with the Angels, but was money in teh WBC... wtf!?

Well, error in the 11th... Aybar... moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                  Not that anyone remembers my bitchin in posts... but I went off on Erik Aybar after the WBC because he always screws up in the clutch with the Angels, but was money in teh WBC... wtf!?

Well, error in the 11th... Aybar... moron.
                                  This guy... lead run on third... ground out...

Comment

• I'm a Braves fan, but other than them... I'm going for the Dodgers this year. Their ownership is practically committed to destroying baseball with their overspending. It's only when something like this happens that the league starts to consider changing their structure. Personally, I would love it if LA spent to such an extent that they would break the no-cap system.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• I personally don't caps in sports... If an owner wants to spend let him... Building a team of high draft picks only to be forced to trade them or let them walk due to caps???... Bah... And with all the Josie about the Yanks and Red Sox over the past twenty years... Baseball has seen as much competitive balance as any other sport...

Just my opinion
                                      Last edited by ACamp1900; 04-01-2013, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Damn... Jeff looked NICE today! 8 very strong innings. The season's lookin' bright!
                                        Working in the South til I can retire in the North.

Comment

This guy... lead run on third... ground out...
                                          Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Aybar either.

Comment

• Solid start for the Braves. Also, it was freezing in Cincinnati today. Really glad they played extra innings.

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                              Solid start for the Braves. Also, it was freezing in Cincinnati today. Really glad they played extra innings.
                                              Nice start for the Braves. Bad outing by Timmy. Glad to see Freeman hit the ground running he is go to be a great hitter in the lineup.
                                              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• If Trout ever wonders why Pujols and Hamilton make 20 mil more a year than he does maybe the fact that they swing the bat once in a while has something to do with it??... Guy looked at the last five strikes he saw today... All in key spots... I could have done that!! Damnit.

Comment

If Trout ever wonders why Pujols and Hamilton make 20 mil more a year than he does maybe the fact that they swing the bat once in a while has something to do with it??... Guy looked at the last five strikes he saw today... All in key spots... I could have done that!! Damnit.
                                                  Mike Trout sucks...

Really though, don't look now but your Cleveland Indians are 2-0. If Masterson and Jimenez can pitch they way they did yesterday and today, watch out.

Comment

• Braves beat up Halladay today. Upton with another HR plus Heyward and Gattis and Freddie Freeman had 3 more rbi. They are going to hit a ton of HRs, score a bunch of runs and lead the world in strike outs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BurningRiver View Post
                                                      Mike Trout sucks...

Really though, don't look now but your Cleveland Indians are 2-0. If Masterson and Jimenez can pitch they way they did yesterday and today, watch out.
                                                      Boom... Michael Brantley is on fire and the pitching boys are doing well......(with the exception of Big Mouth Chris Perez) Just more of the same for that jerk.

Comment

• Originally posted by HereComeTheIrish View Post
                                                        Boom... Michael Brantley is on fire and the pitching boys are doing well......(with the exception of Big Mouth Chris Perez) Just more of the same for that jerk.
                                                        We shoulda traded Perez when we had the chance in the offseason, and this might just be me drinking too much kool-aid but Brantley could hit over .350

Comment

We shoulda traded Perez when we had the chance in the offseason, and this might just be me drinking too much kool-aid but Brantley could hit over .350
                                                          I hope so, Ignatius Dude.... I hope so. ( I have him as a utility guy on my fantasy team right now so I'm elated. :) )

Perez can pound salt. Vinny and Joe can carry the load on the back end... Get rid of CP.

Comment

I hope so, Ignatius Dude.... I hope so. ( I have him as a utility guy on my fantasy team right now so I'm elated. :) )

Perez can pound salt. Vinny and Joe can carry the load on the back end... Get rid of CP.
                                                            Perez is still a good closer, just not worth the $7 mill he's making this year. Even with Perez's occasional blown save a lead after 6 is safe 90% of the time thanks to him, Smith, and Vinnie P. Speaking of Vinnie P, his outings are like clockwork. Three up, three down, one strikeout. Every time.

Comment

• Almost 10 pm here and I'm trying to stay awake for the last two innings of my Giant's game. We have the lead 5-3 and taking the first series from the dirty Dodgers would be awesome. GO GIANT'S!!

Comment

• Cubs need to get rid of Lillibridge ASAP. Dude is terrible, how the hell do you take a backwards K with the bases juiced on a full count

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                                  Braves beat up Halladay today. Upton with another HR plus Heyward and Gattis and Freddie Freeman had 3 more rbi. They are going to hit a ton of HRs, score a bunch of runs and lead the world in strike outs.
                                                                  Yeah 7 of the first 8 outs were strikeouts. Freeman is going to be an asset to this team like a lot of people never thought he would.

Comment

Mark Reynolds hit a Fing bomb

Comment

• Q: What can 2 billion dollars buy you?
                                                                      A: An opening series loss to the Awesome San Francisco Giants! :)

F the Dodgers

Bring on St. Louis

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                        Mark Reynolds hit a Fing bomb
                                                                        It was about time. He hadn't had a hit so far this season, had three K's, two popups, and grounded into one DP. He owed us.

Comment

It was about time. He hadn't had a hit so far this season, had three K's, two popups, and grounded into one DP. He owed us.
                                                                          Well get use to that. He will hit .240's with 125-150 k's and around 30 home runs. he is a pretty good first baseman not so much at third though.

Comment

• I know its early but the Yanks are 0-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobD View Post
                                                                              Q: What can 2 billion dollars buy you?
                                                                              A: An opening series loss to the Awesome...
                                                                              Funny, I thought the beginning of this post was about the Yankees.

Comment

• Nice to see the Cubbies taking the opening series 2-1 against the Bucs. Looks like our pitching could be pretty good this year. Also, I can't wait for Barney to get back in the line up

Comment

Nice to see the Cubbies taking the opening series 2-1 against the Bucs. Looks like our pitching could be pretty good this year. Also, I can't wait for Barney to get back in the line up
                                                                                  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......(stops to catch breath)......hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha.

*sorry couldn't resist

Comment

• Pirates > Royals lol

Comment

• Originally posted by blueNDgold44 View Post
                                                                                      Pirates > Royals lol
                                                                                      You're right. Run to Vegas and put a few grand on the Cubs, I'm sure this is the year.

Comment

• Slow your roll lol. Neither Chicago team is going to do anything this year

Comment

• Originally posted by blueNDgold44 View Post
                                                                                          Slow your roll lol. Neither Chicago team is going to do anything this year
                                                                                          Was being sarcastic. I'll be surprised if the Sox win 80 games.

Comment

• All I hope for is Rizzo, The Shark, Starlin, and the minor league prospects have good seasons and we don't lose 100 games again.

Comment

• If the Cubs can get quality pitching from their first 3 pitchers then I think they can be a contender for a wild card spot

Comment

• Mike Morse for Seattle is freaking on fire to start the year.

Comment

• Sadly, the Tribe will not be 162-0 this year.

Hello, 161!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Detroit Tigers Max Scherzer pitches - ESPN
                                                                                                    #TeamKizer

Comment

• How about those Uptons?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X