The boys of summer! (Baseball Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIGERS!

Last years ridiculous batting order is nothing compared to this years. STACKED.

Comment

• I'm looking forward seeing Atlanta at Comerica Park in a couple months. Wish they played more often, which I guess they will now with the way the schedules will work.

Comment

• CUBBIES!

Comment

• TIGERS! that is all
          #TeamKizer

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

come at me bro
            I like i like

What do you think of the Upton Brothers Clashmore?
            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• I really hope the Red Sox can get it together this season. I pretty much gave up on them before Memorial Day last year.
              God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by RallySonsOfND View Post
                TIGERS!

Last years ridiculous batting order is nothing compared to this years. STACKED.
                Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                TIGERS! that is all

:)

Just kidding around with you guys. Detroit is a great team and it would be cool to play them in the WS again this year.
                Last edited by BobD; 02-11-2013, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• And the Mets lost out on Bourn. Our OF situation is...well...scary bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobD View Post

:)

Just kidding around with you guys. Detroit is a great team and it would be cool to play them in the WS again this year.

I knew you'd have a smart-*** replay BobD. haha

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                        I like i like

What do you think of the Upton Brothers Clashmore?

Awesome moves this offseason. That is going to be a really fun outfield to watch for the next 5 or so years. Would really like to see McCann have a good year coming off his surgery. Uggla could possibly hit 8th in the lineup, that is almost American League quality offense. Add in the rotation and probably the best bullpen in baseball and it should be a really fun summer and fall.

Comment

• I think it was a good move too. I really didn't like giving up Prado though. Our bullpen is going to be nasty. We have 4 guys that could be the closer. Something clicked with Minor last season and i hope it continues this year. I am a little worried about 3rd. Juan and C. Johnson really don't have the best gloves in baseball. I know that having Simmons at short that there range wont be as important but we still need good defense there.

Comment

• Michael Bourn, baby!

Comment

• Originally posted by BurningRiver View Post
                              Michael Bourn, baby!
                              Woot, Woot!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HereComeTheIrish View Post
                                Woot, Woot!!!
                                50 days til opening day!

Comment

• Originally posted by BurningRiver View Post
                                  50 days til opening day!

50 Days until you have a disappointing baseball season!

Sorry, I've been drinking Jack Daniels.

Comment

• Cleveland could have a really good team this year.

Comment

I think it was a good move too. I really didn't like giving up Prado though. Our bullpen is going to be nasty. We have 4 guys that could be the closer. Something clicked with Minor last season and i hope it continues this year. I am a little worried about 3rd. Juan and C. Johnson really don't have the best gloves in baseball. I know that having Simmons at short that there range wont be as important but we still need good defense there.
                                      I agree on Prado, hard to give someone up that was so versatile and well liked in the clubhouse. I don't know much about Johnson at all. Francisco had a really good winter ball season at the plate. If he keep that going into the season, his lack of defense won't be a big deal. I'm really excited for Simmons too, but a little anxious about him leading off.

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                        I agree on Prado, hard to give someone up that was so versatile and well liked in the clubhouse. I don't know much about Johnson at all. Francisco had a really good winter ball season at the plate. If he keep that going into the season, his lack of defense won't be a big deal. I'm really excited for Simmons too, but a little anxious about him leading off.
                                        Simmons leading off will test the young guy. But maybe his off season work out will help him. If he can't do it the only other choice is BJ Upton and thats not really any better. Should be fun to watch even though i don't care much for Freddy being the manager.

Comment

• The Yankees are my favorite team and I absolutely hate the Yankees right now.

Comment

• Could be a unyankee type season.

Comment

• Rizzo, Castro, Barney, and the rest of the youth train is ready to do some damage!

Comment

Could be a unyankee type season.
                                                Yeah i'm not expecting much. It's just a terribly put together team.

Comment

• In more terrific news... the red sox absolutely suck again....

This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• And Miguel Cabrera will win MVP again and Verlander the Cy Young. Looking forward to another great year of baseball.

Comment

• So Erik Aybar sucks butttcheks, they guy always commits some error in a big spot or goes down looking with the game on the line… but he will make a highlight play or line a double up the gap when the game is already decided… he’s chronic with it... My family and i have discussed this for years and it frustrates all of us to no end.

But of course he comes through with the big hit yesterday in the clutch… douchebag,… I can’t wait to see him traded.

Also, I am officially going with anyone but the Dominican in this thing… their antics have crossed the line of disrespectful at this point imo…
                                                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by scUM Hater View Post
                                                        And Miguel Cabrera will win MVP again and Verlander the Cy Young. Looking forward to another great year of baseball.
                                                        Now this is a guy that knows what the **** he is talking about.
                                                        #TeamKizer

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                          So Erik Aybar sucks butttcheks, they guy always commits some error in a big spot or goes down looking with the game on the line… but he will make a highlight play or line a double up the gap when the game is already decided… he’s chronic with it... My family and i have discussed this for years and it frustrates all of us to no end.

But of course he comes through with the big hit yesterday in the clutch… douchebag,… I can’t wait to see him traded.

Also, I am officially going with anyone but the Dominican in this thing… their antics have crossed the line of disrespectful at this point imo…
                                                          I haven't been able to watch any of the classic. What antics did they pull?

Comment

• Sick of all those Latin teams and their damn fans with their horns and acting like it's the Jerry Springer show.

Comment

• I don't think I'm being homerish here... This is clearly the best hotbed for baseball talent in the world... Yet we can't field a team that can ever get to the final round in this tournament... So maddening...

Comment

• I don't know about the antics, but I think it is safe to say that the USA has been surpassed at the HOTBED of the best players in MLB now. Just look at where the best players come from, generally speaking. I think I read an article a while back that talks about how the number of homegrown American baseball players, specifically African-Americans, has decreased greatly in the last twenty years.

African Americans in MLB: 8%, lowest since integration era

Ten teams opened the year with no more than one African-American on their opening-day roster. There are nearly 30 more players from the Dominican Republic than the total of African-American players. Foreign-born players account for 28.4% of members of opening-day rosters.

This was an article from last year, so I think it will be interesting to see if the numbers drop again.

When I think of all the great teams under Whitey Herzog, I don't think there was more than one or two really key contributors on those teams, other than Joaquin Andujar, Tony Pena and Jose Oquendo. That's the only 3 I can think of from that era. When I think about the Cardinals last two title teams, I can think of two position players who were catalysts for them winning as much as they did, Albert and Yadier Molina.

For better or worse, the fact that the USA is NOT able to win tells me that the global reach of baseball is much more pronounced than ever before...and that is a good thing in my opinion.

BTW, GO CARDINALS (Here's hoping that the Cards give "Minor League Guy" Oscar Taveras a great look this season).

Last edited by philipm31; 03-16-2013, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• Bullshit... We aren't able to win because you can make three full seperate rosters of Americans that didn't play that are better than the one made of players that did....

Then look at the turnout elsewhere,... Typically it's much better...

That's why we don't win this thing... Look at the overall numbers in the bigs... We still dominate, by a lot...

I agree that the global reach is a good thing, but this is still the hotbed...
                                                                  Last edited by ACamp1900; 03-16-2013, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Hey Clashmore It is getting close for the braves and still some unanswered questions for the braves. No 3rd baseman yet. I really don't like fredi's starting rotation for the season. Uggla has been a huge waste of money. Laird might be losing starting spot to Gattis. Yikes.....

Comment

Hey Clashmore It is getting close for the braves and still some unanswered questions for the braves. No 3rd baseman yet. I really don't like fredi's starting rotation for the season. Uggla has been a huge waste of money. Laird might be losing starting spot to Gattis. Yikes.....
                                                                      Figures.... I have Uggla on my fantasy team. Damn it!!!

Comment

Hey Clashmore It is getting close for the braves and still some unanswered questions for the braves. No 3rd baseman yet. I really don't like fredi's starting rotation for the season. Uggla has been a huge waste of money. Laird might be losing starting spot to Gattis. Yikes.....
                                                                        Uggla is a notoriously slow starter. No 3rd baseman has been named yet because both Johnson and Francisco have been raking this spring. Laird has been slowed by a calf strain and Gattis has been solid enough. McCann will be back mid April so that will be fine. What's not to like about rotation? Hudson, Medlen, Maholm, Minor, and Teheran (who has been really good) are more than adequate with the offense and bullpen. Plus Beachy is on track for a mid season return. That outfield is ridiculous and Simmons is going to be really good. Freddie Freeman is going to about to blow up too. Best part is outside if Hudson and McCann the team is young and under team control for a while. I'm not worried at all.

Also, Craig Kimbrel, LOL

Comment

• Nice...Have Brian McCann on my bench.

Comment

• He's been swinging fine for a couple weeks and is now just working on arm strength.

The line up is going to be the best Atlanta has had in a long time. Uggla could hit 30 HRs from the 8 hole. :)

Comment

• My Tigers have optioned to keep a guy with the last name Tuiasosopo. Not cool.
                                                                              #TeamKizer

Comment

• Hoping my GIANT'S can beat the Dodgers in their house to start off the season right!

Here is a complete schedule of opening day games (all times ET):

Atlanta Braves: vs. Philadelphia Phillies, Monday, April 1, 7:10 p.m.

Arizona Diamondbacks: vs. St. Louis Cardinals,Monday, April 1, 10:10 p.m.

Baltimore Orioles: @Tampa Bay Rays, Tuesday, April 2, 3:10 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Minnesota Twins Friday, April 5, 3:05 p.m.

Boston Red Sox: @New York Yankees, Monday, April 1, 1:05 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Baltimore Orioles, Monday, April 8, 2:05 p.m.

Chicago Cubs: @Pittsburgh Pirates, Monday, April 1, 1:35 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Milwaukee Brewers, Monday, April 8, 3:20 p.m.

Chicago White Sox: vs. Kansas City Royals, Monday, April 1, 4:10 p.m.

Cincinnati Reds: vs. Los Angeles Angels, Monday, April 1, 4:10 p.m.

Cleveland Indians: @Toronto Blue Jays, Tuesday, April 2, 7:07 p.m. | Home opener: vs. New York Yankees, Monday, April 8, 4:05 p.m.

Colorado Rockies: @Milwaukee Brewers, Monday April 1, 2:10 p.m. | Home opener: vs. San Diego Padres, Friday, April 5, 4:10 p.m.

Detroit Tigers: @Minnesota Twins, Monday April 1, 4:10 p.m. | Home opener: vs. New York Yankees, Friday, April 5, 1:05 p.m.

Houston Astros: vs. Texas Rangers, Sunday, March 31, 8 p.m.

Kansas City Royals: @Chicago White Sox, Monday, April 1, 4:10 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Minnesota Twins, Monday, April 8, 4:10 p.m.

Los Angeles Angels: @Cincinnati Reds, Monday, April 1, 4:10 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Oakland Athletics, Tueday, April 9, 10:05 p.m.

Los Angeles Dodgers: vs. San Francisco Giants, Monday, April 1, 4:10 p.m.

Miami Marlins: @Washington Nationals, Monday April 1, 1:05 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Atlanta Braves, Monday, April 8, 7:10 p.m.

Milwaukee Brewers: vs. Colorado Rockies, Monday April 1, 2:10 p.m.

Minnesota Twins: vs. Detroit Tigers, Monday April 1, 4:10 p.m.

New York Mets: vs. San Diego Padres, Monday, April 1, 1:10 p.m.

New York Yankees: vs. Boston Red Sox, Monday, April 1, 1:05 p.m.

Oakland Athletics: vs. Seattle Mariners, Monday, April 1, 10:05 p.m.

Philadelphia Phillies: @Atlanta Braves, Monday, April 1, 7:10 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Kansas City Royals, Friday, April 5, 4:05 p.m.

Pittsburgh Pirates: vs. Chicago Cubs, Monday, April 1, 1:35 p.m.

San Diego Padres: @New York Mets, Monday, April 1, 1:10 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, Tuesday, April 9, 6:40 p.m.

San Francisco Giants: @Los Angeles Dodgers, Monday, April 1, 4:10 p.m. | Home opener: vs. St. Louis Cardinals, Friday, April 5, 4:35 p.m.

Seattle Mariners: @Oakland Athletics, Monday, April 1, 10:05 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Houston Astros, Monday, April 8, 10:10 p.m.

St. Louis Cardinals: @Arizona Diamondbacks, Monday, April 1, 10:10 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Cincinnati Reds, Monday, April 8, 4:15 p.m.

Tampa Bay Rays: vs. Baltimore Orioles, Tuesday, April 2, 3:10 p.m.

Texas Rangers: @Houston Astros, Sunday, March 31, 8 p.m. | Home opener: vs. Los Angeles Angels, Friday, April 5, 2:05 p.m.

Toronto Blue Jays: vs. Cleveland Indians, Tuesday, April 2, 7:07 p.m.

Washington Nationals: vs. Miami Marlins, Monday, April 1, 1:05 p.m.

Comment

• Damn, Bryce Harper 2-2 with 2 HRs in first two ABs of the season.

Comment

• Go Cubs Go!

Comment

• The Shark with 5 Ks in the first two innings!

Comment

• I'm jealous of that hair.

Comment

• Let's go Red Sox!
                                                                                          God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Cleveland could have a really good team this year.
                                                                                            Didn't notice the italics here. Ryan Rayburn made the roster.

Comment

• Houston Astros- Undefeated and 1st place in the AL

Suck it.

Comment

• Originally posted by scUM Hater View Post
                                                                                                Didn't notice the italics here. Ryan Rayburn made the roster.
                                                                                                Watch it. Raburn's a solid bench guy. The Indians could make some noise this year.

Meanwhile, Samardzija is dealing vs. the Pirates. One hit, no runs, 7 k through 5 innings

Comment

• Originally posted by weezy View Post

Redlegs!

Just Marty Brennaman's voice. All is good. Let's go Redlegs!!

Comment

• LETS GO GIANTS! BEAT L.A.!

Comment

• JohnnyKillz' hair doesn't compare to that luscious flow that The Shark has

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X