The boys of summer! (Baseball Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by irishnd31 View Post
    So pumped about getting Puig. Think he is what is needed in the middle of that lineup for my Tribe. I don't follow the NL much. What did we just get in the outfielder from the Padres? All I know is he has 27 HRs this year.
    You got a new DH I think. Power hitter, liability in the outfield.

Comment

• Astros did what?!
      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Saw this and thought it was funny...

This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
          Astros did what?!
          The Astros needed starting pitching.

MLB team pitching stats

Comment

• Dodgers failed to address their horrible bullpen. That means, at best; they can hope to lose a third WS in a row. I doubt they get that far.

Comment

Saw this and thought it was funny...

That is awesome
              Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

Comment

• https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...ee-agents.html

With the trade deadline now over, here is a list of expected free agents this winter.

I've come up with a theme:

I count 19 under 30 years old and of that 19 about half are 29.

Rendon and Bumgarner 30 and will be coveted. Cole is 29, same.
                It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Inside the Zack Greinke deal: 24 hours that rocked the MLB trade deadline

How good is Astros' rotation with Zack Greinke? Houston trio could accomplish feat not seen in nearly a century

Astros got Diamondbacks to kick in cash ($53 mill) towards Greinke's remaining contract ($77 mill). Their payroll is now the 6th highest in BB at $168 million after the trade, and had room to get him. Greinke gets $24 million a year through 2021. Next year's payroll is $148 million but with these Free Agents 2020 Houston Astros Free Agents Cole's market value is estimated at $28 mill per year. Will Harris is a free agent.

The Greinke Trade Gives The Diamondbacks Needed Cash, Depth

Both teams are winners.

Comment

• Angels DFA'd Lucroy... days after multiple teams inquired about trading for him. Typical, they could have just kicked the tires on ANY lefty reliever but instead just give him away for free....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                      https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...ee-agents.html

With the trade deadline now over, here is a list of expected free agents this winter.

I've come up with a theme:

I count 19 under 30 years old and of that 19 about half are 29.

Rendon and Bumgarner 30 and will be coveted. Cole is 29, same.
                      I see a ton of over valued names on this list. I predict we will hear more on collusion by the owners talk when most of these names sit idle.

Comment

• When it rains it pours,... Simba and two more pitchers head to the IL. This team has to have set a record for starters getting hurt over the last five years. It’s literally every starting pitcher they’ve had over that time span, or at least feels like it

Comment

• Newly acquired Astros pitcher who is their fifth starter combined with their bullpen last night for a no-hitter. Verlander, Greinke, Cole, and Miley are their scheduled pitchers for the next four games. They are a combined 47-17. Three have ERAs less than 3 and the fourth has an ERA of 3.05.
                          Last edited by Legacy; 08-04-2019, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                            I see a ton of over valued names on this list. I predict we will hear more on collusion by the owners talk when most of these names sit idle.
                            Agreed.
                            It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• The KC Royals reportedly are being sold for $1 billion to an ownership group headed by a KC businessman, who has a 30% stake with another ownership group in the Cleveland Indians. He'll need to sell his shares for the deal to be completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                                The KC Royals reportedly are being sold for $1 billion to an ownership group headed by a KC businessman, who has a 30% stake with another ownership group in the Cleveland Indians. He'll need to sell his shares for the deal to be completed.
                                In other news, "athletes are overpaid."

That's absolutely crazy. If a sport was in need of new ownership blood, however, baseball is it.

Comment

• David Glass has owned the Royals since 2000, when he purchased the team for $96 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                                    The KC Royals reportedly are being sold for $1 billion to an ownership group headed by a KC businessman, who has a 30% stake with another ownership group in the Cleveland Indians. He'll need to sell his shares for the deal to be completed.
                                    David Glass pocketed the revenue sharing from the big market teams vs investing it back into his team. I believe the Twins owner has done the same over the years. You can’t cry over big market teams “buying” championships when you’re pocketing the subsidy they’re being forced to pay. He did the Royals a favor by selling the team assuming the new owner will try to build a winner.

Comment

In other news, "athletes are overpaid."

That's absolutely crazy. If a sport was in need of new ownership blood, however, baseball is it.
                                      I wouldn’t mind them contracting a few teams that have no chance to ever field a winner. I don’t see organizations like the Pirates & Orioles ever winning consistently. Thin the herd.

Comment

• If you are a starter and a free agent, how do you not want to play for the Astros right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                          I wouldn’t mind them contracting a few teams that have no chance to ever field a winner. I don’t see organizations like the Pirates & Orioles ever winning consistently. Thin the herd.
                                          Yet they're both historic franchises who have won titles and the Pirates used to be really, really good. I don't disagree with your general thought but you picked two bad examples.
                                          "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

• The Red Sox have fired Dave Dombrowski.

Comment

• Saw this yesterday, pretty wild:

Comment

• Yordan Alvarez is in position to win the AL Rookie of the Year award now.

I'd say Pete Alonso has the NL wrapped up.

Comment

• Ayyy sorry ACamp. No playoffs for y'all this year either

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                    Ayyy sorry ACamp. No playoffs for y'all this year either
                                                    Bullshit, there’s still time.

Comment

Bullshit, there’s still time.
                                                      My source: https://old.reddit.com/r/baseball/co...iminated_from/

With A's blowout of the Astros, the A's improved their record to 85-60, making it mathematically impossible for the Angels to reach the last wild card spot since they already have 78 losses, meaning 84 is the highest amount of wins they can finish with on the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                        Take your voodoo article and shove it! ALWest Champions!!!!

Excuse me while I go cry now,.....
                                                        Last edited by ACamp1900; 09-12-2019, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Ohtani our the rest of the year now too,..... smh

Comment

• 31 years ago... never forget:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vX4L2LHGs98" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Another entry in the "Baseball Players are Giant Babies" series (and also another entry in the "Amir Garrett is the GOAT" series):

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After Amir Garrett struck out Middletown’s Kyle Schwarber, he celebrated. <br><br>Schwarber, a crotchety old man, did not like Amir’s celebration, and told him to go back to the dugout. <br><br>Amir ran back. <a href="https://t.co/yEvlBnj6Dm">pic.twitter.com/yEvlBnj6Dm</a></p>&mdash; And This Blog Belongs To The Reds (@ATBBTTR) <a href="https://twitter.com/ATBBTTR/status/1174523877894107136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Braves clinch back to back NL East titles. This team has the makings of a potentially special one. Braves gonna be good for a long time.
                                                                "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

• Pete Alonso hit his 50th bomb.

Clayton Kershaw continues to give up bomb & Kenley Jansen continues to blow saves.

Comment

• Originally posted by ickythump1225 View Post
                                                                    Braves clinch back to back NL East titles. This team has the makings of a potentially special one. Braves gonna be good for a long time.
                                                                    They did in good fashion. Folty pitched a gem. With Acuna and Albies locked up for a little while this team should be fun to watch. And if they resign Donaldson move Acuna to right and Riley in left man this team will have some fire power.
                                                                    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-card...s-2019-season/

:)

Comment

• I can't Cub

Comment

• A Cardinals WS is second best in my world... and that's better than the other recent shit shows we've seen. Hopefully they go all the way.

Comment

A Cardinals WS is second best in my world... and that's better than the other recent shit shows we've seen. Hopefully they go all the way.
                                                                            I think i'd rather lose a nut.

Comment

A Cardinals WS is second best in my world... and that's better than the other recent shit shows we've seen. Hopefully they go all the way.
                                                                              The only team I'd rather see win the WS less than the Cardinals are the Dodgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by loomis41973 View Post
                                                                                Too late,....

Originally posted by ickythump1225 View Post
                                                                                The only team I'd rather see win the WS less than the Cardinals are the Dodgers.
                                                                                Agreed on the Dodgers at least

Comment

Yay!

Originally posted by loomis41973 View Post
                                                                                  Originally posted by ickythump1225 View Post
                                                                                  Boo!

Comment

• I just hate the Cardinals. It's like that franchise was born with a horseshoe up their ass or something. I think hatred of the Dodgers needs no explanation.

If the Braves can't win it all I'd like to see the Twins win it all the maybe the A's, Brewers or Rays.

F**K the following franchises (in order):
                                                                                    -Washington
                                                                                    -LA Dodgers
                                                                                    -StL Cardinals
                                                                                    -NY Yankees

I don't really have anything against Houston though.

Comment

• Baseball Prospectus PECOTA had the Cubs at 79 wins prior to the season.

They have 82 wins with five games left.

Comment

The 2016 and 2017 WS were amazing baseball.
                                                                                        Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Do not want: Yankees, Cardinals

Meh: Dodgers, Nationals, Braves, Twins

Want: Astros, A's, Rays, Brewers

Comment

Do not want: Yankees, Cardinals

Meh: Dodgers, Nationals, Braves, Twins

Want: Astros, A's, Rays, Brewers

Comment

Too late,....

Agreed on the Dodgers at least
                                                                                              Don’t worry, if the past two seasons are any indication, the Dodgers bats will go cold & Jansen will continue blowing saves like Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office.

1988...senior year in HS. ND wins the NC. Dodgers win the WS. I was spoiled and realize it 30+ years later when neither has done a damn thing.

Comment

• Angels might be interested in Joe Maddon.

Absolutely can't wait for that to happen. I bet his pasta sauce will sell well in Anaheim.

Comment

• I've been wanting Joe back form the moment he left... not gonna lie.

Comment

• https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/...51ou57ih94b4yf

Growing up rather poor in the hills of Kentucky, we couldn't afford much. But I did have a radio and I listened to many games called by Marty. Today's his last game and he will be missed.

Comment

• Maddon out. Been a great run Joe.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X