No announcement yet.

The boys of summer! (Baseball Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last two runs were scored on Little League-type plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
      5:45 so far. Longest World Series game ever (by time).
      i love seeing history making stuff, but this is going to kill my productivity tomorrow.

Originally posted by Irishize View Post
      The last two runs were scored on Little League-type plays.
      it's fun, but bad...
      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• for a minute, thought he'd dig out of that 3-0 hole.

Comment

• I have to drive two hours to my parents' house in six hours.

Comment

I have to drive two hours to my parents' house in six hours.
            hit the pillow dude. if not, at least cut yourself off the beerz lol.
            nobody is closing this one out tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
              hit the pillow dude. if not, at least cut yourself off the beerz lol.
              nobody is closing this one out tonight.
              I can't quit now. In too deep.

Comment

I can't quit now. In too deep.
                game, or beer. or both?

Comment

game, or beer. or both?
                  Game. Ran out of beer a normal length baseball game ago.

Comment

• The strike zone was absolutely enormous that inning.

Comment

Game. Ran out of beer a normal length baseball game ago.
                      that's tragic in any big game OT environment.
                      good for your drive though.

Comment

• LMAO.. fans just got a premature jizz

Comment

• nice dig out.
                          not sure he'll last much longer before giving up a big one.
                          need to get this out, and get some bat action.

Comment

• Win or lose, Eovaldi is a damn hero.

Comment

Win or lose, Eovaldi is a damn hero.
                              yes sir.
                              and a certain 0-7 batter is not.. at least not yet... could get another chance in the 18th...

Comment

• getting past puig was big..

Comment

• I'm out of beer. Getting pretty light on wine. The kids will be up in three hours. Let's Go Sox.

Comment

• Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                                    I'm out of beer. Getting pretty light on wine. The kids will be up in three hours. Let's Go Sox.
                                    i've already tapped into tomorrow's FB beer. thank goodness I over-bought this week.

Comment

• 7+ hours now....
                                      so do they stop selling beer at the stadium after the 8th?

Comment

• Wow finally over! Crazy crazy crazy game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• was just thinking they have to pull him. then they started talking about the pitch count.. and then the guy that went long on the foul ball a bit earlier... then boom. costly loss.
                                          sucks, but at least i can go to my pillow.

Comment

• Just rolled out of bed after staying up to watch that entire game. Glad Dodgers won but this ‘all or nothing’ ball vs manufacturing runs is frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                              Just rolled out of bed after staying up to watch that entire game. Glad Dodgers won but this Ďall or nothingí ball vs manufacturing runs is frustrating.
                                              very frustrating. both teams were doing it. hated the outcome, but entertaining.

i stayed up too, and then couldn't get to sleep. and then... woke up after 3ish hours of sleep. gonna be a long day.

Comment

very frustrating. both teams were doing it. hated the outcome, but entertaining.

i stayed up too, and then couldn't get to sleep. and then... woke up after 3ish hours of sleep. gonna be a long day.
                                                Agreed. I think Dodgers are worse b/c itís what got them here. I started losing count of all the infield pop outs. I donít know what most MLB players do in off season, but Iíd devote some time to hitting against the shift or at least how to bunt. Youíd think at least players in their option year would do it so they can cash in.

Comment

Agreed. I think Dodgers are worse b/c itís what got them here. I started losing count of all the infield pop outs. I donít know what most MLB players do in off season, but Iíd devote some time to hitting against the shift or at least how to bunt. Youíd think at least players in their option year would do it so they can cash in.
                                                  I think they were just tired, wanted it to end, and/or wanted to be the hero and end it with a crush. Agree that LA did it a little more. I think Boston had a few decent innings where not everyone swung for the fence. Felt bad for Eovaldi. Had a bad feeling that started when Muncy was on deck after he hit a foul out of the park a few innings before.

I don't follow baseball all that much anymore, but last night was a game that pulled me in. I typically can't muster enough "care" unless the Cubs are playing. I think LA beats them bad tonight.

Comment

I think they were just tired, wanted it to end, and/or wanted to be the hero and end it with a crush. Agree that LA did it a little more. I think Boston had a few decent innings where not everyone swung for the fence. Felt bad for Eovaldi. Had a bad feeling that started when Muncy was on deck after he hit a foul out of the park a few innings before.

I don't follow baseball all that much anymore, but last night was a game that pulled me in. I typically can't muster enough "care" unless the Cubs are playing. I think LA beats them bad tonight.
                                                    I hope so but fear my Dodgers are as cursed as my Irish. 1988....and still waiting. I was spoiled growing up b/c both teams were always in the championship mix. Shouldíve appreciated it more then.

Comment

Itís funny though...when Muncy it that foul ball that missed winning the game be a few feet...those types of at-bats almost always end in a strikeout. Everyone forgets to take into account that the pitcher knows he got away w/ a mistake pitch and will adjust accordingly. Credit Eovaldi for doing just that.

You & Wizards are right, though, I thought they left him in one inning too long. To his credit he was still dealing and lighting up the radar gun. He should make some money in the off season.

Comment

Itís funny though...when Muncy it that foul ball that missed winning the game be a few feet...those types of at-bats almost always end in a strikeout. Everyone forgets to take into account that the pitcher knows he got away w/ a mistake pitch and will adjust accordingly. Credit Eovaldi for doing just that.

You & Wizards are right, though, I thought they left him in one inning too long. To his credit he was still dealing and lighting up the radar gun. He should make some money in the off season.
                                                        Just a bad situation in terms of availability. I think I saw a stat that both teams used 46 of a combined 50 players.....

wonder how fresh either team will be. advantage definitely to the home team.

hate that it's on the same time ND is playing. hoping we get another long treat, but doubt I can stay up again tonight. just glad i got extra beer earlier in the week lol.

Comment

• I mean... he's not wrong.

Comment

• he's not wrong at all. spot on from what i followed.

but happy for the bosox.

Comment

I mean... he's not wrong.
                                                              Rare time I agree with the man. Managers pull hot starters too fast all the time.

Comment

Rare time I agree with the man. Managers pull hot starters too fast all the time.
                                                                and some times like last night, they let others stay too long.

Comment

I was more upset w/ Roberts choice to go w/ Jansen in the 8th. After choking last night in the 8th why repeat that w/ someone like Baez in the pen? Alexander comes out of the pen and throws four straight balls?!? Inexcusable. He should have to pay back some of his salary.

This loss was inexcusable and 100% on Roberts. I like Dave and he seems like a great guy but he cost his team a win tonight. I realize most will disagree w/ me but those bullpen moves were atrocious. Itís like he had money on the BoSox.

Jansenís cutter no longer cuts...Iíll be surprised if he remains the closer next year. Looks like the BoSox will clinch in LA after all.

Comment

I was more upset w/ Roberts choice to go w/ Jansen in the 8th. After choking last night in the 8th why repeat that w/ someone like Baez in the pen? Alexander comes out of the pen and throws four straight balls?!? Inexcusable. He should have to pay back some of his salary.

This loss was inexcusable and 100% on Roberts. I like Dave and he seems like a great guy but he cost his team a win tonight. I realize most will disagree w/ me but those bullpen moves were atrocious. Itís like he had money on the BoSox.

Jansenís cutter no longer cuts...Iíll be surprised if he remains the closer next year. Looks like the BoSox will clinch in LA after all.
                                                                    I called last night, or early this morning, that LA would shell Boston. Glad I was wrong. Huge pile of shit by LA especially being up like they were early.

Comment

• BEAT LA
                                                                      "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

• Hoping they drill Machado.

Comment

• #DamageDone

Next up, #DoYourJob

Comment

• Love it

Comment

• Congrats BoSox!!

Comment

• Just glad LA didn't win. I like the Red Sox organization.
                                                                                "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

• Dave Roberts will be rightly criticized for his roster management & bullpen choices....especially in Game 4.

That being said, BoSox were better team. Regardless of who won between Houston & Boston, I figured they’d win it all. Just hoping LA would make it interesting.

Comment

• I'm curious who Dodger fans think they can get who will be significantly better than Dave Roberts?

Ask a Nationals fan maybe.
                                                                                    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

Hoping they drill Machado.
                                                                                      He made himself look like a real jackass.
                                                                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Ba-Rah,... what in the hell is this!?!

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...photo-16563198
                                                                                        This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• At least they came up with another stupid uniform..... every single baseball person on the planet knew going back to their OG unis was the right move, except for the dips running the team.
                                                                                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• The Boys of <strike>Summer</strike> Winter/Spring are back!

Pitchers & Catchers report today here in AZ

Except for the A's. They reported on Sunday to figure out what to do about Kyler Murray.

Comment

• Looking forward to this season.

Comment

• Angels need another starter and Dallas K is just sitting there... really hoping they make one last move soon. If they can just stay healthy and add one good starter they'd have a chance. We shall see.

Comment

• The Reds might not be much better this year, but they will at least be interesting and entertaining.

Renewed interest in Cincinnati baseball for the first time in a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                                                      The Reds might not be much better this year, but they will at least be interesting and entertaining.

Renewed interest in Cincinnati baseball for the first time in a few years.
                                                                                                      Sucks that they and the Pirates both went through the down years... got good for a couple years and fell right back down shortly after. Would have been good for both to stay competitive for a while longer.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X