Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The boys of summer! (Baseball Thread)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The last two runs were scored on Little League-type plays.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
      5:45 so far. Longest World Series game ever (by time).
      i love seeing history making stuff, but this is going to kill my productivity tomorrow.

      Originally posted by Irishize View Post
      The last two runs were scored on Little League-type plays.
      it's fun, but bad...
      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

      Comment


      • for a minute, thought he'd dig out of that 3-0 hole.
        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

        Comment


        • I have to drive two hours to my parents' house in six hours.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
            I have to drive two hours to my parents' house in six hours.
            hit the pillow dude. if not, at least cut yourself off the beerz lol.
            nobody is closing this one out tonight.
            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
              hit the pillow dude. if not, at least cut yourself off the beerz lol.
              nobody is closing this one out tonight.
              I can't quit now. In too deep.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                I can't quit now. In too deep.
                game, or beer. or both?
                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                  game, or beer. or both?
                  Game. Ran out of beer a normal length baseball game ago.

                  Comment


                  • The strike zone was absolutely enormous that inning.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                      Game. Ran out of beer a normal length baseball game ago.
                      that's tragic in any big game OT environment.
                      good for your drive though.
                      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                      Comment


                      • LMAO.. fans just got a premature jizz
                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                        Comment


                        • nice dig out.
                          not sure he'll last much longer before giving up a big one.
                          need to get this out, and get some bat action.
                          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                          Comment


                          • Win or lose, Eovaldi is a damn hero.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                              Win or lose, Eovaldi is a damn hero.
                              yes sir.
                              and a certain 0-7 batter is not.. at least not yet... could get another chance in the 18th...
                              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                              Comment


                              • getting past puig was big..
                                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                Comment


                                • I'm out of beer. Getting pretty light on wine. The kids will be up in three hours. Let's Go Sox.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                                    I'm out of beer. Getting pretty light on wine. The kids will be up in three hours. Let's Go Sox.
                                    i've already tapped into tomorrow's FB beer. thank goodness I over-bought this week.
                                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                    Comment


                                    • 7+ hours now....
                                      so do they stop selling beer at the stadium after the 8th?
                                      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                      Comment


                                      • Wow finally over! Crazy crazy crazy game!


                                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                        Comment


                                        • was just thinking they have to pull him. then they started talking about the pitch count.. and then the guy that went long on the foul ball a bit earlier... then boom. costly loss.
                                          sucks, but at least i can go to my pillow.
                                          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                          Comment


                                          • Just rolled out of bed after staying up to watch that entire game. Glad Dodgers won but this ‘all or nothing’ ball vs manufacturing runs is frustrating.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                              Just rolled out of bed after staying up to watch that entire game. Glad Dodgers won but this Ďall or nothingí ball vs manufacturing runs is frustrating.
                                              very frustrating. both teams were doing it. hated the outcome, but entertaining.

                                              i stayed up too, and then couldn't get to sleep. and then... woke up after 3ish hours of sleep. gonna be a long day.
                                              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                very frustrating. both teams were doing it. hated the outcome, but entertaining.

                                                i stayed up too, and then couldn't get to sleep. and then... woke up after 3ish hours of sleep. gonna be a long day.
                                                Agreed. I think Dodgers are worse b/c itís what got them here. I started losing count of all the infield pop outs. I donít know what most MLB players do in off season, but Iíd devote some time to hitting against the shift or at least how to bunt. Youíd think at least players in their option year would do it so they can cash in.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                                  Agreed. I think Dodgers are worse b/c itís what got them here. I started losing count of all the infield pop outs. I donít know what most MLB players do in off season, but Iíd devote some time to hitting against the shift or at least how to bunt. Youíd think at least players in their option year would do it so they can cash in.
                                                  I think they were just tired, wanted it to end, and/or wanted to be the hero and end it with a crush. Agree that LA did it a little more. I think Boston had a few decent innings where not everyone swung for the fence. Felt bad for Eovaldi. Had a bad feeling that started when Muncy was on deck after he hit a foul out of the park a few innings before.

                                                  I don't follow baseball all that much anymore, but last night was a game that pulled me in. I typically can't muster enough "care" unless the Cubs are playing. I think LA beats them bad tonight.
                                                  The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                  Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                    I think they were just tired, wanted it to end, and/or wanted to be the hero and end it with a crush. Agree that LA did it a little more. I think Boston had a few decent innings where not everyone swung for the fence. Felt bad for Eovaldi. Had a bad feeling that started when Muncy was on deck after he hit a foul out of the park a few innings before.

                                                    I don't follow baseball all that much anymore, but last night was a game that pulled me in. I typically can't muster enough "care" unless the Cubs are playing. I think LA beats them bad tonight.
                                                    I hope so but fear my Dodgers are as cursed as my Irish. 1988....and still waiting. I was spoiled growing up b/c both teams were always in the championship mix. Shouldíve appreciated it more then.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                      I think they were just tired, wanted it to end, and/or wanted to be the hero and end it with a crush. Agree that LA did it a little more. I think Boston had a few decent innings where not everyone swung for the fence. Felt bad for Eovaldi. Had a bad feeling that started when Muncy was on deck after he hit a foul out of the park a few innings before.

                                                      I don't follow baseball all that much anymore, but last night was a game that pulled me in. I typically can't muster enough "care" unless the Cubs are playing. I think LA beats them bad tonight.
                                                      Itís funny though...when Muncy it that foul ball that missed winning the game be a few feet...those types of at-bats almost always end in a strikeout. Everyone forgets to take into account that the pitcher knows he got away w/ a mistake pitch and will adjust accordingly. Credit Eovaldi for doing just that.

                                                      You & Wizards are right, though, I thought they left him in one inning too long. To his credit he was still dealing and lighting up the radar gun. He should make some money in the off season.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                                        Itís funny though...when Muncy it that foul ball that missed winning the game be a few feet...those types of at-bats almost always end in a strikeout. Everyone forgets to take into account that the pitcher knows he got away w/ a mistake pitch and will adjust accordingly. Credit Eovaldi for doing just that.

                                                        You & Wizards are right, though, I thought they left him in one inning too long. To his credit he was still dealing and lighting up the radar gun. He should make some money in the off season.
                                                        Just a bad situation in terms of availability. I think I saw a stat that both teams used 46 of a combined 50 players.....

                                                        wonder how fresh either team will be. advantage definitely to the home team.

                                                        hate that it's on the same time ND is playing. hoping we get another long treat, but doubt I can stay up again tonight. just glad i got extra beer earlier in the week lol.
                                                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                        Comment




                                                        • I mean... he's not wrong.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • he's not wrong at all. spot on from what i followed.

                                                            but happy for the bosox.
                                                            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post


                                                              I mean... he's not wrong.
                                                              Rare time I agree with the man. Managers pull hot starters too fast all the time.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                                                                Rare time I agree with the man. Managers pull hot starters too fast all the time.
                                                                and some times like last night, they let others stay too long.
                                                                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                Comment


                                                                • Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                                                                  Rare time I agree with the man. Managers pull hot starters too fast all the time.
                                                                  I was more upset w/ Roberts choice to go w/ Jansen in the 8th. After choking last night in the 8th why repeat that w/ someone like Baez in the pen? Alexander comes out of the pen and throws four straight balls?!? Inexcusable. He should have to pay back some of his salary.

                                                                  This loss was inexcusable and 100% on Roberts. I like Dave and he seems like a great guy but he cost his team a win tonight. I realize most will disagree w/ me but those bullpen moves were atrocious. Itís like he had money on the BoSox.

                                                                  Jansenís cutter no longer cuts...Iíll be surprised if he remains the closer next year. Looks like the BoSox will clinch in LA after all.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                                                    I was more upset w/ Roberts choice to go w/ Jansen in the 8th. After choking last night in the 8th why repeat that w/ someone like Baez in the pen? Alexander comes out of the pen and throws four straight balls?!? Inexcusable. He should have to pay back some of his salary.

                                                                    This loss was inexcusable and 100% on Roberts. I like Dave and he seems like a great guy but he cost his team a win tonight. I realize most will disagree w/ me but those bullpen moves were atrocious. Itís like he had money on the BoSox.

                                                                    Jansenís cutter no longer cuts...Iíll be surprised if he remains the closer next year. Looks like the BoSox will clinch in LA after all.
                                                                    I called last night, or early this morning, that LA would shell Boston. Glad I was wrong. Huge pile of shit by LA especially being up like they were early.
                                                                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • BEAT LA
                                                                      "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Hoping they drill Machado.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #DamageDone

                                                                          Next up, #DoYourJob

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • Love it

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Congrats BoSox!!
                                                                              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Just glad LA didn't win. I like the Red Sox organization.
                                                                                "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Dave Roberts will be rightly criticized for his roster management & bullpen choices....especially in Game 4.

                                                                                  That being said, BoSox were better team. Regardless of who won between Houston & Boston, I figured they’d win it all. Just hoping LA would make it interesting.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • I'm curious who Dodger fans think they can get who will be significantly better than Dave Roberts?

                                                                                    Ask a Nationals fan maybe.
                                                                                    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                                                                                      Hoping they drill Machado.
                                                                                      He made himself look like a real jackass.
                                                                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • Ba-Rah,... what in the hell is this!?!


                                                                                        https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...photo-16563198
                                                                                        This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                                        Comment




                                                                                        • At least they came up with another stupid uniform..... every single baseball person on the planet knew going back to their OG unis was the right move, except for the dips running the team.
                                                                                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • The Boys of <strike>Summer</strike> Winter/Spring are back!

                                                                                              Pitchers & Catchers report today here in AZ

                                                                                              Except for the A's. They reported on Sunday to figure out what to do about Kyler Murray.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • Looking forward to this season.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • Angels need another starter and Dallas K is just sitting there... really hoping they make one last move soon. If they can just stay healthy and add one good starter they'd have a chance. We shall see.
                                                                                                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • The Reds might not be much better this year, but they will at least be interesting and entertaining.

                                                                                                    Renewed interest in Cincinnati baseball for the first time in a few years.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                                                      The Reds might not be much better this year, but they will at least be interesting and entertaining.

                                                                                                      Renewed interest in Cincinnati baseball for the first time in a few years.
                                                                                                      Sucks that they and the Pirates both went through the down years... got good for a couple years and fell right back down shortly after. Would have been good for both to stay competitive for a while longer.
                                                                                                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X