Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The boys of summer! (Baseball Thread)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
    You didn't have tickets to the game and you're an Angels fan, why would I expect you to be on time to Dodger Stadium? If I had ALCS tickets I'd be an hour early at a minimum. You take the day off work or don't buy the tickets.
    In bawston... Frankly I’m fucking sick of hearing pretentious east coasters talk about this... I get it, your culture is way more up tight, far more myopic and cynical, you have far less traffic, far fewer things to do, your food sucks, your weather is shit and you’re all surrounded by equally miserable people... I’d rush to the ballpark too... it doesn’t make you better fans. Like why dafaq would I care how some dip from the other side of the country chooses to attend their games?
    Last edited by ACamp1900; 10-17-2018, 06:47 PM.
    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
      In bawston... Frankly I’m fucking sick of hearing pretentious east coasters talk about this... I get it, your culture is way more up tight, far more myopic and cynical, you have far less traffic, far fewer things to do, your food sucks, your weather is shit and you’re all surrounded by equally miserable people... I’d rush to the ballpark too... it doesn’t make you better fans. Like why dafaq would I care how some dip from the other side of the country chooses to attend their games?
      I'm almost certain I've seen you criticize Stanford fans for exactly the reasons I'm saying.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
        I'm almost certain I've seen you criticize Stanford fans for exactly the reasons I'm saying.
        ... maybe? I honestly don’t remember ever having a thought of Stanford fans one way or the other... but that would be different, saying one base is trash is a bit different from saying an entire state/region sucks and needs to have every team taken from them...

        “Raiders fans as a base are trashy and far too thuggish.” =/= “All Cali fans suck ass.” Anymore than saying “ Sawx fans are overly pretentious and generally racist “ equals “All east coast fans suck ass”
        Last edited by ACamp1900; 10-17-2018, 07:02 PM.
        This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

        Comment


        • Me: I'm gonna subtweet my dude Camp because he's the only person who reads this thread.

          Camp: Gets all serious and butthurt.

          Sorry man. It was a joke.

          Comment


          • 1: Driving to Dodger Stadium sucks. It's just how the place is designed. There's only two ways in and out, and a whole lot of people drive there. Take the bus from Union Station.

            2: Game 2 of the ALCS on Sunday in Boston, tickets could be had for less than $40 on Stubhub Sunday afternoon. It was cold, they'd lost Game One and the Pats were playing that night too. (I'm a Sox fan, BTW, and lived in LA for a bit)

            3: They're two of the four or five best franchises, and fan bases, in baseball. It's not like we're talking about the Angels here.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
              Me: I'm gonna subtweet my dude Camp because he's the only person who reads this thread.

              Camp: Gets all serious and butthurt.

              Sorry man. It was a joke.
              My fault, I Donald Duckd all over that one...
              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post

                3: They're two of the four or five best franchises, and fan bases, in baseball. It's not like we're talking about the Angels here.
                Who have led the AL in attendance more than any other team I believe... without having top five history... were good out here.
                This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                  Who have led the AL in attendance more than any other team I believe... without having top five history... were good out here.
                  Not in the last decade, at least (though generally top five to ten in MLB, which is certainly solid).
                  2008 MLB Attendance - Major League Baseball - ESPN
                  Congrats on having a large stadium, nice weather and rally monkeys.

                  Your buttons are pretty easy to push on this though, huh?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                    JBJ!
                    This!

                    Comment


                    • Dodger Stadium is the most nightmarish venue I’ve ever been too tho in terms of getting to and fro, that’s true. I happened on free tickets through friends twice last year, decided against it both times because, “fuck do I really want to deal with that traffic for a Dodger game??” I get anxiety just thinking about all those headlights just sitting there..
                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                        Not in the last decade, at least (though generally top five to ten in MLB, which is certainly solid).
                        2008 MLB Attendance - Major League Baseball - ESPN
                        Congrats on having a large stadium, nice weather and rally monkeys.

                        Your buttons are pretty easy to push on this though, huh?
                        Congrats to the Yankees... the Angels have consistently been right there, long before a winning team was a thing... numerous times they’ve led the AL over the years, did forget the Yanks tho
                        This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                          Dodger Stadium is the most nightmarish venue I’ve ever been too tho in terms of getting to and fro, that’s true. I happened on free tickets through friends twice last year, decided against it both times because, “fuck do I really want to deal with that traffic for a Dodger game??” I get anxiety just thinking about all those headlights just sitting there..
                          Once you get there, though, it is pretty cool.

                          Comment


                          • Dnwysncowbdydowbxtdkn2c!!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • Craig Kimbrel is going to give me a heart attack.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                                Craig Kimbrel is going to give me a heart attack.
                                Top five game of all time for me for pure entertainment value.

                                October 18, 2018 (4.5 hours, fan interference, JBJ, Mookie's throw from right, Benintendi's catch)
                                September 10, 1999 (Pedro strikes out 17 Yankees in a 1-hitter)
                                October 13, 2013 (David Ortiz grand slam in ALCS game 2 against the Tigers)
                                October 12, 2004 (ALCS game 4 against the Yankees, the start of the comeback)
                                July 13, 1999 (my 10th birthday, Ted Williams shows up, All Century Team, Pedro strikes out Barry Larkin, Larry Walker, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, and Jeff Bagwell in two innings with the filthiest pitches you've ever seen)

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                                  Top five game of all time for me for pure entertainment value.

                                  October 18, 2018 (4.5 hours, fan interference, JBJ, Mookie's throw from right, Benintendi's catch)
                                  September 10, 1999 (Pedro strikes out 17 Yankees in a 1-hitter)
                                  October 13, 2013 (David Ortiz grand slam in ALCS game 2 against the Tigers)
                                  October 12, 2004 (ALCS game 4 against the Yankees, the start of the comeback)
                                  July 13, 1999 (my 10th birthday, Ted Williams shows up, All Century Team, Pedro strikes out Barry Larkin, Larry Walker, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, and Jeff Bagwell in two innings with the filthiest pitches you've ever seen)
                                  April 29, 1986 - Rocket mows down 20

                                  Comment


                                  • [QUOTE=wizards8507;2050476]Top five game of all time for me for pure entertainment value.

                                    October 18, 2018 (4.5 hours, fan interference, JBJ, Mookie's throw from right, Benintendi's catch)
                                    September 10, 1999 (Pedro strikes out 17 Yankees in a 1-hitter)
                                    October 13, 2013 (David Ortiz grand slam in ALCS game 2 against the Tigers)
                                    October 12, 2004 (ALCS game 4 against the Yankees, the start of the comeback)
                                    July 13, 1999 (my 10th birthday, Ted Williams shows up, All Century Team, Pedro strikes out Barry Larkin, Larry Walker, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, and Jeff Bagwell in two innings with the filthiest pitches you've ever seen)[/QUOTE]

                                    And promptly got hurt. But that was awesome. The All Star Game to which all others must be compared.

                                    Comment


                                    • October 21st, 1975. Carlton Fisk HR in the 12th in game 6 vs the REDS forcing the epic series to go 7.Bernie Carbo hit a (sometimes forgotten) big hr in the 8th to force the tie

                                      Comment


                                      • The 94 All Star game will always be the best for me... last one that really felt like a true GAME. HR derby was legit with Frank hitting balls where no one thought possible, Jr wins his first... the game came down to the final at bat with the NL winning for the first time in years in a NL park, it felt like a playoff game.
                                        This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by irish2018 View Post
                                          October 21st, 1975. Carlton Fisk HR in the 12th in game 6 vs the REDS forcing the epic series to go 7.Bernie Carbo hit a (sometimes forgotten) big hr in the 8th to force the tie
                                          If I remember correctly, which is always up for debate, I think he pinch hit for Jerry Remy?
                                          That was a epic game for sure.
                                          "Hope is for those people who aren't prepared" Lou Holtz

                                          Comment


                                          • To clarify, Bernie pinch hit HR, not the Fisk game winner.
                                            "Hope is for those people who aren't prepared" Lou Holtz

                                            Comment


                                            • Yep, was all over this when it happened... the theories/rumors out here in order of general acceptance/believability:

                                              1.) They can't opt out again for many years and want some things addressed now. There is no intention of moving.
                                              2.) They are moving to Inglewood and this is the first domino
                                              3.) They are moving to Las Vegas and this is the first domino
                                              4.) They are moving somewhere else in So Cal like Fontana and this is the first domino.

                                              Anaheim has had massive development around the Big A in the last ten years, it's nothing like what I grew up with. I seriously doubt Anaheim let's them leave if they have any say in it whatsoever. We will see, I love the Big A but would okay with a new park in So Cal.
                                              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                              Comment


                                              • Dear Billionaire Sports Franchise Owners,

                                                Build your own damn stadiums.

                                                Sincerely,
                                                Everybody

                                                Comment


                                                • Yep... I'll add there should be a law that says the second a sports franchise takes one cent of local public money they cannot move that general area, ever. I'm sick of American sports franchises just up and moving at will...
                                                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Hader in already, not good for the Brewers...
                                                    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Brad Ausmus hired by the Angels..... I am Jacks complete lack of enthusiasm
                                                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Is there a World Series thread?

                                                        Comment


                                                        • You’re in it
                                                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • I don't watch much National League ball and that hitch in Kershaw's delivery triggers me so hard. It's like watching Daisuke again.

                                                            #DoDamage

                                                            Comment


                                                            • JBJ

                                                              Comment


                                                              • Dodgers are going to get swept. If they lose tonight they may as well concede b/c everyone knows they’ll win game 4 only to lose the clincher back in Boston.

                                                                Dodgers lineup from top to bottom swings for the fences every at-bat. Boston can actually produce runs. Roberts bares a lot of the blame too for overthinking the righty/lefty crap.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                                                  Dodgers are going to get swept. If they lose tonight they may as well concede b/c everyone knows they’ll win game 4 only to lose the clincher back in Boston.

                                                                  Dodgers lineup from top to bottom swings for the fences every at-bat. Boston can actually produce runs. Roberts bares a lot of the blame too for overthinking the righty/lefty crap.
                                                                  Game 5 would be in LA. MLB is 2-3-2 not 2-2-1-1-1.

                                                                  But agreed.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                                                                    Game 5 would be in LA. MLB is 2-3-2 not 2-2-1-1-1.

                                                                    But agreed.
                                                                    I know. Had too many beers & pissed off. Muncy, Grandal & Hernandez have been absolutely worthless. Madson shit the bed after a solid NLCS. Roberts is a great guy & a decent MGR but he’s benefitting from a stacked roster b/c his decision making is cringe worthy.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • 1-1 in the 9th. good stuff, but only half watching.
                                                                      hoping for extra time so i can watch after IU comes back and get a road victory over MN!
                                                                      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • 1988 was a looooooong time ago for two of my favorite teams: Notre Dame & the Dodgers.

                                                                        LA needs a miracle...especially if they win tonight. Notre Dame is a long shot, too but it beats 2016.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • a little run down action in the 9th... how often does that happen in a 1-1 WS in the 9th.
                                                                          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                            a little run down action in the 9th... how often does that happen in a 1-1 WS in the 9th.
                                                                            There've only been about seven hits the whole game, and two rundowns (Sox had a guy caught up earlier in the game)

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                                                                              There've only been about seven hits the whole game, and two rundowns (Sox had a guy caught up earlier in the game)
                                                                              not saying run downs don't happen. just haven't seen many in the 9th of a WS with a tie score. not sure what his stats were, but he left way too early. big error IMO.
                                                                              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • 101 on that last SO to end the 12th.
                                                                                I want to hit the pillow, but just can't.
                                                                                Go Sox.
                                                                                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Fucking hell.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • 0-6, and you end the bases loaded inning with that.....
                                                                                      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • I thought it was late when game 4 of the ALCS ended at 1:14. So much for that.

                                                                                        So who the hell pitches tomorrow? Sale on short rest?

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • Eduardo Nunez... bah gawd he's broken in half.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                                                                                            I thought it was late when game 4 of the ALCS ended at 1:14. So much for that.

                                                                                            So who the hell pitches tomorrow? Sale on short rest?
                                                                                            This could go a lot later is LA can capitalize.
                                                                                            Definitely sleeping in tomorrow.
                                                                                            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • holy cow that was awful.
                                                                                              tie game.
                                                                                              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • Ffs.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • tied for the longest Sox-Dods (innings) right?
                                                                                                  14th here we come...
                                                                                                  The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                                  Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • 5:45 so far. Longest World Series game ever (by time).

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X