The boys of summer! (Baseball Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NDgradstudent View Post
    The Marlins park is a candidate for ugliest MLB ballpark.
    Wait until Jeter and Bush get in there... remove that, 'thing' in center field and it's a much better park just there.......
    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by GEORGIA DOMER View Post
      Have not watched in a few years. Love it. Kids have gravitated to my room. It's electric at my house would love to be in Miami
      The last couple years were the best I've ever seen... this is living up to it too... the new 1v1 timed format is boss hog.
      Last edited by ACamp1900; 07-10-2017, 08:37 PM.
      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Love the bonus time as well

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
          i said the same thing!
          Just to be clear... you agree on BOTH points right?? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
            Just to be clear... you agree on BOTH points right?? ;)
            Correct Homie!
            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
              Correct Homie!

Comment

• This is Aaron Judge's world now everybody... we're all just living in it.

Comment

This is Aaron Judge's world now everybody... we're all just living in it.
                  I mean really! 2 over 500ft crazy

Comment

Bour just put on a show!!!! Both Judge and Staton done in the first round....

Say that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• 11 for the win!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                        Say that again.

That

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

• Dude. Baseball has to be able to sell Garper, Trout, Judge with ease... just sell these guys !!!

Comment

• Judge is an absolute beast!

Comment

• I don't remember Judge as a recruit. And apparently ND offered? I don't remember him. You guys?

Comment

• My mother just texted, ' What happened to Berman and 'back, back, back,'? I don't want to listen to some washed up softball player call the HR Derby!!"

I responded: "You don't like the idea of calling the HR Derby?!?"

Roasting parents... American tradition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                    I don't remember Judge as a recruit. And apparently ND offered? I don't remember him. You guys?

Was he officially offered? All I heard was that Stanford, ND & UCLA had interest in him for football. Evidently, he was a helluva TE as well as averaging a double/double in basketball. Looks like he made the right choice when he opted to play baseball at Fresno St.

Comment

• Originally posted by nlroma1o View Post
                                      Judge is an absolute beast!
                                      In baseball they have easy gas where a pitcher throws 95 mph effortlessly, Judge had easy power. The guy can swat a baseball seemingly effortlessly over 500 ft. He also sprays them all over which is more impressive. Guy will be the face of baseball for years to come

Comment

• Harper with a knee injury,... initial reports are that it's a torn ACL and PCL.

Comment

Harper with a knee injury,... initial reports are that it's a torn ACL and PCL.
                                          Saw it on SC. Looked really bad. Big loss for the Nats and MLB.
                                          60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                            Saw it on SC. Looked really bad. Big loss for the Nats and MLB.

TBH it looked similar to Smith's injury. For Harper's sake I hope it isn't as damaging.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
                                              TBH it looked similar to Smith's injury. For Harper's sake I hope it isn't as damaging.
                                              ESPN is saying no ligament tears, just bruising. I don't know how tf he didn't tear anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                ESPN is saying no ligament tears, just bruising. I don't know how tf he didn't tear anything.

Gotta be the hair

Comment

• Take that Elephant Boy:

http://www.12up.com/posts/5475149-an...in?a_aid=40030

Comment

• And the Angels just traded for Justin Upton... hmmm...

Comment

• Detroit Tigers will not renew contract of manager Brad Ausmus

Number 1
                                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• freaking halos can't hit, at the worst possible time.. now after sweeping us I have no doubt Cleveland will go and drop two of three to the Twins...

fun times.

Comment

• MLB has to be loving the prospect of a Dodgers v Yankees World Series! We haven't had too many premier match-ups like that in the last 20 or so years... a lot of randomness and smaller market draws. It's also my understanding that the ratings have been really good as is, though I haven't done much looking into that, just headlines and such.

Comment

MLB has to be loving the prospect of a Dodgers v Yankees World Series! We haven't had too many premier match-ups like that in the last 20 or so years... a lot of randomness and smaller market draws. It's also my understanding that the ratings have been really good as is, though I haven't done much looking into that, just headlines and such.
                                                            People here love the Astros, and have been following

Comment

MLB has to be loving the prospect of a Dodgers v Yankees World Series! We haven't had too many premier match-ups like that in the last 20 or so years... a lot of randomness and smaller market draws. It's also my understanding that the ratings have been really good as is, though I haven't done much looking into that, just headlines and such.
                                                              Besides missing the Red Sox, it's a dream final four for MLB. But the Astros are the best Plan B possible. You get a better team than the Red Sox and even the Indians (when you consider record vs the division they play in) plus they're from a bigger market who has all of the story lines from Hurricane Matthew to add to the storyline. And the nation gets to know Jose Altuve & Carlos Correa.

Comment

• Fuck the Dodgers. I've been pulling for the Yankees since the postseason started, but no matter who wins the ALCS the mission is the same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTAzXg6l77A
                                                                "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

• They're gonna sell a lot of these...

Comment

• The Cubs lose and all is right with the world

Comment

• Poor Joe Maddon. Twitter, the evil media and not getting on base were all too much to overcome.
                                                                      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Any Orioles fans here? Or just knowledgeable person lol. Looks like both the Cardinals and the Cubs could really use and match well with the Orioles as trade partners for some of their talent. But Orioles seem so stubborn to fire sale and realize they aren’t going to the playoffs in this division right now.

Machado, Britton, Brach and Gausman have so much value.
                                                                        “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                                                          Poor Joe Maddon. Twitter, the evil media and not getting on base were all too much to overcome.
                                                                          You a Rays fan bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by arahop View Post
                                                                            You a Rays fan bro?
                                                                            No bro.
                                                                            It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Go Astros.
                                                                              BEAT LA
                                                                              BEAT LA
                                                                              BEAT LA
                                                                              "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

• Let's do this!!!

Comment

• This is the craziest World Series I’ve ever seen

Comment

• So much fun....

Comment

• Might be the best single game in any sport I’ve ever seen. I’m just glad I have no emotional attachment to either team. I’m exhausted.
                                                                                      "Hope is for those people who aren't prepared" Lou Holtz

Comment

• Amazing game. Of course I don’t think it’s as good as last year’s game 7, but still a ton of fun to watch.

Comment

• Angels just resigned Upton to a four year deal!!!!

Wow, did not think that would happen. Now get a couple more pitchers and stay the frick healthy and we may be on to something.

Comment

• RIP Roy Halladay.

Man horrible to see. Plane crash. That Phillies - Cardinals 2011 game is one of my favorite baseball games ever.

Comment

• Just saw that... unreal. He was one of the best pitchers I ever saw at his pinnacle, and that wasn't that long ago. Crazy.

Comment

• RIP. My prayers go out for him and his family

Comment

• Report today Giancarlo Stanton wouldn’t accept a trade to Boston or St. Louis. Preferred destination would be San Francisco.

That’s nuts. Cardinals are at least a playoff team with Stanton. Red Sox would have to be a World Series contender. Giants? I’d peg them as 3rd in the NL West.

Comment

• Don't get St Louis,... that's odd. Great franschise, one of the best fan bases in sports, not much pressure...

Comment

• Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                                                                      Report today Giancarlo Stanton wouldn’t accept a trade to Boston or St. Louis. Preferred destination would be San Francisco.

That’s nuts. Cardinals are at least a playoff team with Stanton. Red Sox would have to be a World Series contender. Giants? I’d peg them as 3rd in the NL West.
                                                                                                      Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                                                      Don't get St Louis,... that's odd. Great franschise, one of the best fan bases in sports, not much pressure...
                                                                                                      Dudes worth $200M and a Cali kid. If they won't trade him to the Doyers, Giants are the next best option. No doubt they have the #1 overall fanbase in all of sports but (and no offense to our STL brothers here) STL is a hole. His life as a Giant would be 7 months in SF, 3 months in Beverly Hills and 2 months in Scottsdale, AZ. Sign me up on that plan.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X