No announcement yet.

The boys of summer! (Baseball Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else watching this Padres opener on MLBN?? Padres fans packed it in and are going bonkers,.. Great to see.
    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post
      ...Wow, I know it was just one game, but the White Sox did not inspire much optimism. God were they awful. Horrible hitting, horrible pitching, horrible defense and horrible managing. Just all-around horrible. Rebuilt White Sox have blown an engine at the starting gate...smfh....

Too early to go into meltdown mode, but definitely a rough start.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
        Too early to go into meltdown mode, but definitely a rough start.
        Considering how poorly our #2 and #3 pitcher performed, I'd say have the meltdown button on standby. It's pretty sad when Danks had a better outing than Shark or Quintana. The offense was also spotty at best. Getting swept by a division foe is never an acceptable outcome, but the opening series just raises the level of concern. We still have 159 games left, but on the other hand...we still have 159 games left.
        It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/10/sp...tml?ref=sports

haha this is great
          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Astros are batting .096 through 3 games, lowest BA by team through 3 games in MLB's modern era (since 1900)

This one is funny because it is early in the season but A. Gonzalez is on pace to hit 270 HRs this year.

Tigers had 24 straight shut out innings vs twins. OUCH.
            Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post
              Considering how poorly our #2 and #3 pitcher performed, I'd say have the meltdown button on standby. It's pretty sad when Danks had a better outing than Shark or Quintana. The offense was also spotty at best. Getting swept by a division foe is never an acceptable outcome, but the opening series just raises the level of concern. We still have 159 games left, but on the other hand...we still have 159 games left.
              lots of time left before we need to panic. the team is built for the long haul. they'll get it turned around.

Comment

• Cubbie fans took one on the chin today. Bryant going 0-4 and then they got screwed with that bad call on what should have been a strikeout. I literally said, "watch him go deep now"... Then BOOM.

Ol Shark was dealing for the Sox today. Looked real good.
                Originally posted by koonja
                I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post

If you hold the Tiggies to one run through 8, you deserve at the minimum a win, and at maximum a medal. Too bad Shark received neither today.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
                    If you hold the Tiggies to one run through 8, you deserve at the minimum a win, and at maximum a medal. Too bad Shark received neither today.
                    I'm sure he's used to it after all of those seasons with the Cubs. lol

Comment

• Trout pretty much beat the 'Stros all by himself today.....
                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Thanks Angels for Howie Kendrick he has been terrific for us..

Comment

• Nice win by the cards today, pitching staff has been lights out. If we can get consistency on offense it should be a great season barring any injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                            Cubbie fans took one on the chin today. Bryant going 0-4 and then they got screwed with that bad call on what should have been a strikeout. I literally said, "watch him go deep now"... Then BOOM.

That home plate uno screwed them majorly.
                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Cards and Angels both rock the throwbacks today... It's a good day

Comment

• MLB attendance in first two weeks sets record | MLB | Sporting News

Comment

• I really wish the Cardinals would spend some money and get a big time hitter. Last year we finish somewhere in the bottom 5-7 in runs scored and we're around 23rd again this year. The best pitching in the league wont win games if we're struggling to score 1-2 runs a game. Did alright last week and its still early so im hoping it doesn't last

Comment

• The Royals are a bunch of punks. They have 9 ejections already this season. Ventura has been ejected twice. I wish Shark would have knocked him on his ass.

Shark needs to get out of the southside, imo. They are a hot mess.

Comment

• They def are hot headed, they're not afraid to fight that's for sure, that's the fourth bench clearer a,ready for them I think...

Comment

• If you have only been watching the highlights, or listening to ESPN then you aren't getting the full story on any of this. People have been coming at the Royals.
                                        The only two times where a Royal started it, or it was just stupid on their part was, Yordano Ventura w/ Trout, and Herrera with Lawrie. Shark was talking ish from the dugout through the entire game last night. Opening day he hit two Royals and talked afterwards to Cain specifically. I love Shark, but we all know he's a talker and a tough guy.
                                        The Royals have been standing up for themselves most of the time, they've been hit more than any other team by a big margin. Even last night Eaton started jawing to Ventura first. All that said, the Royals need to grow up a bit (especially Ventura) and not allow lesser teams than them bait them into this stuff. The Royals are like 16-4 in their last 20 vs the Chi Sox, no wonder they want to try fighting instead of baseball.
                                        My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

• Originally posted by fitz_bu47 View Post
                                          If you have only been watching the highlights, or listening to ESPN then you aren't getting the full story on any of this. People have been coming at the Royals.
                                          The only two times where a Royal started it, or it was just stupid on their part was, Yordano Ventura w/ Trout, and Herrera with Lawrie. Shark was talking ish from the dugout through the entire game last night. Opening day he hit two Royals and talked afterwards to Cain specifically. I love Shark, but we all know he's a talker and a tough guy.
                                          The Royals have been standing up for themselves most of the time, they've been hit more than any other team by a big margin. Even last night Eaton started jawing to Ventura first. All that said, the Royals need to grow up a bit (especially Ventura) and not allow lesser teams than them bait them into this stuff. The Royals are like 16-4 in their last 20 vs the Chi Sox, no wonder they want to try fighting instead of baseball.
                                          Dude, I have nothing against the Royals, but the Trout one ( as you noted) was completely on KC, Ventura (I think it was) just started staring down Trout and talking mess like he wanted to fight for no reason.... Then benches cleared... That's enough really, then add the four others... Lol.... Anyway, having played baseball for many years it's not a bad thing IMO... Helps a team come together and other teams will know that if you come inside too much or say the wrong thing, better be ready for blows... But, there is a real reason why it keeps happening to this team, no doubt.

Comment

• Not gonna lie, Ventura is a hot head,... And I wish he played for my Angels...

Comment

• 100% agree Camper.

Yordano is like that little buddy that talks too much and gets his buddies in fights. As a team they definitely carry themselves in a way that I could see bugging opponents or opposing fans, but I love it. They are having fun, and they are a tight group who "has each other's backs", as they love to say.

Again though, nationally they are pushing this bad boy stuff. Locally and in the interviews you hear w/ the team, and fans it's different. A "protect our family" type deal vs starting stuff, it has crossed the line a couple times though.
                                              My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

• Originally posted by fitz_bu47 View Post
                                                If you have only been watching the highlights, or listening to ESPN then you aren't getting the full story on any of this. People have been coming at the Royals.

First off you don't stare down the best player in the game let alone on the that is probably as good off the field as he is on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                  Not gonna lie, Ventura is a hot head,... And I wish he played for my Angels...
                                                  I bet he would cool his jets if he was in the NL. The first time he took a 90 mph of the hip.

Comment

• Watching MLBNet and just heard the Halos traded Hamilton back to the Rangers for nothing... Obviously I'm assuming the Rangers take most of the salary??? If the Angels just gave a former MVP back to a division rival while still back half, or more of his salary... Yikes

Comment

Watching MLBNet and just heard the Halos traded Hamilton back to the Rangers for nothing... Obviously I'm assuming the Rangers take most of the salary??? If the Angels just gave a former MVP back to a division rival while still back half, or more of his salary... Yikes
                                                      I haven't read up on it this AM yet but yesterday I saw a positivity of the Rangers only covering 15 mil of the remaining 83 mil on his contract.
                                                      #TeamKizer

Comment

• Wainwright out for the season with an Achilles injury.

Fml...

Comment

• Go Cubs go! Go Cubs go!
                                                          60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• No no no it cant be happening. Idk what we do now, Lyons until we can get Gonzalez or Garcia healthy?? Sucks, we had the best starting pitching in the league so far

Comment

• Injuries happen, look what happened to the Angels w Richards last year, sucks it happened to the ace of one of my teams in back to back years but the Cards are still a good team....

Comment

• Originally posted by FearTheBeard View Post
                                                                No no no it cant be happening. Idk what we do now, Lyons until we can get Gonzalez or Garcia healthy?? Sucks, we had the best starting pitching in the league so far
                                                                It sucks, but it's not like the pitching will suddenly be bad.

The entire staff leads the MLB with a 1.98 ERA before today. That's not one guy.

Comment

• Archie Bradley - Dbacks:

Archie Bradley Injury: Updates on Diamondbacks Pitcher After Line Drive to Face | Bleacher Report
                                                                  Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• Baltimore will win the WS... Calling it now

Comment

• He has the ball in his mouth.
                                                                      60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• Has anyone else felt as tho this is odd? (empty Baltimore) I have never heard of such a thing. and only shows that the stadium doesn't need our attendance in order to thrive.
                                                                        I was smarter when I drank...
                                                                        I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Comment

• I wonder if the announcer still talked over the loud speaker, or they played the music.
                                                                          #TeamKizer

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                                                            I wonder if the announcer still talked over the loud speaker, or they played the music.
                                                                            The PA announcer is an official part of the rules. A pitching change or pinch hitter only becomes "official" when announced.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

Comment

• How sucky is this and losing a whole other series for staff at the stadium who may depend on those pay checks....

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Throwing a ball to a fan.... oh wait. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhiteSox?src=hash">#WhiteSox</a>

<a href="https://t.co/dPde9uebAp">https://t.co/dPde9uebAp</a></p>&mdash; Baseball Memes (@MLBMeme) <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBMeme/status/593500473975439360">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                                                                <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Signing the imaginary autograph to the imaginary fan? YOLO <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a>

<a href="https://t.co/Ls4i9s9dW6">https://t.co/Ls4i9s9dW6</a></p>&mdash; Baseball Memes (@MLBMeme) <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBMeme/status/593559787415056384">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The awkward moment when your Home Run ball is just sitting there because no fans getting it.

h/t <a href="https://twitter.com/masnOrioles">@masnOrioles</a> <a href="http://t.co/ePkJKp2KSJ">pic.twitter.com/ePkJKp2KSJ</a></p>&mdash; Baseball Memes (@MLBMeme) <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBMeme/status/593505949396045824">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brian Williams on today&#39;s <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhiteSox?src=hash">#WhiteSox</a> game <a href="http://t.co/2l9zAEoXG2">pic.twitter.com/2l9zAEoXG2</a></p>&mdash; Baseball Memes (@MLBMeme) <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBMeme/status/593507726858170369">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                                                                Last edited by connor_in; 04-29-2015, 09:07 PM.
                                                                                Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• Wong with the walkoff homer for the cards!! Just swept the Pirates going to extra innings every game

Comment

• Say White Sox, if you could start playing at least respectably bad baseball, that'd be great...
                                                                                    It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• Huston Street is total suck... Smmfgdh

Comment

• I've been out of country for 8 days. The fahq happened to the Red Sox?!?!

Comment

• Justice

Comment

Justice
                                                                                            LOL

Comment

• Astros removing Tal's Hill from their park. 'Bout time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huntr View Post
                                                                                                Astros removing Tal's Hill from their park. 'Bout time.
                                                                                                Link?
                                                                                                GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• hmm... I like the unique features of ball parks like that...

anyway, I'm still PO'd about last night's Halo game, that one really felt like one of those games that you just had to have.

Comment

• Seeing Aaron and Mays in such weakened states shook me up a little bit... I would really like to meet Aaron in person one day and thank him for the name and example.

Comment

• Yea Willie especially. Koufax looked great!
                                                                                                      Prehistoric

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X