No announcement yet.

The boys of summer! (Baseball Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kershaw has a no hitter thru 8. 14 Ks. Dumbass Hanley Ramirez threw the ball into the ground in the 7th on a routine chopper. Would had the runner by 2 steps. E6. Perfect game ruined.

(I have Kershaw on my Fantasy team)
    Last edited by Mr. McGibblets; 06-19-2014, 12:02 AM.
    Life is one, big Over/Under.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaneyoufeelit View Post
      Lord have mercy

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Without further ado, <a href="https://twitter.com/ynscspds">@ynscspds</a> unleashes an all-time absurd throw from the outfield: <a href="http://t.co/6NrYH1FaXJ">http://t.co/6NrYH1FaXJ</a></p>&mdash; MLB (@MLB) <a href="https://twitter.com/MLB/statuses/476590770577616896">June 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And in gif form

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BONER JAMS '14 <a href="http://t.co/RdbjQacw75">http://t.co/RdbjQacw75</a></p>&mdash; Lana Berry (@Lana) <a href="https://twitter.com/Lana/statuses/476589362310676480">June 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
      Just seeing this now, lord.

Comment

• Pretty awesome. Live look in on fox with Vin. I need to to go bed.

Comment

• Struck him out. Kershaw no hitter with 15 Ks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. McGibblets View Post
            Struck him out. Kershaw no hitter with 15 Ks.
            5th most Ks during a no hitter all-time I believe. Glad he is on my fantasy team!

Comment

• Fricking Hanley

Comment

• <iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/101835697" width="500" height="281" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Orioles' Manny Machado leaves game with sprained right knee - CBSSports.com

Doesn't look good.

Prehistoric

Comment

• The braves are becoming an embarassment.
                    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Cards in first! Woot!'

Comment

• <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6Mr7mQuGmp0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                        If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6Mr7mQuGmp0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                          Cal and Issac the bartender from Love Boat?

I know it's Eddie Murray but WTF..... lmao

Comment

• ORIOLES MAGIC!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DogDaysIrish View Post
                              Cal and Issac the bartender from Love Boat?

I know it's Eddie Murray but WTF..... lmao

Fun fact: the last time the O's won the division Eddie Murray was still playing Major League Baseball. 1997

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

Fun fact: the last time the O's won the division Eddie Murray was still playing Major League Baseball. 1997

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the most underrated hall of famers.

Sent via tapatalk

Comment

• That was a sick team. Angelos firing Davey Johnson was one of the all-time worst owner-ego moves of all time.

Comment

• Giants win, Dodgers lose! :) :) :)

Comment

• 18 innings.....fkn wow! GIANTS WIN!!

Lead series 2-0

GO GIANT'S!

What a freakin unbelievable day....If the Dodgers and UCLA lose I'm might not sleep tonight.

Comment

• If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

• KC is putting it to the Angels so far.

Comment

• Let's go Giant's!!!!!

Comment

• The wongster

Comment

• Wrap it up tomorrow cards!

Comment

• The Dead Ball Century л

Comment

• Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                                                    Woah that last paragraph came out of nowhere to hit you in the feels. He did such a good job at making me frustrated with my dad and grandfather the entire article and then BAM. Great article.

Comment

• Giants win!

Comment

• Big city!!!

Comment

• Let's go Giant's!

Comment

• Long duck Wong baby!!!

Comment

• Doh!

Comment

• Oscar Taveras died in a car crash. Just terrible terrible news

Comment

Oscar Taveras died in a car crash. Just terrible terrible news
                                                                  Just came to post this, awful.

Comment

• This fuckin sucks about Taveras. I feel like I could throw up.

Comment

• 32. To An Athlete Dying Young. A. E. Housman. Modern British Poetry

To An Athlete Dying Young

THE time you won your town the race
                                                                      We chaired you through the market-place;
                                                                      Man and boy stood cheering by,
                                                                      And home we brought you shoulder-high.

To-day, the road all runners come,
                                                                      Shoulder-high we bring you home,
                                                                      And set you at your threshold down,
                                                                      Townsman of a stiller town.

Smart lad, to slip betimes away
                                                                      From fields where glory does not stay,
                                                                      And early though the laurel grows
                                                                      It withers quicker than the rose.

Eyes the shady night has shut
                                                                      Cannot see the record cut,
                                                                      And silence sounds no worse than cheers
                                                                      After earth has stopped the ears:

Now you will not swell the rout
                                                                      Of lads that wore their honours out,
                                                                      Runners whom renown outran
                                                                      And the name died before the man.

So set, before its echoes fade,
                                                                      The fleet foot on the sill of shade,
                                                                      And hold to the low lintel up
                                                                      The still-defended challenge-cup.

And round that early-laurelled head
                                                                      Will flock to gaze the strengthless dead,
                                                                      And find unwithered on its curls
                                                                      The garland briefer than a girl's.

Comment

• So saddened by the news one of the Cardinals brightest young stars and his girlfriend has died in a car wreck...what a shame!

Cardinals outfielder Oscar Taveras dies in car accident

Comment

• Man oh man it's gonna be a long day. It's all coming down to one game.

Come on Giant's lets do this!

Comment

• Peavy has been terrible in the WS

Comment

• This Royals team still reminds me of my 02 Angels... who beat the Giants in game seven 12 years ago yesterday.
                                                                              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                                Peavy has been terrible in the WS

Peavy won't be around long in SF

Comment

• Giancarlo Stanton, Miami Marlins discuss $300 million contract - ESPN

MLB is much like a lot of politics. This would be stupid for any team much less the marlins. Going to commit 40% of the payroll to one player. Just shows how much the union has ruined baseball. Deals like this are destined for failure.

Comment

• Shelby Miller & Tyrell Jenkins for Jordan Walden & Jason Heyward.

Hope they extend Heyward, that would make this pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huntr View Post
                                                                                      Shelby Miller & Tyrell Jenkins for Jordan Walden & Jason Heyward.

Hope they extend Heyward, that would make this pretty good.
                                                                                      The braves lost this trade big time . John hart is a terrible GM.

Comment

• The Cardinals front office is probably the best in the league. That staff will turn Heyward into an all-star too.

Comment

• Russell Martin agrees to five-year, $82 million deal with Toronto Blue Jays - ESPN

That's crazy money.

Comment

Giancarlo Stanton, Miami Marlins discuss $300 million contract - ESPN

MLB is much like a lot of politics. This would be stupid for any team much less the marlins. Going to commit 40% of the payroll to one player. Just shows how much the union has ruined baseball. Deals like this are destined for failure.
                                                                                            The union ruined baseball? The owners are giving these players the money. Get real.

Comment

• Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                                                              The Cardinals front office is probably the best in the league. That staff will turn Heyward into an all-star too.
                                                                                              Whoop Whoop.

reps
                                                                                              Originally posted by koonja
                                                                                              I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

• I don't understand the people who think the Braves "lost" this trade. I don't doubt Heyward could go onto big things in St. Louis but I don't think he was going to ever live up to the hype and expectations in Atlanta that people had for him when he came into the league. Heyward was basically a defense first player with almost no power stroke. Then again playing for Atlanta seems to automatically deprive players of any offensive talent they had. Not to mention Heyward likely wants around 6 or 7 years and around 150 million. He wasn't going to resign with the Braves anyway.

Conversely taking pitchers and making them better is exactly what Atlanta excels at. I understand Cards fans were down on Shelby Miller but Roger McDowell is a pitching wizard so I'm confident that he can help him maximize his potential.
                                                                                                "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

• Originally posted by ickythump1225 View Post
                                                                                                  I don't understand the people who think the Braves "lost" this trade. I don't doubt Heyward could go onto big things in St. Louis but I don't think he was going to ever live up to the hype and expectations in Atlanta that people had for him when he came into the league. Heyward was basically a defense first player with almost no power stroke. Then again playing for Atlanta seems to automatically deprive players of any offensive talent they had. Not to mention Heyward likely wants around 6 or 7 years and around 150 million. He wasn't going to resign with the Braves anyway.

Conversely taking pitchers and making them better is exactly what Atlanta excels at. I understand Cards fans were down on Shelby Miller but Roger McDowell is a pitching wizard so I'm confident that he can help him maximize his potential.
                                                                                                  He had some injury issues, had to hit lead off (not the best use of a guy like him, imo) and certainly looked like he had plenty power stroke his rookie year. I don't think the Braves "lost" because they would have never signed him and they got something in return.

But the Cards could sign him and they have a history of taking players like Hayward shine. I love this trade for the Cards and I hope they can sign him longterm. Great young talent that even in an off year like this season, still wins a golden glove.
                                                                                                  Originally posted by koonja
                                                                                                  I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                                                                                    He had some injury issues, had to hit lead off (not the best use of a guy like him, imo) and certainly looked like he had plenty power stroke his rookie year. I don't think the Braves "lost" because they would have never signed him and they got something in return.

But the Cards could sign him and they have a history of taking players like Hayward shine. I love this trade for the Cards and I hope they can sign him longterm. Great young talent that even in an off year like this season, still wins a golden glove.
                                                                                                    No matter where we put him he wasn't going to produce in Atlanta. You are getting a player with different expectations than the player who debuted for Atlanta in 2010. People forget now but Heyward was touted as the best young prospect in the game. People said he had the tools and skills to be the best player in the game. The first half of his rookie season lived up to the billing but honestly post ASG break 2010 he never lived up to the hype or anywhere near it.

In 5 seasons Heyward has amassed a career slash line of .262/.351/.429 with 84 total home runs with 27 of them coming in 2012. Honestly it feels like he amasses more injuries a season than home runs and he's very streaky.

However a lot of that has to do with just playing in Atlanta. Outside of Chipper Jones the Braves haven't had a reliable and consistent offensive producer since perhaps Andruw Jone's prime. So having said what I just said about Heyward I expect him to hit 35 home runs next year with +.900 OPS and drive in 120 RBIs for the Cards.
                                                                                                    "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

Giancarlo Stanton, Miami Marlins discuss $300 million contract - ESPN

I hate the Marlins. Based on how they operate I would guess they will sign a couple free agents to huge contracts as well then trade everyone before the All Star break.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X