Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Me: "Maybe my Halos will be okay, so long as the pitching staff doesn't turn into an infirmary for the fifth straight season,... maybe it'll be okay..."

Angels: "Okay guys, let's toss the ball around for the first time all year, nothing serious, just a light game of catch..."

Angels Pitching: "You want us to throw the ball?!?!?"

Leave a comment:

• NDShark
    replied
    Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
    KTLA in Los Angels covered the Astros' presser today:

Lol they deserve all of this and some

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    KTLA in Los Angels covered the Astros' presser today:

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
    EP I do quite a bit of business in...literally on the Juarez border.

They have a nice minor league stadium. And who are these best hitters from NM State Crusader refers too?
    Nick Gonzales = .432 / 16 HR = led DI in batting last season / Projected Top 5 pick
    &
    Tristan Peterson - .400 / 20 HR

I thought Joey Ortiz who hit .422 (#3 in DI) was a Soph last year but he was a Jr and went to Baltimore in the 4th.

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
    How can you say there is no tanking? That's the exact philosophy that the Cubs and Astros employed on their way to WS titles. They bottomed out, dealt all of their veterans for prospects, and loaded their farm system up for a specific competitive window. I don't understand how you can believe this.

And prospects earning their way up? Their service time is manipulated by teams who have tanked and hold their best prospects until their competitive window is open. Kris Bryant just filed a grievance over this exact problem.
    The service time issue needs to be addressed. Surely most agree with that.

Expanding the playoffs will only increase ďtankingĒ & dilute the overall sport. This isnít the NFL where .500 teams make the playoffs yet fans still watch all 16 regular season games. It ainít apples-to-apples by a long shot.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Southwest Park is Awsome

Leave a comment:

• Irish2155
    replied

They have a nice minor league stadium. And who are these best hitters from NM State Crusader refers too?

Leave a comment:

• Irish2155
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Irish2155
    replied
    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
    Blah blah blah.

Let's forget about all the meaningless business of baseball and all rejoice becuase:

The 2021 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox's pitchers and catchers reported today!

Got a huge week of college baseball out here this week too.

Friday going to see Cal Poly / UConn followed by the #1 Vandy / #8 Michigan rematch.

Saturday it's #3 ASU / Nova followed by #3 ASU / #8 Michigan.

Over the next week BC, #16 OK State & Offensive juggernaut NM State come to town.

Thank goodness baseball is back!

Sweet! Itís that time of year again thankfully. Iím heading up to Fort Wayne in a couple weeks to give a speech to my former club. Not sure what to say except to get your shit together and play for those who paved the way. Seeing those banners again though Iím excited about. Has anyone else tried hitting 90+ during a Fort Wayne Feb? Itís not easy.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Well cancel the UTEP baseball game, I guess ya missed your chance.

Are you in El Paso proper or up the 10 by the outlet mall or the pass that goes over to 54?
    Yes and Yes actually... Just on the EP side very close to the outlet.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    UTEP dropped baseball a couple decades ago... I don't know how well you really know EP but,... I'm literally in the first section of El Paso right when you enter it via the 10 coming from Las Cruces... So, I-10 NW?? We go to Mesilla quite a bit.
    Well cancel the UTEP baseball game, I guess ya missed your chance.

Are you in El Paso proper or up the 10 by the outlet mall or the pass that goes over to 54?

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    I keep meaning to go to a UTEP game or NMS game (anything really) but it hasn't happened yet... been to a number of Sun Bowls over the years though.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    If you like college baseball, go catch NM State play UTEP. (assuming they play) NM State has 3 of the best hitters in the country.

Where you at in EP? I-10/NW, I-10/SE or up 54?
    UTEP dropped baseball a couple decades ago... I don't know how well you really know EP but,... I'm literally in the first section of El Paso right when you enter it via the 10 coming from Las Cruces... So, I-10 NW?? We go to Mesilla quite a bit.
    Last edited by ACamp1900; 02-12-2020, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    This is always a rough time of the sports year for me... no one talks Hockey even during the playoffs really, football is over and there is this moronic focus on basketball (gross) on all of sports talk radio. My morning commutes are awful. Yes, thank goodness baseball is back.
    If you like college baseball, go catch NM State play UTEP. (assuming they play) NM State has 3 of the best hitters in the country.

Where you at in EP? I-10/NW, I-10/SE or up 54?

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Blah blah blah.

Let's forget about all the meaningless business of baseball and all rejoice becuase:

The 2021 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox's pitchers and catchers reported today!

Friday going to see Cal Poly / UConn followed by the #1 Vandy / #8 Michigan rematch.

Over the next week BC, #16 OK State & Offensive juggernaut NM State coming to town.

This is always a rough time of the sports year for me... no one talks Hockey even during the playoffs really, football is over and there is this moronic focus on basketball (gross) on all of sports talk radio. My morning commutes are awful. Yes, thank goodness baseball is back.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Blah blah blah.

Over the next week BC, #16 OK State & Offensive juggernaut NM State come to town.

Leave a comment:

• Irish2155
    replied
    How can you say there is no tanking? That's the exact philosophy that the Cubs and Astros employed on their way to WS titles. They bottomed out, dealt all of their veterans for prospects, and loaded their farm system up for a specific competitive window. I don't understand how you can believe this.

And prospects earning their way up? Their service time is manipulated by teams who have tanked and hold their best prospects until their competitive window is open. Kris Bryant just filed a grievance over this exact problem.
    Hold on, what? Your telling me kids competing for millions of dollars arenít putting their best foot forward? Is that even possible?

I get maybe the big league club not fielding their best day in and out. But there is no tanking between the lines. I guarantee it.

Leave a comment:

• NDohio
    replied
    I actually think this is what is needed... the 82 Cardinals making a resurrection.. it's so much more exciting as a brand in comparison to this station to station strike out fest we have now.
    This would get me to watch baseball again. I hate the current game.

Leave a comment:

• Rack Em
    replied
    There is no tanking in baseball. One of the beauties of the game is watching prospects earn their way up. And these kids arenít doing anything but their best. Sorry Manfieild, but if thatís the justification then it carries no weight.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
    Their key demographic is going to start leaving the planet soon and going to the bunty, grindy, throw at his head if he shows you up ballpark in the sky.

This might not be the right way to capture a bigger audience, but they have to consider something.
    I actually think this is what is needed... the 82 Cardinals making a resurrection.. it's so much more exciting as a brand in comparison to this station to station strike out fest we have now.

Leave a comment:

• Rogue219
    replied
    Their key demographic is going to start leaving the planet soon and going to the bunty, grindy, throw at his head if he shows you up ballpark in the sky.

This might not be the right way to capture a bigger audience, but they have to consider something.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    We will see if he's just a fall guy or whatever but the idea that Calros Beltran started, exasperated, pushed and then expanded the entire sign stealing scandal as the central figure in it all does not surprise me even a little bit....

Leave a comment:

• Irish2155
    replied
    Super excited about the prospect Jeter Downs. We need a second baseman and he’s a top talent. Super frustrated we got no arms in the deal. Maybe one of the others are used for another trade....the only thing I can comprehend.

Need outs boys.

Leave a comment:

• Irish2155
    replied
    I donít love the ideas he floated out, but it seems like heís trying to disincentivize tanking. Iím all for that, but it would be a better idea to adjust young player salaries to reflect their actual market value instead of forcing them into the league minimum for 3 years before 2 years of arb. That would show tanking.
    There is no tanking in baseball. One of the beauties of the game is watching prospects earn their way up. And these kids arenít doing anything but their best. Sorry Manfieild, but if thatís the justification then it carries no weight.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    The Irish football team has better starting pitching than my Halos at this point... I'm so fuckin angry at our ownership for nixing that Dodgers trade... as if one of my sports loves having a dipshit owner wasn't enough Arte is here making it two.

Leave a comment:

• POTUS2017
    replied
    This is the year for my Redlegs!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    So dumb

Leave a comment:

• Rack Em
    replied
    Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
    Baseball is getting ready to be ruined again. The commissioner Manfred is an idiot. He wants to add playoff teams which is a dumb idea. You almost have .500 teams in the playoffs now. And wants the top seeds to be able to pick who they want to play which I believe is bs. This guy is going to ruin the game.

They have changed the NFL some much it sucks now they are trying to do the same to baseball. I guess I better start liking hockey.
    I donít love the ideas he floated out, but it seems like heís trying to disincentivize tanking. Iím all for that, but it would be a better idea to adjust young player salaries to reflect their actual market value instead of forcing them into the league minimum for 3 years before 2 years of arb. That would show tanking.

Leave a comment:

• irishff1014
    replied
    Baseball is getting ready to be ruined again. The commissioner Manfred is an idiot. He wants to add playoff teams which is a dumb idea. You almost have .500 teams in the playoffs now. And wants the top seeds to be able to pick who they want to play which I believe is bs. This guy is going to ruin the game.

They have changed the NFL some much it sucks now they are trying to do the same to baseball. I guess I better start liking hockey.

Leave a comment:

• Irish2155
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
    My 3yo is already a sports nut, and he's a big-time Sandlot fan. Sleeps with his ball and/or glove every night (or a football or soccer ball on occasion).

I'm really looking forward to taking an off day sometime in April and taking him to a businessman's special for his first Reds game.
    Awesome man, sounds like the youngster is off to a good start. Make sure he swings that bat lefty and knob to the ball like Tysonís right to someoneís jaw. Short and sweet, let your wrist whip it...bat speed = power. I could go on for days lol....

Enjoy!!! Sounds like you have some good times ahead.

Leave a comment:

• IrishLion
    replied
    Iíd love for the Reds to get good again. GABP is less than two hours from me. My favorite call-in days are spent watching day games in Cincinnati.
    My 3yo is already a sports nut, and he's a big-time Sandlot fan. Sleeps with his ball and/or glove every night (or a football or soccer ball on occasion).

I'm really looking forward to taking an off day sometime in April and taking him to a businessman's special for his first Reds game.

Leave a comment:

• Irish2155
    replied
    I’d love for the Reds to get good again. GABP is less than two hours from me. My favorite call-in days are spent watching day games in Cincinnati.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Reds should be good... which is good to see. I expect Moose to love that stadium numbers wise..

Angels got Ross Stripling in the deal last night too.. they have a bunch of quality arms now in comparison to recent seasons but only one front end guy in Ohtani and he will be limited. They need to make another deal.

Leave a comment:

• IrishLion
    replied
    The Reds finally spent a bunch of money to try and build a "win now" team, instead of dabbling somewhere between "win now" and "maintain the future."

Attendance at GABP should be way up this year based on the offensive firepower they added to a team that already had good pitching...

But I wouldn't be surprised if they win 83 games in a year that should have been better, and miss a wildcard spot by 2 games or something stupid.

#CincinnatiSports

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    We just got Pederson

Leave a comment:

• Irish2155
    replied
    Betts and Price to the Dodgers I’m seeing. Interested to see what Boston gets in return

Leave a comment:

• BabyIrish
    replied
    The postgame interview from that game sure looks odd now... it FEELS like Ken Rosenthal knew....
    Yeah itís all making sense. A lot of other people are saying this has been known or believed by lots of people in baseball the last year or two.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    The postgame interview from that game sure looks odd now... it FEELS like Ken Rosenthal knew....

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied

Ok, this is pretty freakin wild if true... I retract my previous statements lol

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Originally posted by gkIrish View Post

Uh Oh ACamp...
    Eh,... how would a Mariners guy know?? Even so I have long thought some of these things should just be legal anyway... I mean, they out-lawed creatine for crying out loud. You know how low level protein shake that shit is?? lol

And yes, I have said many times, prob in this thread. The MLB and other sports should allow far more HGH use, especially for injuries and such. No matter if Trout is taking it or not (he prob is, dude is jacked).

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    I'm just tired of losing in the postseason
    Shit Browns fans get tired of other people saying....

Leave a comment:

• gkIrish
    replied

Uh Oh ACamp...

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
    Twins signed Donaldson. This is our year!
    For sure, we might be able to win one playoff GAME!

Not that I don't like the Donaldson signing, I'm just tired of losing in the postseason
    Last edited by mango4; 01-15-2020, 02:05 PM. Reason: typos

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Twins signed Donaldson. This is our year!

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Now THIS fits the crime:

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    In fairness I'm just irritated by this phenomenon in general and it just bleed into baseball this morning. I couldn't believe some of the stuff I was hearing in terms of what the talking heads and other fans wanted done here.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
    That's the problem. If this is the punishment for 1 World Series, teams would be willing to take the risk.
    If that was the line then yeah, everyone would do it, or maybe is lol, I don't think it's that simple though... funny how it wan't Pittsburgh or Miami that suddenly became champions through this though. Anyway, I'm sick to death of the pearl clutching crap we see everywhere is my point. If you think stealing signs is worthy of a lifetime bans and franchise destroying, sweeping, penalties, my response would be,... stop watching sports please.
    Last edited by ACamp1900; 01-15-2020, 12:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Pretty much...
    That's the problem. If this is the punishment for 1 World Series, teams would be willing to take the risk.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
    Well think about it, would you give up your GM and a couple draft picks for a World Series title? Most clubs would make that trade
    Pretty much...

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    I'm speaking more to the fan/media reaction than the league's... It seems most think the punishment is too small and things like lifetime bans and such should follow those involved etc...
    Well think about it, would you give up your GM and a couple draft picks for a World Series title? Most clubs would make that trade

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X