Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irishman77 View Post
    Cards! Rosenthal is filthy!
    If Eric Young were still on Baseball Tonight, Rosenthal would have been on "That's Nasty" for that changeup he threw to Pena.

D-I-R-T-Y

Comment

• Wow! Our boys must have down some geritol and red bull for the opener
      against the Rangers. I haven't seen that kind of offensive explosion in awhile.
      Lee didn't look great but I'll take the W to start the year out.

Comment

• And...... Trout homers in his first at bat
        This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
          And...... Trout homers in his first at bat
          <3 him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

• Giants come back from being down 7-3 in the 6th to win 9-8 ! Go Giants!

Comment

• To get you started -- take George Will's 2014 baseball trivia quiz:

George Will’s 2014 Opening Day Baseball Quiz
              Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.

Comment

• Glad to see the braves offense was excited for opening day. NOT
                Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                  Glad to see the braves offense was excited for opening day. NOT
                  Something with the Brewer's pitching staff. I think that's 5 out of the last 6 games have been shut outs.

Comment

• Originally posted by palinurus View Post
                    To get you started -- take George Will's 2014 baseball trivia quiz:

George Willís 2014 Opening Day Baseball Quiz
                    This was no joke... I am pretty good with baseball trivia and only pulled a 50%.
                    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                      Something with the Brewer's pitching staff. I think that's 5 out of the last 6 games have been shut outs.
                      That's crazy.

Comment

• Have I mentioned how much I hate the off day after Opening Day? I don't get it, I don't like it, I don't want it.

Comment

• Anyone want to go in on the purchase of a little painting with me? We can time share.

It's a Norman Rockwell called "The Rookie" and its going to be auctioned at Christies. Estimates are that it will bring between 20 - 30 million.
                          Last edited by BobD; 04-01-2014, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huntr View Post
                            Have I mentioned how much I hate the off day after Opening Day? I don't get it, I don't like it, I don't want it.
                            This

Comment

• How bout them Yanks?

Looking sharp...

Comment

• Originally posted by blueNDgold44 View Post
                                How bout them Yanks?

Looking sharp...
                                -says the Cubs fan

Comment

• Just looking to poke fun at the Yankees fan who was making fun of the Cubs yesterday and then his team goes on to lose to the Stros.

Comment

• Fire Scioscia's fat ass already!! How do they start this bad every freaking year?!! It's the same thing every game, two outs no one on, and they get three hits and scores runs, Angels counter with a couple lead off hits, then strike out three times in a row...

So over scioscia.

Comment

• This duel between Wacha and Cingrani is incredible!

Comment

• Swept by the freakin Brewers. Oh,boy.... Brew Crew had 17 extra base hits or
                                        somewhere close to that number in this series. They looked good,well rounded
                                        club. They can hit,the pitching may be a little suspect though. Us,our bats have
                                        gone into dormancy,shocker! Next three against the Fish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monk McGinn View Post
                                          Swept by the freakin Brewers. Oh,boy.... Brew Crew had 17 extra base hits or
                                          somewhere close to that number in this series. They looked good,well rounded
                                          club. They can hit,the pitching may be a little suspect though. Us,our bats have
                                          gone into dormancy,shocker! Next three against the Fish.
                                          Better then having a unknown substance on your hand for 3 innings. and then gone in the 5th yeah.......

Comment

• We stopped our four game skid in the opener with the Fish.
                                            I have a feeling there will more four game skids in the future. LOL

Comment

• <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2llUpTmIkdc?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• *waiting patiently for Monk McGinn's comments on tonight's sh- show vs the Barves*

Comment

• Not liking Kimbrel watching this from the pen

Comment

• What a crazy last few innings.

Comment

What a crazy last few innings.
                                                      Watchin' the Cards game online, every time I checked twitter, either Barves' fans or Phillies' fans having a meltdown. Good stuff.

Comment

• How many HRs did there end up being in the Reds - Pirates game? I know it was at 9 in the top of the 6th

Comment

• Still at 9, they are in a delay in top of 7th last I looked.

Edit: it's ten, Mesoraco tied the game in the bottom of 6th. Game is suspended.
                                                          Last edited by clashmore_mike; 04-14-2014, 10:20 PM.

Comment

What a crazy last few innings.
                                                            Hell yea it was. Glad Uggla showed up tonight and save the very well pitched game by Santana.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                              Hell yea it was. Glad Uggla showed up tonight and save the very well pitched game by Santana.
                                                              Sucks he gets a ND and Avilan gives up 5 runs but gets the win. Kimbrel was unavailable due to shoulder soreness.

Comment

Watchin' the Cards game online, every time I checked twitter, either Barves' fans or Phillies' fans having a meltdown. Good stuff.
                                                                Yeah braves went back to back to back in the top of 8, then Philly loaded bases with no out bottom 8 and took lead on a hr. Braves loaded bases with no outs in 9th then Uggla hit a grand slam. Strange that neither Pappelbon nor Kimbrel were used.

Comment

Sucks he gets a ND and Avilan gives up 5 runs but gets the win. Kimbrel was unavailable due to shoulder soreness.
                                                                  Yes it does suck. I have never been a fan of avilan since he was called up. I hope that is is just shoulder soreness.

Comment

Yeah braves went back to back to back in the top of 8, then Philly loaded bases with no out bottom 8 and took lead on a hr. Braves loaded bases with no outs in 9th then Uggla hit a grand slam. Strange that neither Pappelbon nor Kimbrel were used.
                                                                    Pap wasn't used because he pitched three in a row,we weren't able to use him.
                                                                    Maybe that was the same issue with Kimbrel and the Braves? Heartbreaking loss
                                                                    regardless. We took the lead in the 8th and freakin Diekman couldn't get the ball
                                                                    over to save his soul. Bases were full,Uggla came up,BAM! Grand Slam. That pretty
                                                                    much took the wind outta the sails and we folded like an accordian.

Kimbrel shoulder soreness,ok didn't hear about that.
                                                                    Last edited by Monk McGinn; 04-14-2014, 10:58 PM. Reason: Kimbrel injury

Comment

Where are you watching it? I cannot watch it on TV since FSMW does not broadcast in Memphis.

Thanks!

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Listen to Vin Scully tell a famous story about Jackie Robinson: <a href="http://t.co/jiym2Yq2Ox">http://t.co/jiym2Yq2Ox</a></p>&mdash; Deadspin (@Deadspin) <a href="https://twitter.com/Deadspin/statuses/456455289995149312">April 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
                                                                        <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bcuz Vin Scully

Comment

• Phils drop another one to the Braves. Lee went 9 and struck out 13 but gave
                                                                          up alot of cheesy hits,one costly to Gattis( Who is a heckuva ballplayer btw).
                                                                          Phils bats went limp,man this team is making me stock up on Pepto.

Comment

• Well,we avoided the sweep in Colorado. This team is F'd up.
                                                                            Onward to L.A. for a four game set with the Dodgers.
                                                                            This could get uglier. LOL

Comment

• GIANT'S

Indians

:)

Comment

• Thank God my Dodgers have played the DBags so much already. Kershaw making one more rehab start then should be ready to go.

Comment

• another summer of really salty beer. my cubbies look awful. only runs being manufactured are on HR--not a good way to play ball.

went yesterday to milwaukee for the cubs game. very impressed with the ballpark and the brew crew. they have speed, power, pitching, and defense. spectators were ok--a couple really doughy drunk rednecks talking shit and screaming in our ears as they went to the bathroom/concessions.

they tailgate at brewers games. and they do it right. i had never seen a tailgate at a ball game before. picnic at old comisky but never a tailgate with grills and the whole bit. it was a very cool atmosphere in the parking lot--like 3 hours before game time.

i highly recommend checking out miller park.

go cubs go!
                                                                                  Oh yeah, I ain't allowed to say "goddamn" no more.--D-Bob

Comment

• Tailgates were completely prohibited under Disney... One of the first things Arte changed, now tailgating is a fairly large part of Angel Stadium's experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                                      Tailgates were completely prohibited under Disney... One of the first things Arte changed, now tailgating is a fairly large part of Angel Stadium's experience.
                                                                                      i been to angel stadium too. didn't really feel a "tailgate' vibe---but definitely didn't feel the arrive by the 3rd leave by the 7th of dodger stadium either. intact--a very energetic crowd especially when the rally monkey shows up!
                                                                                      Oh yeah, I ain't allowed to say "goddamn" no more.--D-Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by UmphreakDomer View Post
                                                                                        very impressed with ... the brew crew.

They sure can swing the bat!

Comment

• On this date in 1983, cubs manager Lee Elia unleashed the greatest sports rant in history. Honestly, this is 1 of my favorite sports things that happened outside a game, ever. If you haven't heard it before, do yourself a favor and listen.

Linked, not embedded, because really, really salty language.

Comment

• This makes me happy

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Machado will be activated and start at 3b tonight if there&#39;s a game. If not, he will remain on the DL.</p>&mdash; Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="https://twitter.com/Britt_Ghiroli/statuses/461240767793876993">April 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
                                                                                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                            If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ud8M6GZlLbw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Okay, Jose Fernandez is best pitcher in baseball. I should let Kershaw get off the DL before I say that, but I just don't think anyone can touch Fernandez. I feel like the Braves must be regretting that fight with him last year, because he has EMBARRASSED them his last two starts.

4-1 with a 1.59 ERA. 55 Ks to 8 BBs.

Last two starts against Braves: 2-0, 16 IP, 0 runs, 22 Ks, 2 BBs

Side note, I'm a bit of a Marlins fan. Love the Sox, but the Marlins are my small-market guilty pleasure team.
                                                                                                Last edited by irishfan; 04-29-2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishfan View Post
                                                                                                  Okay, Jose Fernandez is best pitcher in baseball. I should let Kershaw get off the DL before I say that, but I just don't think anyone can touch Fernandez. I feel like the Braves must be regretting that fight with him last year, because he has EMBARRASSED them his last two starts.

Side note, I'm a bit of a Marlins fan. Love the Sox, but the Marlins are my small-market guilty pleasure team.
                                                                                                  I said this last night to some buddies. He is filthy

Comment

• Originally posted by irishfan View Post
                                                                                                    Okay, Jose Fernandez is best pitcher in baseball. I should let Kershaw get off the DL before I say that, but I just don't think anyone can touch Fernandez. I feel like the Braves must be regretting that fight with him last year, because he has EMBARRASSED them his last two starts.

4-1 with a 1.59 ERA. 55 Ks to 8 BBs.

Last two starts against Braves: 2-0, 16 IP, 0 runs, 22 Ks, 2 BBs

Fenandez is the truth but you never regret a fight against the perennial cellar dwellers. When they have 70 wins at the end of the season this will all be forgotten. Besides he'll only be on the Marlins for a few more years and then they'll trade him or he'll leave in FA.
                                                                                                    "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

• Supposedly Max Scherzer has done some personal research and discovered that if you don't need Tommy John surgery within your first 4 MLB seasons, odds are almost 100% you will never need it. Heard it on the radio. Crazy if true.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X