"F" Pro Sports!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "F" Pro Sports!!!

I just cannot seem to figure out why people still watch these overpaid babies. Here with two pro-sport lock outs going on at the same time and it is all about mismanaged funds, why would anyone still support this crap. Itís like watching WWE/F or whatever the fake crap is anymore, but "wrastling" never has a lockout...go figure. Iím so tired of hearing about pro-sports, I just with the fan base would abandon them all so the leagues would just fold up and go away...Come back to the real world where everyone that works helps their company make money, that is the whole object of a company having good people work for them. Real people canít say hey company, you are making a lot of money off of me, so I demand more right now or I am not working until you give me more....

Sorry about the ramble....
    "Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge-hammer!" - Semper Fi!

pro sports suck

Comment

I hear you....

NBA is dead to me....

NFL is on its way.....

Thank God for College Football and NHL.
      "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

One thing I like about college football, it will never be locked out. The players will never complain about money because the money they make is all under the table.

Comment

I love pro sports. Baseball especially. I love Notre Dame football, but as a sport college football falls behind MLB and NFL. College sports is not without its own improprieties and aggravations. The BCS, the arcane and draconian NCAA enforcement arm, the cheating and the ethical vacuums. One reason why I love ND so much is that it operates on a different level than most of the scoundrels that dominate the college sports landscape. At least in professional sports everyone is playing by the same set of rules.

Comment

BS like these lockouts aside...pro sports are awesome.

I still think NFL players are under-paid, and NBA players are well over-paid. That's why one league is going to have a season and the other is not.

Anyway, it's sports at the highest level...hard not to like it as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by chadder20 View Post
              I just cannot seem to figure out why people still watch these overpaid babies. Here with two pro-sport lock outs going on at the same time and it is all about mismanaged funds, why would anyone still support this crap. It’s like watching WWE/F or whatever the fake crap is anymore, but "wrastling" never has a lockout...go figure. I’m so tired of hearing about pro-sports, I just with the fan base would abandon them all so the leagues would just fold up and go away...Come back to the real world where everyone that works helps their company make money, that is the whole object of a company having good people work for them. Real people can’t say hey company, you are making a lot of money off of me, so I demand more right now or I am not working until you give me more....
              Umm...You do realize that the same players that we love and cheer for on Saturdays eventually become these "over paid babies" that play on Sundays as you are referring to them.

I get that you like the college game better, I too find it more appealing, but I think it might be a little much to to call them "over paid babies."

You personally may not be able to ask for more money if your company is making more off of you but if you were a union worker you could.

What about the transit workers or steel workers that go on strike for higher wages? That isn't the same thing? I get that the dollar ranges are completely different but that is a totally different arguement.

Comment

Originally posted by military_irish View Post
                One thing I like about college football, it will never be locked out. The players will never complain about money because the money they make is all under the table.
                Can you imagine if college football was locked out for some crazy reason? Cities would burn and there would be murders if I could not watch Notre Dame for a year. Murders.
                Beat USC...every year...every year. I hate 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by NDFANnSouthWest View Post
                  I hear you....

NBA is dead to me....
                  NFL is on its way.....

Thank God for College Football and NHL.
                  same here. until david stern steps down....i'll never watch the celtics again. the whole thing is rigged anyway. stern is a grease ball.
                  --cheers,
                  tank

Comment

Originally posted by military_irish View Post
                    that's funny right there
                    --cheers,
                    tank

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X