X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KPENN
    replied
    Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
    Pens are back to back champs, clearly the better team, Flyers barely made the playoffs and Pittsburgh won every single meeting this year... no reason to think Philly can hang,... and,... watch them beat my Pens in six or something before losing four straight to Washington... I'm pretty much expecting this.
    I have no dreams of them making a deep run this season, but I thought against Washington or Boston they could have given them a serious run or even beaten them. Where the Pens are gonna kill the flyer is center depth, and Hakstol's obsession with Filppula as a "shut down" guy is gonna kill them. This season was about giving their youth experience and giving them playoff experience is an added bonus. Hopefully they can get rid of some dead weight this season, cause this roster is really, really close. Anyways, but gut says Pens in 6.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Originally posted by KPENN View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand get the worst matchup for them possible. Excellent.
    Pens are back to back champs, clearly the better team, Flyers barely made the playoffs and Pittsburgh won every single meeting this year... no reason to think Philly can hang,... and,... watch them beat my Pens in six or something before losing four straight to Washington... I'm pretty much expecting this.

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand get the worst matchup for them possible. Excellent.

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Alright, it's almost time ladies... for those in it, how does everyone feel about their team's chances?

My Pens are giving up goals at a pretty alarming rate for a team that is going for a 3-peat... not a good sign even if they are still winning games. I am pretty interested in the west this year, Jets, Vegas, Smahsville, both Ducks and Kings... fun times.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Going to take a while to adjust to the Canucks not having either Sedin on the roster...

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Penguins vs. Flyers Season Matchups:

Nov. 27, 2017: Pens 5, Flyers 4
    Jan. 2, 2018: Pens 5, Flyers 1
    Mar. 7, 2018: Pens 5, Flyers 2
    Mar. 25, 2018: Pens 5, Flyers 4

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
    how would you like it?
    1-8 in each conference. Enough of the gimmick divisional format, really good teams are getting screwed over by this. Right now the playoffs look like this, conference rank in points and points currently in parenthesis.

(1)Tampa(106) vs (8)NJD(84)
    (2)Boston(102) vs (3)Toronto(95)

(4)Washington(93) vs (7)Philly(88)
    (5)Pittsburgh(90) vs (6)Columbus(89)

(1)Nashville(106) vs (8)Colorado(88)
    (3)Winnipeg(100) vs (5)Minnesota(90)

(2)Vegas(100) vs (7)Anaheim(89)
    (4)San Jose(93) vs (6) LA(89)

The #1 and #2 teams in the east would play each other in round two and have two of the top 3 seeds out by the conference final. The west is a bit better, but #1 and #2 could play in the second round there too.. This happened last year with Pittsburgh and Washington meeting in round 2. There's been more problems in the past too, but i'm too lazy to go into it. Go 1-8 in each conference with a reseed after the first round.
    Last edited by KPENN; 03-24-2018, 01:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    I really hope the NHL overhauls this playoff format. It's terrible.
    how would you like it?

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    I really hope the NHL overhauls this playoff format. It's terrible.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Watching Kings games without Bob Millers voice is very, very strange... it’s been over a year now and I’m still not used to it...

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    Pens' third and fourth lines are such difference makers...they keep so much pressure on when you'd assume you're taking a breath from not having Crosby, Malkin, Kessel and Co on the ice... going back to the HBK line the quality they have one their bottom lines and the difference they make over the long haul is just huge.
    Getting Brassard was big, so was dumping Reaves.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Man anyone else watching this Pens/Gers game? It's been wild...

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Pens' third and fourth lines are such difference makers...they keep so much pressure on when you'd assume you're taking a breath from not having Crosby, Malkin, Kessel and Co on the ice... going back to the HBK line the quality they have one their bottom lines and the difference they make over the long haul is just huge.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Cry, Flyers, Cry

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    Flyers first in the Metro. Lol

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    The IT crew at my work used to try to pile on me daily for "Toews is now the best center in the world, Crosby isn't even the best player at his own position... sad... sucks to be a Pens fan loser."

I mean I'd hear it from them all the damn time, get emails...

those fuckers been mighty quiet the past few years....... lol
    What's crazy, is even the national media pumped this up for a while, and they always pointed to team success. From what, 2010-2015, the penguins couldn't get out of their own way management/coaching wise. Now they have competent coaching and management, what do you know?

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
    Hawks had a ton of ďniceĒ centers for 40 years and didnít win. Toews comes along and they win three cups? I hate the Hawks with my life but heís definitely not nearing as replaceable as you infer.
    They also have had Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Saad, Hossa, Sharp, etc... They have had top end talent and really good depth from 2010-2015, those teams were really, really good. It was much more than Captain Serious being in Chicago. Maybe "nice" wasn't the right word. I'll stand by what I said, you could swap Toews for a lot of centers in the league and that team is probably better and he certainly isn't worth $10.5M

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied

Still a thing.....

Leave a comment:

• Andy in Sactown
    replied
    The IT crew at my work used to try to pile on me daily for "Toews is now the best center in the world, Crosby isn't even the best player at his own position... sad... sucks to be a Pens fan loser."

One of my coworkers was throwing some shade as he vented over his Blackhawks total meltdown. "Oh, and how's your three peat going?"

To which I responded, "turned on the jets late in the season, going to at least take second in the Metro, coast through the first round and knock out Ovi and the Caps on the way to the cup. You know, like the last two years."

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied

Leave a comment:

• STLDomer
    replied
    See, I think leadership gets waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy overvalued in hockey. He's a nice player, but you can plug a ton of centers on that team in place of him and they are still winning cups. I just don't think he's worth his cap hit.
    Hawks had a ton of “nice” centers for 40 years and didn’t win. Toews comes along and they win three cups? I hate the Hawks with my life but he’s definitely not nearing as replaceable as you infer.

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    Good deal, I like it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Flyers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Flyers</a> have acquired G Petr Mrazek from the <a href="https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@DetroitRedWi ngs</a> in exchange for a conditional 4th round draft pick in the 2018 NHL Draft and a conditional 3rd round draft pick in 2019. <a href="https://t.co/h3rlewulta">https://t.co/h3rlewulta</a></p>&mdash; Philadelphia Flyers (@NHLFlyers) <a href="https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/965783075597815810?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• Wild Bill
    replied
    See, I think leadership gets waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy overvalued in hockey. He's a nice player, but you can plug a ton of centers on that team in place of him and they are still winning cups. I just don't think he's worth his cap hit.
    Probably not. But how do you let him walk?

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
    Toews is the highest paid player in the league (I think he is or close) and he just doesn't put up numbers to justify the price tag. I understand his value is driven by his ability to lead and demand for his services (someone would have paid him something similar if the Hawks refused), but when you're restricted by the cap, you have to get scoring from your highest paid offensive players.

To be fair, I would have paid him too. You just can't let a guy like that walk after he led you to three cups.

Losing Crawford killed them too.

Leave a comment:

• Wild Bill
    replied
    Toews is the highest paid player in the league (I think he is or close) and he just doesn't put up numbers to justify the price tag. I understand his value is driven by his ability to lead and demand for his services (someone would have paid him something similar if the Hawks refused), but when you're restricted by the cap, you have to get scoring from your highest paid offensive players.

To be fair, I would have paid him too. You just can't let a guy like that walk after he led you to three cups.

Losing Crawford killed them too.

Leave a comment:

• ickythump1225
    replied
    Still trying to figure out how Chicago is sitting in last place...
    Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    I get all this totally, and it's hard to keep up that level of play for years on end without any drop off, in any sport... but to be this bad?? It's still crazy, I could see an average year where hang around but miss the playoffs... but man, there is still 20 plus games left and unless something really crazy happens they're basically done.
    Yeah I hear ya, just kind of the perfect storm I guess. I mean, they looked totally outclassed by Nashville, but I thought they'd some what bounce back. They made that Saad trade and not a whole lot else to make themselves better.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Yeah, it's crazy, but kinda not at the same time. Seabrook has struggled not a ton of depth, Crawford being hurt. They traded Panarin for Saad and Saad has struggled badly.
    I get all this totally, and it's hard to keep up that level of play for years on end without any drop off, in any sport... but to be this bad?? It's still crazy, I could see an average year where hang around but miss the playoffs... but man, there is still 20 plus games left and unless something really crazy happens they're basically done.

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    Yeah, it's crazy, but kinda not at the same time. Seabrook has struggled not a ton of depth, Crawford being hurt. They traded Panarin for Saad and Saad has struggled badly.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    Yeah? The locals are jumping on then? I've been curious...
    Yeah I the practices are standing room only, games have standing room only tickets. Even seen the hispanic community rocking Knights gear

Also I would love for Seattle to get the next team, that would be a fun away game

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    double post, please delete

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
    yeah Vegas is a destination city gonna have lots of away fans the first few years, they greased the light poles tho before the game. The Knights have really taken Vegas over like I never would have expected

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    I was in Vegas over the weekend... right across the street from TMobile at the MGM... Flyer fans everywhere.
    yeah Vegas is a destination city gonna have lots of away fans the first few years, they greased the light poles tho before the game. The Knights have really taken Vegas over like I never would have expected

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    I was in Vegas over the weekend... right across the street from TMobile at the MGM... Flyer fans everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    Still waiting for the hottest team in the NHL to get their icon in the vbuck plaza... Lets go Knights!

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    So, Chicago...... that's like,.... yeah.

Leave a comment:

• ickythump1225
    replied
    I think it is time for the Ducks to retool and start a rebuild. I don't think the team has the horses to really compete anymore and the Stanley Cup window has closed. For all the talent that has been in Anaheim the past 5-7 years for the team to not even make a SC Final is a big let down.

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    So when is the Golden Knight icon going to be added in the store?

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    Going to see the Flyers in Buffalo tomorrow night. I am expecting a loss, but am excited regardless.

Leave a comment:

• GATTACA!
    replied
    Neat

Leave a comment:

• STLDomer
    replied
    Lazarus has to be so salty lol.

Leave a comment:

• connor_in
    replied
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING NEWS:<br><br>The 2019 Winter Classic will be Blackhawks vs Bruins at Notre Dame Stadium. Expect a formal announcement around the ND-Navy game Nov 18th <a href="https://t.co/oyBoARugwk">pic.twitter.com/oyBoARugwk</a></p>&mdash; Chief (@BarstoolChief) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarstoolChief/status/927952684757454848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 7, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Huge game about to start... Leafs Kings is a great matchup for any hockey fan. I'm hyped, my first hockey game this year( just been busy and out of country) ... definitely feels like Fall.

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    Golden Knights yall!!

Leave a comment:

• Andy in Sactown
    replied
    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
    I'll give it to you, you've got big Stanley Cup muscles to even get online today. Last night's scoreboard would have crushed a lesser man. Reps.

But for posterity's sake:

The scoreboard doesn't bother me; it's one game, but dayum-- that second pic is pretty good. You got me with that one.

Also, re: Cubs: They're bound to win one every 108 years or so. Chin up Sox fans.

EDIT: I photoshopped in Phil's hotdogs into the trophy case for all the people that follow the league. Nom nom nom.

Last edited by Andy in Sactown; 10-06-2017, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy in Sactown View Post
    Huh. I remember the last two years somewhat differently.
    I'll give it to you, you've got big Stanley Cup muscles to even get online today. Last night's scoreboard would have crushed a lesser man. Reps.

But for posterity's sake:

Last edited by BobbyMac; 10-06-2017, 03:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STLDomer
    replied
    I don't remember addressing you about the Blues before you chimed in. And yes, it's hard to be humble when you've enjoyed 11 pro championships in your lifetime.

I got nothing but love for Cardinal baseball fans. Maybe the best fans in all of sports. 3/4's of my family are Cardinal fans because they are from SoIll, SEMO, WKY and Evansville, IN... all Cardinal Country. But as a White Sox fan, it's easy to type that.

and while we're at it... Memphis' BBQ is better!.
    Ah a White Sox fan. My mistake, I imagine being called a Cubs fan was quite the insult.

I have faith in the rebuild. Donít want, need White Sox to be the better Chicago team.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
    Itís funny Chicago sports fans are in this stage where in hockey as Blackhawks fans they do exactly what they complain in baseball Cardinals fan do.
    I don't remember addressing you about the Blues before you chimed in. And yes, it's hard to be humble when you've enjoyed 11 pro championships in your lifetime.

I got nothing but love for Cardinal baseball fans. Maybe the best fans in all of sports. 3/4's of my family are Cardinal fans because they are from SoIll, SEMO, WKY and Evansville, IN... all Cardinal Country. But as a White Sox fan, it's easy to type that.

and while we're at it... Memphis' BBQ is better!.

Leave a comment:

• Andy in Sactown
    replied
    Well if we learned anything from the current Stanley Cup Champions... last year doesn't mean shiitake.

Huh. I remember the last two years somewhat differently.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="lsuVIwW"><a href="//imgur.com/lsuVIwW"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X