No announcement yet.

NHL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH MY GOD, can not believe this!! Woo!! Go Hawks!! Words can not explain how bad I wish I was in the city celebrating!

Comment

• and if you don't think the Hawks were the better team in this series you are BUTTHURT

Comment

• In one word, wow.

Time for the offseason!

The Colorado avalanche are on the clock.

Comment

• Also, was glad to watch toews raise the cup and be able to enjoy it..

And then I realized Dan Carrillo got to pick lord Stanley up and i puked

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
            Wednesday according to the governor on local news

He could have been hammered.
            Thu or Fri now is the "official" timeframe.

Comment

• Parade officially Friday.

What an epic, unbelievable, crazy game. I don't think I've ever seen a finish like that in my life in any championship game:

<iframe width="540" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YXx6_7fpnKM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was out on Clark before, during, and after the game and the atmosphere was indescribable. They had barricades up on either side of Clark that didn't do a damn thing. People spilled into the streets and I've never seen a scene like that before in my life. Even on St. Patty's day in Chicago, when the entire city is partying, have I ever seen Clark Street like that.

People were going insane everywhere, random people chugging beers in the street and bars buying shots for people and blasting Chelsea Dagger over and over. I'm on maybe 2 hours of sleep and somehow have to make it into the office right now.

What a celebration. What a start to the celebration.

GO HAWKS!!!!!
              www.chicagosportstown.com

Comment

• Went to bed last night around 3, was restless (and still drunk) at 6. Heading up to the city later to extend the party, and try to avoid shifting all the attention to White Sox baseball for a for a few more days.

Comment

• "Unsurreal." -- Andrew I-can't-stop-cursing-on-live-TV Shaw

Shaw is definitely my favorite player of these playoffs. You gotta love the grit of that little dude.

What a win. Just an unbelievable finish, to the game and the series. After Game 3, I was struggling to stay optimistic. Still don't really get how they managed to turn things around.

Parade Friday. Man, I wish I still worked in the Loop.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenSox04 View Post
                    In one word, wow.

Time for the offseason!

The Colorado avalanche are on the clock.
                    Nathan Mackinnon or Seth Jones?

Comment

• Bryzgalov is getting bought out. Yay. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by EuropeanDomer View Post
                        They'll probably take Mackinnon.

I'd trade down and take Drouin but that's just me

Comment

• Originally posted by Emcee77 View Post
                          "Unsurreal." -- Andrew I-can't-stop-cursing-on-live-TV Shaw

Shaw is definitely my favorite player of these playoffs. You gotta love the grit of that little dude.

What a win. Just an unbelievable finish, to the game and the series. After Game 3, I was struggling to stay optimistic. Still don't really get how they managed to turn things around.

Parade Friday. Man, I wish I still worked in the Loop.
                          Same here man, I'm out in the burbs for Court that morning that I cannot get out of. Definitely blows.

I hit the 2010 parade and it was appropriately a madhouse. Really going to suck missing it this year.

Comment

• the day comes I get to wake up in a bush in my giroux jersey..

A kid can dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by EuropeanDomer View Post
                              Sakic has said they're looking at one of the forwards, which sucks cause Denver is where seth jones learned to play, which would of been cool.

But i think drouin is the best out of the 3 of them personally, I have the 1st pick. I'm calling drouins number.

Originally posted by KPENN View Post
                              Bryzgalov is getting bought out. Yay. :)
                              Just glad it's over and we can move forward.

Comment

Just glad it's over and we can move forward.

Comment

• Still trying to find a way to go to the Draft. Had no luck on the initial lottery, I wish the Devils didn't make it so difficult to get tickets.

Comment

• Ah the life

Y! SPORTS

Comment

• Who's heading to the parade today?

Comment

• Originally posted by blueNDgold44 View Post
                                        Who's heading to the parade today?
                                        I'll be there, beautiful day in the Chi for it! Can't wait for the post parade celebration, the entire City goes nuts.

Comment

• Classy move. Might now be my 2nd favorite NHL team.

2013 Stanley Cup finals -- Chicago Blackhawks tip caps to Bruins, city of Boston - ESPN Chicago

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Irish19 View Post
                                              That's pretty dope..

Comment

That's pretty dope..
                                                Thanks. I live a block away from Grant Park (where the photo was taken) and this place has been chaotic since 7am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish19 View Post
                                                  Thanks. I live a block away from Grant Park (where the photo was taken) and this place has been chaotic since 7am.
                                                  Live it, love Chicago easily my favorite city I've been to.

Comment

• Wow sooo many people. I ended up getting 2 rows of the fence at Grant Park somehow and the amount of people there was mind blowing. On another note, while we were walking down there we stopped somewhere along Columbus to rest in the shade for a little bit and some scumbag came up to one of my buddies when he went by himself to go the bathroom and punched him in the mouth for no reason and then took off. My buddy bit right his lip and had to get 3 stitches. Funny thing is the guy came back afterwards and then we confronted and he got arrested but not before running 5 blocks through oncoming traffic. The whole situation was just absurd. But at least the parade and everything else was absolutely ridiculously fun so it made up for it.

Comment

• Awesome time yesterday. Got against the railing on State and Washington, took a great video as they came by. Insane is the only way to describe the city from 7am to about 7 pm yesterday.

*Went to the Shamrock Club (little dive) afterwards, and freaking Mayor Emanuel stopped in there for a few minutes. Really random.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
                                                        Awesome time yesterday. Got against the railing on State and Washington, took a great video as they came by. Insane is the only way to describe the city from 7am to about 7 pm yesterday.

*Went to the Shamrock Club (little dive) afterwards, and freaking Mayor Emanuel stopped in there for a few minutes. Really random.
                                                        Nice - I kept debating whether to do that or head straight to the rally and ended up just going for Grant Park.

But you're right - the city was insane yesterday. Bounced from River North up through Wrigley, and it was nuts.

Love Chicago, Love the Hawks.

Comment

• Love the Hawks taking the home town boy in Ryan Hartman. Surprised Jones dropped to Nashville too

Comment

Love the Hawks taking the home town boy in Ryan Hartman. Surprised Jones dropped to Nashville too
                                                            It was about addressing needs for the other teams. Colorado really believed that MacKinnon was the best player out there, Florida really wanted a center, and Yzerman loves Drouin (The perfect compliment to a pure scorer like Stamkos). Fact is, all 4 teams got awesome players...
                                                            Last edited by aubeirish; 06-30-2013, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• FLA should of dropped back if they wanted barkov, I would of went to Carolina, if canes didnt want to move up since they were talking of moving down from 5 all day, would of went to someone like Calgary who had multiple 1st, and were dying to get one of the big 3.. Then fla couldve moved up to 5, which I believe barkov would of still been there.

What an awful draft for the flyers..I now get why homer always trades picks cause he can't put a draft together apparently on a consistent basis.

NJD with highway robbery on Vancouver, what a joke that trade is.

Comment

• NJD with highway robbery on Vancouver, what a joke that trade is.

It clearly wasn't enough. I think the cannucks were determined not to trade with the oilers... For what it's worth, Horvat is supposed to be pretty good.

I really like Detroit's pick at 20. This was a steal. 6'4 guy with great lineage and great ability to score goals. Heck, he had 50 goals last season. Mike Babcock was all smile on this one.

Comment

FLA should of dropped back if they wanted barkov, I would of went to Carolina, if canes didnt want to move up since they were talking of moving down from 5 all day, would of went to someone like Calgary who had multiple 1st, and were dying to get one of the big 3.. Then fla couldve moved up to 5, which I believe barkov would of still been there.
                                                                  You need someone that would be willing to pay that price, plus Nashville was really high on Barkov, they would have taken him if he was still there.

Originally posted by GreenSox04 View Post
                                                                  What an awful draft for the flyers..I now get why homer always trades picks cause he can't put a draft together apparently on a consistent basis.
                                                                  I actually liked the draft, they got 2 good defensive prospects with their first 2 picks, which is something they really need. Rounds 3-7 are such a crapshoot, so i wouldn't be too worried about those picks either way.

Comment

• I was at the draft yesterday, and I had a great time. Devils did a great job catering towards the fans and had a lot going on.

Thoughts on the draft:

- Arguable on the Avs part, but Florida and Tampa are going to regret not taking Jones. Kid is going to be a special player.

- Took about 10 minutes for the Schneider trade to sink in, but I'm pretty excited about it. Looking forward to seeing him in a Devils jersey this season and hopefully for a while.

- Surprised the Flyers didn't take one of Zadorov or Pulock. If they were looking at size, Zadorov is only an inch shorter than Morin.

- You Philly fans should definitely make it to the draft next year, it's a great experience.

- On a side note, there were so many amazingly hot girls at the draft decked out in nice dresses, which i assumed were the GFs of the prospects.

Comment

• - Arguable on the Avs part, but Florida and Tampa are going to regret not taking Jones. Kid is going to be a special player.
                                                                      Jones is certainly a special talent. This kind of size and abilities at the back-end is pretty rare to find. I don't know much about Barkov, so I won't judge the pick. I really like Drouin myself. I thought he was better than MacKinnon for team Canada during the world junior championship. I remember talking to a buddy of mine who coached him for team Quebec a year ago and he was absolutely raving about his hockey IQ. From what I gather, you couldn't really go wrong with any of the top 4 players.

- On a side note, there were so many amazingly hot girls at the draft decked out in nice dresses, which i assumed were the GFs of the prospects.
                                                                      That. Also, there is a lot of hot older sisters.

Comment

• Originally posted by KPENN View Post
                                                                        You need someone that would be willing to pay that price, plus Nashville was really high on Barkov, they would have taken him if he was still there.

Everything I heard is Nashville felt like they would of hit the lottery if jones fell to them. I find it very hard to believe they couldn't of moved back, then depending how far they moved back get back into a spot barkov would of been.

I actually liked the draft, they got 2 good defensive prospects with their first 2 picks, which is something they really need. Rounds 3-7 are such a crapshoot, so i wouldn't be too worried about those picks either way.
                                                                        I like the 2nd round pick, furious they took morin over pulock, kid is gonna be a stud. Book it.
                                                                        Hagg was rated higher the morin by a couple scouting services..

To boot, they should of tried to get back in early 2nd with fucale falling as far as he did, some people had NJD taking him at 9 before they stole Schneider

Also HATED the fact they passed on lodge for a zac Rinaldo. That pissed me off more than anything,

Comment

• Originally posted by #1rish View Post
                                                                          I was at the draft yesterday, and I had a great time. Devils did a great job catering towards the fans and had a lot going on.

Thoughts on the draft:

- Arguable on the Avs part, but Florida and Tampa are going to regret not takingJones. Kid is going to be a special player .

- You Philly fans should definitely make it to the draft next year, it's a great experience.

On jones, scary he's gonna be developing in Nashville. Which has CHURNED out defense since they came into the league. The fact that shea weber is a mentor to be is going to do wonders for a kid that has the skill set to be one of the greatest defensemen of his time, yes I said it.cant wait to offer sheet jones in 3 years

Ill definitely be at the draft next year, and I can't wait, I don't think you'll be able to hear a word Bettman says at the podium.

Finally.. On the attractive girls, sure a small sample is sisters/relatives and actual girlfriends, the majority however is classified as "puck sluts" for you those not familiar with that term, it's pretty much exactly what it reads..

Comment

• Free agency anyone?

Ill start. Clowe.

LOLdevils

Comment

• Really shocked by Alfie to the Wings

Comment

• Jackets got Nathan Horton pumped for that.

Comment

• Job well done thus far Holmgren.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kanye West View Post
                                                                                    Jackets got Nathan Horton pumped for that.
                                                                                    I wouldn't be.... Just saying

Comment

• Wish the Hawks would have brought back Emery. Good pick up by Philly

Comment

• So many huge contracts for players that I really don't think are worth it.. At all.. Teams are always willing to overspend regardless of a weak FA market, wait till next year.. If you haven't seen the potential FA class for 14.. Go take a look, you might be second guessing your teams big payouts to a clowe, clarkson, or even a Horton, or be excited that your team is passing on landing free agents this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by KPENN View Post
                                                                                          I wouldn't be.... Just saying
                                                                                          Well he's injury prone but we got him for cheap compared to the Clarkson and Clowe debacles. The contract is frontloaded so we can buy him out easily at the end of 5 years.

Comment

Well he's injury prone but we got him for cheap compared to the Clarkson and Clowe debacles. The contract is frontloaded so we can buy him out easily at the end of 5 years.
                                                                                            I'd be afraid of Horton simply because he's another concussion away from god forbid his career being pretty much over.

Comment

• Horton needs surgery to repair his shoulder after a dislocation. Will be available in January. Good player none the less. Bruins signed Jerome Iginla today to an incentive lad*n contract. He will replace Horton on the 1st line w Krecji and Lucic. With yesterday's trade of Sequin, the B's will slide Louis Ericsson onto the 2nd line w Bergeron and Marchand. They now have cap space to sign Rask to a new contract and some additional space for another player or 2. The B's will need to replace Peverly (went w Sequin to Dallas), Andrew Ferrence (allowed to walk in FA) and Jagr. I like the moves they've made and have confidence they will fill out roster properly. Always good to have a competent GM. Weird that the software edits out the word l a d e n.

Comment

Buyouts can only happen after this year and next.

Comment

• The Bulin wall is back in Chicago, hopefully he can be as good as Emery was at spelling Crawford

Comment

Really shocked by Alfie to the Wings
                                                                                                    Shocked like you're surprised he would go to the Wings or that the Wings would sign him?
                                                                                                    I'm kind of a big deal

Comment

• Shocked he left Ottawa after 17 seasons

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X