Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACamp1900
    replied
    ... did everyone see Philly's new,... ah,... mascot??

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    Originally posted by KPENN View Post
    Yep. My guess is he wasn’t willing to sign an extension, which brought down his trade value a bit. I bet he ends up in Tampa.
    Vegas

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
    Karlsson sweepstakes pt. 2 start next summer
    Yep. My guess is he wasn’t willing to sign an extension, which brought down his trade value a bit. I bet he ends up in Tampa.

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    So. Ottawa Gave away Karlsson for a bag of pucks
    Karlsson sweepstakes pt. 2 start next summer

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    So. Ottawa Gave away Karlsson for a bag of pucks

Leave a comment:

• IrishSteelhead
    replied
    Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
    Why they ever moved away from them in the first place is beyond me... those unis (home and away) were awesome. I can only think of a few defunct unis I like as much.

I really liked Calgarys red and yellow unis, and the Minnesota North Stars green and yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    LOL!

https://sports.theonion.com/alexande...ource=Facebook

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    meh all their jerseys are blah, including that throw back. Now give me a thrown back VGK jersey
    those were so money back in the day...........

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    meh all their jerseys are blah, including that throw back. Now give me a thrown back VGK jersey

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Now if we can only find a way to get the Whalers back all will be good with NHL unis...

Leave a comment:

• greyhammer90
    replied
    The C being the front of the blade is so smooth it gives me goosebumps.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    These are amazing jerseys, light years better than their current ones.
    Why they ever moved away from them in the first place is beyond me... those unis (home and away) were awesome. I can only think of a few defunct unis I like as much.

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    This happened... I'm not even a Canucks fan and it pumped me up... I was just on a sports forum like a week ago discussing the best defunct uniforms in sports and this was one of my top choices.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hocke...inden-bure-era
    These are amazing jerseys, light years better than their current ones.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    This happened... I'm not even a Canucks fan and it pumped me up... I was just on a sports forum like a week ago discussing the best defunct uniforms in sports and this was one of my top choices.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hocke...inden-bure-era

Leave a comment:

• IrishSteelhead
    replied
    R.I.P Razor. I was so pumped when the Flyers signed him, too bad he had the hip problem. It’s anazing he made it back to play in the NHL.

IIRC, his hip injury was the same one Bo had. Pretty serious stuff.

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    R.I.P Razor. I was so pumped when the Flyers signed him, too bad he had the hip problem. It’s anazing he made it back to play in the NHL.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Saw that... man so young, terrible.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post
    Ray Emery was 35.

Apparently, his body was found having drowned in a country club in Ontario.

RIP
    In the article I read, they had a link to him getting into 2 fights in like 90 seconds. Baller move for a goalie to drop the gloves.

RIP

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Balki
    replied
    Ray Emery was 35.

Apparently, his body was found having drowned in a country club in Ontario.

RIP

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    Tavares to Toronto... they need more defense but that front line,... goodness!
    Yeah it's absurd. Lol

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Tavares to Toronto... they need more defense but that front line,... goodness!

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    I’m expecting no playoffs... lol

Leave a comment:

• Circa
    replied
    Good warm up year from the Knights, can't wait to see how they improve next year!
    Bet. They won't even make the final run..

Leave a comment:

• Circa
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post
    Finally, a championship for our nation's capital!

...and it's let by Russians...

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Leafs with a bit of love... good to see.

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    cup odds for next season

https://twitter.com/golfodds/status/...657022464?s=19

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    RIP to all those amazing Caps/No cups memes and gifs over the last five years or so... those were glorious.

Leave a comment:

• ND NYC
    replied
    wonder if they get an invite/make the visit to the white house

Leave a comment:

• IrishSteelhead
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
    They’d played their asses off tonight too when they easily could’ve folded. Probably the greatest season of any expansion franchise in any American sport, ever.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethi...not-close/amp/

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied
    Good warm up year from the Knights, can't wait to see how they improve next year!
    They’d played their asses off tonight too when they easily could’ve folded. Probably the greatest season of any expansion franchise in any American sport, ever.

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Balki
    replied
    Finally, a championship for our nation's capital!

...and it's let by Russians...

Leave a comment:

• GATTACA!
    replied
    Good for the Caps.

Ovechkin should really get that tooth fixed lol.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Congrats,... had to go their way eventually.

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    So happy for Ovechkin.

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied
    CAPS!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied
    I’m glad your boys are almost there, lord knows theyve paid their dues... but I have to point out the irony of a Caps fan pointing out how another team gets cheap when getting beat down.... lol

I hope Vegas wins at least one more to make it interesting.
    Tom Wilson's regular cheap shots and antics not withstanding, I really can't think of a single time I've seen a Caps team start a bunch of scuffles or have a bunch of cheap penalties at the end of a playoff game where they were down 3+ goals. And maybe the Caps should do that kind of stuff more often, because lord knows for over a decade whatever they were trying to do to create an aggressive/confident/winning mentality in the playoffs was not working.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    For some reason Vegas thinks throwing a tantrum and committing a bunch of cheap penalties at the end of an ass beating is “toughness.” In reality, that just shows you’re mentally soft.

The Vegas team we saw all playoffs until these last two games was quite scary and extremely confident... for the Caps sake, I hope we keep seeing the team we saw tonight and not the mentality that got them this far.
    I’m glad your boys are almost there, lord knows theyve paid their dues... but I have to point out the irony of a Caps fan pointing out how another team gets cheap when getting beat down.... lol

I hope Vegas wins at least one more to make it interesting.

Leave a comment:

• KPENN
    replied
    For some reason Vegas thinks throwing a tantrum and committing a bunch of cheap penalties at the end of an ass beating is “toughness.” In reality, that just shows you’re mentally soft.

The Vegas team we saw all playoffs until these last two games was quite scary and extremely confident... for the Caps sake, I hope we keep seeing the team we saw tonight and not the mentality that got them this far.
    I don’t think it’s them trying to be “tough”, I think they’re legitimately frustrated. This is the first time all year somebody has had their number.

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    Hardest working team in the NHL, Knights win

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    I do not like Ovie, at all... I think he's a jackass. He is a good player though and his team has deserved better over the last five years or so. I don't really know who I am rooting for ultimately. I just want an entertaining and extended series.

Leave a comment:

• Kingbish01
    replied
    As a hardcore Pens fan, I may catch some sh!t for this...BUT...I want the Caps to win. Nothing against Flower, but Ovie is one of the best in the game and he deserves it. And although Oshie beat up my boy Letang, I kinda like him too.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Originally posted by T Town Tommy View Post
    I must admit... I have watched playoff hockey almost exclusively this postseason as compared to the NBA. And it hasn't disappointed. Don't really care who wins the Cup but somehow I do find myself cheering for Alex O. Maybe this is his year. Just want to see it go the distance with a bunch of one goal games getting there.
    I haven't watched a full NBA game in over 15 years... it's a good place to be honestly.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Caps have to pull this off.....right??

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied
    Caps vs Knights... who ya got!?!

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied
    The GM put together a hell of a team of a bunch of players teams said they could do without. Coach is getting the best out of them and they are the hardest working team in the NHL. Go Knights Go!
    He was also fortunate with how the NHL made it hard for teams to protect all the quality players on their rosters plus Vegas got to come into the league by themselves which is something other NHL expansion franchises haven’t had the luxury of. I watched a two hour “documentary” this past weekend on NBCSN about the Golden Knights from formation through the season and what McPhee had to say was fascinating... especially about how their plan was “playoffs in 3 years” and targeting young players.

A Vegas vs Caps finals would be awesome, especially for the subplots. Vegas vs Tampa the NHL is surely dreading... would probably pull half the ratings of Ovechkin and this large media market with championship starved vs the most captivating/fun team in the NHL.

Leave a comment:

• T Town Tommy
    replied
    I must admit... I have watched playoff hockey almost exclusively this postseason as compared to the NBA. And it hasn't disappointed. Don't really care who wins the Cup but somehow I do find myself cheering for Alex O. Maybe this is his year. Just want to see it go the distance with a bunch of one goal games getting there.

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    Originally posted by EastoftheBend View Post
    This is 1000000000% just being a salty sports fan but it's very tough to watch Vegas make it look easy, as a jackets fan who has watched 18 years of futility
    The GM put together a hell of a team of a bunch of players teams said they could do without. Coach is getting the best out of them and they are the hardest working team in the NHL. Go Knights Go!

Leave a comment:

• EastoftheBend
    replied
    This is 1000000000% just being a salty sports fan but it's very tough to watch Vegas make it look easy, as a jackets fan who has watched 18 years of futility

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X