Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PADOMERNUT View Post
    You bring up good points about Gill's ability to clear the front of the net
    It's like Pronger. I hated Pronger so much when he was with the Ducks. I would love to see him in a Kings sweater, though. It was obvious how much the Quacks miss him this season.
    “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” C.S. Lewis

Comment

• Originally posted by GO IRISH!!! View Post
      It's like Pronger. I hated Pronger so much when he was with the Ducks. I would love to see him in a Kings sweater, though. It was obvious how much the Quacks miss him this season.
      Pronger is awesome. I never really realized how good he was untill this year. The flyers needed him in the worse way. Plus it would be very unfair the kings having doughty and pronger. haha
      Last edited by KPENN; 05-03-2010, 03:34 PM.

Comment

isnt pronger an old man now? ...I mean, didnt he play with Gretz when he went St. Louis? that seems like forever ago.
        YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
        Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

• Originally posted by TDHeysus View Post
          isnt pronger an old man now? ...I mean, didnt he play with Gretz when he went St. Louis? that seems like forever ago.
          He's 35

Comment

• I sat right behind Pronger on a flight down to Puerto Vallarta a couple years ago. I was stunned at how slim he is. He looks like a monster (and plays like one too), but he is really slender. He is right about my height flat footed (about 6'5") but he must only be like 220 or so, if that - very lean frame.

I talked to him at the airport and told him how I always scare my dogs because I am in my living room yelling "Fucking PRONGER!!!" every game on TV. He got a good laugh out of that one. Told him I really respected his game. Very cool guy.

It would be pretty unfair to have both Pronger and Doughty. Doughty is the real deal. 20 freakin' years old. I really hope the Kings are willing to spend the dough (no pun intended) to wrap him up for a long term deal.
            “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” C.S. Lewis

Comment

I sat right behind Pronger on a flight down to Puerto Vallarta a couple years ago. I was stunned at how slim he is. He looks like a monster (and plays like one too), but he is really slender. He is right about my height flat footed (about 6'5") but he must only be like 220 or so, if that - very lean frame.

I talked to him at the airport and told him how I always scare my dogs because I am in my living room yelling "Fucking PRONGER!!!" every game on TV. He got a good laugh out of that one. Told him I really respected his game. Very cool guy.

It would be pretty unfair to have both Pronger and Doughty. Doughty is the real deal. 20 freakin' years old. I really hope the Kings are willing to spend the dough (no pun intended) to wrap him up for a long term deal.
              Yeah i think the flyers website has him listed at 215. From interviews i've seen he seems like a real personable guy. He's had a couple pretty good sound bites already during the post season. Yes drew doughty is an absolute stud. The kings would be crazy not to shell out the money to keep him. Elite defensemen don't come around everyday

Comment

• Pronger and Recchi are having some pretty good battles so far in this series. I am looking forward to watching that game tonight. I am pulling for the Flyers in that series. I just don't like the Bruins very much.

Comment

Pronger and Recchi are having some pretty good battles so far in this series. I am looking forward to watching that game tonight. I am pulling for the Flyers in that series. I just don't like the Bruins very much.
                  Yeah claude julien already called out pronger about him being dirty, when it was the old man recchi that was taking runs at pronger. I have a feeling that of all the 2nd round series this is gonna be the nastiest one

Comment

• dirty... whatever... they did a survey among nhl players at the start of the season and Pronger was voted most dirty, Luongo was voted most overrated.... eh,.. i miss the pre-strike era players like Tie Domi, Matt Barnaby, Scott Stevens... all of varying talent of course but guys like that made hockey a war and would do anything to win... now you can't look at someones blind side without spending two in the box... oh well, hockey is still great but I miss that era where goals were even more of a premium

with all tht said Pronger plays for the Flyers... I'm a Pens fan... I don't reason need more of a reason to root against him, but I respect the hell out of his play
                    Last edited by ACamp1900; 05-03-2010, 06:46 PM.
                    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• this was when hockey ruled the world...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EVWtq-_VYk8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EVWtq-_VYk8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7itlj1yM9l4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7itlj1yM9l4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

beware the penguins bitches... but stay away from bud ice... it's pretty nasty
                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by KPENN View Post
                        Yeah claude julien already called out pronger about him being dirty, when it was the old man recchi that was taking runs at pronger. I have a feeling that of all the 2nd round series this is gonna be the nastiest one
                        Dude!!! Did you see that save Pronger had to prevent the empty net goal and keep the game close? Great play. Too bad they lost. The would have been awesome to have Pronger get the assist or the goal after stopping a shot like that.

Comment

Dude!!! Did you see that save Pronger had to prevent the empty net goal and keep the game close? Great play. Too bad they lost. The would have been awesome to have Pronger get the assist or the goal after stopping a shot like that.
                          Yeah incredible play to bad more guys wouldn't play like pronger. It's hard to win playoff games when 4 or 5 guys are showing up

Comment

• The Stanley Cup playoffs are and have been for year the most volatile, meaning that any given series can completely change at any given moment... so if I were a Flyers fan I wouldn't be feeling good... but I wouldn't be jumping off any cliffs yet either... anything can happen, hell really all Boston did was hold home ice...

Comment

• thank you Evgeni!!!!.... now get another boys

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                The Stanley Cup playoffs are and have been for year the most volatile, meaning that any given series can completely change at any given moment... so if I were a Flyers fan I wouldn't be feeling good... but I wouldn't be jumping off any cliffs yet either... anything can happen, hell really all Boston did was hold home ice...
                                I agree, but if the flyers lose 1 in Philly then they are done

Comment

• YEAH!! Marc baby!!!!

Pens regain the initiative

Comment

I agree, but if the flyers lose 1 in Philly then they are done
                                    eh, Detroit's down 3-0 to San Jose and they're anything but done. Anybody can win 3, but getting that 4th is all that really matters (that being said, there was nobody happier then me when Patty Kane scored with 13 seconds left to keep the Hawks from going down 3-2 to the Preds.)

On a side note, I have long believed that Marc Fleury will go down as one of the greatest goalies of all time. He's got all the talent in the world, started early, and he'll be in the position to compete in the playoffs year in and year out as long as the Pens keep him, Malkin, and Crosby together. I wish I could say the same thing for Niemi, but right now I'm hoping that this is his Cam Ward year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishinSyria View Post
                                      eh, Detroit's down 3-0 to San Jose and they're anything but done. Anybody can win 3, but getting that 4th is all that really matters (that being said, there was nobody happier then me when Patty Kane scored with 13 seconds left to keep the Hawks from going down 3-2 to the Preds.)

On a side note, I have long believed that Marc Fleury will go down as one of the greatest goalies of all time. He's got all the talent in the world, started early, and he'll be in the position to compete in the playoffs year in and year out as long as the Pens keep him, Malkin, and Crosby together. I wish I could say the same thing for Niemi, but right now I'm hoping that this is his Cam Ward year.
                                      I like Fleury, but it is so hard to maintain that level of goaltending in the NHL. Look how many goalies were praised as the next Roy or Brodeur only to have a very mediocre or off season after that or to never even be heard from again. The list of goalies who can maintain that year in and year out is very short. I look at the scrutiny Brodeur gets, but the fact remains he just continues to bring it every year. I mean, he has 12 seasons of 35+ wins. That is tough to do. Don't get me wrong, I think Fleury is great and I would love to see him in a Kings sweater, no doubt. However, career numbers so far of 2.88 GAA and .907 SV% are not "greatest of all time" numbers yet. Maybe one day.

It really makes you appreciate what a guy like Brodeur has done in his career. That is a career that has kind of set the bench mark for goalies in the modern NHL.

Comment

• Anyone on the Bruins bandwagon yet?
                                        GoshenGipper the true Superman

Comment

• Originally posted by mlcspinner View Post
                                          Anyone on the Bruins bandwagon yet?
                                          Nope

Comment

here's your sign

Comment

• The Philadelphia F'ing Flyers. 1 more frickin game

Comment

Let's go Habs!!! .....would like to see Montreal bring home another cup to that hockey-crazed province

Comment

Let's go Habs!!! .....would like to see Montreal bring home another cup to that hockey-crazed province
                                                  Vous partir de l'écume américaine stupide!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TDHeysus
                                                    I have no idea what this means...does it have anything to do with the Pens getting bounced by an 8 seed??
                                                    Basically french for "Stop talking about what you know nothing of.... ignorant, stupid, American scum."

My view of Montreal

Comment

Basically french for "Stop talking about what you know nothing of.... ignorant, stupid, American scum."

My view of Montreal

oh, i just would have said STFU elitist effin scum.

Comment

oh, i just would have said STFU elitist effin scum.
                                                        l'Américain stupide

;)

Comment

• Je parle francais un petit peu. C'est mon mineur dans l'ecole secondaire.

Comment

• Go Stars!

eerrrr wait a minute...

Comment

• Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                                                              Je parle francais un petit peu. C'est mon mineur dans l'ecole secondaire.
                                                              ouais votre français est passable

but

Können Sie mit dem deutschen Mann sprechen?

:)

Comment

• Est-ce que tu parles trois langues ou est alta vista ton ami?

Comment

• اانت تريد ان نتكلم ء لغات؟

اظن ان ال"بلاك حوكس" ستفوز كل شي هذا سنة

Comment

• I'm gonna end all this talk and throw in a simple LET'S GO FLYERS

Comment

• I gotta say, despite my ingrained hatred of all things Pronger-related, I am really enjoying the Flyers! Would be great to see them win tonight.

Comment

• I'm speechless. What a comeback!!!

Comment

I'm speechless. What a comeback!!!
                                                                          see penner I told you... in the Stanley Cup playoffs NOTHING is ever over til its over...

Comment

see penner I told you... in the Stanley Cup playoffs NOTHING is ever over til its over...
                                                                            dude i have never seen a game or a series quite like that. Un-frickin-believable. Best flyer moment in my lifetime. This helps erase the 95 ecf, 97 finals and 2000 ecf. Just a great job all around by them

Comment

• ummm, game 1 of the Hawks-Sharks series was amazing. Even though the Hawks got the win and the shots were about even, I'm a bit nervous. Niemi is awesome, but won't turn away 44 out of 45 everynight and it seemed like the Sharks had more high quality chances. Still, the Hawks played great in the third and got the win, should be a high-flying series.

Comment

• YESS!!!!!

Capitals Insider - Caps sign Nicklas Backstrom to 10-year, $67M deal

The Capitals announced this morning that they've signed Nicklas Backstrom to a long-term contract, locking up the 22-year-old center for another 10 years alongside linemate Alex Ovechkin, who has 11 years left on his 13-year, $124 million contract. Backstrom's deal is worth $67 million.
                                                                                More good news.

Capitals Insider - Marcus Johansson set to sign, too? (Updated)

Capitals Insider - Video: Marcus Johansson rocks the white
                                                                                Last edited by Steve; 05-17-2010, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishinSyria View Post
                                                                                  ummm, game 1 of the Hawks-Sharks series was amazing. Even though the Hawks got the win and the shots were about even, I'm a bit nervous. Niemi is awesome, but won't turn away 44 out of 45 everynight and it seemed like the Sharks had more high quality chances. Still, the Hawks played great in the third and got the win, should be a high-flying series.
                                                                                  I'm hoping for a flyers vs hawks finals. A couple of the best us hockey cities going at it would be awesme, but there's still a loing ways to go before it happens

Comment

I'm hoping for a flyers vs hawks finals. A couple of the best us hockey cities going at it would be awesme, but there's still a loing ways to go before it happens
                                                                                    How is Philly a good hockey city?
                                                                                    "The greatest loss is lost opportunity" -Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by PADOMERNUT View Post
                                                                                      How is Philly a good hockey city?
                                                                                      You can't be serious right now. Do you even watch the nhl?

Comment

• As long as Chitown is in it, I am happy. Other than that, I will root for original six. Sorry philly fans.

Comment

• yeah the state of Penn in general is pretty good hockey country... in fact you may be able to make the case it's football first, hockey second in that state... with Baseball and Basketball only gaining ground when the Phils/Sixers or Pirates are winning

Comment

• Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                                                                                            As long as Chitown is in it, I am happy. Other than that, I will root for original six. Sorry philly fans.
                                                                                            im a original 6 fan myself....Canadiens v Blackhawks in the final!!!

Comment

• that'd be pretty sweet.

Comment

• Hopefully the flyers wreck most peoples dream of an original 6 stanley cup matchup

Comment

• Sharks/ Flyers

Gary Bettman's worst nightmare

lol

Comment

Sharks/ Flyers

lol
                                                                                                    lol. hell just the flyers in the stanley cup is bettman's worse nightmare

Comment

Sharks/ Flyers

lol
                                                                                                      I don't know, the Sharks do have a surprisingly great fan base...but not the potential of Chicago's.

Top Hockey States in the US are (according to me)

1) Minnesota
                                                                                                      2) Michigan
                                                                                                      3) Massachusetts
                                                                                                      4) New York
                                                                                                      5) Illinois
                                                                                                      6) California
                                                                                                      6) Wisconsin
                                                                                                      7) New Jersey
                                                                                                      8) Connecticut
                                                                                                      9) Alaska
                                                                                                      10) Pennsylvania

with North Dakota, Maine, and Texas just missing the cut. I'd be interested in what people think of the list (it comes strictly from my experiences growing up playing and watching hockey, absolutely no evidence whatsoever.)

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X