No announcement yet.

NHL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHLNet is showing Mario’s five goal game in 93. Very cool but bitter sweet. This was right around the time I became a major hockey fan and that team was huge favs to win it all,... but didn’t. One of the greatest single season teams ever to not win it (they were back to back champs so no tragedy I know but still). The Pens were my first PTSD sports love believe it or not, it wasn’t until Flowers save that they finally won one where I was all in. Same thing kind of happened with ND, I became an Irish fan in 89,.... I had the 80s Browns but they fell apart shortly after so yeah,...
    Last edited by ACamp1900; 06-16-2020, 12:40 PM.
    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• That sucks,... Hopefully the Pens get Alexis Lafreniere now just to make heads explode.
      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
        That sucks,... Hopefully the Pens get Alexis Lafreniere now just to make heads explode.
        Kind of want the Pens or Leafs to get Laf. Just not the Oilers.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
          Kind of want the Pens or Leafs to get Laf. Just not the Oilers.
          Eh I wouldn’t even mind the Oilers,... honestly, Edmonton Toronto in the Finals would be awesome.

Comment

• We did it, the Leafs finally came back from being down 3-0

Comment

• Wow, did not see that coming from the Hawks.

How they handled the Oilers with them on the PP for a good chunk of the series is beyond me. The Oilers are tops in the league with the man advantage.

Also props to Crow for shutting up the haters in Game 4. Dude was skating on his head all game.
              It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• Let’s go Leafs!!! Just saw the score

Comment

• Cup will stay in the US again this year, hopefully in Vegas

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                    Cup will stay in the US again this year, hopefully in Vegas
                    I could see Calgary or Toronto making a run as much as a number of American teams left in it...

Comment

• I dont see any of the Canadian teams with the horses that the top 6 US teams have

Comment

I dont see any of the Canadian teams with the horses that the top 6 US teams have
                        Who has better forward depth than Toronto? We saw the Pens win it a couple years back with the corpse of Ron Hainsey on the #1 pair.

Comment

Who has better forward depth than Toronto? We saw the Pens win it a couple years back with the corpse of Ron Hainsey on the #1 pair.
                          The Leafs are top heavy, their depth isn’t great. Pittsburgh’s defense was better than Toronto’s, plus they played much better defense. IMO I don’t think the two are comparable

Comment

• Originally posted by KPENN View Post
                            The Leafs are top heavy, their depth isn’t great. Pittsburgh’s defense was better than Toronto’s, plus they played much better defense. IMO I don’t think the two are comparable
                            Matthews/Tavares/Marner/Nylander vs Crosby/Malkin/Kessel/Sheary for the top 4 in regular season scoring. (2020 vs 2017).

Reilly/Muzzin/Barrie/Dermott vs Dumoulin/Hainsey/Maata/Schultz

The top 4 FW's are pretty close, and the top 4 D IMO aren't even comparable.

Leafs finished 3rd in overall GF's, not sure how the depth "isn't great".

Comment

Everyone

Comment

• Viva Las Vegas!!

Comment

Everyone
                                  Surely not Vegas.

Comment

Surely not Vegas.
                                    Toronto would be my pick from the east to make it, easy W

Comment

• Calves love that troll life

Comment

• Calgary v Dallas looks like a good matchup

Comment

• That is some crazy offensive power there that the Leafs have.

Comment

That is some crazy offensive power there that the Leafs have.
                                            Deepest forward group in the league, yup no issues at all.

Fuck me, worst franchise in sports.

Comment

• Sucks,..

Comment

• This is the first time in my life my team (in any sport) has picked #1 overall. Unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                  This is the first time in my life my team (in any sport) has picked #1 overall. Unbelievable.
                                                  Lafreniere, come on down -- LGR!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• Lets go MTL!!

Comment

Lets go MTL!!

Comment

• Vegas hopefully closing out the series tonight

Comment

Vegas hopefully closing out the series tonight

Comment

• Anyone stay up for the Blues game last night?? Crazy stuff, 3-1 blown lead, short handed goals, players getting sliced in the face by skates and above all it was (especially in the 2nd period) one of the fastest NHL games I can ever remember. It was like both teams were speed skating up and down the ice non stop. The pace of play was remarkably fast.

Comment

• Close the thread now. Philly is going to win the whole thing.

Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                                                Close the thread now. Philly is going to win the whole thing.

FLYERS WIN IN 2 OT.

Lit.

I'm the definition of a casual fan. I check out the playoffs if Philly is competitive(i.e makes the playoffs).

The power play is f'ing terrible but this goalie has balls.
                                                                Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike Emrick, the Hall of Fame hockey announcer who painted hockey images with the flair of Bobby Orr on the rush, will retire today from calling games. The news was first reported by Phil Mushnick of The New York Post. Emrick has called hockey for 47 years— more than 3,750 games.</p>&mdash; Richard Deitsch (@richarddeitsch) <a href="https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/1318156434912256001?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 19, 2020</a></blockquote>

Comment

• Wow first post of the season?? Anyway loved seeing the Isles win last night. Wiping buttstain made up for knocking out my pens.

avs/knights has been legit great this far

Comment

• That Islanders series was awesome. I watched more hockey over the last week than I had in the previous 10 years. I'm not sure how closely anyone on here follows Barstool, but the livestreams and everything that went along with it from them was pretty cool.

Comment

• Comment

LFG

Please massacre the Canadiens.

Comment

LFG

Please massacre the Canadiens.
                                                                            With you,…

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                            Working...
                                                                            X