• Show
Clear All

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Here we go again.

Leave a comment:

• wizards8507
    replied
    I'm not a big hockey fan so can someone explain this kid McAvoy to me? I watched the Hockey East tournament between ND and my sister being in the BC hockey band, and this kid was literally playing for BU a month ago. Then he's logging SERIOUS minutes for the Bruins in playoff games. Is this common in hockey?

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied
    Kadri can get fucked. That is all.

Leave a comment:

• GBdomer
    replied
    Here to eat my crow. What a god damn awful performance by the Hawks. Preds just clearly wanted it more and Pekka played out of his mind. To shut down the best offense in the league like that was impressive. Congrats to the Preds fans

Leave a comment:

• Wild Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by Emcee77 View Post
    The urgent change the Blackhawks must make - Chicago Tribune

Interesting take. I don't think the situation is as dire as Rosenbloom writes in the above-linked article (I'm not buying the suggestion that Keith is past it, for example), but they do need to make some changes in the off-season. They just don't have the right combination of role players around the core guys. They need an Andrew-Shaw type player to step up and make things happen with energy and toughness and hustle. There just wasn't enough of that. Or really any of that.

This is what sucks about any league with a salary cap. Shaw is still a young guy and there is no reason he shouldn't still be playing for the Hawks. Same with Brandon Saad. These salary cap casualties are just a killer from this fan's perspective. Hate it.
    Saad was definitely a cap casualty. I liked Shaw and you could be right about him being the type of player this team needed but I'm not so sure he was a cap casualty. He took the dumbest penalties and it pissed Q off.

It's laughable to say this Hawks team is finished. The core of the team is young with the exception of Hossa and Keith. Keith is 33 and is the type of player that could play 20 plus minutes a night for another five or six years provided he avoids injury. He's a machine.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Amazing what one week can do... if they can make a few minor tweaks within the cap there is no reason to think this core is going anywhere... they're still easily among hockey's elite ...

Leave a comment:

• Emcee77
    replied
    The urgent change the Blackhawks must make - Chicago Tribune

Interesting take. I don't think the situation is as dire as Rosenbloom writes in the above-linked article (I'm not buying the suggestion that Keith is past it, for example), but they do need to make some changes in the off-season. They just don't have the right combination of role players around the core guys. They need an Andrew-Shaw type player to step up and make things happen with energy and toughness and hustle. There just wasn't enough of that. Or really any of that.

This is what sucks about any league with a salary cap. Shaw is still a young guy and there is no reason he shouldn't still be playing for the Hawks. Same with Brandon Saad. These salary cap casualties are just a killer from this fan's perspective. Hate it.
    Last edited by Emcee77; 04-21-2017, 10:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Irishman77
    replied
    Hawks had their run and now they are done. Used to be the cards dominated the Cubs and the Blackhawks dominated the blues. Now it's just the opposite.

Leave a comment:

• IrishSteelhead
    replied
    NHL Thread

That was embarrassing. My only solace now is that little turd GB comes back and eats some crow. Not the same Crow Nashville feasted on of course...

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Balki
    replied
    Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
    It wasn't the sole reason they lost that game. They got the piss beaten out of them this series so I'm not sure why it matters.
    Game tying goal late in the final period that was completely against the rules? Sorry, you can say that it wasn't the reason Chicago lost the series and you're absolutely right, but I'm not changing my mind. And it wasn't just that no-call on the GI, there were several mishaps in regards to officiating in that game, heck, that 3rd period alone. That's what infuriated me most about it. It was one of the most brutally unprofessional displays from an officiating standpoint, and it cannot go unnoticed.

That being said, that was easily the worst playoff performance in Chicago Blackhawks history. 3 goals in 13 games? Pathetic. It boggles my mind how bad they were. All that talent and playoff experience, and THAT'S how they look? I've never seen a coach go from top of the world to on the hot seat like Q did in this series. That's how bad it was. There was no reason they should've lost to Nashville, much less get swept.

Hopefully the Bulls continue this run of quality play, because they're very likely all that's left until football season.

Leave a comment:

• Wild Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post
    Reread what I said. Chicago's first two games have nothing to do with the fact that the officiating in game 3 was atrocious and biased. I never said officiating was the reason they lost the series, but it was the reason they lost game 3.
    It wasn't the sole reason they lost that game. They got the piss beaten out of them this series so I'm not sure why it matters.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Balki
    replied
    Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
    Bad calls are going to happen. They matter less when you actually come to play the first two games of the series.
    Reread what I said. Chicago's first two games have nothing to do with the fact that the officiating in game 3 was atrocious and biased. I never said officiating was the reason they lost the series, but it was the reason they lost game 3.

Leave a comment:

• Wild Bill
    replied
    Rinne had more points than hawks had even strength goals. Sad.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Lol... beaten by the league, the refs, and oh... yeah by Nashville too,... they had a small hand in it apparently.
    Last edited by ACamp1900; 04-20-2017, 09:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NDgradstudent
    replied
    Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
    Anyone else even going to challenge Chicago in the West? I think the Oilers or Ducks will be their biggest test
    Oh

Leave a comment:

• Wild Bill
    replied
    Yeah, it's really frustrating watching the one team I expect to actually make and play well in the postseason struggle so immensely and the one time they actually deserve to win, get f'd over so blatantly. 0-3 is mostly on them, for playing so terribly, but I can't let that horrific 3rd period of officiating slide. As a former official myself, it was painful to watch.
    Bad calls are going to happen. They matter less when you actually come to play the first two games of the series.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Anyway moving on to some other series, Caps are fortunate to not be in Chicagos position, even tho they've outplayed Toronto for the majority... and I'm surprised by the Ducks 3-0... expected Calgary to hang around in that one...

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    I have no dog in this fight and have rooted for Chicago in the past but there was no intentional contact, Crawford came out of the crease and was the reason for any contact... just sayin.
    Last edited by ACamp1900; 04-18-2017, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Balki
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post

GB better stay away for awhile. He started this whole mess.

Side note:

I expect the Bears to roll around for 4 quarters.

I expect the Sox bullpen to collapse on the rare nights a win is tangible.

I expect the Bulls to mire in mediocrity.

I expect ND to get killed by an awful call or execution during crunch time.

I DO NOT EXPECT Q'S HAWK TEAMS TO FALL FLAT IN THE PLAYOFFS.
    Yeah, it's really frustrating watching the one team I expect to actually make and play well in the postseason struggle so immensely and the one time they actually deserve to win, get f'd over so blatantly. 0-3 is mostly on them, for playing so terribly, but I can't let that horrific 3rd period of officiating slide. As a former official myself, it was painful to watch.

Leave a comment:

• IrishSteelhead
    replied
    NHL Thread

GB better stay away for awhile. He started this whole mess.

Side note:

I expect the Bears to roll around for 4 quarters.

I expect the Sox bullpen to collapse on the rare nights a win is tangible.

I expect the Bulls to mire in mediocrity.

I expect ND to get killed by an awful call or execution during crunch time.

I DO NOT EXPECT Q'S HAWK TEAMS TO FALL FLAT IN THE PLAYOFFS.
    Last edited by IrishSteelhead; 04-18-2017, 05:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Balki
    replied
    Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
    That wasn't interference,.... he was clearly out of the crease, I've seen many angles, not one leaves any question. It was the right call. On PK...I assume you're talking the contact on JT on the deflection attempt? If that's 'utterly ridiculously dirty' to you I can only take that two ways.... you don't know hockey, or you're super salty currently... I'll just take the, 'he's pissed' option and leave it at that.
    That doesn't matter.

The goalie interference rule states that goals should be disallowed if “an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease.”

Arvidsson initiated contact on Crawford. That's a clear no goal, Q even challenged it and it was denied. Which just shows double incompetence on the refs part, because they failed to get the call right twice.

I'm quite salty and rightfully so after that utter atrocity at the Hawks expense. If the Hawks played like crap again and lost, that's one thing, but Nashville was rewarded despite playing dirty throughout that period.
    Last edited by Crazy Balki; 04-18-2017, 01:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Anyway, how are the Flyers doing in their series????

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    That wasn't interference,.... he was clearly out of the crease, I've seen many angles, not one leaves any question. It was the right call. On PK...I assume you're talking the contact on JT on the deflection attempt? If that's 'utterly ridiculously dirty' to you I can only take that two ways.... you don't know hockey, or you're super salty currently... I'll just take the, 'he's pissed' option and leave it at that.
    Last edited by ACamp1900; 04-18-2017, 12:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• irishog77
    replied
    I don't give Nashville that much credit. They outplayed Chicago in games 1 and 2, but I'm thoroughly convinced that the Avalanche would've outplayed Chicago in those games the way I saw them play. They were just plain atrocious.

In game 3, no. Chicago legit took it to Nashville and then the officials decided to sit on their whistles in period 3, resulting in over a half-dozen holds, high sticks that were completely missed, not to mention that utterly ridiculous dirty play by Subban. Topped off by the most utterly ridiculous no-call on the 2nd goal when it was blatant goalie interference.

That game was gift-wrapped by beyond porous officiating.
    No

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Balki
    replied
    Crazy night of hockey continues w Ducks/Flames.... from a neutral standpoint I give Nashville much more credit than some, they're flat out-playing Chicago.
    I don't give Nashville that much credit. They outplayed Chicago in games 1 and 2, but I'm thoroughly convinced that the Avalanche would've outplayed Chicago in those games the way I saw them play. They were just plain atrocious.

In game 3, no. Chicago legit took it to Nashville and then the officials decided to sit on their whistles in period 3, resulting in over a half-dozen holds, high sticks that were completely missed, not to mention that utterly ridiculous dirty play by Subban. Topped off by the most utterly ridiculous no-call on the 2nd goal when it was blatant goalie interference.

That game was gift-wrapped by beyond porous officiating.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Crazy night of hockey continues w Ducks/Flames.... from a neutral standpoint I give Nashville much more credit than some, they're flat out-playing Chicago.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Balki
    replied
    Well, you know what they say. Nothing like good ol' fashion Southern Home Cookin'.

Easily the worst officiated period I have witnessed. The Hawks played like crap in the first 2 games and deserved to lose. They deserved this one and are being cheated out of it by criminal officiating.

Also, PK Subban is a sack of sh*t, but obviously he's Nashville, can't call a penalty on him.

EDIT: As I stated before, this was a complete cheat fest. I couldn't complain about the first two games, because Chicago just played like crap. They were robbed tonight. Any hope of making the comeback, stolen from under them by officials that should be unemployed by tomorrow.
    Last edited by Crazy Balki; 04-18-2017, 12:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Even as a Pens fan I'm not sure how I feel about that Werenski play, obviously the incident was an accident but I'm not going to sit here and act like if the shoe had been on the other foot that I'd be okay with that goal... play should have been blown dead.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Balki
    replied
    Originally posted by Irishman77 View Post
    The only thing as sweet as a Blues win is a Hawks loss. What a glorious start to the playoffs! LGB!!!!!
    Got it backwards buddy.

Leave a comment:

• IrishSteelhead
    replied
    Originally posted by Irishman77 View Post
    LGB!!!!!

You forgot the "T" at the end. Try to be more inclusive next time.

Leave a comment:

• Irishman77
    replied
    The only thing as sweet as a Blues win is a Hawks loss. What a glorious start to the playoffs! LGB!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• IrishSteelhead
    replied
    NHL Thread

Preds be like: 'Y'all challenged yet?'

Lol. GB is an asshat for that one.

Leave a comment:

• Irishnuke
    replied
    My God the Hawks have been playing like crap. Not that I'm liking the results but this is what makes playoff hockey much more exciting than the NBA playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Who was beat worse at United? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Preds?src=hash">#Preds</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Blackhawks?src=hash">#Blackhawks</a> <a href="https://t.co/uyvF3eOhBR">pic.twitter.com/uyvF3eOhBR</a></p>&mdash; Frank The Turtle (@LavysTurtle) <a href="https://twitter.com/LavysTurtle/status/853445007293820929">April 16, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nope not yet. <a href="https://t.co/8HHXe7NTZ9">pic.twitter.com/8HHXe7NTZ9</a></p>&mdash; ⓂarcusD²·º (@_MarcusD2_) <a href="https://twitter.com/_MarcusD2_/status/853439525707808768">April 16, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Last edited by BobbyMac; 04-16-2017, 12:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    Wake me up when the Caps and Hawks are in the finals

Anyone else even going to challenge Chicago in the West? I think the Oilers or Ducks will be their biggest test
    lol

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Balki
    replied
    Idk if they can hold it but Nashville is a pretty good team, they aren't scrubs...
    The point I'm making is Nash isn't scrubs, but Chicago is playing like scrubs. Nashville isn't as good as Chicago is making them look.

Melrose stated that Rinne has been the best goalie in the playoffs so far, but honestly, it's more because Chicago has done an absolutely terrible job mounting any sort of offensive. The Hawks have had bad playoff series before, but this so far is easily their worst effort.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Idk if they can hold it but Nashville is a pretty good team, they aren't scrubs...

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Balki
    replied
    Nashville isn't a good team, but I have never seen a team play as abysmal playoff hockey than the Hawks have in those 2 games. If I went to those 2 games, I'd be asking for a refund. You are arguably the most talented team in hockey with that much experience. PLAY LIKE IT!

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied

Preds be like: 'Y'all challenged yet?'

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
    They will be tested each round they make. It's the playoffs. ANYTHING can happen.

Leave a comment:

• IrishSteelhead
    replied

They will be tested each round they make. It's the playoffs. ANYTHING can happen.

Leave a comment:

• GBdomer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
    Caps aren't winning shit.
    Wasn't it you who was all "Rangers don't lose to Pittsburgh, we own them... easy round one" or some mess last year??

Thanks, now the Caps are all but lifting the Cup.

Leave a comment:

• gkIrish
    replied
    Here we go... If the Caps are getting over the hump this has to be the year right???
    Caps aren't winning shit.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Here we go... If the Caps are getting over the hump this has to be the year right???

Leave a comment:

• TheSunIsRising
    replied
    Playoff Matchups are set:

East:

Frenchies v. Ranjuhs

Sens v. Foliage

Guins v. BJ's

cRaps v. Beanies

West:

Hawks v. Ders

Mild v. Lose

Quacks v. Burnouts

Chompees v. Rigs

Boston can still finish ahead of the Leafs if Toronto do not get at least a point tomorrow against the C-bus (as they are tied now, and Boston has a better ROW number)

Edmonton can still catch Anaheim, in theory

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Balki
    replied
    Playoff Matchups are set:

East:

Frenchies v. Ranjuhs

Sens v. Foliage

Guins v. BJ's

cRaps v. Beanies

West:

Hawks v. Ders

Mild v. Lose

Quacks v. Burnouts

Chompees v. Rigs

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    So just Flyers players then?

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    Such BS, lost a lot of respect for the NHL today

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NHL won&#39;t participate in South Korea Olympic Games <a href="https://t.co/dZSMg27Yj9">https://t.co/dZSMg27Yj9</a> <a href="https://t.co/Yfykobhsf3">pic.twitter.com/Yfykobhsf3</a></p>&mdash; The Voice Gh (@TheVoicegh) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheVoicegh/status/849049208623464448">April 4, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Originally posted by KPENN View Post
    Shocker, the team that hired Bruce Boudreau got better, the team that fired him got worse.
    Idk if it's fair to say the Ducks got worse... they're still right there... tho Corey Perry has had his obvious struggles...

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X