No announcement yet.

NHL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That first one had me in tears for a minute there....
    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• As funny as it is today I think it could work, it is for the kids but they cane up with something so awkward that his twitter can be GOLD if done right ( see above) and any fan with a sense of humor could just laugh at it.
      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• One day in, I am all in on gritty. I would take a bullet for it

Comment

• Originally posted by KPENN View Post
          One day in, I am all in on gritty. I would take a bullet for it
          You clowns sure stick together.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post

Comment

• True story, I didn't share yesterday honestly because of KPENN, I'm honestly trying here bud.... but since you have taken to Gritty I assume it's all good:

I showed my wife the video of him skating in on his reveal video and was ready to start laughing with her... she just stared... I kind of chuckled and she gave me this sideways odd look like, "What, this isn't funny."
              So I say, "this is pretty funny, no?"
              Wife: "No, some idiot dressing up in the most stupid costume ever to make the flyers look bad isn't that funny, it's, dumb and kind of petty..."
              I pause: "Babe, this isn't someone trying to make them look dumb, this is the ACTUAL Flyers new mascot."
              Wife:..... "No way."
              Me: "WAY!"
              Wife busts out laughing.
              Last edited by ACamp1900; 09-25-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Now if we can only find a way to get the Whalers back all will be good with NHL unis...
                Itís happening... sort of. Canes announced theyíll wear Whakers unis a couple times this year...

Comment

GRITTY 2020

Comment

• All the feels... If Hartford ever gets their team back they'll be America's team overnight:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It&#39;s back. ��<br><br>12.23.18 Ľ <a href="https://t.co/aFma1rQhaE">https://t.co/aFma1rQhaE</a> <a href="https://t.co/MZ9t6YEFof">pic.twitter.com/MZ9t6YEFof</a></p>&mdash; Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) <a href="https://twitter.com/NHLCanes/status/1045372518960427008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 27, 2018</a></blockquote>
                    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• You all see Gritty destroying people on the ice last night?? lol good stuff.

Comment

You all see Gritty destroying people on the ice last night?? lol good stuff.
                        Better than Andrew Macdonald.

Comment

• Originally posted by KPENN View Post
                          Better than Andrew Macdonald.
                          In fairness that doesn't say much........

Comment

• Gameday has been on less than 5 minutes, and Gritty has already been spotted:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Gonna be a fun season:

Comment

• This theme still gives me all the feels every time I hear it... anyway, HOCKEY IS BACK!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1KaVBUlBEvc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

This theme still gives me all the feels every time I hear it... anyway, HOCKEY IS BACK!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1KaVBUlBEvc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                  yessss awesome stuff, good find. Thanks for sharing.

My Red Wings will be in for another rough year I predict, but I'm hoping they keep the roster young and let some of these kids play and get better.

Then, after Steve Y leaves the Bolts after this season, he returns to the Motor City, aka (more like f/k/a), HOCKEYTOWN, to restore this great franchise and return us to the glory of Ol' Stanley.
                                  My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                    yessss awesome stuff, good find. Thanks for sharing.

My Red Wings will be in for another rough year I predict, but I'm hoping they keep the roster young and let some of these kids play and get better.

Then, after Steve Y leaves the Bolts after this season, he returns to the Motor City, aka (more like f/k/a), HOCKEYTOWN, to restore this great franchise and return us to the glory of Ol' Stanley.
                                    Hot take, I don't Yzerman is the genius people make him out to be.

Comment

• Yo! The flyers!

Comment

• Exciting games so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• One of the most memorable moments in NHL history for me. Everyone else in my family are Ducks fans so,...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C57NpdhJkUU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This has been relived a bunch here lately as he just had his number retired by the Ducks. Crazy to think he claims he doesn't remember anything after the hit for like three or four days... just a complete memory loss of the goal, the win, game 7 and a day or two afterwards... yikes.

Comment

• When are us Vegas locals going to stop being oppressed and get a VGK icon in the vPlaza?
                                            "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

• Originally posted by ickythump1225 View Post
                                              When are us Vegas locals going to stop being oppressed and get a VGK icon in the vPlaza?
                                              You got the expansion draft to give you terms that were unprecedented. Icon? Go fuck yourself.

Comment

When are us Vegas locals going to stop being oppressed and get a VGK icon in the vPlaza?
                                                Thank you, I have been asking since last year. Amateur Hour on this site

Comment

• Icons were a package purchase from like ten years ago,... I honestly don’t think they can be updated.

Comment

Icons were a package purchase from like ten years ago,... I honestly donít think they can be updated.
                                                    site should be redone then

Comment

• This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Wow. Q out in Chicago.

Color me shocked re: the timing. But this was beginning to reek of 2017-18 all over again. A promising start done in by Q's stagnant changes that proved to generally ineffective.
                                                        It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post
                                                          Wow. Q out in Chicago.

Color me shocked re: the timing. But this was beginning to reek of 2017-18 all over again. A promising start done in by Q's stagnant changes that proved to generally ineffective.
                                                          Wonder how Chicago is receiving this news.
                                                          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Just traded Hagelin to LA for Tanner Pearson...

Comment

• Concept for the new Seattle team:

Comment

• Since moving to Vegas I've taken an interest in the Golden Knights. Tickets are ridiculously expensive though so I haven't yet been to a game.
                                                                "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

Since moving to Vegas I've taken an interest in the Golden Knights. Tickets are ridiculously expensive though so I haven't yet been to a game.
                                                                  Have you taken to the secondary aps like Gametime?? I swear by it. I was never comfortable paying the prices for lower tier, behind the dugout, seats at Angel Stadium... I get them on Gametime all the time now for a fraction of what they usually go for. You just wait until the day of the game.... been to a couple Ducks games for cheap also. I see concert tickets and such too on there. Hopefully that helps.

Comment

Have you taken to the secondary aps like Gametime?? I swear by it. I was never comfortable paying the prices for lower tier, behind the dugout, seats at Angel Stadium... I get them on Gametime all the time now for a fraction of what they usually go for. You just wait until the day of the game.... been to a couple Ducks games for cheap also. I see concert tickets and such too on there. Hopefully that helps.
                                                                    Never heard of it, I'll check it out.

Comment

• Checked it, they're still spendy (91 bucks for the cheapest seats). The difference I guess is that Las Vegas is not a real city with deeply rooted fans or residents. VGK games are viewed as one entertainment option competing against many other entertainment options, it's an event, not a community gathering. The team is competing against the Strip and all of those events so the competition drives the ticket prices high because they are still a novelty to the city.

Comment

Checked it, they're still spendy (91 bucks for the cheapest seats). The difference I guess is that Las Vegas is not a real city with deeply rooted fans or residents. VGK games are viewed as one entertainment option competing against many other entertainment options, it's an event, not a community gathering. The team is competing against the Strip and all of those events so the competition drives the ticket prices high because they are still a novelty to the city.
                                                                        Did you check for a game that is happening TODAY?? The prices are pretty standard in advance... but drop as the game nears... every once in a while I can get discount tickets a week or more in advance but that's rare. It's usually a day of game thing, it works well in my experience, but it could be different for Vegas, who knows... If anything I would assume it'd work better... like one of those day of discount show tickets booths on the strip, it's like part of Vegas' culture to give away shit at the last second.

Comment

• Weird question but does anyone maybe wanna take over a fantasy hockey team?

Comment

• Knights experiencing a bit of dip from last year but still on track to make the playoffs.

By the way, can we get a Golden Knights icon on the store?

Comment

Knights experiencing a bit of dip from last year but still on track to make the playoffs.

By the way, can we get a Golden Knights icon on the store?
                                                                              It doesn't exist in a 10 year old version of vBulletin.

It wouldn't be just creating an art asset and dropping it in a folder. The vBulletin code that runs the site would have to hacked to support it. A trivial thing for a developer, sure, but quite an ask of those that are not.

Comment

• KPENN, I’m genuinely curious if you can explain wtfisgoing on in this picture?!?!

Comment

• Crazy cool! I was too lazy to look this thread up...
                                                                                  My Penguins are easing my pain tonight...
                                                                                  I was smarter when I drank...
                                                                                  I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Comment

• Pens somehow up 4-0 currently on Tampa,... just scored a 1992 Mario Cup jersey I’ve wanted for years,... life is good. Pens need to start winning some more games tho,

Comment

• So watching the Rangers/Bruins game on NBCSN,... game just started and MSG is half empty... somehow I don’t think it’ll be used against ‘fake ass east coast fans who need get to the game on time or else’....

Just sayin.

Comment

• Alright guys if anybody here follows fantasy hockey or just a die hard hockey fan in general your boy needs some help. So DM me or hit me up on here and we can get a convo started. Trying to find my 7th keeper spot and I need my brothers right now to help me out.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                                          Alright guys if anybody here follows fantasy hockey or just a die hard hockey fan in general your boy needs some help. So DM me or hit me up on here and we can get a convo started. Trying to find my 7th keeper spot and I need my brothers right now to help me out.
                                                                                          Who are your options? Whatís the scoring?

Comment

• THE supposed greatest nhl team in history is about to get swept out of the playoffs
                                                                                            Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Sheesh, that sucks,.... if the pens aren’t good I have nothing,.... please live up to expectation Browns...

Comment

• Let's go Preds!

Comment

• How about dem Blues!!! Can’t believe we didn’t have a single post during the playoffs btw,... wow. Either way thanks StL,... the free world thanks you.

Comment

How about dem Blues!!! Can’t believe we didn’t have a single post during the playoffs btw,... wow. Either way thanks StL,... the free world thanks you.
                                                                                                    People are going crazy right now. Fireworks set off all over, the firestation pulled their trucks out and were blaring the horns. Down town is lit per my friend.

Comment

• Well the lesser of two evils won.. Congrats Blues! Go Knights Go!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X