No announcement yet.

2020 Coaching carousel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feldman reporting some people at LSU really like Mel Tucker. What a move that would be for Tucker, Colorado - MSU - LSU coaching how many? 32 games in 3 years?

Comment

• Kirk and Pollack going in on LSU players. No buy, not tough, look at me, don’t play hard

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
        Kirk and Pollack going in on LSU players. No buy, not tough, look at me, don’t play hard
        That’s pretty damning considering what Orgeron is supposed to bring to the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post

That’s pretty damning considering what Orgeron is supposed to bring to the table.
          I’d fire him just because of his voice. It’s just so hard for me to listen to him talk without being irritated.
          I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• Of course they come out with some fight when it seems like all but dead haha

Comment

• VT job has to opening up very soon and when does Miami can Diaz?

Comment

• Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post

I’d fire him just because of his voice. It’s just so hard for me to listen to him talk without being irritated.
                Murgaflumbal norbuh gholdorfan flibberatuh shnasturlup. Geauxtiguhs!
                Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

Murgaflumbal norbuh gholdorfan flibberatuh shnasturlup. Geauxtiguhs!

Comment

• Originally posted by tko View Post
                    VT job has to opening up very soon and when does Miami can Diaz?
                    Agree. ACC ranks are ripe for the pickin'......VT, UM, Duke, FSU

Comment

• Wow Ed O fired but finishing the season.

Comment

• The SEC is built different, man.

Comment

• I wonder who LSU is gonna go after.

Edit: I did see the report about Tucker though. He's having a good year.

Comment

Wow Ed O fired but finishing the season.
                            If Urban ever coaches in college again, this might be his best shot.

Comment

• This news has to hurt usc

Comment

This the dumbest thing in the world. And they want they have to pay him 17 million dollars.
                                Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• For a state that never seems to be financially sound, there sure seems to be plenty of $$ for a coach at LSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                    This news has to hurt usc
                                    Maybe, but realistically I'd rather coach USC than LSU. You get your pick of talent on the west coast basically and the talent you play against is mediocre. When a competent coach shows up there again they should be rolling and making the playoff regularly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

Maybe, but realistically I'd rather coach USC than LSU. You get your pick of talent on the west coast basically and the talent you play against is mediocre. When a competent coach shows up there again they should be rolling and making the playoff regularly.
                                      Kids going to play football now were born last time usc was at their prime, they are no longer the kings of CA

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post

Kids going to play football now were born last time usc was at their prime, they are no longer the kings of CA
                                        Really? Maybe not in the rankings, but other than the 2020 class they've had recent recruiting classes ranked 7th, 20th, and 4th over the last few years. They're still getting talent, they just lack coaching.

Comment

O is one of those guys who should never have been promoted above position coach. Heck of a recruiter and motivator, but he's just not equipped with the tools to sit in the big office. He can get a team fired up and motivated, and they can win on emotion. He just can't keep it going and win consistently over the course of several years He's good for a game or even a season. He's not a program builder. Once all the raw emotions and the rah rah wears off, it's all downhill from there. He's the perfect guy to be your interim coach that finishes a season and you keep him for the following season. That's all. His expiration date rolls around immediately after that, though.
                                          Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• LSU is the better job if you want to win a national championship. USC is the better job for sustained success.

Comment

• It’s an interesting pool of coaches you don’t have the rising coach like Fleck or Campbell or Fickell last year, at least now yet.

Looking at the Top 25. You’ve got Fickell but that was expected. I guess Mel Tucker is a “riser”. But you got a lot of the guys having good years that everyone has kind of known they are good coaches and don’t seem to either want to leave or get the interest. Gundy, Clawson, Doeren, Stoops, Ferentz.

Looking at the G5, Brady Hoke is leading a undefeated SDSU?!? Coastal no surprise. Dykes doing his thing at SMU.
                                              Last edited by Dale; 10-17-2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Very interesting offseason with USC and LSU both open jobs.
                                                The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• I bet Coach O is on Saban's radar at the very least an analyst.

Comment

• With all the shit raining on LSU right now, anyone at LSU who thinks hiring Urban Meyer is a good life choice is simply a moron that cannot be redeemed. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

You'd have to assume they don't want Kiffin's baggage either. I think you have to give Tucker, Aranda and Billy Napier good long looks. This is going to come down to who builds the best staff and who can actually relate to a roster of mostly black players. A lot of what is being reported suggests Coach O had a staff of mostly older white guys and the players reached out to him to have discussion/interaction regarding racial inequality and he couldn't even pretend to care. That's digging your own grave.

Orgeron, it seems, won a national championship and then basically decided not to give a damn about his wife, players, or the job itself. If the reports are true from the last 16 hours or so, it sounds like his ego went completely off the rails in addition to doing some really stupid things that lost his locker room fast.

He rode Aranda, Brady and Burrow to a National Championship and then tore it all down. Sounds like this guy has demons he needs to get back into the box again.
                                                    Last edited by Rogue219; 10-18-2021, 09:17 AM.
                                                    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                                      With all the shit raining on LSU right now, anyone at LSU who thinks hiring Urban Meyer is a good life choice is simply a moron that cannot be redeemed. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

You'd have to assume they don't want Kiffin's baggage either. I think you have to give Tucker, Aranda and Billy Napier good long looks. This is going to come down to who builds the best staff and who can actually relate to a roster of mostly black players. A lot of what is being reported suggests Coach O had a staff of mostly older white guys and the players reached out to him to have discussion/interaction regarding racial inequality and he couldn't even pretend to care. That's digging your own grave.

Orgeron, it seems, won a national championship and then basically decided not to give a damn about his wife, players, or the job itself. If the reports are true from the last 16 hours or so, it sounds like his ego went completely off the rails in addition to doing some really stupid things that lost his locker room fast.

He rode Aranda, Brady and Burrow to a National Championship and then tore it all down. Sounds like this guy has demons he needs to get back into the box again.
                                                      There are 10 assistant coaches in their online roster breakdown - four appear to be white and 6 are black, including the D coordinator and assistant head coach. They all appear relatively young, except the special teams coordinator. He could be older or maybe this team has aged him.

https://lsusports.net/sports/fb/roster/

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post

There are 10 assistant coaches in their online roster breakdown - four appear to be white and 6 are black, including the D coordinator and assistant head coach. They all appear relatively young, except the special teams coordinator. He could be older or maybe this team has aged him.

He did name new coordinators this season. This was likely a suggestion from the AD. Both look like they could have a bright future in the game but to expect immediate success from 1st time coordinators was a tall order.

I suspect the three likely candidates are Stoops, Aranda & Napier. They’ll make Jimbo say ‘no’ to them. I’m torn about Franklin. Is SC or LSU more attractive to him? Or does he simply use his being in demand as leverage for a contract extension? I think it’ll be the latter.

Stoops should stay in Lexington where he can sign all the Ohio kids that tOSU doesn’t want and an 8-win season isn’t a fireable offense. On the other hand, LSU recruits itself & if idiots like Lesticles & Crazy Ed can win a natty there, Stoops should be able to as well. Comes down to what kind of pressure cooker he wants to live in and how bad he wants a natty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post

I will guess the article I read was referring to the 2020 staff, which was way different from this year's.

I think some of this stems back to last year's OC and DC when he had those jobs open after winning the Natty. Orgeron called Pete Carroll about who to replace Aranda with and Poodle was all over Bo Pelini, who had not coached in the Power 5 for a while and wasn't setting the world on fire at Youngstown State. Orgeron admitted to not fully interviewing Pelini and it was a disaster.

The offensive staff was comprised of Steve Ensminger, James Cregg and Scott Linehan, all of whom are now gone. Defensively he had Pelini and DL coach Bill Johnson, who is now retired at age 66.

There was significant turnover from 2020 to 2021 and it appears Orgeron hired younger and or black staff but evidently that locker room is already gone.
                                                          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

With all the shit raining on LSU right now, anyone at LSU who thinks hiring Urban Meyer is a good life choice is simply a moron that cannot be redeemed. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Urban would get himself in so much trouble down in Baton Rouge lmao

Comment

I will guess the article I read was referring to the 2020 staff, which was way different from this year's.

I think some of this stems back to last year's OC and DC when he had those jobs open after winning the Natty. Orgeron called Pete Carroll about who to replace Aranda with and Poodle was all over Bo Pelini, who had not coached in the Power 5 for a while and wasn't setting the world on fire at Youngstown State. Orgeron admitted to not fully interviewing Pelini and it was a disaster.

The offensive staff was comprised of Steve Ensminger, James Cregg and Scott Linehan, all of whom are now gone. Defensively he had Pelini and DL coach Bill Johnson, who is now retired at age 66.

There was significant turnover from 2020 to 2021 and it appears Orgeron hired younger and or black staff but evidently that locker room is already gone.
                                                              I don't think Pelini was a risky hire though. Dude was known to know defense and has done it well in the past. The rest of the hires were more questionable. I wouldn't need to interview Bo either.

I'm just remembering how the LSU and Texas job both came open and were hot. Both coaches fired now. Yikes
                                                              Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

Being an open Trump supporter coaching a team of predominately black players was never gonna go down well
                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• What did Davonte do?

Comment

• lol. Gruden.

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                      Jimbo Fisher going back to a relevant program would be interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by drayer54 View Post

I don't think Pelini was a risky hire though. Dude was known to know defense and has done it well in the past. The rest of the hires were more questionable. I wouldn't need to interview Bo either.

I'm just remembering how the LSU and Texas job both came open and were hot. Both coaches fired now. Yikes
                                                                        He was 33-28 at YSU. Nothing special about that.

His last P5 job was Nebraska in 2014. How did he last so long at YSU and nobody else picked him up?

I think they went all in for Freeman, didn't get him and Coach O went to Poodle and got bad advice. Poodle has been long gone from college football.

Comment

• Originally posted by DONTH8 View Post
                                                                          lol. Gruden.
                                                                          I think Luke Fickell is the new Gruden in terms of when a job opens up, his name gets mentioned.

Comment

Even a blind squirrel gets lucky every now and then.

Comment

Being an open Trump supporter coaching a team of predominately black players was never gonna go down well
                                                                              That short changes the players as being close minded. You can have different political and social views and still respect each other. There’s a difference between differing opinion and not hearing players out, see where Gundy and the Pokes are in the rankings today. You can sleep around and not have it overflow to bringing your girlfriend to practice or hitting on a brass members wife outside a gas station. Ed O’s problem was not just his social and political beliefs, it was how he handled them or in many cases, didn’t handle them.

Comment

That short changes the players as being close minded. You can have different political and social views and still respect each other. There’s a difference between differing opinion and not hearing players out, see where Gundy and the Pokes are in the rankings today. You can sleep around and not have it overflow to bringing your girlfriend to practice or hitting on a brass members wife outside a gas station. Ed O’s problem was not just his social and political beliefs, it was how he handled them or in many cases, didn’t handle them.
                                                                                Was she hot tho?

They're going to be well prepared for real life where, as we all know, people tend to have nearly identicial opinions and values as their bosses and managers.
                                                                                Last edited by Wild Bill ; 10-18-2021, 01:54 PM.

Comment

This is correct. There was a lot going on behind the scenes as it turns out. That National Championship team was incredibly talented on the field and on the coaching staff. He lazily replaced two very good coordinators, lost a lot of talent to the NFL and lost any sense of humility that he may have had.

They asked him to march with them and he basically blew it off, sent some assistant coaches and it was only one example of his aloofness in the last two years.

Dude went off the rails and now he's done.

Comment

Bad gumbo?

This is correct. There was a lot going on behind the scenes as it turns out. That National Championship team was incredibly talented on the field and on the coaching staff. He lazily replaced two very good coordinators, lost a lot of talent to the NFL and lost any sense of humility that he may have had.

They asked him to march with them and he basically blew it off, sent some assistant coaches and it was only one example of his aloofness in the last two years.

Comment

Can you imagine the sheer vitriol Kiffin would get if he jilted not one, but two different SEC teams for another job in that conference? We'd be seeing #Bottlegate trending not just once but twice a year!

Comment

• Kiffin would be fun. He would troll Saban like no other. Somehow his personality fits the job

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

Can you imagine the sheer vitriol Kiffin would get if he jilted not one, but two different SEC teams for another job in that conference? We'd be seeing #Bottlegate trending not just once but twice a year!
                                                                                          SEC would be collecting some serious fine money.

Comment

• Washington State HC Nick Rolovich is out. Kyrie Irving type stuff here. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58955577

Not entirely sure where this program goes from here. This is not an easy place to win and you have to question how desirable this job is considering Wazzu plucked a coach who was around 500 at Hawaii to replace Mike Leach.

Highly doubt there is much reverberation here as it relates to recruiting, etc. Still, another opening on the carousel.

Comment

Washington State HC Nick Rolovich is out. Kyrie Irving type stuff here. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58955577

Not entirely sure where this program goes from here. This is not an easy place to win and you have to question how desirable this job is considering Wazzu plucked a coach who was around 500 at Hawaii to replace Mike Leach.

Highly doubt there is much reverberation here as it relates to recruiting, etc. Still, another opening on the carousel.
                                                                                              Helton to Wazzu but unironically

Comment

If I was 60 years old and divorced with that buyout, I'd laugh my way into retirement and make some memories.
                                                                                                The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• Temperate of the LSU fans (247 poll with hundreds of responses) is, in terms of want:

1. Riley
                                                                                                  2. Napier
                                                                                                  3. Franklin

Everyone else.

There’s a hell of a lot of Tucker discussion threads though

Comment

Temperate of the LSU fans (247 poll with hundreds of responses) is, in terms of want:

1. Riley
                                                                                                    2. Napier
                                                                                                    3. Franklin

Everyone else.

There’s a hell of a lot of Tucker discussion threads though
                                                                                                    Monkey paw curls and they end up with Mike RIley.

"Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post

If I was 60 years old and divorced with that buyout, I'd laugh my way into retirement and make some memories.
                                                                                                      LOL. You and me both.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X