2020 Coaching carousel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
    He might be a wacko and hate on ND, but I got to be honest, I respect what Fitzgerald has done at NW, and the fact that he has always stay committed to that school.

Now maybe that in itself is wacky, that he hasn't left NW. But he has found success in a tough place to find success. Kudos to him and that school.
    He doesn't need to go anywhere else. He could wind up the next, and likely last ever, Paterno or Bowden who stays at a school for decades. Only a hell of a lot cleaner than those two clowns ever were. Fitzgerald and Shaw are probably the bar that Clark Lea wants to set for himself at Vanderbilt, and those are high bars.

I love that he was listening to the Packers and his sons told him, "are you crazy? We're Bears fans!"

Great stuff.
    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">SOURCE: Former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Tennessee?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Tenne ssee</a> head coach Jeremy Pruitt is working on a deal to join the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jets?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Jets</a> coaching staff.</p>&mdash; Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1354531870130597888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
      What did Davonte do?

Comment

He might be a wacko and hate on ND, but I got to be honest, I respect what Fitzgerald has done at NW, and the fact that he has always stay committed to that school.

Now maybe that in itself is wacky, that he hasn't left NW. But he has found success in a tough place to find success. Kudos to him and that school.
        my sentiments exactly. loyal and successful, and at NW....
        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
          We will see. I want to see UT good again. I always loved the UF / UT battles in the 90's. I just think this was their chance to prove they didn't settle (like Pruitt, like Dooley).
          I'm in the same boat as you above, and I also really want to see someone smack around UGA. Honestly though, UT has still upset UGA here and there even when down. At minimum, I think we'll see improved O from UT. They've been pretty up and down ugly for a good while on that side of the ball.

It'll be interesting to see UT vs Vandy now with Lea there. MH's O vs CL's D.

Here are the FEI offensive rankings for Heupel lead offenses over the years. He seemingly has had a good offense, but got worse at UCF (QB issues noted), OU took off once he left (no shame in being less than LR) and Mizzou performed better in immediate year post Heupel, though Lock was a senior at that point. So, lots to consider, but I think it's fair to be equal parts optimistic and skeptical. Hence the meh rating from me.

2020 - 13th (notable mentions include coastal Car at 9, Buffalo at 6, ND at 17).
          2019 - 9th
          2018 - 4th (Mizzou was 11th first year post JH, the OC was none other than Derek Dooley)
          2017 - 22 at mizzou (UCF was 7th)
          2016 - 60
          2015 - 53 at Utah State (OU was 9th first season post JH)
          2014 - 19 at Oklahoma
          2013 - 32
          2012 - 8
          2011 - 25
          2010 - 16th
          I think he's done more than fine on O everywhere. Lot of context missing. For example, at Missouri, Lock set the SEC TD record in 2017, then regressed a bit in terms of numbers and passer rating with he left. And at OK, keep in mind he was co-OC with Norvell for those years IIRC.

Comment

• It will be good not just for the SEC but FB in general for the Vols to get the program turned around. With potential sanctions coming, initially it could be tough to get the recruits he needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
              It will be good not just for the SEC but FB in general for the Vols to get the program turned around. With potential sanctions coming, initially it could be tough to get the recruits he needs.
              I have to admit I am enjoying watching them, Texas, USC and Michigan all suffer at the same. I'm sure relatively speaking it is "good for college football" for all of them to be good, but all of them being bad makes my living room a happier place on Saturdays during the fall.
              It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                I'm in the same boat as you above, and I also really want to see someone smack around UGA. Honestly though, UT has still upset UGA here and there even when down. At minimum, I think we'll see improved O from UT. They've been pretty up and down ugly for a good while on that side of the ball.

It'll be interesting to see UT vs Vandy now with Lea there. MH's O vs CL's D.

I think he's done more than fine on O everywhere. Lot of context missing. For example, at Missouri, Lock set the SEC TD record in 2017, then regressed a bit in terms of numbers and passer rating with he left. And at OK, keep in mind he was co-OC with Norvell for those years IIRC.
                For OK, he was the play caller despite the "co" title.

On the Mizzou, 2017 vs 2018 was a huge jump in SoS (~50 spots). 2017 was that off year for the east where UGA was making a run for the title but no other team in the East ended up ranked. Florida and UT ended up with losing records that year and I don't think UT won an SEC game that year. Then in 2018, Missouri drew Bama and UF / Kentucky / UGA all ended up in the top 12. So with that jump, that is why the offense ranked so much better in FEI despite the drop off in Lock's TD's and eff.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One of the Vols&#39; top 2021 signees <a href="https://t.co/Nm3ffdIySD">https://t.co/Nm3ffdIySD</a></p>&mdash; David Ubben (@davidubben) <a href="https://twitter.com/davidubben/status/1355227325902761990?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 29, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lol
                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Interesting topic brought up, how many cooks did Texas end up with in the kitchen, some titles:

Drayton - RBs Coach AND Associate Head Coach/Run Game Coordinator
                    Banks - TE Coach AND ST Coordinator/Assistant HC
                    Choate - ILBs Coach AND Co-Defensive Coordinator
                    Joseph - Secondaries Coach AND Defensive Passing Game Coordinator

I didn’t even list the actual OC and DC to add to it

Wonder if these coaches are actually expecting additional responsibility or just are going to enjoy the raises because not all these guys can’t be doing more than a standard positional coach title.
                    Last edited by Dale; 01-29-2021, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• I have no idea what an associate head coach is and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
                      Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• This profession is about as good ol' boy as they come. These titles are for a little extra money and big words on a resume. It don't mean shit. The quality control guys and the GAs will bust their asses behind the scenes.

Tony Alford has been an associate head coach since the day he arrived at Ohio State but he likely won't ever get a head coaching job anywhere because they reserve those jobs for stuttering goofballs like the guy the Philadelphia Eagles hired. His title means nothing. He's coaching running backs. The end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                          This profession is about as good ol' boy as they come. These titles are for a little extra money and big words on a resume. It don't mean shit. The quality control guys and the GAs will bust their asses behind the scenes.

Tony Alford has been an associate head coach since the day he arrived at Ohio State but he likely won't ever get a head coaching job anywhere because they reserve those jobs for stuttering goofballs like the guy the Philadelphia Eagles hired. His title means nothing. He's coaching running backs. The end.
                          IIRC, it also can impact the ability to interview. A lot of guys/schools have clauses about not interviewing for lateral jobs (they can be blocked). Adding some extra words in the description can be a way around those clauses. In the NFL teams can actually block even promos unless it's for HC or GM.

Comment

• I’d agree most are just titles but interesting consideration, with raises come egos, assuming it’s not more than raises assumes all the coaches are fine with not being “the man” or more than they were at their last job. For example this ILBs coach Choate? We thinking he’s fine coaching what 5 kids? He wouldn’t like a little bit more taste of the D? Just could see heads butting with some of these crossing titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                              I have no idea what an associate head coach is and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
                              these titles are applied when a coach is being given a higher salary that what is usually allocated for their role
                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">UW news: Bob Gregory new DC <a href="https://t.co/HTl9StHhxY">pic.twitter.com/HTl9StHhxY</a></p>&mdash; Dave “Softy” Mahler (@Softykjr) <a href="https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/1356313141261426688?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">UW news: Bob Gregory new DC <a href="https://t.co/HTl9StHhxY">pic.twitter.com/HTl9StHhxY</a></p>&mdash; Dave “Softy” Mahler (@Softykjr) <a href="https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/1356313141261426688?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                  Jimmy 'Peter Principle' Lake's coaching staff hires to date have STUNK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calabrese's People View Post
                                    Jimmy 'Peter Principle' Lake's coaching staff hires to date have STUNK.
                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Will Muschamp will join the Georgia staff as a defensive analyst.

Comment

• FAU hiring Ed Warriner as Run Game Coordinator and OT/TEs Coach. A nice check and ditch Big Ten weather for Boca Raton? Thank you very much says Warriner

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                          FAU hiring Ed Warriner as Run Game Coordinator and OT/TEs Coach. A nice check and ditch Big Ten weather for Boca Raton? Thank you very much says Warriner
                                          His contract was up at Michigan and he wasn't retained. I don't know if we had hoped to stay, but his departure may not have been a surprise considering the house cleaning that went on up there.

He's 59 years old. Why not go to Florida?

Comment

Will Muschamp will join the Georgia staff as a defensive analyst.
                                            gotta think his buyout clause is keeping him from taking a bigger job.
                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...iim-story.html

UCF offers head football coaching job to Gus Malzahn

What did Davonte do?

Comment

• I think that'd be a great hire for them.
                                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

I think that'd be a great hire for them.
                                                  i agree. He can get mid tier talent. And he would probably be an above average coach for that division.
                                                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Sounds like Malzhan to UCF is done
                                                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• They upgraded

Comment

• Testing a relevant embed:

Comment

• Mike Locksley promoted Ron Zook from senior analyst to special teams coordinator/associate head coach

Cincinnati analyst Jon Tenuta has joined Virginia Tech as a senior defensive analyst.

Comment

• Travis Williams expected to head up Malzahn's defense at UCF.
                                                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Malzahn to UCF is a great hire for them. I think he's a solid coach and UCF will keep bangin on the door with him.
                                                              Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

• Les Miles and Kansas have agreed to part ways.

Congratulations to LSU on being yet another shit house school that went out of their way to protect the wrong people.

Comment

Les Miles and Kansas have agreed to part ways.

Congratulations to LSU on being yet another shit house school that went out of their way to protect the wrong people.
                                                                  I honestly thought Miles was supposed to be a good family man, so this was a bit surprising. The cover up itself isn't surprising though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

I honestly thought Miles was supposed to be a good family man, so this was a bit surprising. The cover up itself isn't surprising though.
                                                                    After the great Joe Paterno con, nothing really surprises me anymore with these guys.

Penn State should've received the SMU Death Penalty and did not. UNC, Miami, Baylor all came away clean. LSU sees this adn knows nothing will happen. This is going to continue on until someone gets their nuts stepped on. Hard.

The NCAA does nothing, so the beat goes on.

Comment

After the great Joe Paterno con, nothing really surprises me anymore with these guys.

Penn State should've received the SMU Death Penalty and did not. UNC, Miami, Baylor all came away clean. LSU sees this adn knows nothing will happen. This is going to continue on until someone gets their nuts stepped on. Hard.

The NCAA does nothing, so the beat goes on.
                                                                      They didn't agree to part ways. They booted him like a rotten tomato. AD thought by dumping him asap, it would save him, but the AD got the boot as well. Apparently the AD was aware of the LSU scuttlebutt, but hired Miles anyway.

I don't think they're done with LSU. There's punishment coming. Probably won't be as severe as it should be, but expect something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

They didn't agree to part ways. They booted him like a rotten tomato. AD thought by dumping him asap, it would save him, but the AD got the boot as well. Apparently the AD was aware of the LSU scuttlebutt, but hired Miles anyway.

I don't think they're done with LSU. There's punishment coming. Probably won't be as severe as it should be, but expect something.
                                                                        I don't believe they'll be punished. Honest feeling at this point.

Comment

• https://247sports.com/college/texas-...ama-162453705/

Former ND GA Harland Bower joins TAMU as an off field analyst
                                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• NFL route. Interesting. We’ll see if college comes calling in the 2021 thread lol

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                            Working...
                                                                            X