Arkansas- Sam Pittman- AHC/OL from Georgia
    Baylor- Dave Aranda- DC from LSU
    Boston College- Jeff Hafley- CoDC OSU
    Colorado- Karl Dorrell- AHC Miami Dolphins
    Florida State- Mike Norvell- HC from Memphis
    MSU- Mel Tucker- HC from Colorado
    Ole Miss- Lane Kiffin- HC from FAU
    Miss St- Mike Leach- HC from Washington St
    Missouri- Eli Drinkwitz- HC from App. St.
    Rutgers-Greg Schiano- Out of Retirement
    Washington- Jimmy Lake- DC from Washington
    Washington State- Nick Rolovich- HC from Hawaii

Group of 5 Hirings:

Appalachian State- Shawn Clark- OL Coach App. St.
    Colorado St- Steve Addazio- HC BC
    FAU- Willie Taggert- HC FSU
    Fresno State- Kalen DeBoer- OC IU
    Hawaii- Tood Graham- Out of Retirement
    Memphis- Ryan Silverfield- OL- Memphis
    New Mexico- Danny Gonzales- DC ASU
    Old Dominion- Ricky Rhane- OC/QB- Penn State
    SDSU- Brady Hoke- Promoted
    UNLV- Marcus Arroyo- OC Oregon
    USF- Jeff Scott- OC Clemson
    UTSA- Jeff Traylor- AHC/RB- Arkansas

CFB Retained:

Arizona- Kevin Sumlin
    Arizona St- Herm Edwards
    Michigan St- Mark Dantonio
    Miss St.- Joe Moorehead
    NC St- Dave Doeren
    New Mexico St- Doug Martin
    Northwestern- Pat Fitzgerald
    South Alabama- Steve Campbell
    South Carolina- Will Muschamp
    Texas- Tom Herman
    Tulsa- Phillip Montgomrery
    UCLA- Chip Kelly
    UCONN- Randy Edsall
    USC- Clay Helton
    Vanderbilt- Derek Mason

NFL Openings

NFL HC Hires

Carolina Panthers- Matt Rhule- HC Baylor
    Cleveland Browns- Kevin Stefanski- OC Minnesota Vikings
    Dallas Cowboys- Mike McCarthy- Ex HC Green Bay Packers
    New York Giants- Jo Judge- WR Coach New England Patriots
    Washington Redskins- Ron Rivera- HC Carolina Panthers (Fired)

NFL Coaches Retained

Atlanta Falcons- Dan Quinn
    Jacksonville Jaguars- Doug Marrone

Well, this came earlier than I imagined. Let the carousel begin!
    Edit- Jan 22- Carousel is closed barring any chaos
    Last edited by BabyIrish; 02-22-2020, 08:30 PM.
    Love Thee Notre Dame!

They better pay Clark Lea and keep his name out of this thread. That is all.

Comment

butch jones and greg schiano so far have been linked to rutgers
      EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
        lol @ Schiano

That dude's path did NOT take him where he thought it was going

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

and Jim Leavitt, one time USF coach who rebuilt his resume as MacIntyre's DC at Colorado.

Went to Oregon with Taggert, then got dropped by Cristobol.

Comment

Kind of funny I guess that Schiano was set to succeed Butch Jones at Tennessee until the fan base revolted and they eventually ended up with like...their 47th choice for head coach. Now they're both in line for Rutgers.

Comment

Having lost his last nine games against FBS teams, Strong is on the hot seat and buyout questions are being speculated. Strong is in the third year of a five year contract.

Charlie Strong's buyout at South Florida? Here are the details

The good news is that this week USF is playing UConn and USF is favored by 12.5. Lose to UConn and he's gone. The buyout is not clear cut in that there's a separate agreement between Strong and the USF Foundation, the school's private fundraising arm, which as a private firm does not have to disclose buyout terms with them.

Strong saw significant raise for the 2019 season. Strong's salary more doubled from $1 million to $2.5 million.
              Last edited by Legacy; 10-02-2019, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Jay Gruden has been fired as the Head Coach of the Redskins
                Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
                  Jay Gruden has been fired as the Head Coach of the Redskins
                  The Redskins will never be successful as a franchise until Daniel Snyder is no longer in charge, ie sells the team.

Comment

This would not be good. It would however prevent him from landing at U$C. F$U seems like a swampy enough program to embrace the likes of Urb.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...JsH?li=BBnba9I

Comment

USC is a better job. No real in state recruiting competition, no powerhouse like Clemson in the conference, probably more talent on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                        This would not be good. It would however prevent him from landing at U$C. F$U seems like a swampy enough program to embrace the likes of Urb.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...JsH?li=BBnba9I
                        Originally posted by ShawneeIrish View Post
                        USC is a better job. No real in state recruiting competition, no powerhouse like Clemson in the conference, probably more talent on the roster.
                        I read somewhere that UM would be VERY interested in the Cowboys job if it came open. That would be a win to get him out of the college game.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                          I read somewhere that UM would be VERY interested in the Cowboys job if it came open. That would be a win to get him out of the college game.
                          He could upgrade to the Cowboy cheerleaders instead of college volleyball players.

Comment

Bump
                            Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

Lane Kiffin to Florida State, who says no?

Comment

Taggart officially out. The Tallahassee Democrat has Bob Stoops as their #1 target.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                  Lane Kiffin to Florida State, who says no?
                                  This should happen. I can't imagine they are going to do better.
                                  Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

Stoops= Homerun hire

Kiffy= LOL Maybe a candidate at USC. ….oh wait.
                                    Last edited by loomis41973; 11-03-2019, 09:59 PM.

Comment

I have mentioned this before many times. The only coach I would take to replace Kelly if he is fired would be Bob Stoops.

I’m still shocked it took FSU this long to fire Taggert. He should have been fired after last season. As I have said this before many times Taggert must be the best salesman in the world to always land these plum jobs. Wondering if he regrets leaving Oregon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Please ad Freddie Kitchens to this list for the sake of my sanity.

Comment

Taggert has a rather large buyout.

Comment

Originally posted by ARALOU View Post
                                            worth every penny X2
                                            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Originally posted by ARALOU View Post
                                              Supposedly the Noles got 20 million in donation to buy out his contract

Comment

Could you imagine someone wanting you fired so bad that they give your employer $20 million to do it...

Comment

Other speculdated FSU candidates that I've read: Mark Stoops (FSU DC from 2010-2012), Les Miles

Comment

Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                                                    Could you imagine someone wanting you fired so bad that they give your employer $20 million to do it...
                                                    Yeah. Charlie's buyout was $19 million, still the record if Taggert's FSU buyout only - $18 mill. But they assumed a $3 mill buyout from Oregon and a buyout of an additional $1.3 million that Oregon still owed South Florida. FSU got $5 mill from A&M for Jimbo's buyout.

FSU should be ashamed of itself for the firing — and hiring — of Willie Taggart | Commentary
                                                    https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...p2m-story.html
                                                    Last edited by Legacy; 11-04-2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Lane Kiffin has expressed his interest in the FSU job.</p>&mdash; Dennis Dodd (@dennisdoddcbs) <a href="https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1191383214146957312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 4, 2019</a></blockquote>
                                                      <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

I can't imagine paying a $20 million dollar buyout mid season in year 2 without having a homerun hire (or something close) lined up. Crazier things have happened, I guess.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Lane Kiffin has expressed his interest in the FSU job.</p>&mdash; Dennis Dodd (@dennisdoddcbs) <a href="https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1191383214146957312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 4, 2019</a></blockquote>
                                                          <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                          I highly doubt they’ll take a number on him.
                                                          Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Other speculdated FSU candidates that I've read: Mark Stoops (FSU DC from 2010-2012), Les Miles
                                                            Tom Allen as well

Comment

I think James Franklin is the biggest winner of this coaching cycle, regardless of whether he even takes a new job or not.

He's going to be able to play USC, FSU and Penn State against each other. He's either getting a huge offer at a new school, or getting a massive raise from PSU.

He's gonna get better-than-Harbaugh money.

Comment

Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                I highly doubt they’ll take a number on him.
                                                                I would love Kiffin in Tallahassee. It is like adding gasoline on to a dumpster fire.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                  I think James Franklin is the biggest winner of this coaching cycle, regardless of whether he even takes a new job or not.

He's going to be able to play USC, FSU and Penn State against each other. He's either getting a huge offer at a new school, or getting a massive raise from PSU.

He's gonna get better-than-Harbaugh money.
                                                                  Yup. He picked the right time to have his best season (through 8 games at least).

Comment

I should throw my name out there too. I've accomplished about as much as Lane as a HC so why not.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
                                                                      I should throw my name out there too. I've accomplished about as much as Lane as a HC so why not.
                                                                      You never spun a call sheet like that bro, don't even front...
                                                                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Les picked a bad year to come back to coaching.

Comment

You're selling yourself short.

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                            You never spun a call sheet like that bro, don't even front...
                                                                            Never got my ass kicked before (and during) the Sun Bowl either.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                              Les picked a bad year to come back to coaching.
                                                                              Well, it's not like he can't abandon ship early...but yeah.

Never got my ass kicked before (and during) the Sun Bowl either.
                                                                              You could be the next Joey Freshwater!

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Imagine your accountants eyes when he sees a donation to fire someone lol

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  A Tallahassee TV/Radio station is saying FSU is "very close" to a deal with Bob Stoops. No idea if its well sourced or not.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    It also sounds like Rutgers is close to hiring Schiano
                                                                                    Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Stoops says thanks, but no thanks. On to the next

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        PJ Fleck agreeing contract extension with Minnesota apparently
                                                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                          PJ Fleck agreeing contract extension with Minnesota apparently
                                                                                          Guarantee it has a "ND out" clause.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            https://fightingirishwire.usatoday.c...interested-in/

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              I'd be more than fine with Stoops.

Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                                                              Guarantee it has a "ND out" clause.
                                                                                              I bet there are several outs.

Funny how quiet all the Fleck haters have been this year. They'll get squashed this weekend, but he's still done a good job.
                                                                                              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Chad Morris has been fired by Arkansas.

I’d love to see them go after Mike Leach just for the entertainment value.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                                                                                  Chad Morris has been fired by Arkansas.

I’d love to see them go after Mike Leach just for the entertainment value.
                                                                                                  Football is better because of Mike Leach. I’d love to see him in the SEC.
                                                                                                  Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
                                                                                                    Football is better because of Mike Leach. I’d love to see him in the SEC.
                                                                                                    The comedic value of Mike Leach beating Tennessee in 2020 would be so delightful.

But really, what coach in their right mind is going to that program? They just fired their coach before the hire's two year birthday. Sure, they were terrible. But look at the 2020 and 2021 schedules.

2020 - At Notre Dame, Texas A&M in Arlington, Bama, LSU, At Auburn, with UT and Missouri as cross over games. 4 wins is a good year next year.

2021 - Swaps ND for Texas, swaps Tennessee for UGA. Still has all the SEC West foes. Again, 4 wins is good, 6 would be amazing.

If the coach isn't fired by end of 2021, 2022 would need to save the job and the schedule does lighten a bit, but not enough to see anything more than 6 wins.

Coach who takes this is a dead man walking.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X