• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football Week 1 Viewing Guide

Thursday, September 1
    Appalachian State @ #9 Tennessee - 7:30 PM, SEC Network
    South Carolina @ Vanderbilt - 8:00 PM, ESPN

Friday, September 2
    Colorado State vs. Colorado @ Mile High Stadium, Denver, Colorado - 8:00 PM, ESPN
    Kansas State @ #8 Stanford - 9:00 PM, FS1

Saturday, September 3
    Georgia Tech vs. Boston College @ Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland - 7:30 AM, ESPN2

College GameDay Built by The Home Depot @ Lambeau Field, Green Bay, Wisconsin - 9:00 AM, ESPN

#3 Oklahoma vs. #15 Houston @ NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas - 12:00 PM, ABC

#16 UCLA @ Texas A&M - 3:30 PM, CBS
    #5 LSU @ Wisconsin - 3:30 PM, ABC
    #18 Georgia vs. #22 North Carolina @ Georgia Dome, Atlanta, Georgia - 5:30 PM, ESPN

#20 USC vs. #1 Alabama @ AT&T Stadium, Dallas, Texas - 8:00 PM, ABC
    #2 Clemson @ Auburn - 9:00 PM, ESPN

BYU @ Arizona - 10:30 PM, FS1

Sunday, September 4
    #10 Notre Dame @ Texas - 7:30 PM, ABC

Monday, September 5
    #11 Ole Miss vs. #4 Florida State @ Citrus Bowl, Orlando, Florida - 8:00 PM, ESPN
    Last edited by wizards8507; 09-01-2016, 02:40 PM.

Let me know if I missed any good ones. I'll try to do one of these every week with games of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
      Let me know if I missed any good ones. I'll try to do one of these every week with games of interest.
      Thanks Wizards! What a fantastic opening week line up! Though it will suck going all Saturday and most of Sunday waiting for our game!

Comment

It's lit fam.

Comment

Best damn opening weekend of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

Such a good call by ND/Texas to move to Sunday night. Improves the weekend dramatically. Eliminates viewing conflicts for everybody on a crowded and awesome night slate (whether they love or hate ND, they appreciate the move subconsciously), and bridges Saturday to Monday and makes it 5 straight days of fooooooootbawwwwwwww.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

OF ALL TIME.

Such a good call by ND/Texas to move to Sunday night. Improves the weekend dramatically. Eliminates viewing conflicts for everybody on a crowded and awesome night slate (whether they love or hate ND, they appreciate the move subconsciously), and bridges Saturday to Monday and makes it 5 straight days of fooooooootbawwwwwwww.
            I know. Every time I here someone bitch about it being on a Sunday, I whisper "it's Labor Day weekend, you don't work Monday" and watch their eyes light up. It's very rewarding.
            Originally posted by koonja
            I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

OF ALL TIME.

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
              I know. Every time I here someone bitch about it being on a Sunday, I whisper "it's Labor Day weekend, you don't work Monday" and watch their eyes light up. It's very rewarding.
              For those of us going to the game it is pretty much the greatest decision ever.

Full day of drinking and watching games on Saturday followed by a full day of tailgating on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by gkIrish View Post

Full day of drinking and watching games on Saturday followed by a full day of tailgating on Sunday.
                Go to Mass you degenerate.

Comment

If you're a true football addict, and you need three games on your "Previous" button on DirecTV for Thursday night, Western Kentucky vs Rice should be an entertaining football game for commercial breaks during Tenn/AppSt and SCar/Vandy. It's on CBS Sports network at 8pm.

Jeff Brohm's offense is a treat to watch, and they have a bowling-ball of a running back named Ferby.

Leggooooooo.

Comment

I love the sports app that Comcast has on the X1 platform. I press one button on my remote, all the box scores with down and distance come up, and then I can click on a game and it brings me right to the appropriate channel.

Comment

This incredible lineup is not only entertaining, but will likely also help ND in the long run. Having other teams play tough out of conference games to start the season is exactly what we need.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
                        This incredible lineup is not only entertaining, but will likely also help ND in the long run. Having other teams play tough out of conference games to start the season is exactly what we need.
                        And it's good for the game. I hope we get to the point where the committee is trying to decide which 9-3 teams are making the playoffs.

Comment

I'm super hyped for the UCLA game honestly,... UCLA should steam roll them, but it's also UCLA they're historically a very Jekyll and Hyde team... should be a very interesting game either way.
                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

If you're a true football addict, and you need three games on your "Previous" button on DirecTV for Thursday night, Western Kentucky vs Rice should be an entertaining football game for commercial breaks during Tenn/AppSt and SCar/Vandy. It's on CBS Sports network at 8pm.

Jeff Brohm's offense is a treat to watch, and they have a bowling-ball of a running back named Ferby.

Leggooooooo.
                            Wiz won't post games for CBS... only ESPN and ABC... The disney Fam

Comment

What a start to the 2016 season.
                              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Auburn over Clemson is my upset pick of the week

Comment

Has anyone tried to go through a football season without cable? I bought sling tv and have been ok with it. I'm nervous about ND home games and things not on Watch ESPN.

Comment

I'm thinking GK is going to hit up Mass. Day drinking begins with him playing slap the bag (Google if you are low energy) in the communion line.
                                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Just FYI...the only chance to see MSU before we play them on 9/17...

MSU hosts Furman, Friday, 9/2 @ 7pm on Big Ten Network
                                      Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

Originally posted by connor_in View Post
                                        Just FYI...the only chance to see MSU before we play them on 9/17...

MSU hosts Furman, Friday, 9/2 @ 7pm on Big Ten Network
                                        "Pop had to pull a lot of strings to get you into Furman..."

or was it:

"get you a deferment"

discuss

Comment

Leggooooooo.
                                          WKU is probably the second best team playing on Thursday night following Tennessee. WKU beat Vandy last season and I would hazard a guess that they will be better than both Vandy and USCe this season. Received a couple top 25 votes.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                            I'm thinking GK is going to hit up Mass. Day drinking begins with him playing slap the bag (Google if you are low energy) in the communion line.
                                            Haven't been to church since Easter. And I ain't Catholic.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawneeIrish View Post
                                              WKU is probably the second best team playing on Thursday night following Tennessee. WKU beat Vandy last season and I would hazard a guess that they will be better than both Vandy and USCe this season. Received a couple top 25 votes.
                                              Depends on their new QB. Doughty was the truth, as were their top two targets in the passing game that are now gone.

They've got a great running back trio returning, a great offensive line, and a couple of studs back at WR, but the QB makes the offense go. I'm curious to see how they do.

Comment

I'm most excited for Houston- OU on Saturday then the obvious choice on Sunday.

UH is an underdog story and they are putting a lot of work into building that program. Plus, Stoops sucks.

I'll be torn between the Lambeau matchup and Aggies v Bruins in the afternoon. I think the Aggies come out swinging like last year against ASU and LSU dominates the badgers at "home."

I despise Auburn, but would L-O-V-E to see the preseason hyped Clemson fall fast and hard.

I think poor AARP and KSU get throttled at Stanford.

Amazing week of football. Good thing all of them Vbucks I banked since January are ready to be wasted.
                                                Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

I'd love to see Houston beat Oklahoma on Saturday, followed by Houston losing to Cincy in week 3.

Eliminate Houston as a CFB Playoff roadblock, and throw a major wrench into Oklahoma's Playoff resume.

Comment

Depends on their new QB. Doughty was the truth, as were their top two targets in the passing game that are now gone.

They've got a great running back trio returning, a great offensive line, and a couple of studs back at WR, but the QB makes the offense go. I'm curious to see how they do.
                                                    It will be interesting. I am curious to see how much was Doughty versus Brohm's coaching. I think any decent QB should thrive in his system but they had like 7 guys competing for QB last I hear which doesn't bode well. Brohm also lost the OC Clay Helton who went to join his bro at USC. If WKU strings together 10+ wins again this season I expect Brohm moves on to greener pastures at a P5 school.

Comment

Of the non-ND games I am by far most interested in Bama - USC. I would love the Trojans to knock off Bama and be a highly ranked team when we faceoff at the end of the season but I think Bama steamrolls them.

Comment

It will be interesting. I am curious to see how much was Doughty versus Brohm's coaching. I think any decent QB should thrive in his system but they had like 7 guys competing for QB last I hear which doesn't bode well. Brohm also lost the OC Clay Helton who went to join his bro at USC. If WKU strings together 10+ wins again this season I expect Brohm moves on to greener pastures at a P5 school.
                                                        Oh for sure. I get the vibe that Brohm has a BK-esque plug-and-play offense, where any serviceable QB can get it done because of the system and the coaching.

Doughty was a relative afterthought on that roster when Brohm got there, but there also weren't many other options at QB, so Doughty kind of got the starting gig by default. Then he tore it up and was granted a 6th year due to previous injuries or whatever.

Too early to tell if that was just a hidden-gem situation that Brohm fell into (on top of having a good offense), or if it's like the old Hawaii systems where anyone is gonna put up numbers. Very curious to see how their new guy (White) does.

Comment

Two days.

Comment

Of the non-ND games I am by far most interested in Bama - USC. I would love the Trojans to knock off Bama and be a highly ranked team when we faceoff at the end of the season but I think Bama steamrolls them.
                                                            2nd that. USC wining here can potentially help Notre Dame very much down the line. It would be great to see 'Bama get knocked right out of the box and USC be a top team for when the Irish come to SoCal. If USC is the PAC-12 champ but the Irish had just kicked their ass the week before to finish 12-0 or 11-1 it could take the PAC-12 out of the Final 4 and make room for ND. And of course it's always pleasant to see 'Bama lose. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

nope my usc fan of a brother is going to the game, I hope bama wins by 101

Comment

It's football day

Comment

Tulane @ Wake Forest Thursday night too on ESPN 3. Interested in that Houston v Oklahoma game, I expect that one to be a fun ride.
                                                                    Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                      If Deshaun Watson misses the flight, then yeah, maybe.
                                                                      Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                        War Eagle

Comment

It's football day

Comment

GET SOME COLD CUTS

Gotta stock up on my Dr. Pepper, Coke Zero, and orange Homer buckets.

#GetUpItsGameDay

Comment

• #39
                                                                              GET SOME COLD CUTS

Gotta stock up on my Dr. Pepper, Coke Zero, and orange Homer buckets.

#GetUpItsGameDay
                                                                              Buckets?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                                Buckets?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Oh. Okay then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Added BYU @ Arizona for you night owls and left coasters.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I am going to watch the shit out of South Carolina Vandy tonight. GET HYPE

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I'm thinking Fla Int beats IU tonight. B10's first loss of the season.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Joey Galloway didn't shave for opening night.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            In FCS action we got the Stony Brook whatever their name is vs. U of North Dakota fighting Siou.......hawks.
                                                                                            Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              App St. beat Michigan on Sept. 1st. Would love to see a repeat tonight.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Haven't been to church since Easter. And I ain't Catholic.
                                                                                                We are the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church established by Jesus Christ in his Great Commission to his Apostles. We're Catholic, we just aren't Catholics. And then again I may have found the world's only non Orthodox Greek by chance on the internet.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                                                  We are the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church established by Jesus Christ in his Great Commission to his Apostles. We're Catholic, we just aren't Catholics. And then again I may have found the world's only non Orthodox Greek by chance on the internet.
                                                                                                  Correct, haha.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Touchdown App State

Sent from my Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X